Home
Posted By: 16bore Vacation Cruise.... - 05/17/19
Somewhere hot, preferably. Go or avoid it at all cost?
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/17/19
I went on a cruise with my bride for our honeymoon. Holland America, western Caribbean. We had a great time. Very economical, too.
Posted By: prplbkrr Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/17/19
Go. The whole family ,11 of us, went to the Turks and Dominican Rep. Had a blast. Do your home work before you go. Check out what ports you will dock at, and what there is to do at those ports.

And be sure to take meclazine (sp?) along for motion sickness. I didn't need it, but....

If the misses is pregnant, she should not get off of the boat at port.

A cruise was one of 3 things I said I would NEVER DO. It was fun!! Glad I did it.
Posted By: hanco Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/17/19
The ones I’ve been on had tons of colored people. You couldn’t get in the pool for all the little coloreds making pests of themselves. They cut in line, crude, rude, you won’t get me on a cruise again to Caribbean. Went to Spain, got on a cruise there, went to France and Italy, no coloreds there, would go again. Good luck!
Posted By: 16bore Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/17/19
Which cruise lines? Carnival? Royal Caribbean? Just looking at 4 days to Nassau right now. Short and sweet I reckon.

Hanco....I see you don’t like colored people.
Originally Posted by 16bore
Which cruise lines? Carnival? Royal Caribbean? Just looking at 4 days to Nassau right now. Short and sweet I reckon.

Hanco....I see you don’t like colored people.

Not rude, obnoxious ones that don’t control their children.
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/17/19
Go! Just do your due diligence on the cruise lines and enjoy not having to make any important decisions. We did a Disney Cruise a few years back and had a fantastic time. Good food, first class entertainment and a spotlessly clean ship were a few of the pleasant surprises we found onboard. I’d not hesitate to take another Disney Cruise, kids or no kids. 👍
Posted By: dennisinaz Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/17/19
I will never go on another Holland America ship again.
Posted By: Sig220 Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/17/19
Hmm, I leave next week on a cruise to Alaska.

Have been in the Gulf of Mexico on cruses as well. I try to pick my cruise by where it goes to port. In Mexico the only port I would get off the boat is Cozumel, Rhoatan is nice, Belize as long as you don't stay in the City....fly up to Ambergris Keye for the day. I have lost nothing in Jamaica.... So I guess the next cruise in the South will have to be East.....but not the Bahamas and not the Virgin Islands. Do your own research and read of other people's experiences.

The cruise itself is kind of neat....like a train trip with more room and on the water!
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/17/19

What the schit is wrong with you???

No! Nyet! Never! Nada!

Nein!

If you really must...train yourself by locking yourself in an over flowing porta potty on some construction site in Phoenix during August.

Have your meals delivered three times daily. Dont skip the shellfish.

That will prepare you for your cruise.
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/17/19
Slightly Claustrophobic?
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/17/19
16Bore: The VarmintWife and I have been on three, one week long cruises.
I am NOT the most social seeking person but I was absolutely thrilled with all three cruises (east Caribbean, west Caribbean and Seattle to Alaska)!
I am looking forward to our next cruise which will include the Panama Canal.
Relaxing, low stress and set your own pace, agenda, eating, drinking and what onboard entertainment YOU want to partake of!
Go - and enjoy yourself!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/17/19
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Slightly Claustrophobic?

Me? Nope.

Unless you consider the fear being standed on a rocking, disabled boat in the middle of summer during a Norovirus outbreak to be claustrophobic.

Then yes.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/17/19

How do you feel about intestinal viruses?
Posted By: las Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/17/19
or flight seeing?
You need to go on the Molly B Polka cruise. It’s in December I think. Lots of polka dancing
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/17/19
Originally Posted by hanco
You need to go on the Molly B Polka cruise. It’s in December I think. Lots of polka dancing

Do you think she'd do the polka with me? She's kind of cute.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/17/19
I've been on three. The two on Norwegian Line were the best (Alaska and Hawaii). The most recent was a military reunion on Royal Caribbean to Roatan and Mexico. I wasn't very impressed with the RC trip. They blared music on the ship until very late hours, for the party crowd, but nobody could escape it. And their drinks package was outrageously expensive.

I MUCH prefer Norwegian. The seven-day four island loop around Hawaii was superb. So was their Seattle to Seattle cruise of Alaska - but that one doesn't meet your "warm requirement" very well.

I strongly recommend you let a travel agent book your cruise for you. They know ALL the angles and options (which can be very confusing) and don't charge you a penny.
Originally Posted by JamesJr

Do you think she'd do the polka with me? She's kind of cute.

For a nominal fee!
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/17/19
P

I would rather fix 10 miles of 5 strand barbed wire fence...
Posted By: dale06 Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/17/19
If no kids, look at windstar cruises in Caribbean.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/17/19

I've been on about 8 cruises to date.. Mostly eastern and southern Caribbean.. But western is OK, and always cheaper than the other two.. Just stay off Carnival Cruises, unless you're 25, wild and drunk most of the time.. laugh

Holland America, Royal Caribbean, Celebrity et al are nearly all very good to go on...
Norwegian and Princess have "open dining" as opposed to assigned table and dining times. We prefer the open option for the flexibility when booking shore excursions. And to be able to eat when you're hungry, not when they decide you'll eat.
Reckon I’ll put Carnival at the bottom of the list.
Posted By: NDsnowman Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/17/19
Cruises, home of the newlywed, the overfed and the nearly dead.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/17/19
Heading to Alaska on Norwegian in July. Been wanting to do this for a long time.
Posted By: UPhiker Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/17/19
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Norwegian and Princess have "open dining" as opposed to assigned table and dining times. We prefer the open option for the flexibility when booking shore excursions. And to be able to eat when you're hungry, not when they decide you'll eat.

+1 We're going on our 5th NCL cruise in 5 weeks. Amsterdam to Rome. We're touring Arnhem (A Bridge Too Far) before the cruise and our LeHavre, France stop includes a D-Day tour--2 weeks after the 75th Anniversary. I expect to have goosebumps...
Posted By: Beoceorl Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/17/19
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Heading to Alaska on Norwegian in July. Been wanting to do this for a long time.

