Go Stro’s !
“It ain’t over ‘til it’s over”
Bregman can’t hit his ass!
End of the 5th inning. Stro’s still lead 3-1
Correa comes through again! 6-1
Heck yea!!!
Astro’s Up 7-3 in the top of the 8th
Astro’s WIN !!!
Bregman and Alvarez need to pay attention to what happens when you hit the ball... It's called WINNING! smile

Now the Yanks are gonna have to face Verlander and Cole.

They won't get past those two.

But, I do hope a couple more of the boys get past their hitting slump before they face the Nationals.

Good job last night!
Third string pitcher did real well after the first inning. Thought AJ might have yanked him a little quick. Worst home plate umpire on balls and strikes live seen in a long time. Hasbeen
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
Third string pitcher did real well after the first inning. Thought AJ might have yanked him a little quick. Worst home plate umpire on balls and strikes live seen in a long time. Hasbeen

That guy was a BAD home plate umpire. Baaad.
They have done the same as a lot of teams. NY has decided Bregman is not going to beat them. They will walk him before he gets anything decent to hit. Hasbeen
The Astros need to win tonight. WS starts Tuesday. Give them time to set their pitching rotation. Hasbeen
Houston was selling WS tickets yesterday afternoon... laugh
Posted By: callnum Re: Nah, Springer is a piker! - 10/18/19
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Frankly, I'm surprised Houston even got to this level.

The second half of the regular season was filled with humiliations like they had last night.

It's like they all get a subliminal message to totally quit hitting anything... all at the same time.

It's pretty embarrassing.

I seriously doubt they will get past this series. They absolutely don't have a will to win.

Bandwagon fans are awesome.

Not a third string pitcher. #3 in the rotation. Big difference
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Nah, Springer is a piker! - 10/18/19

All right. I hope their bats will keep hitting a while longer.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Nah, Springer is a piker! - 10/18/19

That guy was a BAD home plate umpire. Baaad.

This^^^.
Posted By: hanco Re: Nah, Springer is a piker! - 10/18/19
Go Astros

Win tonight!
Originally Posted by callnum

The second half of the regular season was filled with humiliations like they had last night.

It's like they all get a subliminal message to totally quit hitting anything... all at the same time.

I seriously doubt they will get past this series. They absolutely don't have a will to win.

This ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ laugh

Hinch is probably slumping too.
Originally Posted by jaguartx

All right. I hope their bats will keep hitting a while longer.

Amen!!!
Originally Posted by BayouRover

No kidding

No kidding

Yeah, I jumped on the bandwagon alright...

Been an Astros fan for awhile.

In fact, I was about 8 years old and went to see them in the Houston Astrodome when it was pretty new... And caught a foul ball hit by Jesús Alou. Still have it.

At least being a bandwagon fan is better than being a dumbass that doesn't see they have had a batting problem for awhile... smile

All you gotta do is look at their statistics.

Kinda like Hillary voters believe she was not a criminal, and would make a good POTUS. LOL...
Your baseball knowledge is amazing bone head.

Batting problem? They are winning, what’s the problem.

But then again you were surprised they had made it to “this level “ and predicted they would lose the series. Two words come to mind—dumb and ass
Your baseball knowledge is amazing bone head.

Batting problem? They are winning, what’s the problem.

But then again you were surprised they had made it to “this level “ and predicted they would lose the series. Two words come to mind—dumb and ass

Look, Dumbass... If I have offended you then I am so happy! laugh

Glad they won what they have so far. Will be watching tonight again too.

Sorry I don't meet your criteria of being a "fan"...

Why don't you GFY, while I'm scrounging up schidts to give about what you think...
Pay attention, school is in session.

Baseball 101

Rarely are all 9 guys hitting well at the same time.

Even the simplest baseball fan knows that.

Anymore brilliant predictions?
Pay attention, school is in session.

Baseball 101

Rarely are all 9 guys hitting well at the same time.

