Home
Posted By: JamesJr No More 22 Ammo At Walmart - 09/05/19
I was in the local Walmart tonite grocery shopping with my wife, and I went by the sporting goods section. The guy working there was with one of the store managers, so I asked about ammo. He said all 223 and 5.56 ammo, all handgun ammo, AND all 22 rimfire ammo was what they were not going to be selling.

I asked if they were going to clear it out at a lower price, he said no, that as a matter of fact, they had another truckload of ammo to come in and when it was all sold, that would be it.

There was a guy standing there listening to the conversation, so I said to him, I guess people never get shot with a shotgun or deer rifle. He laughed and said he'd rather be shot with a pistol than with a shotgun.

Anyway, they'll sell deer rifles and shotguns, and ammo for them, but I'm betting it won't be for long.
[bleep] Walmart.

Now all the schitbirds can find another retail outlet to buy their gun show wares. Lol.
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I was in the local Walmart tonite grocery shopping with my wife, and I went by the sporting goods section. The guy working there was with one of the store managers, so I asked about ammo. He said all 223 and 5.56 ammo, all handgun ammo, AND all 22 rimfire ammo was what they were not going to be selling.

I asked if they were going to clear it out at a lower price, he said no, that as a matter of fact, they had another truckload of ammo to come in and when it was all sold, that would be it.

There was a guy standing there listening to the conversation, so I said to him, I guess people never get shot with a shotgun or deer rifle. He laughed and said he'd rather be shot with a pistol than with a shotgun.

Anyway, they'll sell deer rifles and shotguns, and ammo for them, but I'm betting it won't be for long.

Sounds like typical Kentucky cousin humper speak.lol
Posted By: JamesJr Re: No More 22 Ammo At Walmart - 09/05/19
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Sounds like typical Kentucky cousin humper speak.lol

Uh, sorry, that's what goes on in Tennessee, or in your case, steelhead humping.....lol.
Posted By: Gun_Doc Re: No More 22 Ammo At Walmart - 09/05/19
I remember when Walmart had signs all over the place about "Made in America." Yes, it was a looooong time ago. How things have changed.
Tucker Carlson pretty well gave 'em hell tonight. Worth a watch.
I had about one thing I bought from them. I just looked up another source for that item.
I'm sure their bespoke suit SOB's have factored in the backlash. It would be a shame not to give them what they expect . . . or hopefully a bit more.
But the lefties that love Wallyworld now ain't gonna love it long.
Walmart out Kmarted K mart., but they should remember how Sears had the world by the tail, so Sears thought.
I would not have thought Walmart would stop selling 22 LR.......Geezz.
Ah the big bad evil .22 long rifle is gone. I feel safer already.
Posted By: Gun_Doc Re: No More 22 Ammo At Walmart - 09/05/19
Originally Posted by doctor_Encore

^^^^^^^
Kinda like a grocery store not selling bread or milk, isn't it?
I cant even remember the last time I bought .22 at walmart.

Let alone 5.56, 7.62x39
Or ot6

Academy 10% mil.discount.
Midsouth shooters supply here in town
Rural king
Tn gun country
Gate 6 gun and knife country

Only thing i buy at walmart for ammo is Remington nitro 27 shotgun shells now that I think about it.

Fugg em .
Private company kowtowing to PC PC schitt.

Ain't seen an AR platform for sale in a walmart around here in 3 or 4 yrs.

Did see some ammo that is scheduled for reduction per its price this morning when I was buying dogfood.
Posted By: 2ndwind Re: No More 22 Ammo At Walmart - 09/05/19
I went in through the garden center to the sporting goods department to grab some stick on targets a few days ago..... First time I'd set foot in that store in 4 or 5 Months. There is a retired engineer that works one day a week just to give himself something to do.... He knows more about guns and shooting than most gun shop employees.

I told him it was my first trip into Walmart in a LONG time.... He asked me "who has annoyed you the most?". I said "several". He nodded and said "I understand". I swear that over the past few years the employee IQ level has dropped 40 points.... unbelievably slow "service".