Our kids sent my wife and me on an Alaska cruise a few years back. We thoroughly enjoyed it.
Originally Posted by NDsnowman
Cruises, home of the newlywed, the overfed and the nearly dead.

I gotta remember this
Posted By: Calvin Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/17/19
Reckon I’ll put Carnival at the bottom of the list.

We had a good time on Carnival. If you don't mind seeing folk try to eat themselves to death on a daily basis, it ain't bad.

The economy is good, so they ain't giving the trips away, which helps.
Carnival cruise last year it of Puerto Rico was about 75% colored. Try that one.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/17/19
Originally Posted by UPhiker

+1 We're going on our 5 NCL cruise in 5 weeks. Amsterdam to Rome. We're touring Arnhem (A Bridge Too Far) before the cruise and our LeHavre, France stop includes a D-Day tour--2 weeks after the 75th Anniversary. I expect to have goosebumps...

If you don't have goosebumps, you are either non-American or dead.

When you finally get to Colleville and look across that field of white crosses, it is a very humbling sight.
Posted By: hasbeen1945 Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/17/19
Now I’ll give you a little to think about. BIL and Wife and some of his family left Galveston going to Mexico. On the way after eating he fell and hit his head. Didn’t seem to be a problem at the time. A couple of hours later it was. They got him to the ships emergency room.
They checked him out , he didn’t know who or where he was.
By now they were to far out for a helicopter to come get him. Finally arrived at Cancun and moved him off the ship to a local hospital.
SIL retired from the medical field and said the hospital was great. Now the circus began. Air ambulance was tied to the hospital and moved him to Florida to a hospital there.
Now they are from Dallas area. And that’s where his doctors are. Only way to get him there is air ambulance.
Finally got him to Dallas. Now the fall caused a brain bleed along with other complications. He passed away shortly after returning to Dallas.
Plan for emergency’s. Take out air ambulance insurance. Hasbeen
I took the one out of LA to Mexico.

Didn't really pay attention to the racial makeup of the cruise. We do go to bed at 7pm though with small kids, and I'm pretty sure we didn't see the vast majority of the ship. Mornings on the ship were fantastic. The gamblers and drinkers didn't even start showing up until dinner.
Posted By: DownWind Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/17/19
Been on six cruises in the past 15 years ... all on Carnival. Wife and I have enjoyed them all ... no food poisoning, rowdy behavioral issues, etc. Our destinations were in the Eastern Caribbean, Cozumel, Honduras, Belize. Avoid hurricane season and hot summer months (we prefer Jan/Feb). Son just got back last week from his first cruise (on Carnival) last week and thoroughly enjoyed it. You'll save $$$ with Carnival.
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
Now I’ll give you a little to think about. BIL and Wife and some of his family left Galveston going to Mexico. On the way after eating he fell and hit his head. Didn’t seem to be a problem at the time. A couple of hours later it was. They got him to the ships emergency room.
By now they were to far out for a helicopter to come get him. Finally arrived at Cancun and moved him off the ship to a local hospital.
SIL retired from the medical field and said the hospital was great. Now the circus began. Air ambulance was tied to the hospital and moved him to Florida to a hospital there.
Now they are from Dallas area. And that’s where his doctors are. Only way to get him there is air ambulance.
Finally got him to Dallas. Now the fall caused a brain bleed along with other complications. He passed away shortly after returning to Dallas.

Good grief man, that’s horrible.
Thinking we’ll leave out of Charleston, SC....if that matters.
I wasn't a cruise fan (never been and never wanted to go) until my wife talked me into taking an Alaskan one. Now, I'm hooked. It's like having a moving hotel room. The logistics versus planning a multi-city vacation is just so much easier. That being said, I would never go on a Caribbean/Mexican cruise. I like cooler weather and interesting cultural and scenic places.
Buy trip insurance, someone might get sick, have to cancel your trip!
Buy trip insurance, someone might get sick, have to cancel your trip!

Even for white people? 😆

But yeah, that’s a good idea. I don’t wanna drive, cook, plan, or anything else except see how many Bahama Momma’s I can drink.
Posted By: tzone Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/17/19
I went on one. I couldn't get off the ship fast enough.
Posted By: pete53 Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/17/19
on one of the cruises i went on the ship stopped and we all went to the island of Jamaica,bunch of drugged people who just begged and wanted money
Posted By: tzone Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/17/19
Originally Posted by pete53
on one of the cruises i went on the ship stopped and we all went to the island of Jamaica,bunch of drugged people who just begged and wanted money

Like MN.

Yes. I have been there! Lots of winners there!!!
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/17/19
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945

Hate to hear that.

There's lots of factors with everything. The more control "they" have over us, the more red tape and factors there are.
Don’t get off the boat in Mexico.
Posted By: Burleyboy Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/17/19
I've been on carnival a few times. I enjoyed it but it was definitely not a high class event. I'd like to go again on a nicer cruise line. The carnival lines seemed more geared towards budget minded partiers and inner city people. Carnival is a good name for it.

I enjoyed cruising, set your own schedule, do what you want, and a few lazy days at sea. I hope to find a nice line next time. I'll probably have to take the kids on a Disney cruise soon.

Bb
Originally Posted by tzone

Where? When? What line?

It sounds like you didn't do your due diligence.
Posted By: Bob_H_in_NH Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/17/19

Wife and I have been on several, different lines, different destinations:

- Norweigen - Greek Islands in the Med
- Celebrity - AFter the "land" portion of Alaska, cruised Seward to Vancouver
- Carnival and Royal Carribean to east and west Carib, different islands etc
- Carnival: short Bahamas cruise

Don't worry to much about the Carnival "party" reputation. We really didn't notice to much diffrence in the people, but the ships, RC is "fancier" than Carnival, but both are nice.

Carribbean, really depends on the stops. Loved St. Martin, St. Thomas, Cancun, didn't care for Mexico, though we did get to see the ruins in Mexico which was cool. Mexico and Jamaica seem to "funnel" you to street vendors more.

Alaskan stops, at least that we did were much more "low key" and relaxing.

Greek Islands, the stops were AMAZING, but more costly.

things you will find that are different than the brochures: If you want to hang out in a pool. FORGET IT. Way to many people, not enough chairs and if you have a chair in the sun, ITS HOT. We tended to find an out of the way chair on a deck somewhere an read or nap for the days at sea.

