Home
Posted By: jnyork A cat problem - 08/26/19
My wife has several bird feeders in both front and back yards, she gets a great deal of enjoyment from feeding and watching them. I kinda like seeing them too. Problem is, the neighbors somewhere behind us have a big yeIlow cat, complete with collar and tags, that keeps coming over to our place and killing any bird that happens to land on the ground. I am about sick and tired of this and wondering how I can solve the problem.

No, I am not going to shoot the cat. I dont have a 6.5 Creedmore, so that's out.

No, I am not going to poison or trap the cat either, it's someones pet and is just doing what cats do.

So, what I am looking for is some kind of cat repellant , something that wont stink US out of the house but will discourage the cat.

Any ideas?
Posted By: dale06 Re: A cat problem - 08/26/19
No trap, poison, or shooting.
Good luck with that.
I understand that cats kill birds, but the owners apparently let it run wild and kill birds where ever it travels.
I’d tell the owner of the cat about the issue.
If they have any sense and common courtesy, they’ll keep the cat in the house.
If they don’t, you have a decision to make.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: A cat problem - 08/26/19
Super soaker. Had one kept coming up on the porch. Threw a couple big cups of water on it. Quit coming around.
Posted By: slumlord Re: A cat problem - 08/26/19
Motion sensor activated sprinkler (not necessarily at the feeder)
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: A cat problem - 08/26/19
Soft air gun set to full auto. 👍

Pepper blaster “trap”.

Pellet or BB gun with 1 or 2 pumps.
Posted By: gemby58 Re: A cat problem - 08/26/19
live trap them take it up the mountain to meet the coyotes, coyotes love pussie, I thinned the herd in my neighborhood that way, got one I cant catch. his days are limited
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: A cat problem - 08/26/19
Good luck.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: A cat problem - 08/26/19
Have a hart trap him.
Keep him in it
Spray paint him some florescent color,advoid his head.
Be imaginative about the color and patterns you put on him
And then dump some red fox urine or skunk cover scent on him.
Set him free to haul ass home

It will scare the schitt outta kitty about your place.
Probably never come back.

Let the owners wonder and deal with reeking picasso cat.

Yep that's the only solution........
Cats needs to be traumatized mentally and humiliated to learn a hard lesson
Owners need ta learn this is what happens when ya let your cat out.

You ain't killing him.
But you are doing a jedi mind fugg on the cat and the owners.

Or just duck tape the fugg outta his paws and lower legs

Put some on his tail also...
That mofo will make moves that you never thought a cat could do hauling azz home.

All types of schitt you can fugg that cats mind up with.

Something shocking when they see kitty is back and wants in.

Fugg the owners minds up .

Take pics of what ya do to him before you let him go.

We need some good laughs.
While in that trap, shove that Gumout red straw up his bung hole and him a blast of throttle body cleaner. laugh

Posted By: wyowinchester Re: A cat problem - 08/26/19
If your not going to kill it...
Live trap it and give to the animal control officer. Maybe after a few fines they'll keep the varmint in it's own yard.
Or just have a hart trap the prick.
And set off a 500 strand of black cat firecrackers right next to him that cat will be fugged in the head forever after that.
Fugging rain man jeopardy comes on at 11 type of schitt....
Posted By: Spotshooter Re: A cat problem - 08/26/19

Simple - Get an Airsoft plastic pellet gun.

Every time you see that sucker give him a stinger in the butt...

If you’ve have told the neighbor and they don’t believe you take some pictures - cat’s are supposed to wander off a lease either.

Better yet - get a paint ball gun - let the neighbor ‘wash their cat” BWHAHAHAHAHA
Posted By: BeanMan Re: A cat problem - 08/26/19
Live trap it, then turn a sprinkler on next to it for a few minutes, it may decide not to return.
Posted By: stevelyn Re: A cat problem - 08/26/19
So you come here asking for a solution to a problem, and take all the useful solutions off the table.