I'm motivated to keep better track of supplies I use and order online.
Oh well, guess I'll just have to start loading my own .22 ammo.

laugh
I decided my new 22 is the Ruger American in 223.
About the only ammo I've ever bought from Wally World was some locally made full-throttle .45 Colt and the Federal 100 round shotshell packs. I can't even recall buying .22 LR from them. Their decision, no matter how stupid, does not affect my life in any way. I have better and more reliable sources for .22LR with more choices on specialty stuff and I reload everything else except for .40 S&W and 9mm.

Originally Posted by mtnsnake
I decided my new 22 is the Ruger American in 223.

Try Seafire's Blue Dot .223 loads with 40-45gr Hornet bullets. They are THE schitt.
Posted By: HawkI Re: No More 22 Ammo At Walmart - 09/05/19
22 LR?

Sounds like a concerted effort already laid out and just now put into action, without the .gov doing a thing. But that's coming too.

Don't forget, they didn't get rid of cigarettes without getting rid of the candy ones too. Anyone remember Eric Holder?

Bet you remember now.
[Linked Image]
Walmart's decision to stop selling various types of ammo will affect me just as much as DICK's decision to stop selling black rifles...

Zero...
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Walmart's decision to stop selling various types of ammo will affect me just as much as DICK's decision to stop selling black rifles...

Zero...

Im with you on that. In fact if Walmart just up and closed every location I wouldn't even know it. I do understand in some small towns its the only game left but fortunately I have plenty of options. Especially for ammo. Mine magically comes right to my front door.
Originally Posted by MadMooner
F U C K Walmart.

Now all the schitbirds can find another retail outlet to buy their gun show wares. Lol.

Fixed it for you.
I don't buy much ammo at Walmart. I reload for all my centerfire hunting rifles, buy the 223-5.56 stuff by the case through my LGS, and am still shooting up 22's that I have had hoarded up for years. About the only ammo I've bought at Walmart has been a few shotgun shells, and maybe a few 22's to replace what I shot up from my stash. I buy my handgun ammo through the LGS as well.

But, I still hate to see Walmart doing what they are, because I'm afraid it's going to set a trend for other stores. It's a free country, and they have the right to run their business as they wish to. Years ago, I bought some Walmart stock, and it's been a very good investment, wish I'd bought more. I'll still shop at Walmart, because while I think they're a hasty business decision, I'm not going to spend half a day in town driving from store to store, when I can stop at one place and get what I need.

I grew up in the era of the mom and pop stores, where they knew you, and you knew them. At one time, the small rural community down the road from me had 5 small country stores, and 2 gas stations. Today, there are none, as the last one closed almost 10 years ago. We live in a changing world, very few things ever remain the same, and that is especially true when it comes to our shopping. The big stores such as Walmart offered shoppers many things that the mom and pop stores could not, including the biggest thing off all, lower prices. People usually go where they get the best bang for their buck, and that means places like Walmart.

Anyway, being very politically incorrect myself, I hate to see Walmart trying to be politically correct, as it will accomplish absolutely nothing in the end. When the big discount stores quit selling ammo, the prices will only go up, and I hate that part of it. I guess I'd better start hoarding 22's again.

If they were standing on principle, when the shipment comes in, they should destroy it rather than sell it.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

If they were standing on principle, when the shipment comes in, they should destroy it rather than sell it.

Maybe. But they aren't going to lose money on it, you can bet that. Personally, I was hoping they'd discount it and I'd get some good deals.
Some of those murder rounds could end up in a mass shooting, and Walmart will have blood on their hands for selling it instead of destroying it when the shipment came in. Shame on them!
Posted By: Dess Re: No More 22 Ammo At Walmart - 09/05/19
I think Walmart failed to take into account many people will buy other merchandise when buying ammo. Turn off the profit spigot and watch the other revenue streams start to wither on the vine.
Originally Posted by GunDoc7
I remember when Walmart had signs all over the place about "Made in America." Yes, it was a looooong time ago. How things have changed.
I had about one thing I bought from them. I just looked up another source for that item.
I'm sure their bespoke suit SOB's have factored in the backlash. It would be a shame not to give them what they expect . . . or hopefully a bit more.

Sir, The coastal lefties don't give a schit about the thousands of small towns destroyed in flyover country.

