Home
Posted By: usull Your Best Tip of the Year - 08/14/19
Whenever I've Posted a Question , I always got a lot of good Tips and Information . I was thinking it would be valuable if Fire Members would Post their best Tip of the year . This might be an Item or Service Purchased or anything whatever where you said : Wow this is a lot better than I expected . I will start out with Car Tires . Here are some caveats : I live where it Rains almost every other day about half a year and Snows a few inches almost every other day in Winter with a few feet of Snow maybe 5or 6 times in Winter . I drive a FWD V-6 Car with plenty of Power and these usually come with High Performance V Rated Tires . I have used Michelin Pilots , Bridestone Potenzas , Nexen ( sp?) , Dunlop SP , etc . I really did'nt like any of these in heavy Rain even at 65 MPH . Continental Pure Contacts were fairly good though . Last Fall I read a ton of Reviews and decided to try Goodyear Assurance Weatheready . These are the best Rain Tires I have ever tried . That is especially surprising as the Tread Contact with the Road is about 8.5 inches . I would also Rate them Tops for Dry Roads , Road Handling and Braking . I have seen nothing even close from any other Brand . YMMV . A plus is that they have the " Snowflake " Symbol which I think means they are rated as a Snow Tire , not just an All Weather Tire . They are Asymmetrical and Uni-Directional and the Dealer said they would go thru deep Snow foreword great , but not nearly as good backward . I did not notice any problem in moving in deep Snow on my level driveway ( although due to Medical Problems ) I don't drive in really deep Snow . As a Minus . these Tires are a bit noisy and a bit hard ( but they are an Aspect Ratio of 45 ) so that is not surprising . Dealer said all Tires are Petroleum Based except for these , which are SoyBean Based . I don't think you could eat these in a pinch , but I do wonder about Rodents . I have put about 5000 Miles on them and wear looks good so far . They are amazing Tires !
Not for '19, but I think 'don't vote for Hillary' would qualify.
That nigerian prince that set you the email about the millions he's trying to get into the US .................

get this ......

... isn't really a prince from nigeria
In a question about learning long range shooting where I was looking at a 6.5 CM or fast twist .22-250 it was recommended I use a fast twist .223 mostly because of the volume of shooting that allowed without breaking the bank. Good advice since I can spot my shots better through the scope, plus it gave me the excuse to buy a new rifle and scope. wink
Posted By: usull Re: Your Best Tip of the Year - 08/14/19
OK Guys , that's two I have filed away for future use !
Posted By: slumlord Re: Your Best Tip of the Year - 08/14/19
If youre going to fish, fish...don't talk

That's my tip
Posted By: kid0917 Re: Your Best Tip of the Year - 08/14/19
My tip to anyone would be to not drive 65 mph in a heavy rain
smile
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Your Best Tip of the Year - 08/14/19
Use protection, get married.
Dont drive through running water unless you're a dimocrap.
Posted By: joken2 Re: Your Best Tip of the Year - 08/14/19

Originally Posted by usull
Whenever I've Posted a Question , I always got a lot of good Tips and Information . I was thinking it would be valuable if Fire Members would Post their best Tip of the year . This might be an Item or Service Purchased or anything whatever where you said : Wow this is a lot better than I expected . I will start out with Car Tires . Here are some caveats : I live where it Rains almost every other day about half a year and Snows a few inches almost every other day in Winter with a few feet of Snow maybe 5or 6 times in Winter . I drive a FWD V-6 Car with plenty of Power and these usually come with High Performance V Rated Tires . I have used Michelin Pilots , Bridestone Potenzas , Nexen ( sp?) , Dunlop SP , etc . I really did'nt like any of these in heavy Rain even at 65 MPH . Continental Pure Contacts were fairly good though . Last Fall I read a ton of Reviews and decided to try Goodyear Assurance Weatheready . These are the best Rain Tires I have ever tried . That is especially surprising as the Tread Contact with the Road is about 8.5 inches . I would also Rate them Tops for Dry Roads , Road Handling and Braking . I have seen nothing even close from any other Brand . YMMV . A plus is that they have the " Snowflake " Symbol which I think means they are rated as a Snow Tire , not just an All Weather Tire . They are Asymmetrical and Uni-Directional and the Dealer said they would go thru deep Snow foreword great , but not nearly as good backward . I did not notice any problem in moving in deep Snow on my level driveway ( although due to Medical Problems ) I don't drive in really deep Snow . As a Minus . these Tires are a bit noisy and a bit hard ( but they are an Aspect Ratio of 45 ) so that is not surprising . Dealer said all Tires are Petroleum Based except for these , which are SoyBean Based . I don't think you could eat these in a pinch , but I do wonder about Rodents . I have put about 5000 Miles on them and wear looks good so far . They are amazing Tires !