My advice is to take down your bird feeders and stop creating an attractive nuisance that bring cats to your property.
Posted By: shrapnel Re: A cat problem - 08/26/19

A simple cure is a trap. When cats become a problem, nothing beats a trap. You can release the cat back into the wild after a few hours in the trap...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Trap him
Take him to groomers
Have them shave that mofo bald.
Worth the 40 or 50 bucks just for the laugh.

Pics or it never happened.
Posted By: Beaglemaster Re: A cat problem - 08/26/19
Beagles
Posted By: jaguartx Re: A cat problem - 08/26/19
Originally Posted by renegade50
Or just have a hart trap the prick.
And set off a 500 strand of black cat firecrackers right next to him that cat will be fugged in the head forever after that.
Fugging rain man jeopardy comes on at 11 type of schitt....

Tie it to its tail, turpentine its ass and send us the video. Become a Fire hero.

You could declaw it first.
Posted By: stevelyn Re: A cat problem - 08/26/19

Trap him
Take him to groomers

Oooo.............Fluorescent spray paint on his fur.
In fact you should declaw it first, with duct tape around its snout and behind its head.
Tie him up like a POW
Take pics of him in some really fugged scenarios.
Send a magazine cut out letter ransom note.

If he has a set of nads
Get a pic of a set of pliers right next to his junk .
Put that in the ransom note also.
Fugg the sprinkler schit

Silence of the lambs

It gets the hose schitt!!

Trap him
Take him to groomers

Shave him like scar on lion king
Take some pics and post wanted posters around the neighborhood. Wanted Dead or Alive
Originally Posted by slumlord
Take some pics and post wanted posters around the neighborhood. Wanted Dead or Alive

Hahaha. And post the owners addy.
give him a hit of acid and subject him to 24 hours of Nine Inch Nails
Posted By: Alaskajim Re: A cat problem - 08/26/19
If you’re not going to trap them, then you will probably have to get used to them killing the birds since other methods to keep them away is costly and time consuming. I’ve had the same problem. I trapped them for awhile, released them in a nice looking neighborhood. After awhile, they got so numerous I began shooting them at night with a 22 short. I don’t know where they were all coming from, but it was very annoying. Just for kicks, I live trapped one, sprayed it with orange paint and let it return home. Never saw it again. Feral cats are bad news, it’s not illegal to kill them, so that’s what I do now.
Posted By: Heym06 Re: A cat problem - 08/26/19
Ever think about getting a dog, that chases cats?
Posted By: Heym06 Re: A cat problem - 08/26/19
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: A cat problem - 08/26/19
I like the super soaker, or the air soft. You bust his ass a few times with the air soft and he will get the message.
How bout getting a fish tank before you break a hip or something going out there?
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: A cat problem - 08/26/19
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I like the super soaker, or the air soft. You bust his ass a few times with the air soft and he will get the message.

^^^this^^^
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: A cat problem - 08/26/19
CATapult it home airmail.

CAT-a-pult - BWAHAHAHA

Time to get a REALLY mean dog that likes eating Cats.
Posted By: joken2 Re: A cat problem - 08/26/19

In your situation I would go with having a talk with the cat's owner and allow them the option to put a stop to it first before I took other measures which would most likely be live trap and turn in to county animal control with details of why, where, and owners lack of control.

We have three known neighbor's cats and an occasional unknown stray cat that sometimes hang out around in our backyard watching our bird feeders but they rarely ever are able to catch any and what few they do are practically always baby birds that fell out of nests.

One thing we did that looks like it has helped a good bit was collect a pile of smaller fallen limbs, shrub clippings, etc., near the feeders that the smaller birds go hide inside of when cats, hawks, or whatever threats are present.

The hawks that show up from time to time scoping out our feeders for a quick meal seem to much prefer blackbirds anyway and I couldn't care less about what happens those stinking sunflower seed hogs.