Dinner: endless food, you can order everything on the menu etc. You already paid. Norweigan has "open dining" meaning you go when you want, but they also had "up charge" for restaurants outside the main dining room. Also you don't have to go to the dining room, there's food EVERYWHERE.

If you are a drinker, GET THE DRINK PACKAGE, THEN UPGRADE IT (note a travel agent can probably get this for you for free, not the upgrade but the base). If you have more than a glass of wine or a beer or two a day, its worth it.

Pictures: Everywhere you go, especially on "dress up night" there are photographers trying to take your picture, they actually do a good job and the taking is free. The pictures then show up in the gallery and you look, if you want them you pay, if you don't you toss them in a bucket to make room on the wall. You can get some nice pictures of the family this way.

They are people moving experts in ports. If you do excursions through the ship, the ship won't leave without you and they have been checked out by the cruise line. If you do your own thing, it can be cheaper and more options, but if you're late, the ship will leave without you!

Cruises are a great way to see lots of places quickly. It's probably the only way I would go Hawaii for the first time, the "hotel" bounces island to island. Gets you a view of lots, but not alot of time on anything.
Posted By: jimy Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/17/19
You people must live in terrible places in [bleep] towns to want to get get on a floating outhouse , and eat food prepared by people that wipe their azzes with he same hands that they prepare your food with, and doing this with the intent of arriving at a third world country to be met by bandits, whom's life goals are to rape your lady folks, and rob you in order to maintain their drug habits, yep sounds like a great time to me !

I'm thinking I'll be starting a "Flossing shop for feral cats " to finance my next cruising vacation !
Posted By: StoneCutter Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/17/19
I've been on a bunch of cruises. This is my take.

They all have good food. The drink packages aren't worth it unless you're planning on drinking from noon to midnight. I bought it once and analyzed the cost. I broke even and felt like I had to drink more to get my money's worth. Choose "Any Time Dining" so you can eat dinner when you want. Pick an itinerary that takes you to as many islands as possible. I prefer the Eastern Caribbean. Get an outside room with a balcony. Don't get a room on the next to the top floor under the Lido Deck. You'll hear all that noise above you with people walking around and rolling carts. The best time to go is October when the kids are in school and the weather is warm and the rates are low. August isn't bad either. It's cooler down there than it is here. The best port of Ft. Lauderdale, then San Juan. In Ft. Lauderdale, the airport is about 5 minutes from the cruise terminal.

Cruise lines.

Carnival: Bottom of the bucket in my opinion. It's a fun time with a lot of partying. The passengers are a younger group with trailer trash and other lower life forms mixed in. I don't recommend getting in the pools or hot tubs.

Disney: Top of the line, but way too many little kids for my liking.

Royal Caribbean: Pretty good and middle of the road. The last one I took was on one of the Oasis Class Ships. A total feat of engineering. It's a floating city. I think it'll haul about 3000 passengers. Still a fair amount of kids and families, but not too bad.

Princess: My favorite. Very nice with an older group of passengers. Excellent. I highly recommend it.

Norwegian: Also very nice. Very similar to Princess.

Eastern Caribbean Islands.

Puerto Rico: I've only been to San Juan and it's OK.

St. Thomas: It's OK, but if you have enough time, take the ferry to St. John. The beaches are better. They drive on the left side of the road, but they're a US territory. WTF is with that?

Jamaica: It's a third world schithole. Watch your ass and don't trust anybody. If you go ashore, take a shore excursion to a closed resort and stay there.

St. Lucia: Third world schithole but absolutely spectacular. If you're on a cruise ship, you won't have enough time to go up to the Pitan's. The people were really nice.

St. Kitts: Another great island, however, go to the eastern end of the island. It's the best part.

St. Martin/St. Maarten: One of my most favorite places in the world. It's half French and half Dutch. The Dutch side is better. They drive on the right side of the road. The last time I was there, we rented a jeep and drove around the island and went to a couple of different beaches. I love this place.

Barbados: Pretty good, but a little bit off the beaten path.

Martinique: It's OK, but it's mainly French speaking and it can hard to communicate with the people.

Antigua: Really nice little island and people are nice.

Nassau, Bahamas: Pay for a shore excursion to the Atlantis. Pretty spectacular resort. The people are nice but don't go into town after dark.

Dominican Republic: Another third world schithole, but the people were very nice. The beach we went to was beautiful.

Originally Posted by jimy
You people must live in terrible places in [bleep] towns to want to get get on a floating outhouse , and eat food prepared by people that wipe their azzes with he same hands that they prepare your food with, and doing this with the intent of arriving at a third world country to be met by bandits, whom's life goals are to rape your lady folks, and rob you in order to maintain their drug habits, yep sounds like a great time to me !

I'm thinking I'll be starting a "Flossing shop for feral cats " to finance my next cruising vacation !

Very accurate!!

Very accurate!!

If they would slow down to a proper trolling speed and let me mount a couple of down riggers I might just reconsider !
Jimy's description is humorous, but inaccurate. If it were anything like that, the cruise industry would have gone out of business long ago. The ones I've been on were scrupulously clean, the food excellent, the crew fastidious and polite to the extreme, and the entire process perfected to the last detail. From 2007 to 2018, cruise passenger annual numbers have rocketed from 15.6 million to a projected total of over 25 million this year.

Those cruise lines are doing something right. Actually, a whole damn lot right.
Some folks can be miserable doing just about anything. Got a buddy like that. Spent big bucks to go on a high dollar cruise, and nit picked and complained his way through it. Drove his wife crazy and ruined it for her. Dude is incapable of just relaxing and having a good time without succumbing to the need to criticize everyone and everything. Tough way to go though life.
Posted By: Dess Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/17/19
We went on Amawaterways for a Rhine River cruise. Very laid back and relaxing. I'm not fan of crowds and it was the perfect fit for us.
Sounds like nothing butt Sh~ts and giggles to me !

Jan. 11, 2019, 5:08 PM EST
By Minyvonne Burke
The number of people hit with a gastrointestinal illness on a Royal Caribbean International cruise ship has swelled to nearly 500, a company spokeswoman said Friday.

