Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
If no kids, look at windstar cruises in Caribbean.

NRA Patron

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by 16bore
Somewhere hot, preferably. Go or avoid it at all cost?

I've been on about 8 cruises to date.. Mostly eastern and southern Caribbean.. But western is OK, and always cheaper than the other two.. Just stay off Carnival Cruises, unless you're 25, wild and drunk most of the time.. laugh

Holland America, Royal Caribbean, Celebrity et al are nearly all very good to go on...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Norwegian and Princess have "open dining" as opposed to assigned table and dining times. We prefer the open option for the flexibility when booking shore excursions. And to be able to eat when you're hungry, not when they decide you'll eat.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

16bore Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Reckon I’ll put Carnival at the bottom of the list.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Cruises, home of the newlywed, the overfed and the nearly dead.

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Heading to Alaska on Norwegian in July. Been wanting to do this for a long time.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Norwegian and Princess have "open dining" as opposed to assigned table and dining times. We prefer the open option for the flexibility when booking shore excursions. And to be able to eat when you're hungry, not when they decide you'll eat.

+1 We're going on our 5th NCL cruise in 5 weeks. Amsterdam to Rome. We're touring Arnhem (A Bridge Too Far) before the cruise and our LeHavre, France stop includes a D-Day tour--2 weeks after the 75th Anniversary. I expect to have goosebumps...

Last edited by UPhiker; 05/17/19.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Heading to Alaska on Norwegian in July. Been wanting to do this for a long time.

Our kids sent my wife and me on an Alaska cruise a few years back. We thoroughly enjoyed it.

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by NDsnowman
Cruises, home of the newlywed, the overfed and the nearly dead.

I gotta remember this

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by 16bore
Reckon I’ll put Carnival at the bottom of the list.

We had a good time on Carnival. If you don't mind seeing folk try to eat themselves to death on a daily basis, it ain't bad.

The economy is good, so they ain't giving the trips away, which helps.

IC B3

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Carnival cruise last year it of Puerto Rico was about 75% colored. Try that one.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Originally Posted by RockyRaab

+1 We're going on our 5 NCL cruise in 5 weeks. Amsterdam to Rome. We're touring Arnhem (A Bridge Too Far) before the cruise and our LeHavre, France stop includes a D-Day tour--2 weeks after the 75th Anniversary. I expect to have goosebumps...

If you don't have goosebumps, you are either non-American or dead.

When you finally get to Colleville and look across that field of white crosses, it is a very humbling sight.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Now I’ll give you a little to think about. BIL and Wife and some of his family left Galveston going to Mexico. On the way after eating he fell and hit his head. Didn’t seem to be a problem at the time. A couple of hours later it was. They got him to the ships emergency room.
They checked him out , he didn’t know who or where he was.
By now they were to far out for a helicopter to come get him. Finally arrived at Cancun and moved him off the ship to a local hospital.
SIL retired from the medical field and said the hospital was great. Now the circus began. Air ambulance was tied to the hospital and moved him to Florida to a hospital there.
Now they are from Dallas area. And that’s where his doctors are. Only way to get him there is air ambulance.
Finally got him to Dallas. Now the fall caused a brain bleed along with other complications. He passed away shortly after returning to Dallas.
Plan for emergency’s. Take out air ambulance insurance. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I took the one out of LA to Mexico.

Didn't really pay attention to the racial makeup of the cruise. We do go to bed at 7pm though with small kids, and I'm pretty sure we didn't see the vast majority of the ship. Mornings on the ship were fantastic. The gamblers and drinkers didn't even start showing up until dinner.

Last edited by Calvin; 05/17/19.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Been on six cruises in the past 15 years ... all on Carnival. Wife and I have enjoyed them all ... no food poisoning, rowdy behavioral issues, etc. Our destinations were in the Eastern Caribbean, Cozumel, Honduras, Belize. Avoid hurricane season and hot summer months (we prefer Jan/Feb). Son just got back last week from his first cruise (on Carnival) last week and thoroughly enjoyed it. You'll save $$$ with Carnival.

Dave
Sticks and stones may break my bones ... but hollow-points expand on impact.
16bore Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
Now I’ll give you a little to think about. BIL and Wife and some of his family left Galveston going to Mexico. On the way after eating he fell and hit his head. Didn’t seem to be a problem at the time. A couple of hours later it was. They got him to the ships emergency room.
They checked him out , he didn’t know who or where he was.
By now they were to far out for a helicopter to come get him. Finally arrived at Cancun and moved him off the ship to a local hospital.
SIL retired from the medical field and said the hospital was great. Now the circus began. Air ambulance was tied to the hospital and moved him to Florida to a hospital there.
Now they are from Dallas area. And that’s where his doctors are. Only way to get him there is air ambulance.
Finally got him to Dallas. Now the fall caused a brain bleed along with other complications. He passed away shortly after returning to Dallas.
Plan for emergency’s. Take out air ambulance insurance. Hasbeen

Good grief man, that’s horrible.

16bore Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thinking we’ll leave out of Charleston, SC....if that matters.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
I wasn't a cruise fan (never been and never wanted to go) until my wife talked me into taking an Alaskan one. Now, I'm hooked. It's like having a moving hotel room. The logistics versus planning a multi-city vacation is just so much easier. That being said, I would never go on a Caribbean/Mexican cruise. I like cooler weather and interesting cultural and scenic places.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Buy trip insurance, someone might get sick, have to cancel your trip!

16bore Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hanco
Buy trip insurance, someone might get sick, have to cancel your trip!

Even for white people? 😆

But yeah, that’s a good idea. I don’t wanna drive, cook, plan, or anything else except see how many Bahama Momma’s I can drink.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

510 members (257_X_50, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 25classic, 1beaver_shooter, 270cowboy, 67 invisible), 2,307 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,405
Posts18,506,968
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.