I’m sorry - Shave da kitty

Dang that would be funny
Posted By: Capt_Craig Re: A cat problem - 08/26/19
Renegade AND Slumlord owe me a new keyboard. Hilarious!
Posted By: sollybug Re: A cat problem - 08/26/19
Cats are too fast to squirt. You need to trap. Animal control released them to owner and back at feeders next morning. Trap and shotgun works or let your neighbors cats use your property for their [bleep] and hunting grounds......you either protect your property or hide in your house and let someone else abuse you.
Posted By: dSmith_45 Re: A cat problem - 08/26/19
Originally Posted by jnyork

So, what I am looking for is some kind of cat repellant , something that wont stink US out of the house but will discourage the cat.

Any ideas?

Citrus, Rosemary, Rue, and Cinnamon are non toxic to cats. Very few cats like those smells.

Start out with squeezing a lime, lemon, etc around the birdfeeder while you shop for a few rosemary planets to put around the feeder long term

https://www.easyologypets.com/blogs/news/smells-cats-hate
Posted By: Snyper Re: A cat problem - 08/26/19
Get a cheap fence charger and enclose a small area directly under the feeders.
After a couple of good shocks the cat will probably stop coming around.
Posted By: Ghostinthemachine Re: A cat problem - 08/26/19
Phasers set on stun.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: A cat problem - 08/26/19
Suppressed 22.
Originally Posted by Heym06

When I was a kid, my best friend and I raised poultry as our 4-H projects. A cat got into some of his, and killed some, and he acquired a hatred for cats. So, he trained his dogs to hunt cats, just like you'd train a hound to hunt coons. There's no telling how many cats he and those dogs "removed" from the country. I'm sure they got someone's pet every now and then, but it was mostly cats that had gone wild.

It was quite a sport back in the day. It's easy to get a dog to chase a cat, as it just comes naturally to them.
Posted By: Campsterpoor Re: A cat problem - 08/26/19
Just talk to your neighbor and it it happens again, tell them you will shot the cat. i am sure they will not want to loose a member of their family.
Posted By: SandBilly Re: A cat problem - 08/26/19
Live trap it, take it to the vet and get it declawed...
Posted By: cisco1 Re: A cat problem - 08/26/19

Trap it...take it to a Korean restaurant in the city.
Originally Posted by cisco1

Lmao
Posted By: jwp475 Re: A cat problem - 08/26/19
My wife has several bird feeders in both front and back yards, she gets a great deal of enjoyment from feeding and watching them. I kinda like seeing them too. Problem is, the neighbors somewhere behind us have a big yeIlow cat, complete with collar and tags, that keeps coming over to our place and killing any bird that happens to land on the ground. I am about sick and tired of this and wondering how I can solve the problem.

No, I am not going to shoot the cat. I dont have a 6.5 Creedmore, so that's out.

No, I am not going to poison or trap the cat either, it's someones pet and is just doing what cats do.

Any ideas?

A BB gun will.sting and discourage the cat

Way back around 1968 or 69, a Black guy who had a BBQ joint was arrested and convicted of killing dogs and cats, cooking them in order to make his meat go further. I didn't eat there, but I knew some people who did, and they were all pizzed.......just as I would have been as well.

Though it's against the law, people used to sell game they'd shot to the local Blacks. I've done it myself, selling them rabbits when I was kid, kept me in shotgun shells. Anyway, some enterprising soul killed and skinned some kittens and passed them off as squirrels. The Blacks found out, and thereafter would only buy skinned animals that still had the paws attached. I'm guessing fried puzzy didn't appeal to them.
Posted By: gophergunner Re: A cat problem - 08/26/19
air soft, or better yet, a paintball gun. Send that pussy home with a booger green ass and his owners might get the hint you don't appreciate him running the neighborhood. Works great on deer and squirrels too.
Originally Posted by gophergunner
air soft, or better yet, a paintball gun. Send that pussy home with a booger green ass and his owners might get the hint you don't appreciate him running the neighborhood. Works great on deer and squirrels too.

Like this idea.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: A cat problem - 08/26/19
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz-sC-vSIXk

Pffffft

small potatoes dude!!

