Damn.

Alvarez just "slumped out".

Again.

Good pitchers them Yankees got. laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If the Astro’s win tonight, is the Series over ?

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A home run right here would tie the game . . . just sayin' grin

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Yes.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Yes.

Good!!! Go Stro’s!!!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Looks like the Stros are getting this one over quick.

I guess they plan to win at home but i dont understand why Verlander is taking the hit.

I guess they think or know they wont need him to wrap this up. whistle

They make a lot of money putting on a show for us nowadays...

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Those Yankees got some damn good pitchin' tonight...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
I guess youre right, Barry.

A's jump on their best pitcher last night and they jump on our best tonight.

Ver looks good now. I was wondering if he was having a dimocrap day.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I hope Cole's rested up good for tomorrow!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Now would be a good time to start showing those Yankee pitchers who's boss...

'Stros can still pull it out, but it'll take some hitting.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Not looking good for the Stro’s tonight

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

But they aren't in a hitting slump... laugh

Yankees just got good pitchers.

On a serious note, I hope they do better at home tomorrow. At least we won't have to listen to that damned yankee crowd. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

But they aren't in a hitting slump... laugh

Yankees just got good pitchers.

On a serious note, I hope they do better at home tomorrow. At least we won't have to listen to that damned yankee crowd. wink

Yep!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I hope Cole's rested up good for tomorrow!

Hinch said it earlier this afternoon and confirmed it just a few minutes ago. Tomorrow is a bull pen day unless someone that can influence Hinch in another direction has a bad dream tonight.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
If you understand what you saw tonight you will realize how good pitching beats good hitting.

Nothing to do with slump nonsense.

Understand how the Yankees pitchers attacked the Astros hitters. Pitch sequence, pitch location and execution.They had a plan and executed it.

Verlander made mistakes in one inning and paid.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by callnum
If you understand what you saw tonight you will realize how good pitching beats good hitting.

Understand how the Yankees pitchers attacked the Astros hitters. Pitch sequence, pitch location and execution.They had a plan and executed it.

Very well stated.

However, for anyone whose baseball career peaked before they were a teenager, what you just said is hard to understand.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Astros have two or three bullpen pitchers the Yankees have never seen. That favors the Astros. Yankees could counter by starting their closer Chapman, and try to get two or three good innings out of him. These games tend to get out of hand in the first inning, so it makes sense.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BayouRover
Originally Posted by callnum

Very well stated.

However, for anyone whose baseball career peaked before they were a teenager, what you just said is hard to understand.

Yeah, both of you guys are right.

But first,....Please tell us all about your Pro Baseball careers.

Much to my grandfather's distress, (he played professional baseball), my career ended in high school after my mother was killed, and I had to raise 2 much younger brothers. They didn't turn out worth a damn either... They both became lawyers.

But, you'd better get busy...

You have a huge multitude of sportswriters to troll and ridicule for saying "slump"...

https://www.bing.com/search?q=astros+hitting+slump&pc=MOZI&form=MOZSBR

Better get crackin'.... wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
rockin' dude..... I'm glad you have time on your hands today to Google "slump". I bet the beat writers are having a field day so people like you can sound informed for the other less fortunates. I apologize in advance by saying that I don't have time today to follow a multitude of links. My bad, I'm sure, as you'll probably turn that into a vast knowledge base for yourself to spurt out when needed. laugh

In terms of an Astro hitter in a true slump, one hitter is having one right now. Josh Reddick.

In most of the other situations that you have been trying to exploit to show your baseball knowledge, good pitching has been dominate. Good pitching is something that always raises its head in the payoffs. Its how teams get to the playoffs. Jordan Alvarez is a good example. There is a "book" on him on how to get him out (I'll let you Google it). Pitchers have consistently been doing just what the "book" says to do (good pitching) and it has worked. He has been able to wait pitchers out for a mistake to happen up until now to get a good pitch. Now he's not getting any pitches to hit. Maybe the terrible Yankee pitching that you keep alluding to is better than you thought. And don't fret your Astro stock being in jeopardy, Jordan will adjust and quit chasing good pitching.

Good pitching cause a bunch of "miniature slumps" which aren't necessarily true slumps at all.... I'd write more but I have a plane to catch so I can see a baseball game tonight.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BayouRover
rockin' dude..... I'm glad you have time on your hands today to Google "slump". I bet the beat writers are having a field day so people like you can sound informed for the other less fortunates. I apologize in advance by saying that I don't have time today to follow a multitude of links. My bad, I'm sure, as you'll probably turn that into a vast knowledge base for yourself to spurt out when needed. laugh

In terms of an Astro hitter in a true slump, one hitter is having one right now. Josh Reddick.

In most of the other situations that you have been trying to exploit to show your baseball knowledge, good pitching has been dominate. Good pitching is something that always raises its head in the payoffs. Its how teams get to the playoffs. Jordan Alvarez is a good example. There is a "book" on him on how to get him out (I'll let you Google it). Pitchers have consistently been doing just what the "book" says to do (good pitching) and it has worked. He has been able to wait pitchers out for a mistake to happen up until now to get a good pitch. Now he's not getting any pitches to hit. Maybe the terrible Yankee pitching that you keep alluding to is better than you thought. And don't fret your Astro stock being in jeopardy, Jordan will adjust and quit chasing good pitching.

Good pitching cause a bunch of "miniature slumps" which aren't necessarily true slumps at all.... I'd write more but I have a plane to catch so I can see a baseball game tonight.

I see you did not watch the game. Reddick goes for games without a hit. Then hits 4 in one game. He lacks any kind of consistency. Jordan is being overwhelmed by the play offs. He has watched more than one fast ball down the middle. George has hit under pressure before but not in these playoffs. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

467 members (06hunter59, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 2ndwind, 1badf350, 257 roberts, 48 invisible), 1,771 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,036
Posts18,520,993
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.