Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Went today, no sales, asst manager knew nothing. Got a box of .22WMR as mine is old. .223 looked empty, 9 almost, other customer there bought 3 x 100 9s. The clerk wanted if ammo was for pistol or Bb gun, then register asked for I'd anyway
Would like to get .357, .38 if it goes on sale. .25acp is 24 a box and it isn't THAT much fun.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by kellory
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by GunDoc7
Originally Posted by doctor_Encore
I would not have thought Walmart would stop selling 22 LR.......Geezz.

^^^^^^^
Kinda like a grocery store not selling bread or milk, isn't it?

Seriously? You guys use Walmart that much for shooting supplies?

I did. They are the closest, and usually the cheapest. However, I will take the much longer trip to rural king now, or the longer and more expensive trip to Cabela's. Gander mountain went out of business a while ago, field and stream give to the wrong folks, and there just aren't any mom and pop stores anywhere nearby.

Do you reload? Midway will deliver to your house and you don't have to go to walmart. Win/Win.

Not yet, though it is on the horizon. One of these days, I may take a trip, and visit Shaman. We've known eachother for quite a few years, but never met. Perhaps I could persuade him to teach me about reloading.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Who this is gonna hurt the short term is places in deep Red State America where the next town is forty miles away and where WalMart already pushed the mom and pop stores out of business.

Of course, as noted, local gun stores will prob’ly make a comeback, but I doubt they’ll keep the long hours that a Walmart typically does.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was only buying .22 LR and pistol ammo at Walmart anyway. I get my turkey hunting ammo at Academy and I stocked up on my Federal Premium deer ammo via the internet. So, no loss for me, I'll shop for ammo elsewhere.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I was in the local Walmart tonite grocery shopping with my wife, and I went by the sporting goods section. The guy working there was with one of the store managers, so I asked about ammo. He said all 223 and 5.56 ammo, all handgun ammo, AND all 22 rimfire ammo was what they were not going to be selling.

I asked if they were going to clear it out at a lower price, he said no, that as a matter of fact, they had another truckload of ammo to come in and when it was all sold, that would be it.

There was a guy standing there listening to the conversation, so I said to him, I guess people never get shot with a shotgun or deer rifle. He laughed and said he'd rather be shot with a pistol than with a shotgun.

Anyway, they'll sell deer rifles and shotguns, and ammo for them, but I'm betting it won't be for long.

big fuggin deal

TargetSports USA...........

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/agu...-lr-ammo-38-gr-hp-1b222335-p-100657.aspx

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Another great american 22 horde going on and the the managers are in on it.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by kellory

Not yet, though it is on the horizon. One of these days, I may take a trip, and visit Shaman. We've known eachother for quite a few years, but never met. Perhaps I could persuade him to teach me about reloading.

It’s an investment and a learning process for sure. But, it does take some time and is worth it.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tikkanut
I was in the local Walmart tonite grocery shopping with my wife, and I went by the sporting goods section. The guy working there was with one of the store managers, so I asked about ammo. He said all 223 and 5.56 ammo, all handgun ammo, AND all 22 rimfire ammo was what they were not going to be selling.

I asked if they were going to clear it out at a lower price, he said no, that as a matter of fact, they had another truckload of ammo to come in and when it was all sold, that would be it.

There was a guy standing there listening to the conversation, so I said to him, I guess people never get shot with a shotgun or deer rifle. He laughed and said he'd rather be shot with a pistol than with a shotgun.

Anyway, they'll sell deer rifles and shotguns, and ammo for them, but I'm betting it won't be for long.

big fuggin deal

TargetSports USA...........

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/agu...-lr-ammo-38-gr-hp-1b222335-p-100657.aspx

Ok, think this through....
Let's say there are 10 sources of the ammo you need. "No big deal" when one goes away. Then 3 more leave. "No big deal, still got 6 right? (However, public pressure and protests are making thier lives hell)
Then 2 more cave to keep thier doors open, now 6 of 10 are gone. Protests now concentrate on the remaining 4, as they hold the line. It's effecting thier business, blocking their legitimate business, and even though legal, is now costing them big money to keep selling. But, no big deal, right? It's not like they would stop selling ammo to preserve thier business....right? You are sure in your heart, that your sources of ammo would never cave due to little issues like solvency, stockholders, profits, or litigation.....right? (Sensing a trend yet?)
EVERY source of ammo is in business because someone relies upon them. Cripple the ammo, you cripple 2A.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They take away my chocolate jello pudding pops now the deuce-deuce

Gunshops ain't going to carry the puddin pops so f*ck them too

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

Nothing new. they have been on again off again for as long as I can remember. Mom and pop joints might do better now though. Food for thought I guess.

Gonna bet Walmart got some big time pressure as they are not a small player.. politics involved which then always leads to money

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Im really liking Dollar General.

JamesJr, I will take a peek and see if they have rubbers on clearance.

I was just about to say, bound to be from TN... then I looked... amazing.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
JamesJr Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Im really liking Dollar General.

JamesJr, I will take a peek and see if they have rubbers on clearance.

I was just about to say, bound to be from TN... then I looked... amazing.

Yeah, some of those ole boys down there are fixated on a dick.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Who or what entity has the ability push Walmart around?

I think it's just purely internal feelgoodism.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slumlord
They take away my chocolate jello pudding pops now the deuce-deuce

Gunshops ain't going to carry the puddin pops so f*ck them too

Blame Cosby for the pudding pops.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Walmart is the ENEMY and always has been. Doesn’t anyone remember when Hillary was on their Board of Directors ???

They are just showing their true colors. 😡

I’ll happily pay a little more and support my LGS. They actually believe in our 2nd Amendment Rights and care about their customers!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by slumlord
Who or what entity has the ability push Walmart around?

I think it's just purely internal feelgoodism.

Federal .gov RE importation for sure. Its not like everything at WM is US made. There are much bigger fish going on here. IMHO.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Walmart is the ENEMY and always has been. Doesn’t anyone remember when Hillary was on their Board of Directors ???

They are just showing their true colors. 😡

I’ll happily pay a little more and support my LGS. They actually believe in our 2nd Amendment Rights and care about their customers!

Interestingly enough, LGS I"ve seen are often the same or a hair less on ammo. Guns they can't touch because Walmart does cheaper versions of same guns, but ammo they can and often are same or less. And if higher, its not enough to worry about.

Wished we had a closer one at home, open convenient hours, but it what it is. Now that I'm in Alaska Granite Valley in Delta has way more than most gun stores and is ok on price.

That said, I simply can't hardly remember buying ammo in years and years. Other than dove loads. Lotta good those 12 cases of dove loads in TX will do me now. LOL

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Remington is partly at fault, IMO, as to Walmart gun pricing. They sell guns directly to Walmart in bulk for much cheaper than our LGS can buy them for. That put a lot of Mom & Pop Gun Stores out of business.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
1 800 WALMART and tell them wtf you think. I told them and I don't buy much ammo from them, I also told them I didn't need to spend the $2000 a year in dog food, groceries , clothes and etc there either. fugg them wallyworld bastards anyway MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
For every one of us that walks away from walmart, there's 10 more illegal immigrants with EbT cards walking passed us coming into walmart that are 'fresh off the bus'

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

109 members (3dtestify, 7887mm08, 358wsm, 280Ackleyrized, 338Rules, 35, 12 invisible), 986 guests, and 887 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,129
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.