They already get them by the dumpster full from animal control on Tuesdays.

I've posted a couple threads on here about me feeling like total chit after I leave the chinee buffet.

I've pegged it to pento-barbitol overload in the General Tso's chiggin.

Pffffft

small potatoes dude!!

They already get them by the dumpster full from animal control on Tuesdays.

I've posted a couple threads on here about me feeling like total chit after I leave the chinee buffet.

I've pegged it to pento-barbitol overload in the General Tso's chiggin.

Story made the rounds in Hopkinsville, that a person was searching for their lost dog, and found it's collar in the dumpster behind the Chinese buffet. Seems they had a dish called Kung Foo Poodle.
Posted By: 700LH Re: A cat problem - 08/26/19
Good grief SSS
Posted By: StoneCutter Re: A cat problem - 08/26/19
I like the paintball option. You can shoot it and not kill it, but it'll leave a mark in more ways than one.
Posted By: Windfall Re: A cat problem - 08/26/19
If it were me, I would do a several phase approach. Cats leave lots of feathers, wings, etc. from a bird and possibly the cat neighbor doesn't realize that their cat is killing birds instead of mice and the like. I would gather up some bird pieces as evidence and maybe have a picture of their offending animal and have a civil conversation with the neighbor. Unless you are some kind of hermit, you really don't want an adversarial relationship with your neighbors. You are lucky that you have only one cat to contend with and you know where it comes from. After that if nothing changes, the animal control officer is your next ally. I had a barking dog next to a rental that was costing me tenants and a couple $125.00 fines from the city was all it took to get the dog gone. After that I'd get my pump up Sheridan with two pumps sighted in for cat yardage. Cat hide is tough and a domed pellet to the butt would likely be all it would take. Those darn cats do run away all the time and it could lose its collar and take a road trip to a happier hunting ground, what ever that means to you.
A good paintball gun will kill a cat, dead like Roy.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: A cat problem - 08/26/19

as mentioned......live trap & give to animal control.......

that don't work.......plan B.........

17 M2 works perfect......
Posted By: RickyD Re: A cat problem - 08/26/19

Any ideas?

Can you make your feeder taller so the cat can't jump to get them?
Posted By: deerstalker Re: A cat problem - 08/26/19
Originally Posted by SandBilly

Originally Posted by SandBilly

working in the garage yesterday, set the garbage outside and forgot it.
neighbors have cats that have started roaming.
trash trashed this morning.
solution for me is a 410 shotgun
ymmv

but then i hate cats.worst small wildlife destroyers on four legs. plus they kill federally protected species. terminate.
Posted By: nighthawk Re: A cat problem - 08/26/19
Or take a passive defensive approach. Eliminate hidden attack points. Add obstacles, like a portable fence high enough to slow the cat and give the birds a chance.
Live trap him

Spend 10 bucks at that dog tag machine at Wally world

Get him the dog bone shaped one
Replace his tag with it

Have the name say
" dead cat walking"

Then spend another 5 bucks on a package of that Rit clothing dye.

Neon green or fuchsia

Mix it up in a gallon pail with some skunk cover scent

Dump on kitty
Let him go....

15 bucks of laughs and a message sent.

Posted By: lightman Re: A cat problem - 08/26/19
I like the motion sensor on the sprinkler. Don't talk to the neighbor. That will make you a suspect if anything happens to the cat. I even like the idea of live trapping it and wetting it down before releasing it.
Posted By: Jim_Knight Re: A cat problem - 08/26/19
Talk with the neighbor. I live in an area that has been "zoned" for no loose animals. Leash law. Havahart trap it, call Animal Control. When it cost the neighbors $$ to get their cat back, they will comply.
Originally Posted by lightman
I like the motion sensor on the sprinkler. Don't talk to the neighbor. That will make you a suspect if anything happens to the cat. I even like the idea of live trapping it and wetting it down before releasing it.

Yes wet it down..with your own piss. Great idea.
Posted By: jnyork Re: A cat problem - 08/26/19

This seems like a good idea, I will look into it.

