Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by akasparky
So many people seem to be so quick to pay Foreign-Owned companies stacks of American earned dollars to haul their azzes outta the country to spend more American earned dollars in other countries, what the hell?

Plenty to see here is the USA, plenty of warm beach's and good food, what's wrong with spending vacation dollars in our own country?

The USA thanks you for all your support you bunch of hypocrites.............

Do you guys ever research these companies you spend your money with?

The correct question is do YOU ever research these companies? Most ARE American owned.

16bore Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
So many people seem to be so quick to pay Foreign-Owned companies stacks of American earned dollars to haul their azzes outta the country to spend more American earned dollars in other countries, what the hell?

Plenty to see here is the USA, plenty of warm beach's and good food, what's wrong with spending vacation dollars in our own country?

The USA thanks you for all your support you bunch of hypocrites.............

Do you guys ever research these companies you spend your money with?

Carnival Corporation has reportedly been paying wages under $1.50 per hour to employees with low-to-nonexistent benefits, such as holidays or minimal vacations. Monthly salaries of the high-paid workers are around $1,300. Employees report strenuous working conditions such as 14-hour shifts with no days off. Retirement benefits were revoked in October 2013.

April 2019, Carnival Corporation was accused of violating probation rules. The allegations include 800 incidents from April 2017 to April 2018. A federal judge has threatened to impose severe fines which may increase tenfold . The judge also stated that Carnival ships may be temporarily banned from docking in US ports. The final verdict will be announced in July 2019 at the hearing

Sent from your American made computer....

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Our next "cruise" will be a river cruise in overseas. Smaller boats, less crowded interesting cities to visit.

The "balcony or not" debate is a good one. Decide how much you will spend in the room. Balcony will cost more, how much depends on timing, demand etc. On a typical 7 day cruise you will be 'at sea' two full days, first and last. The rest of the days TYPICALLY you are in a port while you're awake, and the ship re-positions to the next port over night. The at sea days having a balcony would be really nice, quiet spot to read, have lunch, chat with spouse etc. the room itself will also be a bit bigger. You have to balance the extra cost for how much you will use it.

"inside rooms" are the cheapest. No windows and small. think closet with a bed in it. It's actually challenging at times for 2 people to get ready for dinner at once! But it's also DARK when you turn off the lights. No sunshine etc., can be good - for sleeping in the morning, and bad - no clue what time it is when you wake up. Balcony also gives you somewhere to go if you wake up before your spouse!

For food, I'd consider it good to very good, but not great. It's mass produced, so if you are into gourmet quality food, it's ok/good. If you are used to Applebee's, well it's very good to great! Buffets also happen all night and you can almost always find pizza and burgers, ice creme etc 24 hours a day

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Been on carnival a couple times to the Caribbean, I recommend it

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jimy
You people must live in terrible places in [bleep] towns to want to get get on a floating outhouse , and eat food prepared by people that wipe their azzes with he same hands that they prepare your food with, and doing this with the intent of arriving at a third world country to be met by bandits, whom's life goals are to rape your lady folks, and rob you in order to maintain their drug habits, yep sounds like a great time to me !

!

Can get all that in Atlanta. laugh

IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Shrapnel: "I" have strung (and took down!) barbed wire fences in Oregon, Montana and Wyoming!
You are completely wrong about this one!
Cruising is as relaxing as any type of vacation as I have ever done (and I have been doing them for going on 70 years now!)!
IF... you have had a bad experience "cruising" then I suggest you investigate another cruise line/area and give it another try.
I hope I live long enough to go on several more cruises including a "river cruise" on the Columbia, the Mississippi or the Rhine!
I know people who have cruised these various rivers and to a person they all rave about them and how relaxing/interesting they are.
Would I rather do a Mountain Grizzly Hunt than a cruise... yeah but that would be nowhere near as relaxing as a cruise.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by UPhiker

The correct question is do YOU ever research these companies? Most ARE American owned.

Yes I have and no most all are not American owned.

Some claim to have a "head quarters" in this country but they are still foreign owned.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 16bore

Sent from your American made computer....

Actually, mine was made in America, right in my den, I built it...now if you were speaking about parts, thats a whole nother topic...

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
We decided to go visit places in America, Fuuck all that crap down there. There is a lot to see here.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U

Yes I have and no most all are not American owned.

Some claim to have a "head quarters" in this country but they are still foreign owned.

Norwegian is US owned. Carnival is dual US/UK and includes Carnival, Holland America, Costa, P&O, Princess, Cunard and Aida. They are the largest cruise company in the world and mostly US owned. Royal Caribbean/Celebrity are also US owned. You can tell because non-US companies aren't allowed on the S&P500 Index. Many of the ships are registered offshore, but that has nothing to do with the actual ownership. Do you have anything to back up your claim of "foreign ownership"?

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by tzone
I went on one. I couldn't get off the ship fast enough.

You'd have to zap me with a goddddamn cattle prod to get me on one of the fuuckn' things!

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by SamOlson

You'd have to zap me with a goddddamn cattle prod to get me on one of the fuuckn' things!

I don't believe that they have "fetish" cruises...but I could be wrong. smile

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Well Sam, 25 million people this year would disagree with you. But at least you ARE making room for one more.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
laughing

I guess it would entirely depend on the clientele/destination.

A cruise with civilized folk could actually be relaxing.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Well Sam, 25 million people this year would disagree with you. But at least you ARE making room for one more.

Rocky, and a BUNCH of people live stacked up in cities, no thanks!

My biggest fear would be the feeling of being 'trapped' on the boat. But maybe that's all in my head.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Lots of erroneous stuff and prejudices. Carnival is publicly traded and managed by Americans. They have eight or more brands from low end (Carnival) to high end (Cunard) and lots in between including some we don't even get here in the US.

A cruise is what you make of it like most things in life. I personally don't care for the Caribbean and won't go there again. I like cooler places like Northern Europe, Alaska etc. My next cruise is to the Baltic Sea this summer.

My first cruise was an inside cabin, but never again. I need to have a least a Balcony for fresh air. I like longer cruises because no packing or unpacking for 10+ days!

Food is good to great. Depends on the chef and level of passage booked. On my Cunard cruise we had Queen's Grill package, and the food was all gourmet, and you could order stuff that wasn't on the menu and if they had the ingredients they would make it for you.
In the main dining room of most ships it's dependent on the chef one has. I've had good to great food there.
Food is generally available on most ships 24/7. Many passengers don't even go to the main dining room, they live in the buffet where the food can be from medium to better than good.

Ports of call can vary as to usefulness and fun. One needs to pick and choose the excursions to do. Mostly, I just go on my own.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I don't believe that they have "fetish" cruises...but I could be wrong. smile

You're wrong. There are certainly gay cruises and many others can be organized by travel agents. I'm too lazy to research, but I'm sure some of you pervs can find what you're looking for.:-)

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
might as well just go and swab out a porta jon seat with your tongue. about the same healthwise.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
rem, 25 MILLION cruisers. How many get sick? A few hundred? How many people get sick in a US State of 25 million? I'll take a cruise ship every time.

Have you been on one and seen unsanitary conditions, or are you just wagging your porta-pottie tongue?

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by RockyRaab

Rocky, and a BUNCH of people live stacked up in cities, no thanks!

My biggest fear would be the feeling of being 'trapped' on the boat. But maybe that's all in my head.

🤣🤣

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

523 members (1Longbow, 219 Wasp, 160user, 257_X_50, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 66 invisible), 2,372 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,409
Posts18,507,012
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.