The increase to 475 people comes a day after the company said 277 passengers on the Oasis of the Seas had initially fallen ill.

Travelers on the cruise ship — which according to Royal Caribbean’s website is a 1,187-foot long vessel and was voted the best cruise ship 2014 by Travel Weekly readers — started feeling sick after the ship departed from Port Canaveral in Brevard County, Florida, on Sunday.
Posted By: Stevepoz Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/17/19
We went on a Royal Caribbean cruise a few years ago.
Food was good, not great.
Rooms nice but small - definitely get a balcony.
Pool was small and very crowded, people reserved seats before breakfast.
Our stops were Bahamas (no desire to go back to Nassau), St. Maartin (great - would go back) and St. Thomas (would go back). Problem was debarking with 3k of my closest friends every time, not ideal from my perspective.
My biggest issue was being on someone else's schedule for meals and excursions. We enjoyed our time on St. Maartin and St. Thomas but had to rush back.

I would not do another Caribbean big boat cruise but would consider one for Alaska or a European river cruise.

On the other hand, we with 3 other couples chartered a crewed catamaran in the BVIs. Best vacation ever & would do that again in a heartbeat.
Posted By: akasparky Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/17/19
So many people seem to be so quick to pay Foreign-Owned companies stacks of American earned dollars to haul their azzes outta the country to spend more American earned dollars in other countries, what the hell?

Plenty to see here is the USA, plenty of warm beach's and good food, what's wrong with spending vacation dollars in our own country?

The USA thanks you for all your support you bunch of hypocrites.............

Do you guys ever research these companies you spend your money with?

Carnival Corporation has reportedly been paying wages under $1.50 per hour to employees with low-to-nonexistent benefits, such as holidays or minimal vacations. Monthly salaries of the high-paid workers are around $1,300. Employees report strenuous working conditions such as 14-hour shifts with no days off. Retirement benefits were revoked in October 2013.

April 2019, Carnival Corporation was accused of violating probation rules. The allegations include 800 incidents from April 2017 to April 2018. A federal judge has threatened to impose severe fines which may increase tenfold . The judge also stated that Carnival ships may be temporarily banned from docking in US ports. The final verdict will be announced in July 2019 at the hearing
Originally Posted by akasparky
So many people seem to be so quick to pay Foreign-Owned companies stacks of American earned dollars to haul their azzes outta the country to spend more American earned dollars in other countries, what the hell?

Plenty to see here is the USA, plenty of warm beach's and good food, what's wrong with spending vacation dollars in our own country?

The correct question is do YOU ever research these companies? Most ARE American owned.

Carnival Corporation has reportedly been paying wages under $1.50 per hour to employees with low-to-nonexistent benefits, such as holidays or minimal vacations. Monthly salaries of the high-paid workers are around $1,300. Employees report strenuous working conditions such as 14-hour shifts with no days off. Retirement benefits were revoked in October 2013.

April 2019, Carnival Corporation was accused of violating probation rules. The allegations include 800 incidents from April 2017 to April 2018. A federal judge has threatened to impose severe fines which may increase tenfold . The judge also stated that Carnival ships may be temporarily banned from docking in US ports. The final verdict will be announced in July 2019 at the hearing

Sent from your American made computer....
Posted By: Bob_H_in_NH Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/17/19

Our next "cruise" will be a river cruise in overseas. Smaller boats, less crowded interesting cities to visit.

The "balcony or not" debate is a good one. Decide how much you will spend in the room. Balcony will cost more, how much depends on timing, demand etc. On a typical 7 day cruise you will be 'at sea' two full days, first and last. The rest of the days TYPICALLY you are in a port while you're awake, and the ship re-positions to the next port over night. The at sea days having a balcony would be really nice, quiet spot to read, have lunch, chat with spouse etc. the room itself will also be a bit bigger. You have to balance the extra cost for how much you will use it.

"inside rooms" are the cheapest. No windows and small. think closet with a bed in it. It's actually challenging at times for 2 people to get ready for dinner at once! But it's also DARK when you turn off the lights. No sunshine etc., can be good - for sleeping in the morning, and bad - no clue what time it is when you wake up. Balcony also gives you somewhere to go if you wake up before your spouse!

For food, I'd consider it good to very good, but not great. It's mass produced, so if you are into gourmet quality food, it's ok/good. If you are used to Applebee's, well it's very good to great! Buffets also happen all night and you can almost always find pizza and burgers, ice creme etc 24 hours a day
Posted By: Judman Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/17/19
Been on carnival a couple times to the Caribbean, I recommend it
Posted By: slumlord Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/17/19

!

Can get all that in Atlanta. laugh
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/17/19
Shrapnel: "I" have strung (and took down!) barbed wire fences in Oregon, Montana and Wyoming!
You are completely wrong about this one!
Cruising is as relaxing as any type of vacation as I have ever done (and I have been doing them for going on 70 years now!)!
IF... you have had a bad experience "cruising" then I suggest you investigate another cruise line/area and give it another try.
I hope I live long enough to go on several more cruises including a "river cruise" on the Columbia, the Mississippi or the Rhine!
I know people who have cruised these various rivers and to a person they all rave about them and how relaxing/interesting they are.
Would I rather do a Mountain Grizzly Hunt than a cruise... yeah but that would be nowhere near as relaxing as a cruise.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

The correct question is do YOU ever research these companies? Most ARE American owned.

Yes I have and no most all are not American owned.

Some claim to have a "head quarters" in this country but they are still foreign owned.

Sent from your American made computer....

Actually, mine was made in America, right in my den, I built it...now if you were speaking about parts, thats a whole nother topic...
We decided to go visit places in America, Fuuck all that crap down there. There is a lot to see here.

Yes I have and no most all are not American owned.

Some claim to have a "head quarters" in this country but they are still foreign owned.

Norwegian is US owned. Carnival is dual US/UK and includes Carnival, Holland America, Costa, P&O, Princess, Cunard and Aida. They are the largest cruise company in the world and mostly US owned. Royal Caribbean/Celebrity are also US owned. You can tell because non-US companies aren't allowed on the S&P500 Index. Many of the ships are registered offshore, but that has nothing to do with the actual ownership. Do you have anything to back up your claim of "foreign ownership"?
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/17/19

You'd have to zap me with a goddddamn cattle prod to get me on one of the fuuckn' things!
Originally Posted by SamOlson

You'd have to zap me with a goddddamn cattle prod to get me on one of the fuuckn' things!