Even the simplest baseball fan knows that.

Anymore brilliant predictions?

The day a liberal can take me to school will be the day...

Even the dumbest of asses knows when a team is in a hitting slump.

They may be snapping out, or at least some of them anyway.

Gotta run. Pre-game is on.. grin

I must agree with your assessment of that home plate ump last night. He wasn't as bad as that lard ass Erik Gregg, who robbed Atlanta of the NL Pennant in 1997, but he is the worst ball and strike caller yet, in this post season. He was bad for both teams though.

Facing the best of the best big league pitching, night after night, can make it look as if anyone is in a slump.
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Facing the best of the best big league pitching, night after night, can make it look as if anyone is in a slump.

Right..

So the pitchers in the previous post seasons must have been just horrid.... wink

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Springer has always been a bit streaky. I am not worried about this in the least.
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

Right..

So the pitchers in the previous post seasons must have been just horrid.... wink

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

It would be wise to quit now, you look like a fool.

Pay attention to what okie said.

It would be wise to quit now, you look like a fool.

You just cannot tell a liberal the truth. They are blind to it.

Why don't you go crawl through the same threads and mention the other people that said they need to start hitting, or have been in a hitting slump?

Why single me out? I Gotdamned sure am not the only one that said it...

Or do you shy away from a challenge?
Because the others obviously know nothing about baseball while you pretend to be some kind of expert.
Because the others obviously know nothing about baseball while you pretend to be some kind of expert.

Nah. Not an expert. Just have an opinion. Just like everyone else.

You just can't deal with it because it's different from yours.

I see a .138 avg postseaon this year as a hitting slump. Especially when his career post season avg. is .277.

But, oh... oh.... it's because of the great pitchers. He nor any of the others could ever be in a hitting slump, could they?
Is it okay with everyone here to say that Verlander is in a pitching slump this inning?

Or is it just world class batting?

I want to make sure everyone approves of what I may say on here....

But I'm no expert. whistle
Actually the team post season average is .215

Not great for sure but enough to punch a ticket to the World Series. But hey you can call it what ever you want.
“Pitching slump”

Laffin
“Pitching slump”

Laffin

Well... I wanted to say his "pitching sucked" in the 1st inning. But I knew no matter what I said, you wouldn't approve. laugh
Damn.

Alvarez just "slumped out".

Again.

Good pitchers them Yankees got. laugh
If the Astro’s win tonight, is the Series over ?
A home run right here would tie the game . . . just sayin' grin
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Yes.

Yes.

Good!!! Go Stro’s!!!
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Nah, Springer is a piker! - 10/19/19
Looks like the Stros are getting this one over quick.

I guess they plan to win at home but i dont understand why Verlander is taking the hit.

I guess they think or know they wont need him to wrap this up. whistle

They make a lot of money putting on a show for us nowadays...
Those Yankees got some damn good pitchin' tonight...
I guess youre right, Barry.

A's jump on their best pitcher last night and they jump on our best tonight.

Ver looks good now. I was wondering if he was having a dimocrap day.
I hope Cole's rested up good for tomorrow!
Now would be a good time to start showing those Yankee pitchers who's boss...

'Stros can still pull it out, but it'll take some hitting.
Not looking good for the Stro’s tonight

But they aren't in a hitting slump... laugh

Yankees just got good pitchers.

On a serious note, I hope they do better at home tomorrow. At least we won't have to listen to that damned yankee crowd. wink

But they aren't in a hitting slump... laugh

Yankees just got good pitchers.

On a serious note, I hope they do better at home tomorrow. At least we won't have to listen to that damned yankee crowd. wink

Yep!
I hope Cole's rested up good for tomorrow!

Hinch said it earlier this afternoon and confirmed it just a few minutes ago. Tomorrow is a bull pen day unless someone that can influence Hinch in another direction has a bad dream tonight.
Posted By: callnum Re: Nah, Springer is a piker! - 10/19/19
If you understand what you saw tonight you will realize how good pitching beats good hitting.