That's part of the acceptable byproducts of their new tryst with Wally.
Posted By: 700LH Re: No More 22 Ammo At Walmart - 09/05/19
Lets all take a moment and thank WM for putting the greedy overpriced and jerk gun shops out of business..

WM isn't he problem today hurting small business, the net is with many products including firearms

Originally Posted by rockinbbar
[Linked Image]

Maybe. But they aren't going to lose money on it, you can bet that. Personally, I was hoping they'd discount it and I'd get some good deals.

Tucker went over that, too.
Posted By: JoeBob Re: No More 22 Ammo At Walmart - 09/05/19
Wal-Mart has sucked for a long time. Last year I needed a garden hose. We had moved to a new house and somehow our hose didn’t make the trip. Three or four months later I was going to do some smoking and needed to wash out my smoker and realized that I didn’t have a hose. So, there it was a day or two before Thanksgiving and I went to Wal-Mart for a hose. I looked all over the garden department and finally found one crappy hose. I asked if they had any more and was informed that hoses were a seasonal item and that they didn’t carry a stock of them except in the summer? Really? A freaking hose? I use them all the time for all kinds of stuff. This is Texas. It’s not like it ever gets too cold in the winter to do stuff outside.

Over the years there is more and more stuff like that with more and more surly employees. The parking lots are vast and get shadier and shadier. Our big Wal-Mart parking lots really give off an unsafe vibe after dark, particularly on the weekends. My wife got to where she wouldn’t go after dark. The stores get messier and messier. They are so big that you might only need one or two things but they are on opposite sides of the store so that by the time you park, walk a hundred yards to the entrance, walk a few hundred yards in the store, check out, and walk back to your car, you’ve spent forty five minutes to buy some cheap ass Chinese schit.

I never bought clothes at Wal-Mart. There hardware has always sucked and I have Ace, Harbor Freight, Home Depot, and Lowe’s now. Besides food, ammo is just about the only thing I still buy from them regularly as that I would often stop by the one on the way to my farm and buy it.

You know Amazon and all those people have never pretended to be our friends. I’m okay with that. But Wal-Mart can stick this schit right up their moralizing asses.
Im really liking Dollar General.

JamesJr, I will take a peek and see if they have rubbers on clearance.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: No More 22 Ammo At Walmart - 09/05/19

If they were smart, they'd start stocking ammo
Posted By: JoeBob Re: No More 22 Ammo At Walmart - 09/05/19
I think Wal-Mart is directly responsible for the rise of Amazon by making shopping so damned unpleasant.
Originally Posted by 700LH
Lets all take a moment and thank WM for putting the greedy overpriced and jerk gun shops out of business..

WM isn't he problem today hurting small business, the net is with many products including firearms

Originally Posted by rockinbbar
[Linked Image]

That was my first thought when I saw what Wally was doing. I bet I know of at least 3 gun shops that went under do to them, Dick's, and Gander Mountain, without even thinking hard.
It's nice to save a couple dollars, but in the long run it ends up costing far more.
7mm
Posted By: jnyork Re: No More 22 Ammo At Walmart - 09/05/19
Originally Posted by JoeBob
I think Wal-Mart is directly responsible for the rise of Amazon by making shopping so damned unpleasant.

That is a big factor , for sure. I have always hated shopping, especially in this small town where the local MomandPop stores have been raping us on prices for over a century. Sear, Robuck & Company, along with Sears, made big money in the mail order business for generations before the advent of the big box stores just for the same reason. Walmart is handy now but a PITA because you have to hike yourself to death finding all the stuff you came for.

Why should I run all over town looking for something, including ammo, or drive 26 miles one way to Walmart, when I can order in from Amazon or someone from the comfort of my home, frequently pay no shipping and have exactly what I want on my doorstep in 48 hours.

This whole kerfluffle should point out to all of us the folly of becoming dependent on one entity for our needs. We should always have a Plan B in case we somehow lose our main source.
Posted By: tzone Re: No More 22 Ammo At Walmart - 09/05/19
I don't remember EVER buying 22 ammo at walmart. The last ammo I bought there was a box of .410 they had for like $9 and it was a hassle that wasn't worth doing it again.

^^^^^^^

Seriously? You guys use Walmart that much for shooting supplies?