Thanks, everyone, for your astute comments, I had a few good laughs. I got just about what I expected. grin
Posted By: JSTUART Re: A cat problem - 08/26/19

Any ideas?

Why yes...think some really nasty thoughts at them.

That oughta do it.
Posted By: whelennut Re: A cat problem - 08/26/19
While in that trap, shove that Gumout red straw up his bung hole and him a blast of throttle body cleaner. laugh

Thanks for the laugh
Posted By: RichardAustin Re: A cat problem - 08/26/19
Have a hart trap him.
Keep him in it
Spray paint him some florescent color,advoid his head.
Be imaginative about the color and patterns you put on him
And then dump some red fox urine or skunk cover scent on him.
Set him free to haul ass home

It will scare the schitt outta kitty about your place.
Probably never come back.

Let the owners wonder and deal with reeking picasso cat.

Yep that's the only solution........
Cats needs to be traumatized mentally and humiliated to learn a hard lesson
Owners need ta learn this is what happens when ya let your cat out.

You ain't killing him.
But you are doing a jedi mind fugg on the cat and the owners.

Or just duck tape the fugg outta his paws and lower legs

Put some on his tail also...
That mofo will make moves that you never thought a cat could do hauling azz home.

All types of schitt you can fugg that cats mind up with.

Something shocking when they see kitty is back and wants in.

Fugg the owners minds up .

Take pics of what ya do to him before you let him go.

We need some good laughs.

I would be your neighbor just for the entertainment value.

I used a Red Ryder BB gun to chase away cats. Usually aim for their ass.
Posted By: gkt5450 Re: A cat problem - 08/26/19
Trap him and get some “Liquid Ass” off the net. Pour it over him and send him home.
Posted By: VernAK Re: A cat problem - 08/26/19
I was visiting my aged Mom in MN some years back and noticed that she got great enjoyment from watching birds in the bird feeder that her deceased grandson had made for her.
Frequently my Mom opened the window to yell at a cat in the feeder. A Cat Lady lived nearby!

I borrowed a Havahart and a can of tuna and set it every evening and at dawn I pitched cat and trap into the Mississippi for a soak. The Cat Lady told her daughter that she was missing
16 cats but that's BS as I was only there two weeks.
Posted By: Hotrod_Lincoln Re: A cat problem - 08/26/19
Fill a quart Mason jar with fish guts and water- - - - -leave it out in the sun for about a week. Trap the cat and soak him down with the stuff before turning him loose to run home. Be careful and don't get any of it on yourself!
Jerry
Posted By: Mathsr Re: A cat problem - 08/26/19

Or tell the neighbor that you and your wife love watching the cat and that you hope that the coyotes you have seen in the neighborhood don't attack it. That might give the neighbor a little heads up and free you up for something more permanent, if it is necessary, down the road...
Posted By: cisco1 Re: A cat problem - 08/26/19

Give it a lung shot ....so cat can make it back to the porch where the kids can find it.

I shot the neighbors dog after it got into my garage and attacked our pregnant little lab.

Neighbor lived about 1/2 mile away......neighbor was walking dog by the time I got there.

Sometimes I see red.
Posted By: Ranger99 Re: A cat problem - 08/26/19
the live trap and release business doesn't work at all.
the real problem is a thoughtless owner.
if you want the cats gone, you'll have to SSS as previously
posted ^ ^ ^
no sense making excuses that ". .the cats are just doing their
thing by hunting birds. . ."
a person is supposed to be feeding them all the food they eat.
it's against the law here to allow a cat to kill birds, and i'm sure
it is everywhere else.

the cat lady near me has cat food out 24/7/365 and it draws all
kinds of vermin and pests. possums,stray cats, roaches, etc.
the cats spread fleas all over the place. she has to have the
exterminator over regularly.