Nothing to do with slump nonsense.

Understand how the Yankees pitchers attacked the Astros hitters. Pitch sequence, pitch location and execution.They had a plan and executed it.

Verlander made mistakes in one inning and paid.
If you understand what you saw tonight you will realize how good pitching beats good hitting.

Understand how the Yankees pitchers attacked the Astros hitters. Pitch sequence, pitch location and execution.They had a plan and executed it.

Very well stated.

However, for anyone whose baseball career peaked before they were a teenager, what you just said is hard to understand.
Astros have two or three bullpen pitchers the Yankees have never seen. That favors the Astros. Yankees could counter by starting their closer Chapman, and try to get two or three good innings out of him. These games tend to get out of hand in the first inning, so it makes sense.

Very well stated.

However, for anyone whose baseball career peaked before they were a teenager, what you just said is hard to understand.

Yeah, both of you guys are right.

But first,....Please tell us all about your Pro Baseball careers.

Much to my grandfather's distress, (he played professional baseball), my career ended in high school after my mother was killed, and I had to raise 2 much younger brothers. They didn't turn out worth a damn either... They both became lawyers.

But, you'd better get busy...

You have a huge multitude of sportswriters to troll and ridicule for saying "slump"...

https://www.bing.com/search?q=astros+hitting+slump&pc=MOZI&form=MOZSBR

Better get crackin'.... wink
rockin' dude..... I'm glad you have time on your hands today to Google "slump". I bet the beat writers are having a field day so people like you can sound informed for the other less fortunates. I apologize in advance by saying that I don't have time today to follow a multitude of links. My bad, I'm sure, as you'll probably turn that into a vast knowledge base for yourself to spurt out when needed. laugh

In terms of an Astro hitter in a true slump, one hitter is having one right now. Josh Reddick.

In most of the other situations that you have been trying to exploit to show your baseball knowledge, good pitching has been dominate. Good pitching is something that always raises its head in the payoffs. Its how teams get to the playoffs. Jordan Alvarez is a good example. There is a "book" on him on how to get him out (I'll let you Google it). Pitchers have consistently been doing just what the "book" says to do (good pitching) and it has worked. He has been able to wait pitchers out for a mistake to happen up until now to get a good pitch. Now he's not getting any pitches to hit. Maybe the terrible Yankee pitching that you keep alluding to is better than you thought. And don't fret your Astro stock being in jeopardy, Jordan will adjust and quit chasing good pitching.

Good pitching cause a bunch of "miniature slumps" which aren't necessarily true slumps at all.... I'd write more but I have a plane to catch so I can see a baseball game tonight.
rockin' dude..... I'm glad you have time on your hands today to Google "slump". I bet the beat writers are having a field day so people like you can sound informed for the other less fortunates. I apologize in advance by saying that I don't have time today to follow a multitude of links. My bad, I'm sure, as you'll probably turn that into a vast knowledge base for yourself to spurt out when needed. laugh

In terms of an Astro hitter in a true slump, one hitter is having one right now. Josh Reddick.

In most of the other situations that you have been trying to exploit to show your baseball knowledge, good pitching has been dominate. Good pitching is something that always raises its head in the payoffs. Its how teams get to the playoffs. Jordan Alvarez is a good example. There is a "book" on him on how to get him out (I'll let you Google it). Pitchers have consistently been doing just what the "book" says to do (good pitching) and it has worked. He has been able to wait pitchers out for a mistake to happen up until now to get a good pitch. Now he's not getting any pitches to hit. Maybe the terrible Yankee pitching that you keep alluding to is better than you thought. And don't fret your Astro stock being in jeopardy, Jordan will adjust and quit chasing good pitching.

Good pitching cause a bunch of "miniature slumps" which aren't necessarily true slumps at all.... I'd write more but I have a plane to catch so I can see a baseball game tonight.

