Phasers set on stun.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Suppressed 22.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Heym06
Ever think about getting a dog, that chases cats?

When I was a kid, my best friend and I raised poultry as our 4-H projects. A cat got into some of his, and killed some, and he acquired a hatred for cats. So, he trained his dogs to hunt cats, just like you'd train a hound to hunt coons. There's no telling how many cats he and those dogs "removed" from the country. I'm sure they got someone's pet every now and then, but it was mostly cats that had gone wild.

It was quite a sport back in the day. It's easy to get a dog to chase a cat, as it just comes naturally to them.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Just talk to your neighbor and it it happens again, tell them you will shot the cat. i am sure they will not want to loose a member of their family.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Live trap it, take it to the vet and get it declawed...

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

Trap it...take it to a Korean restaurant in the city.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cisco1

Lmao

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by jnyork
My wife has several bird feeders in both front and back yards, she gets a great deal of enjoyment from feeding and watching them. I kinda like seeing them too. Problem is, the neighbors somewhere behind us have a big yeIlow cat, complete with collar and tags, that keeps coming over to our place and killing any bird that happens to land on the ground. I am about sick and tired of this and wondering how I can solve the problem.

No, I am not going to shoot the cat. I dont have a 6.5 Creedmore, so that's out.

No, I am not going to poison or trap the cat either, it's someones pet and is just doing what cats do.

So, what I am looking for is some kind of cat repellant , something that wont stink US out of the house but will discourage the cat.

Any ideas?

A BB gun will.sting and discourage the cat

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Way back around 1968 or 69, a Black guy who had a BBQ joint was arrested and convicted of killing dogs and cats, cooking them in order to make his meat go further. I didn't eat there, but I knew some people who did, and they were all pizzed.......just as I would have been as well.

Though it's against the law, people used to sell game they'd shot to the local Blacks. I've done it myself, selling them rabbits when I was kid, kept me in shotgun shells. Anyway, some enterprising soul killed and skinned some kittens and passed them off as squirrels. The Blacks found out, and thereafter would only buy skinned animals that still had the paws attached. I'm guessing fried puzzy didn't appeal to them.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
air soft, or better yet, a paintball gun. Send that pussy home with a booger green ass and his owners might get the hint you don't appreciate him running the neighborhood. Works great on deer and squirrels too.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by gophergunner
air soft, or better yet, a paintball gun. Send that pussy home with a booger green ass and his owners might get the hint you don't appreciate him running the neighborhood. Works great on deer and squirrels too.

Like this idea.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Pffffft

small potatoes dude!!

They already get them by the dumpster full from animal control on Tuesdays.

I've posted a couple threads on here about me feeling like total chit after I leave the chinee buffet.

I've pegged it to pento-barbitol overload in the General Tso's chiggin.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord

Pffffft

small potatoes dude!!

They already get them by the dumpster full from animal control on Tuesdays.

I've posted a couple threads on here about me feeling like total chit after I leave the chinee buffet.

I've pegged it to pento-barbitol overload in the General Tso's chiggin.

Story made the rounds in Hopkinsville, that a person was searching for their lost dog, and found it's collar in the dumpster behind the Chinese buffet. Seems they had a dish called Kung Foo Poodle.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good grief SSS

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I like the paintball option. You can shoot it and not kill it, but it'll leave a mark in more ways than one.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If it were me, I would do a several phase approach. Cats leave lots of feathers, wings, etc. from a bird and possibly the cat neighbor doesn't realize that their cat is killing birds instead of mice and the like. I would gather up some bird pieces as evidence and maybe have a picture of their offending animal and have a civil conversation with the neighbor. Unless you are some kind of hermit, you really don't want an adversarial relationship with your neighbors. You are lucky that you have only one cat to contend with and you know where it comes from. After that if nothing changes, the animal control officer is your next ally. I had a barking dog next to a rental that was costing me tenants and a couple $125.00 fines from the city was all it took to get the dog gone. After that I'd get my pump up Sheridan with two pumps sighted in for cat yardage. Cat hide is tough and a domed pellet to the butt would likely be all it would take. Those darn cats do run away all the time and it could lose its collar and take a road trip to a happier hunting ground, what ever that means to you.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A good paintball gun will kill a cat, dead like Roy.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

as mentioned......live trap & give to animal control.......

that don't work.......plan B.........

17 M2 works perfect......

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by jnyork
My wife has several bird feeders in both front and back yards, she gets a great deal of enjoyment from feeding and watching them. I kinda like seeing them too. Problem is, the neighbors somewhere behind us have a big yeIlow cat, complete with collar and tags, that keeps coming over to our place and killing any bird that happens to land on the ground. I am about sick and tired of this and wondering how I can solve the problem.

No, I am not going to shoot the cat. I dont have a 6.5 Creedmore, so that's out.

No, I am not going to poison or trap the cat either, it's someones pet and is just doing what cats do.

So, what I am looking for is some kind of cat repellant , something that wont stink US out of the house but will discourage the cat.

Any ideas?

Can you make your feeder taller so the cat can't jump to get them?

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

117 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 35, AceBall, achlupsa, 11 invisible), 1,730 guests, and 790 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,760
Posts18,514,972
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.