His goat will thank you.
Posted By: kellory Re: No More 22 Ammo At Walmart - 09/05/19
Originally Posted by tzone

^^^^^^^

I did. They are the closest, and usually the cheapest. However, I will take the much longer trip to rural king now, or the longer and more expensive trip to Cabela's. Gander mountain went out of business a while ago, field and stream give to the wrong folks, and there just aren't any mom and pop stores anywhere nearby.
Posted By: papat Re: No More 22 Ammo At Walmart - 09/05/19
Grafs will provide my high quality 22. Local gun and bow shop anything else I need.
Originally Posted by kellory

^^^^^^^

I did. They are the closest, and usually the cheapest. However, I will take the much longer trip to rural king now, or the longer and more expensive trip to Cabela's. Gander mountain went out of business a while ago, field and stream give to the wrong folks, and there just aren't any mom and pop stores anywhere nearby.

Do you reload? Midway will deliver to your house and you don't have to go to walmart. Win/Win.
WalMart has a lock on low income non-taxpayers and EBT beneficiaries. WalMart pays their employees benefits with your tax dollars. WalMart is in practice what passes for socialism in America. They'll contract as they are already, but they're not going anywhere.
Posted By: kennyd Re: No More 22 Ammo At Walmart - 09/05/19
Went today, no sales, asst manager knew nothing. Got a box of .22WMR as mine is old. .223 looked empty, 9 almost, other customer there bought 3 x 100 9s. The clerk wanted if ammo was for pistol or Bb gun, then register asked for I'd anyway
Would like to get .357, .38 if it goes on sale. .25acp is 24 a box and it isn't THAT much fun.
Posted By: kellory Re: No More 22 Ammo At Walmart - 09/05/19

^^^^^^^

Do you reload? Midway will deliver to your house and you don't have to go to walmart. Win/Win.

Not yet, though it is on the horizon. One of these days, I may take a trip, and visit Shaman. We've known eachother for quite a few years, but never met. Perhaps I could persuade him to teach me about reloading.
Who this is gonna hurt the short term is places in deep Red State America where the next town is forty miles away and where WalMart already pushed the mom and pop stores out of business.

Of course, as noted, local gun stores will prob’ly make a comeback, but I doubt they’ll keep the long hours that a Walmart typically does.
I was only buying .22 LR and pistol ammo at Walmart anyway. I get my turkey hunting ammo at Academy and I stocked up on my Federal Premium deer ammo via the internet. So, no loss for me, I'll shop for ammo elsewhere.

big fuggin deal

TargetSports USA...........

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/agu...-lr-ammo-38-gr-hp-1b222335-p-100657.aspx
Posted By: Pat85 Re: No More 22 Ammo At Walmart - 09/05/19
Another great american 22 horde going on and the the managers are in on it.

Not yet, though it is on the horizon. One of these days, I may take a trip, and visit Shaman. We've known eachother for quite a few years, but never met. Perhaps I could persuade him to teach me about reloading.

It’s an investment and a learning process for sure. But, it does take some time and is worth it.
Posted By: kellory Re: No More 22 Ammo At Walmart - 09/06/19
Originally Posted by tikkanut

big fuggin deal

TargetSports USA...........

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/agu...-lr-ammo-38-gr-hp-1b222335-p-100657.aspx

Ok, think this through....
Let's say there are 10 sources of the ammo you need. "No big deal" when one goes away. Then 3 more leave. "No big deal, still got 6 right? (However, public pressure and protests are making thier lives hell)
Then 2 more cave to keep thier doors open, now 6 of 10 are gone. Protests now concentrate on the remaining 4, as they hold the line. It's effecting thier business, blocking their legitimate business, and even though legal, is now costing them big money to keep selling. But, no big deal, right? It's not like they would stop selling ammo to preserve thier business....right? You are sure in your heart, that your sources of ammo would never cave due to little issues like solvency, stockholders, profits, or litigation.....right? (Sensing a trend yet?)
EVERY source of ammo is in business because someone relies upon them. Cripple the ammo, you cripple 2A.
They take away my chocolate jello pudding pops now the deuce-deuce

Gunshops ain't going to carry the puddin pops so f*ck them too
Posted By: rost495 Re: No More 22 Ammo At Walmart - 09/06/19

Nothing new. they have been on again off again for as long as I can remember. Mom and pop joints might do better now though. Food for thought I guess.