I don't believe that they have "fetish" cruises...but I could be wrong. smile
Well Sam, 25 million people this year would disagree with you. But at least you ARE making room for one more.
laughing

I guess it would entirely depend on the clientele/destination.

A cruise with civilized folk could actually be relaxing.
Well Sam, 25 million people this year would disagree with you. But at least you ARE making room for one more.

Rocky, and a BUNCH of people live stacked up in cities, no thanks!

My biggest fear would be the feeling of being 'trapped' on the boat. But maybe that's all in my head.
Posted By: mrmarklin Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/17/19
Lots of erroneous stuff and prejudices. Carnival is publicly traded and managed by Americans. They have eight or more brands from low end (Carnival) to high end (Cunard) and lots in between including some we don't even get here in the US.

A cruise is what you make of it like most things in life. I personally don't care for the Caribbean and won't go there again. I like cooler places like Northern Europe, Alaska etc. My next cruise is to the Baltic Sea this summer.

My first cruise was an inside cabin, but never again. I need to have a least a Balcony for fresh air. I like longer cruises because no packing or unpacking for 10+ days!

Food is good to great. Depends on the chef and level of passage booked. On my Cunard cruise we had Queen's Grill package, and the food was all gourmet, and you could order stuff that wasn't on the menu and if they had the ingredients they would make it for you.
In the main dining room of most ships it's dependent on the chef one has. I've had good to great food there.
Food is generally available on most ships 24/7. Many passengers don't even go to the main dining room, they live in the buffet where the food can be from medium to better than good.

Ports of call can vary as to usefulness and fun. One needs to pick and choose the excursions to do. Mostly, I just go on my own.
Posted By: mrmarklin Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/17/19

I don't believe that they have "fetish" cruises...but I could be wrong. smile

You're wrong. There are certainly gay cruises and many others can be organized by travel agents. I'm too lazy to research, but I'm sure some of you pervs can find what you're looking for.:-)
Posted By: rem141r Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/17/19
might as well just go and swab out a porta jon seat with your tongue. about the same healthwise.
rem, 25 MILLION cruisers. How many get sick? A few hundred? How many people get sick in a US State of 25 million? I'll take a cruise ship every time.

Have you been on one and seen unsanitary conditions, or are you just wagging your porta-pottie tongue?
Posted By: Judman Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/17/19

Rocky, and a BUNCH of people live stacked up in cities, no thanks!

My biggest fear would be the feeling of being 'trapped' on the boat. But maybe that's all in my head.

🤣🤣
Posted By: jbmi Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/18/19
Taking the entire family (8 adults, 8 kids) on a 5 night cruise on the Disney Dream.
Been on only one cruise before (Aircraft Carrier, thanks to Uncle Sam)
Kids are more excited than the adults, looking forward to a great time, thanks for all the good comments on Disney.
Only wife has been on a Cruise, she went with her mother, had a great time.
Posted By: hanco Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/18/19
Lets all go on a cruise!!
Posted By: gregintenn Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/18/19
One member here accurately described a cruise ship in another thread a while back.

He said you take everyone at WalMart, put em in a Western Sizzler, and float it.

I’ve been on two, and told the wife we’d just divorce before I go on another one if it comes down to it.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/18/19
Seems to me like everybody who goes on a cruise these days comes down with a case of the screamin' schitts.

Them cruise ships must be germy sumbitches.

No thanks.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/18/19
What a bunch of funsuckers........
Originally Posted by gregintenn
One member here accurately described a cruise ship in another thread a while back.

He said you take everyone at WalMart, put em in a Western Sizzler, and float it.

I’ve been on two, and told the wife we’d just divorce before I go on another one if it comes down to it.

I told my wife the same thing after last year. That’s s good way to describe it!
Posted By: dennisinaz Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/18/19

I thought the same thing. My wife booked us a cruise on Royal Caribbean from Seattle to Alaska. I didn't want to ruin it for her so I just went along and kept my mouth shut. I was always finding bear, goats etc from the deck will cruising. I would gather a crowd asking me to point them out. Amazing how most city folk can't see a polar bear standing in a burned corn field without assistance.

I was looking at one lady and my wife nudged me and asked why I was looking at her. I told her that she had better binoculars than I did! (she had ELs and I had SLs). My wife just rolled her eyes and walked away. We had a good time but there were several things I didn't like. She has been on more cruises with her mom and sister and said that Royal Caribbean was not nearly as good as Princess and Norwegian.
We are planning a cruise in Denmark for 2021 (her Mom's idea). I will have to go I guess but most of them at 10-14 days and that is too long to spend on a boat with a bunch of people you don't know.

My wife and I would usually walk 2-3 miles around the deck every night together. It was actually enjoyable and kept up from getting too much of a cooped up feeling.

I would prefer a river boat cruise in Europe over most others but they are 3-10 times the price of a big boat cruise. We paid extra to get balcony rooms and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Some like them, some don’t
I don’t gamble, cruise crap has no enjoyment for me.
Posted By: Mike70560 Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/18/19

Same here. I travel quite a bit for pleasure and love boats and being on the water, just have absolutely zero desire to go on a cruise.

Last year we went to small island with no resorts or hotels in the Bahamas. Rented a beach house and a 20’ boat.
Went on a cruise every day.

Wifey and her friend are leaving a week from today. I guess all the groids don’t bother them.
Posted By: Razz Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/18/19
Originally Posted by shrapnel
P

I would rather fix 10 miles of 5 strand barbed wire fence...

This ^^^^ And in the hot sun too! Or a raging blizzard.

And to clarify, I have been on one. Service etc was good, just not my kind of vacation.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/18/19
Well, 16bore, you asked for both sides and certainly got them.

Those of us who have been on cruises and enjoy them and those who have never been on one but condemn them anyway.