if one really wants cats gone from their place, it'll have to be
done with lethal means if one wants it to be done effectively.
Posted By: StoneCutter Re: A cat problem - 08/26/19
Originally Posted by gkt5450
Trap him and get some “Liquid Ass” off the net. Pour it over him and send him home.

https://www.amazon.com/Liquid-Ass-Mister/dp/B000OCEWGW
Posted By: Miss_Lynn Re: A cat problem - 08/26/19
Print this thread and go pay a visit to said neighbour. Hand said copy of this thread to neighbour as a gift, tell the neighbour what the situation is and tell them you have been looking for ideas to bring the problem to a halt. Reassure them that you have yet to settle on which suggestion will be your final action on the matter, but it is a decision that needs to be made and carried out sooner, rather than later. Tell them you are sorry that it has come to this point, but you are sure that they understand that your home is your home, and your yard is your yard, and the joy of your wife, is your joy too, and you will DO ANYTHING AT ALL to keep your wife joyful and that is the way it is PERIOD, no matter what the cost.

Wish them a good day, and let it sink in.

Lynn
He wont do that.

B-Type personality, non confrontational.

That's why he's on here looking for the right edge or sneeky shytbird idea to avoid sacking up his balls and marching down there and pounding on that neighbor's door.

In mostly ways to humor ourselves we've merely entertained each other.
Posted By: Dan700mn Re: A cat problem - 08/26/19
We had a dog that would jump the fence into our yard and it wasn’t a friendly dog and the owners didn’t care much what it did. So when it came into the yard the next time a shot in the face with bear spray kept it out of the yard. After that if it saw one of us in the yard it would turn and run.
laughing

I read meters one summer as a college kid. Old man at the utility co let me and pard ride from the tailgate.

We had some "doggie spray", we used to get those bumper chasers that would run way passed where they belonged. Give em a blast. Lol

Told the old man we'd missed a meter on that back street. Ride back around and do a "mop up" on any dogs that didn't get chance on the first run thru the garden.
Posted By: P_Weed Re: A cat problem - 08/26/19
Cat problem . . .

Build a moat around your property - Cats can't swim.
And if they can - Stock the moat with crocodiles.
Bucket set with a 220 conibear.
Posted By: Triggernosis Re: A cat problem - 08/26/19
Renegade for the win with his "dead cat walking" tag on the collar.
Posted By: WyoCoyoteHunter Re: A cat problem - 08/29/19
They don’t have a pet they have a pest... Deal with it ..
Posted By: Ackleyfan Re: A cat problem - 08/29/19
Tie him up like a POW
Take pics of him in some really fugged scenarios.
Send a magazine cut out letter ransom note.

If he has a set of nads
Get a pic of a set of pliers right next to his junk .
Put that in the ransom note also.

renegade your killing me................ laugh
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: A cat problem - 08/29/19
when we moved into this neighborhood, there was a feral cat problem. That was exacerbated by the huge number of roaming 'pet' cats. There are none to be seen now. Ain't saying what happened, but trust me, it's not that difficult to fix a cat problem.
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: A cat problem - 08/29/19
Talk to the neighbor first. He deserves first crack at solving the issue.
Trap it if you get no results. Our animal control dept. loans traps until you no longer have need of it. Bring it back with a cat & they’ll give you another trap.

I would not intentionally harm the animal. Did that once, felt bad about it ever since.

Oddly, when I began to pee off my patio the cats went away permanently. Never figured that. But, it’s true. And, my neighbor is a cat lady. She has at least five.
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: A cat problem - 08/30/19
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
when we moved into this neighborhood, there was a feral cat problem. That was exacerbated by the huge number of roaming 'pet' cats. There are none to be seen now. Ain't saying what happened, but trust me, it's not that difficult to fix a cat problem.

Don't know about you, but the solution can be summed up in three words:

C B Cap grin
Posted By: Hotrod_Lincoln Re: A cat problem - 08/30/19
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Oddly, when I began to pee off my patio the cats went away permanently

That technique works best if you can manage to pee directly on the cat- - - - -like when it's in a trap!
Jerry
© 24hourcampfire