Gonna bet Walmart got some big time pressure as they are not a small player.. politics involved which then always leads to money

I was just about to say, bound to be from TN... then I looked... amazing.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: No More 22 Ammo At Walmart - 09/06/19
Originally Posted by rost495

I was just about to say, bound to be from TN... then I looked... amazing.

Yeah, some of those ole boys down there are fixated on a dick.
Who or what entity has the ability push Walmart around?

I think it's just purely internal feelgoodism.
Posted By: kellory Re: No More 22 Ammo At Walmart - 09/06/19
Originally Posted by slumlord
They take away my chocolate jello pudding pops now the deuce-deuce

Gunshops ain't going to carry the puddin pops so f*ck them too

Blame Cosby for the pudding pops.
Walmart is the ENEMY and always has been. Doesn’t anyone remember when Hillary was on their Board of Directors ???

They are just showing their true colors. 😡

I’ll happily pay a little more and support my LGS. They actually believe in our 2nd Amendment Rights and care about their customers!
Who or what entity has the ability push Walmart around?

I think it's just purely internal feelgoodism.

Federal .gov RE importation for sure. Its not like everything at WM is US made. There are much bigger fish going on here. IMHO.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Walmart is the ENEMY and always has been. Doesn’t anyone remember when Hillary was on their Board of Directors ???

They are just showing their true colors. 😡

I’ll happily pay a little more and support my LGS. They actually believe in our 2nd Amendment Rights and care about their customers!

Interestingly enough, LGS I"ve seen are often the same or a hair less on ammo. Guns they can't touch because Walmart does cheaper versions of same guns, but ammo they can and often are same or less. And if higher, its not enough to worry about.

Wished we had a closer one at home, open convenient hours, but it what it is. Now that I'm in Alaska Granite Valley in Delta has way more than most gun stores and is ok on price.

That said, I simply can't hardly remember buying ammo in years and years. Other than dove loads. Lotta good those 12 cases of dove loads in TX will do me now. LOL
Remington is partly at fault, IMO, as to Walmart gun pricing. They sell guns directly to Walmart in bulk for much cheaper than our LGS can buy them for. That put a lot of Mom & Pop Gun Stores out of business.
1 800 WALMART and tell them wtf you think. I told them and I don't buy much ammo from them, I also told them I didn't need to spend the $2000 a year in dog food, groceries , clothes and etc there either. fugg them wallyworld bastards anyway MB
For every one of us that walks away from walmart, there's 10 more illegal immigrants with EbT cards walking passed us coming into walmart that are 'fresh off the bus'
For every one of us that walks away from walmart, there's 10 more illegal immigrants with EbT cards walking passed us coming into walmart that are 'fresh off the bus'

Yep. And more of those mofos swimming the Rio Grande every damn day. 😡

The fuggin Walmart here looks like frickin Mexico on a Saturday night. Fugg em!!! 😡
Remington is partly at fault, IMO, as to Walmart gun pricing. They sell guns directly to Walmart in bulk for much cheaper than our LGS can buy them for. That put a lot of Mom & Pop Gun Stores out of business.

Are there that many people buying new production Remington rifles?
Originally Posted by SockPuppet

Are there that many people buying new production Remington rifles?

I’ve bought one Remington from Walmart in my life of 59 years. I’ve probably bout at least a 100 over the years from my LGS.
I'm no economics genuis. Looks like someone will provide a new outlet. Heard that rural King store locally would always have ammo.
Originally Posted by Daverageguy
I'm no economics genuis. Looks like someone will provide a new outlet. Heard that rural King store locally would always have ammo.

Luckily we have Academy Sports here if my LGS ever closed.
I buy my Wranglers and T-shirts there. And fishing tackle.
If Fed-x decides to stop shipping ammo I'm screwed. LGS prices here are crazy high.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: No More 22 Ammo At Walmart - 09/06/19
Places in rural Komifornia that are close enough to a Wal_mart will suffer some.