I suggest you believe the ones with actual experience.
Posted By: 16bore Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/18/19
Yeah...not shocked that the racists jumped on board either.
I don’t like the black bastards for their behavior, not the color of their skin. That isn’t racist. Look up the definition. It’s not liking someone for the color of their skin, religions, etc.
Posted By: UPhiker Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/18/19

Those of us who have been on cruises and enjoy them and those who have never been on one but condemn them anyway.

+1
Posted By: UPhiker Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/18/19
I don’t like the black bastards for their behavior, not the color of their skin. That isn’t racist. Look up the definition. It’s not liking someone for the color of their skin, religions, etc.

There are plenty of white trailer trash that act like that but you forgot to mention them...
Posted By: 16bore Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/18/19

There are plenty of white trailer trash that act like that but you forgot to mention them...

Including himself.
Don’t make fun of my trailer, or my Lonestar card, or my big fat Aggie engineer wife ( she has most of her teeth) or my poor old maintenance job. You all are hurting my feelings.

White trailer trash don’t typically act like black people. They have their moments, but not near as many. I don’t like the ones that do either. I get along really well with the black people I work with.
Posted By: Bob_H_in_NH Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/20/19
Someone mentioned gambling. They have casinos, but there are not open most of the time. They can not open while in port, so they are closed most days/nights on a 7 day cruise. Usually the first/last nights they are open as you have "days at sea" book ending the trip on most cruises. They MIGHT be open on other night if you have a long sail between ports. But for the most part they aren't.

I have done skeet shooting on a cruise. Was fun, especially when my wife ran 10 straight and the next 3 guys waiting in line, didn't want to get beat by a girl in a bathing suit
Posted By: Redneck Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/20/19
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Seems to me like everybody who goes on a cruise these days comes down with a case of the screamin' schitts.

Them cruise ships must be germy sumbitches.

No thanks.
Still safer than daycare... Talk about germ factories.. laugh

Good advice, that... smile
Posted By: hanco Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/20/19

Including himself.

Including himself.

Me and the wifey

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Redneck Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/20/19

Like MN.
LMAO....

Whoever tries a cruise needs to investigate just WHERE they wanna go - there are places that are not the best for a cruise destination and others that are excellent.. Research is the key..

It sounds like you didn't do your due diligence.
Yep...

Originally Posted by StoneCutter
I've been on a bunch of cruises. This is my take.

They all have good food. The drink packages aren't worth it unless you're planning on drinking from noon to midnight. I bought it once and analyzed the cost. I broke even and felt like I had to drink more to get my money's worth. Choose "Any Time Dining" so you can eat dinner when you want. Pick an itinerary that takes you to as many islands as possible. I prefer the Eastern Caribbean. Get an outside room with a balcony. Don't get a room on the next to the top floor under the Lido Deck. You'll hear all that noise above you with people walking around and rolling carts. The best time to go is October when the kids are in school and the weather is warm and the rates are low. August isn't bad either. It's cooler down there than it is here. The best port of Ft. Lauderdale, then San Juan. In Ft. Lauderdale, the airport is about 5 minutes from the cruise terminal.

Cruise lines.

Carnival: Bottom of the bucket in my opinion. It's a fun time with a lot of partying. The passengers are a younger group with trailer trash and other lower life forms mixed in. I don't recommend getting in the pools or hot tubs.

Disney: Top of the line, but way too many little kids for my liking.

Royal Caribbean: Pretty good and middle of the road. The last one I took was on one of the Oasis Class Ships. A total feat of engineering. It's a floating city. I think it'll haul about 3000 passengers. Still a fair amount of kids and families, but not too bad.

Princess: My favorite. Very nice with an older group of passengers. Excellent. I highly recommend it.

Norwegian: Also very nice. Very similar to Princess.

Eastern Caribbean Islands.

Puerto Rico: I've only been to San Juan and it's OK.

St. Thomas: It's OK, but if you have enough time, take the ferry to St. John. The beaches are better. They drive on the left side of the road, but they're a US territory. WTF is with that?

Jamaica: It's a third world schithole. Watch your ass and don't trust anybody. If you go ashore, take a shore excursion to a closed resort and stay there.

St. Lucia: Third world schithole but absolutely spectacular. If you're on a cruise ship, you won't have enough time to go up to the Pitan's. The people were really nice.

St. Kitts: Another great island, however, go to the eastern end of the island. It's the best part.

St. Martin/St. Maarten: One of my most favorite places in the world. It's half French and half Dutch. The Dutch side is better. They drive on the right side of the road. The last time I was there, we rented a jeep and drove around the island and went to a couple of different beaches. I love this place.

Barbados: Pretty good, but a little bit off the beaten path.

Martinique: It's OK, but it's mainly French speaking and it can hard to communicate with the people.

Antigua: Really nice little island and people are nice.

Nassau, Bahamas: Pay for a shore excursion to the Atlantis. Pretty spectacular resort. The people are nice but don't go into town after dark.

Dominican Republic: Another third world schithole, but the people were very nice. The beach we went to was beautiful.

Excellent summation - and mirrors our experience also..

Try serving on a submarine.. Wanna get off? Good luck. laugh laugh

Originally Posted by rem141r
might as well just go and swab out a porta jon seat with your tongue. about the same healthwise.
Never been on one, have ya? Didn't think so.. But - to each his own...

Originally Posted by mrmarklin
Lots of erroneous stuff and prejudices. Carnival is publicly traded and managed by Americans. They have eight or more brands from low end (Carnival) to high end (Cunard) and lots in between including some we don't even get here in the US.

A cruise is what you make of it like most things in life. I personally don't care for the Caribbean and won't go there again. I like cooler places like Northern Europe, Alaska etc. My next cruise is to the Baltic Sea this summer.

My first cruise was an inside cabin, but never again. I need to have a least a Balcony for fresh air. I like longer cruises because no packing or unpacking for 10+ days!

Food is good to great. Depends on the chef and level of passage booked. On my Cunard cruise we had Queen's Grill package, and the food was all gourmet, and you could order stuff that wasn't on the menu and if they had the ingredients they would make it for you.
In the main dining room of most ships it's dependent on the chef one has. I've had good to great food there.
Food is generally available on most ships 24/7. Many passengers don't even go to the main dining room, they live in the buffet where the food can be from medium to better than good.

