Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by slumlord
For every one of us that walks away from walmart, there's 10 more illegal immigrants with EbT cards walking passed us coming into walmart that are 'fresh off the bus'

Yep. And more of those mofos swimming the Rio Grande every damn day. 😡

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
For every one of us that walks away from walmart, there's 10 more illegal immigrants with EbT cards walking passed us coming into walmart that are 'fresh off the bus'

The fuggin Walmart here looks like frickin Mexico on a Saturday night. Fugg em!!! 😡

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Remington is partly at fault, IMO, as to Walmart gun pricing. They sell guns directly to Walmart in bulk for much cheaper than our LGS can buy them for. That put a lot of Mom & Pop Gun Stores out of business.

Are there that many people buying new production Remington rifles?

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Remington is partly at fault, IMO, as to Walmart gun pricing. They sell guns directly to Walmart in bulk for much cheaper than our LGS can buy them for. That put a lot of Mom & Pop Gun Stores out of business.

Are there that many people buying new production Remington rifles?

I’ve bought one Remington from Walmart in my life of 59 years. I’ve probably bout at least a 100 over the years from my LGS.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 09/06/19.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I'm no economics genuis. Looks like someone will provide a new outlet. Heard that rural King store locally would always have ammo.

Bangflop! another skinning job due to .260 and proper shot placement.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Daverageguy
I'm no economics genuis. Looks like someone will provide a new outlet. Heard that rural King store locally would always have ammo.

Luckily we have Academy Sports here if my LGS ever closed.
I buy my Wranglers and T-shirts there. And fishing tackle.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If Fed-x decides to stop shipping ammo I'm screwed. LGS prices here are crazy high.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Places in rural Komifornia that are close enough to a Wal_mart will suffer some.

Already can't mail order ammo unless it goes through an approved dealer (for a charge of course) and a background check.

In my case, +/- 3 hrs from the nearest Cali Walmart, there is only one source of high priced ammo. The local Ace hdwr store still sells it.

If a person were to have a gun that shot white box Winchester well, or any of the other "cheap" mfg ammo, and they decide not to shop at Wally's they'll hardly find it on sale for the same prices at what serves in many places for a LGS. I'm sure there are a number of folks in the good ol' US of A that got a lot of plinking and practice ammo on sale at the store. If they don't want to support their "agenda" any longer, they'll have to find another source now.

Of course, anyone hunting here has to use non-lead ammo anyway, even .22, and I've never seen much of that in Wallys anywhere.

Basically, it's reload or ship it in and pay the price.

We just got a Grocery Outlet here with one of my favorite chocolate bars at a price as low or lower than Walmart. They were one of the reasons I'd shop there when in a town that had one. No longer a need when I go to the big town now.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

frown Would piranha fish live in the Rio if transplanted ..............................

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 57springer

frown Would piranha fish live in the Rio if transplanted ..............................

The damn wetbacks would just catch and eat all of them!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by GunDoc7
I remember when Walmart had signs all over the place about "Made in America." Yes, it was a looooong time ago. How things have changed.
Tucker Carlson pretty well gave 'em hell tonight. Worth a watch.
I had about one thing I bought from them. I just looked up another source for that item.
I'm sure their bespoke suit SOB's have factored in the backlash. It would be a shame not to give them what they expect . . . or hopefully a bit more.
But the lefties that love Wallyworld now ain't gonna love it long.

Sir, The coastal lefties don't give a schit about the thousands of small towns destroyed in flyover country.

That's part of the acceptable byproducts of their new tryst with Wally.

I agree. The coastal lefties only became aware of flyover country when the inhabitants elected Trump. Not only do they not give a schit about flyover country, they deplore it (pun intended!)
But the entire Walmart "culture", for lack of a better word, goes pretty well against the city dwelling, Starbuck's drinking, man bun wearing, elitist, "woke" way of life. They may love Walmart now for the misguided stance, and they may tolerate Walmart for providing what it provides to the "less fortunate", but nonetheless democratic voting masses. But many of them have never set foot in a Walmart, and don't plan to. They may "love" Walmart now, but they won't love it long, and that's what I was saying.

Clinging to guns & religion since 1959

Keyboards make people braver than alcohol

Election Integrity is more important than Election Convenience

Washington Post: "Democracy Dies in Darkness"
More correct: "Killing Democracy Faster Than Darkness"
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Bet Walmart won't send you four free scews. grin

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer
If Fed-x decides to stop shipping ammo I'm screwed. LGS prices here are crazy high.

I don't think common carriers can lawfully decide not to deliver legal products. They are Federally licensed. Imagine the chaos that would ensue if common carriers were permitted to deny services for certain products based on the politics of the owners or directors.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by local_dirt
I remember when Walmart had signs all over the place about "Made in America." Yes, it was a looooong time ago. How things have changed.
Tucker Carlson pretty well gave 'em hell tonight. Worth a watch.
I had about one thing I bought from them. I just looked up another source for that item.
I'm sure their bespoke suit SOB's have factored in the backlash. It would be a shame not to give them what they expect . . . or hopefully a bit more.
But the lefties that love Wallyworld now ain't gonna love it long.

Sir, The coastal lefties don't give a schit about the thousands of small towns destroyed in flyover country.

That's part of the acceptable byproducts of their new tryst with Wally.

I agree. The coastal lefties only became aware of flyover country when the inhabitants elected Trump. Not only do they not give a schit about flyover country, they deplore it (pun intended!)
But the entire Walmart "culture", for lack of a better word, goes pretty well against the city dwelling, Starbuck's drinking, man bun wearing, elitist, "woke" way of life. They may love Walmart now for the misguided stance, and they may tolerate Walmart for providing what it provides to the "less fortunate", but nonetheless democratic voting masses. But many of them have never set foot in a Walmart, and don't plan to. They may "love" Walmart now, but they won't love it long, and that's what I was saying.

You are absolutely right, sir. They may love Walmart now, but they will not love it long. And, they are not going to change their elitist spending habits for the sake of supporting Walmart.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 57springer

I always thought we should dig a ditch from coast to coast, use the dirt to fill in where the dikes in new Orleans and fill it with alligators from Florida, and solve 3 problems at once.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer

I don't think common carriers can lawfully decide not to deliver legal products. They are Federally licensed. Imagine the chaos that would ensue if common carriers were permitted to deny services for certain products based on the politics of the owners or directors.

Ya think so?
There is a FedEx/Kinkos store in the lobby of the building I work in. They will NOT accept ammo for shipment. I have to take it to the Fedex hub.
I suspect Fedex & UPS can make any policy they want - HAZMAT fees come to mind - or they could decide not to ship ammo just like USPS.

"There's no schadenfreude like Hillary Clinton schadenfreude."
- Tamara Keel
JamesJr Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by savage24
I suspect Fedex & UPS can make any policy they want - HAZMAT fees come to mind - or they could decide not to ship ammo just like USPS.

Correct. Fed-Ex and UPS are privately owned companies, and as such, can make any kind of policy they want to concerning what they ship.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

340 members (160user, 22kHornet, 22magnut, 1OntarioJim, 257robertsimp, 06hunter59, 35 invisible), 1,408 guests, and 1,042 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,096
Posts18,522,196
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.