Already can't mail order ammo unless it goes through an approved dealer (for a charge of course) and a background check.

In my case, +/- 3 hrs from the nearest Cali Walmart, there is only one source of high priced ammo. The local Ace hdwr store still sells it.

If a person were to have a gun that shot white box Winchester well, or any of the other "cheap" mfg ammo, and they decide not to shop at Wally's they'll hardly find it on sale for the same prices at what serves in many places for a LGS. I'm sure there are a number of folks in the good ol' US of A that got a lot of plinking and practice ammo on sale at the store. If they don't want to support their "agenda" any longer, they'll have to find another source now.

Of course, anyone hunting here has to use non-lead ammo anyway, even .22, and I've never seen much of that in Wallys anywhere.

Basically, it's reload or ship it in and pay the price.

We just got a Grocery Outlet here with one of my favorite chocolate bars at a price as low or lower than Walmart. They were one of the reasons I'd shop there when in a town that had one. No longer a need when I go to the big town now.

Geno

frown Would piranha fish live in the Rio if transplanted ..............................
Originally Posted by 57springer

frown Would piranha fish live in the Rio if transplanted ..............................

The damn wetbacks would just catch and eat all of them!
Posted By: Gun_Doc Re: No More 22 Ammo At Walmart - 09/06/19
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Sir, The coastal lefties don't give a schit about the thousands of small towns destroyed in flyover country.

I agree. The coastal lefties only became aware of flyover country when the inhabitants elected Trump. Not only do they not give a schit about flyover country, they deplore it (pun intended!)
But the entire Walmart "culture", for lack of a better word, goes pretty well against the city dwelling, Starbuck's drinking, man bun wearing, elitist, "woke" way of life. They may love Walmart now for the misguided stance, and they may tolerate Walmart for providing what it provides to the "less fortunate", but nonetheless democratic voting masses. But many of them have never set foot in a Walmart, and don't plan to. They may "love" Walmart now, but they won't love it long, and that's what I was saying.
Bet Walmart won't send you four free scews. grin
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer
If Fed-x decides to stop shipping ammo I'm screwed. LGS prices here are crazy high.

I don't think common carriers can lawfully decide not to deliver legal products. They are Federally licensed. Imagine the chaos that would ensue if common carriers were permitted to deny services for certain products based on the politics of the owners or directors.
Originally Posted by local_dirt

I agree. The coastal lefties only became aware of flyover country when the inhabitants elected Trump. Not only do they not give a schit about flyover country, they deplore it (pun intended!)
But the entire Walmart "culture", for lack of a better word, goes pretty well against the city dwelling, Starbuck's drinking, man bun wearing, elitist, "woke" way of life. They may love Walmart now for the misguided stance, and they may tolerate Walmart for providing what it provides to the "less fortunate", but nonetheless democratic voting masses. But many of them have never set foot in a Walmart, and don't plan to. They may "love" Walmart now, but they won't love it long, and that's what I was saying.

You are absolutely right, sir. They may love Walmart now, but they will not love it long. And, they are not going to change their elitist spending habits for the sake of supporting Walmart.
Posted By: kellory Re: No More 22 Ammo At Walmart - 09/07/19
Originally Posted by 57springer

I always thought we should dig a ditch from coast to coast, use the dirt to fill in where the dikes in new Orleans and fill it with alligators from Florida, and solve 3 problems at once.
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer

I don't think common carriers can lawfully decide not to deliver legal products. They are Federally licensed. Imagine the chaos that would ensue if common carriers were permitted to deny services for certain products based on the politics of the owners or directors.

Ya think so?
There is a FedEx/Kinkos store in the lobby of the building I work in. They will NOT accept ammo for shipment. I have to take it to the Fedex hub.
I suspect Fedex & UPS can make any policy they want - HAZMAT fees come to mind - or they could decide not to ship ammo just like USPS.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: No More 22 Ammo At Walmart - 09/07/19
Originally Posted by savage24
I suspect Fedex & UPS can make any policy they want - HAZMAT fees come to mind - or they could decide not to ship ammo just like USPS.

Correct. Fed-Ex and UPS are privately owned companies, and as such, can make any kind of policy they want to concerning what they ship.
© 24hourcampfire