Ports of call can vary as to usefulness and fun. One needs to pick and choose the excursions to do. Mostly, I just go on my own.

Another post with good advice... Kudos..
[Linked Image]
Posted By: patbrennan Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/20/19
We've been on several cruises, mostly the caribbean but also the mexican riviera, panama canal and hawaii.
Food is typically very good, service is usually excellent, entertainment (stage shows) are usually decent, bands at the bars/dance floors sometimes a little weak. We don't use the casinos but enjoy a bit of dancing (not always easy to find somewhere to dance). Drinks are expensive, which tends to discourage too many drunks!
We always get a cabin with a balcony (and not just over or just under the stage/dining/pool areas ) and have gone with Celebrity, Princess and Carnival. We first look at the itinerary and cruise length (longer cruises tend to discourage the drunks/idiots) and like the ones with the fewest sea days best. (too many days at sea gets old, fast)
Shore expeditions can add considerably to the overall cost, but we paid a fair bit of money to get there to see the sights and don't see the sense in cutting corners by that time.
Celebrity and Princess were definitely a step above Carnival. Next cruise will probably be with Holland America, lots of our friends have very good experiences with that line so we'd like to try one.
Weekend at my trailer

[Linked Image]
Posted By: KFWA Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/20/19
was looking into a couple of cruises.

Princess cruise lines has a drink special $69 a day gets you "unlimited" - in cruise terms that means up to 15 in a 24 hour period liquor and specialty drinks

However on Norwegian Cruise lines, if you booked any room, you got a choice of open bar, 3 specialty meals, a $50 credit for each shore excursion or 150 minutes of wifi

if you booked an oceanview room, you got to choose two. My wife and I found a 7 day cruise in the Carribean for that gave us an Oceanview (obstructed view) for $599 per person which got us the unlimited drinks and 3 specialty meals. The cruise left out of New Orleans which was a nice touch for us.

I figured if I'm stuck on a boat I need to keep a good buzz going.

I haven't booked it yet mainly because we already had a pretty good vacation planned that week and can't decide if we want to replace it.

All told , with fees, shore excursions and getting there, we found the NCL price (considering I'd probably drop $250 on alcohol during the week) to be the best. It was going to cost us about $2400 for both of us.

As a bonus, on NCL, their newer boats have a giant LCD screen on the top deck - in the evenings they show first run movies and people hang out on deck chairs, in the hot tub or pool watching the movie while waiters go around delivering snacks and drinks which sounded about my speed.

I won't even consider a carnival cruise. I can hang out at a Wal-Mart all week for free.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/20/19
There ain't enough $$$$$$$$ in TEXAS to make me go on a fuggin cruise! I'd rather have a retarded ape pull my toenails out with a bad pair of pliers!
Posted By: tzone Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/20/19

Where? When? What line?

Royal Caribbean. July, went to the Bahama's.
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
There ain't enough $$$$$$$$ in TEXAS to make me go on a fuggin cruise! I'd rather have a retarded ape pull my toenails out with a bad pair of pliers!

Amen!!!!!!!
Posted By: gregintenn Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/20/19

So you are saying anyone who doesn’t love being jammed into a boat with several thousand other folks and driven to a third world country has obviously never been on a cruise?
Posted By: UPhiker Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/20/19
So you are saying anyone who doesn’t love being jammed into a boat with several thousand other folks and driven to a third world country has obviously never been on a cruise?

Let's see, in 4 cruises I've been to Alaska, Canada, Denmark, Germany, Estonia, Russia, Finland, Sweden, Norway, Australia and New Zealand. Next month I'll add Netherlands, England, Belgium, France, Portugal, Spain, Italy and Monaco. Not a 3rd world country among them. There are other cruises than those to the Caribbean for 3 days of partying, sunburn and puking.
The European cruise I went on was worth the money and long flight. The Sistine Chapel alone made it worthwhile!!!
Posted By: jimy Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/20/19

I have never spent any time in prison or gay bars, but I'm pretty sure I'm right on my lack of desire to waste even an hour of my life around this kind people.

But some guys seem to enjoy the prison life stye, because they return over and over through out their life times, so using your logic , I might be missing out on that fun also.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/20/19
"Cruise ship snob world travelers"
Love the caste system reviews of socio economic levels of who rides on what typhoid mary cruise line of choice.
Lmfao!!!!
Tourist traps via a ship...
Ocean borne crowded KOA campground basically, and the awesome chance to get as sick as a schithouse dog in basically a enclosed environment shared by 1000,s of swinging Richards.
Instead of a Eiffel tower shake up snow globe thingamabob.
You get a Bob Marley or Juan Valdez one instead.
I can think of better things to do with disposable income.
Pity the fools who finance some schit like this also....
Pay outta pocket for diarrhea....
No thanks...
Credit with interest for diarrhea.
No thanks....

Hahahahaha!!!!
Posted By: hanco Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/21/19
[Linked Image]
Posted By: BeanMan Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/21/19
My last cruise was a 35’ sloop from Fiji to Australia. Not much for planned entertainment but it was a hoot.
Posted By: weaselsRus Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/21/19
Did the Holland America Alaska inland passage trip last July, mainly to please the wife. Was a lot more fun than I imagined. Only complaint was it rained every day but one, but it is Alaska. We had a balcony room, was worth the extra bucks, I was out there a lot with the spotter & binos. The food, entertainment, staff and excursions were better than I expected.

Didn't think I'd like Europe either until I went there.

One morning I was on the rear deck glassing. The ship naturalist was there giving a talk of all the stuff we might see when I spotted a big dorsal fin coming out of the water, I told him I had an orca. He looked then told me I was looking at a fishing boat. Told him to look 200 yds left. He did, turned around and said "Hey everyone, I've found an orca!"
Posted By: Redneck Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/21/19
Friends and others always suggest to me that we try an Alaskan cruise.. Never. I get enough cold/wet here; when I go on a cruise it's gonna be SOUTH and SUNNY.. laugh laugh But that's just me..
Posted By: Boarmaster123 Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/21/19
I have friends that love to go on cruises. They are not for me. I doubt I will ever go on one.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/21/19
Originally Posted by Redneck
Friends and others always suggest to me that we try an Alaskan cruise.. Never. I get enough cold/wet here; when I go on a cruise it's gonna be SOUTH and SUNNY.. laugh laugh But that's just me..