I see you did not watch the game. Reddick goes for games without a hit. Then hits 4 in one game. He lacks any kind of consistency. Jordan is being overwhelmed by the play offs. He has watched more than one fast ball down the middle. George has hit under pressure before but not in these playoffs. Hasbeen

laughI see you did not watch the game. laugh Reddick goes for games without a hit. Then hits 4 in one game. He lacks any kind of consistency. Jordan is being overwhelmed by the play offs. He has watched more than one fast ball down the middle. George has hit under pressure before but not in these playoffs. Hasbeen

I see you did not watch the game. Reddick goes for games without a hit. Then hits 4 in one game. He lacks any kind of consistency. Jordan is being overwhelmed by the play offs. He has watched more than one fast ball down the middle. George has hit under pressure before but not in these playoffs. Hasbeen

I sure enjoyed watching Reddick when he was having his hot hitting streak earlier in the season. His avg. got up to 300 or so. Lots of homers too.

Alvarez can't hit his butt with both hands now. He even looks confused at the plate.

good pitching may be part of it. But a good hitter finds a way.

George wasn't so hot last night. But lately he's showing some signs of coming out of his post season slump.

Everyone has their opinion about baseball. That's why discussion is called "Talking baseball.." But personally ridiculing and belittling someone for offering a different view on things is pretty low.

BTW, Bayou, I have not seen you post your major league credentials yet here... Who did you play for? What was your batting average? How many years did you play in pro ball?

I'll wait.

Whats wrong with Bregman?

Man, isnt baseball great? I guess it is why its Americas game. Its kind of like whitetails being Americas most popular big game. Many enjoy both without being asswhole exspurts like some on the fire.

I sure enjoyed watching Reddick when he was having his hot hitting streak earlier in the season. His avg. got up to 300 or so. Lots of homers too.

Alvarez can't hit his butt with both hands now. He even looks confused at the plate.

good pitching may be part of it. But a good hitter finds a way.

George wasn't so hot last night. But lately he's showing some signs of coming out of his post season slump.

Everyone has their opinion about baseball. That's why discussion is called "Talking baseball.." But personally ridiculing and belittling someone for offering a different view on things is pretty low.

BTW, Bayou, I have not seen you post your major league credentials yet here... Who did you play for? What was your batting average? How many years did you play in pro ball?

I'll wait.

Hey, he has good threads and great pics of the outdoors, hunting and fishing.

He and Warren and Occasional Cotex are expurts on all things.

I saw how good the Yankees best pitcher did 2 days ago and how well the Stros best did last night.

The bookies made a killing.

You certainly are an expert.

Why is it you lieberals want to screw everything up. Campfire, USA, 2A, marriage, etc.

Oh, i get it now. Misery loves company. You and your corksucking bud are sure to be in misery for 4 more. grin

I saw how good the Yankees best pitcher did 2 days ago and how well the Stros best did last night.

The bookies made a killing.

You certainly are an expert.

Why is it you lieberals want to screw everything up. Campfire, USA, 2A, marriage, etc.

Oh, i get it now. Misery loves company. You and your corksucking bud are sure to be in misery for 4 more. grin

Jaggy..........even at 30K feet you're as transparent as thin paper. When well in over your head, you typically scream and holler, stamp your feet, and accuse someone else of being a liberal. If you weren't such a great "I Doktor", you could have been a comedian.

Whats wrong with Bregman?

Man, isnt baseball great? I guess it is why its Americas game. Its kind of like whitetails being Americas most popular big game. Many enjoy both without being asswhole exspurts like some on the fire.

I think the Yankees have decided Bregman is not going to beat them. Pitch him trash if he doesn’t bite, walk him.
When Alvarez was hitting behind him and hitting you could not afford a walk. Now it’s just someone stranded on base.
Hasbeen
If the Astros win game 1 it will be because of Springer, for the most part.
Wow, Springer is definitely on the hot seat! grin
© 24hourcampfire