Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by joken2

Originally Posted by usull
Whenever I've Posted a Question , I always got a lot of good Tips and Information . I was thinking it would be valuable if Fire Members would Post their best Tip of the year . This might be an Item or Service Purchased or anything whatever where you said : Wow this is a lot better than I expected . I will start out with Car Tires . Here are some caveats : I live where it Rains almost every other day about half a year and Snows a few inches almost every other day in Winter with a few feet of Snow maybe 5or 6 times in Winter . I drive a FWD V-6 Car with plenty of Power and these usually come with High Performance V Rated Tires . I have used Michelin Pilots , Bridestone Potenzas , Nexen ( sp?) , Dunlop SP , etc . I really did'nt like any of these in heavy Rain even at 65 MPH . Continental Pure Contacts were fairly good though . Last Fall I read a ton of Reviews and decided to try Goodyear Assurance Weatheready . These are the best Rain Tires I have ever tried . That is especially surprising as the Tread Contact with the Road is about 8.5 inches . I would also Rate them Tops for Dry Roads , Road Handling and Braking . I have seen nothing even close from any other Brand . YMMV . A plus is that they have the " Snowflake " Symbol which I think means they are rated as a Snow Tire , not just an All Weather Tire . They are Asymmetrical and Uni-Directional and the Dealer said they would go thru deep Snow foreword great , but not nearly as good backward . I did not notice any problem in moving in deep Snow on my level driveway ( although due to Medical Problems ) I don't drive in really deep Snow . As a Minus . these Tires are a bit noisy and a bit hard ( but they are an Aspect Ratio of 45 ) so that is not surprising . Dealer said all Tires are Petroleum Based except for these , which are SoyBean Based . I don't think you could eat these in a pinch , but I do wonder about Rodents . I have put about 5000 Miles on them and wear looks good so far . They are amazing Tires !

Per the personal best handling pavement gripping all weather street tire, mine was a set of Perilliis but there was a trade off in that they wore out in less than 35K miles.

I bought a car last year that had Pirelli Scorpions on it with about 22K miles on them, had to buy a set this year for it after putting 10K on them. Bought my wife a car this year with Scorpions on it too, and I can already tell I will be buying a new set next summer. My experience is Pirelli's are great if you want to take corners in a sports car, they suck on a crossover SUV

I've bought 8 General Altimax RT 43 tires in the past 6 weeks. They're priced below other tires of equal quality,...sometimes by a wide margin. It's hard to find a bad review of them.

They come in sizes to fit almost anything.

https://shedheads.net/general-altimax-rt43-review/

GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Lock and load.

There is no retreat but in submission and slavery!
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Always sniff a gift fish.

There is no retreat but in submission and slavery!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Don’t NEVER trust a fart. 😬

Especially at my age!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
For large tips, you can't do better than getting a job circumcising Elephants

IC B2

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

620 members (06hunter59, 1badf350, 12344mag, 16gage, 1moredeer, 10gaugemag, 59 invisible), 3,141 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,964
Posts18,519,505
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.