Per the personal best handling pavement gripping all weather street tire, mine was a set of Perilliis but there was a trade off in that they wore out in less than 35K miles.
Someone suggested to me that when updating my hunting individual first aid kit (IFAK) each year, I should submit the receipts through my medical flex spending account. I thought that was a great tip.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Your Best Tip of the Year - 08/14/19
Originally Posted by jaguartx

You mean like a main break?
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Your Best Tip of the Year - 08/14/19
I got two.....

1. Dont fry bacon naked....

2. If your in a tree stand, wear a safety harness. Bad things happen when you fall out of a tree stand.
Originally Posted by slumlord

You mean like a main break?

You can drive through running water too.
Posted By: aalf Re: Your Best Tip of the Year - 08/14/19
Make sure everything is tucked in before zipping up......
Posted By: TWR Re: Your Best Tip of the Year - 08/14/19
A buddy of mine told his grandson this at his wedding;

Son, you can be happy or you can be right but you can't be both...
Originally Posted by aalf
Make sure everything is tucked in before zipping up......

Beans above the weenie! Bad juju.
Posted By: cisco1 Re: Your Best Tip of the Year - 08/14/19

Buy Vanguard Dividend Growth Fund....recently re-opened.
Posted By: TimZ Re: Your Best Tip of the Year - 08/14/19
If you are invested in the stock market, sell yesterday.
Thank me later.....
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Your Best Tip of the Year - 08/14/19

buy 22 LR ammo.............

and primers
Dont eat the yellow snow
Out back where the Huskies go
If your an Eskimo

Frank Zappa.....
Use the "Enter" key or equivalent to show conceptual breaks in your internet writing.
Best tip was from Ken Howell.

Make paragraph breaks when typing. It increases readability of a post.
Posted By: RandyR Re: Your Best Tip of the Year - 08/14/19

Don't fart in rain pants!
Don’t NEVER trust a fart. 😬
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Your Best Tip of the Year - 08/14/19
Use protection, get married.

Better yet......If you use protection you won't have to get married......
Don't buy anything from Safariman.........
Don't tug on supermans cape.
Buy experiences rather than more stuff.
Another hunt will likely bring better memories than another rifle. Use the stuff you already own. I am more impressed when shown a rifle with honest wear in the bluing, and dings in the wood, than I am a bunch of shiny new McRifles.
Bourbon and good hunting tales make for a memorable evening.
Don't spit into the wind.
Stop trying to impress people. Not advice given to me. You’re welcome.
Don't pull the mask off that old lone ranger.
Don’t mess around with Jim
Posted By: usull Re: Your Best Tip of the Year - 08/14/19
Keep 'em coming . You guys are keeping me in stitches .............and my Surgery ain't until next week !!!
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
That nigerian prince that set you the email about the millions he's trying to get into the US .................

get this ......

... isn't really a prince from nigeria

CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I had read this yesterday. frown

Jim
Fish when the fish are in, hunt when they're not.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: xxclaro Re: Your Best Tip of the Year - 08/15/19
Originally Posted by TWR

Your buddy is an idiot! Don't marry a woman you can't be right and happy with, that would be better advice.
Originally Posted by xxclaro
Originally Posted by TWR

Your buddy is an idiot! Don't marry a woman you can't be right and happy with, that would be better advice.

Not everybody wants to marry a man.
Make fuggin sure you take your meds!
Posted By: KFWA Re: Your Best Tip of the Year - 08/15/19
Originally Posted by joken2

Per the personal best handling pavement gripping all weather street tire, mine was a set of Perilliis but there was a trade off in that they wore out in less than 35K miles.

I bought a car last year that had Pirelli Scorpions on it with about 22K miles on them, had to buy a set this year for it after putting 10K on them. Bought my wife a car this year with Scorpions on it too, and I can already tell I will be buying a new set next summer. My experience is Pirelli's are great if you want to take corners in a sports car, they suck on a crossover SUV
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Your Best Tip of the Year - 08/15/19
Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by joken2

I bought a car last year that had Pirelli Scorpions on it with about 22K miles on them, had to buy a set this year for it after putting 10K on them. Bought my wife a car this year with Scorpions on it too, and I can already tell I will be buying a new set next summer. My experience is Pirelli's are great if you want to take corners in a sports car, they suck on a crossover SUV

I've bought 8 General Altimax RT 43 tires in the past 6 weeks. They're priced below other tires of equal quality,...sometimes by a wide margin. It's hard to find a bad review of them.

They come in sizes to fit almost anything.

https://shedheads.net/general-altimax-rt43-review/
Posted By: jimone Re: Your Best Tip of the Year - 08/15/19
Lock and load.
Posted By: jimone Re: Your Best Tip of the Year - 08/15/19
Always sniff a gift fish.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Don’t NEVER trust a fart. 😬

Especially at my age!
Posted By: Tracks Re: Your Best Tip of the Year - 08/15/19
For large tips, you can't do better than getting a job circumcising Elephants
© 24hourcampfire