I get that, BUT I'm going to Alaska hoping for the wet and cold......escaping 100+ every day. I can't wait. Bet you enjoy yourself as well.
It would be nice when the 100 degree weather starts here!
Posted By: Judman Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/21/19
Originally Posted by Redneck

Yep
[Linked Image]
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/21/19
hanco & judman: Take it from someone who has actually done an "Alaskan Cruise" - you don't know what you are talking about!
I would do another Alaskan Cruise in a heartbeat (and hopefully will someday soon!)!
The scenery and majesty of the Alaskan coastal areas is something to behold and to treasure.
Besides being so stunningly picturesque and relaxing there is lots to see and learn at the various ports of call on the Alaskan Cruises - something that is next to impossible (impractical!) to try and do by car - and ultra expensive to try and do by plane flights.
My wife and I had so much fun and enjoyed our Alaskan Cruise so much we have recommended it to many of our friends and the ones that took us up on them have all relayed how they enjoyed them.
In addition to our Alaska Cruise I have taken the "Alaskan Ferry" from Seattle to Alaska and enjoyed that immensely as well.
My suggestion to you is go on an Alaskan Cruise and I'll bet you enjoy it immensely (unless your just a pfukincontrary to begin with!).
Cruise Alaska - and enjoy life!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
I would like to go on an Alaskan cruise, not going to the Caribbean anymore!!
Posted By: Beoceorl Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/21/19
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
hanco & judman: Take it from someone who has actually done an "Alaskan Cruise" - you don't know what you are talking about!
I would do another Alaskan Cruise in a heartbeat (and hopefully will someday soon!)!
The scenery and majesty of the Alaskan coastal areas is something to behold and to treasure.
Besides being so stunningly picturesque and relaxing there is lots to see and learn at the various ports of call on the Alaskan Cruises - something that is next to impossible (impractical!) to try and do by car - and ultra expensive to try and do by plane flights.
My wife and I had so much fun and enjoyed our Alaskan Cruise so much we have recommended it to many of our friends and the ones that took us up on them have all relayed how they enjoyed them.
In addition to our Alaska Cruise I have taken the "Alaskan Ferry" from Seattle to Alaska and enjoyed that immensely as well.
My suggestion to you is go on an Alaskan Cruise and I'll bet you enjoy it immensely (unless your just a pfukincontrary to begin with!).
Cruise Alaska - and enjoy life!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

My wife and I really enjoyed our Alaskan cruise as well. With the Alaskan cruises the ship is more of a floating hotel that you come back to at night after you spend the day touring -- with the added bonus that when you wake up in the morning your "hotel" is in a new location.
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/21/19
That's what I really enjoyed about the Rhine River cruise we took. Unpack once, pack once two weeks later when you're done. Wake up each morning to a different port/city.

Don't know that I'd ever want to take a large boat cruise of any kind just because I'm very averse to large groups of people. I'm sure the better ones have a high level of service but the medium sized boat I was on (180 passengers aboard) impressed the hell out of me for very personal service and the gourmet food. If'n I was going to take another cruise I'd look seriously at the small boat tours that only have 25-30 people on them.
Posted By: akasparky Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/21/19
Originally Posted by Beoceorl
with the added bonus that when you wake up in the morning your "hotel" is in a new location.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: gregintenn Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/21/19

Let's see, in 4 cruises I've been to Alaska, Canada, Denmark, Germany, Estonia, Russia, Finland, Sweden, Norway, Australia and New Zealand. Next month I'll add Netherlands, England, Belgium, France, Portugal, Spain, Italy and Monaco. Not a 3rd world country among them. There are other cruises than those to the Caribbean for 3 days of partying, sunburn and puking.

Now I might enjoy something like that. We went on one to the Bahamas, and another to Mexico. I was unimpressed.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/21/19
[Linked Image]

Pffft. Some of the seas I've been on make THAT look like the wake from a bass boat...
[Linked Image]
Posted By: KFWA Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/22/19
[Linked Image]

LOL

they'll fill up a Carnival cruise

wife and I booked an Alaskan cruise tonight for next year. Got a little higher end one to avoid the bargain hunters.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/22/19
[Linked Image]
laugh laugh Some truth there - way too many passengers on Carnivals get so wasted that they try to do the perfect 10 'Louganis" off a side rail... It rarely ends well.
Posted By: hanco Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/22/19
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Looks like a fine time to me!!!
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/22/19
Hoe does this one look to ya?

[Linked Image]
Cold... smile
Posted By: hanco Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/22/19
[Linked Image]
Posted By: atvalaska Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/22/19
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Looks like a fine time to me!!!
egad...im out !
See all those chairs along the upper rails? That's where we hang out - not down below with the multitude of bodies... Much quieter, better sun, better breeze, and the bar's only a few steps away...

smile
Posted By: hanco Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/23/19
This is the way it was last summer when wifey talked me into going.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Redneck Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/23/19
laugh laugh laugh No wonder you're a bit, ah, against 'em... Holy Hannah!! Choosing the right one, going at the right time, to the right places, can make for a very pleasing experience...
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/23/19
Going out on a limb here, but I don't think hanco likes to cruise. wink
Posted By: hanco Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 05/24/19
I think you are right, wifey and her best friend are leaving for a week tomorrow, old dude ain’t going!!!
Posted By: Sig220 Re: Vacation Cruise.... - 06/02/19
Just got back off a Alaska cruise. The best yet as the weather was perfect, the seas were calm and the food was good! I am a picky eater but had no problems finding something in the main dining room for lunch and dinner. I rarely venture up to the buffet unless its to sample something off the carving station or grab a drink/coffee. My room was cleaned and the bed made twice a day....find a hotel that does that!! If you haven't seen Alaska, you owe it to yourself to go!

In conclusion, different strokes for different folks. I have a BIL that won't go on a cruise unless he finds one with a tennis court (not table tennis). I like them, I don't like to plan a bunch of crap to do....just do what I feel like. In 2021 I think I am going for a Pacific re positioning cruise.....start in HI and end up in Australia!

You cruise haters....well stay at home and eat boiled eggs till you blow in place! smile
© 24hourcampfire