Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
Originally Posted by BayouRover
rockin' dude..... I'm glad you have time on your hands today to Google "slump". I bet the beat writers are having a field day so people like you can sound informed for the other less fortunates. I apologize in advance by saying that I don't have time today to follow a multitude of links. My bad, I'm sure, as you'll probably turn that into a vast knowledge base for yourself to spurt out when needed. laugh

In terms of an Astro hitter in a true slump, one hitter is having one right now. Josh Reddick.

In most of the other situations that you have been trying to exploit to show your baseball knowledge, good pitching has been dominate. Good pitching is something that always raises its head in the payoffs. Its how teams get to the playoffs. Jordan Alvarez is a good example. There is a "book" on him on how to get him out (I'll let you Google it). Pitchers have consistently been doing just what the "book" says to do (good pitching) and it has worked. He has been able to wait pitchers out for a mistake to happen up until now to get a good pitch. Now he's not getting any pitches to hit. Maybe the terrible Yankee pitching that you keep alluding to is better than you thought. And don't fret your Astro stock being in jeopardy, Jordan will adjust and quit chasing good pitching.

Good pitching cause a bunch of "miniature slumps" which aren't necessarily true slumps at all.... I'd write more but I have a plane to catch so I can see a baseball game tonight.

laughI see you did not watch the game. laugh Reddick goes for games without a hit. Then hits 4 in one game. He lacks any kind of consistency. Jordan is being overwhelmed by the play offs. He has watched more than one fast ball down the middle. George has hit under pressure before but not in these playoffs. Hasbeen

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

I see you did not watch the game. Reddick goes for games without a hit. Then hits 4 in one game. He lacks any kind of consistency. Jordan is being overwhelmed by the play offs. He has watched more than one fast ball down the middle. George has hit under pressure before but not in these playoffs. Hasbeen

I sure enjoyed watching Reddick when he was having his hot hitting streak earlier in the season. His avg. got up to 300 or so. Lots of homers too.

Alvarez can't hit his butt with both hands now. He even looks confused at the plate.

good pitching may be part of it. But a good hitter finds a way.

George wasn't so hot last night. But lately he's showing some signs of coming out of his post season slump.

Everyone has their opinion about baseball. That's why discussion is called "Talking baseball.." But personally ridiculing and belittling someone for offering a different view on things is pretty low.

BTW, Bayou, I have not seen you post your major league credentials yet here... Who did you play for? What was your batting average? How many years did you play in pro ball?

I'll wait.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
rockin' dude..... I'm glad you have time on your hands today to Google "slump". I bet the beat writers are having a field day so people like you can sound informed for the other less fortunates. I apologize in advance by saying that I don't have time today to follow a multitude of links. My bad, I'm sure, as you'll probably turn that into a vast knowledge base for yourself to spurt out when needed. laugh

In terms of an Astro hitter in a true slump, one hitter is having one right now. Josh Reddick.

In most of the other situations that you have been trying to exploit to show your baseball knowledge, good pitching has been dominate. Good pitching is something that always raises its head in the payoffs. Its how teams get to the playoffs. Jordan Alvarez is a good example. There is a "book" on him on how to get him out (I'll let you Google it). Pitchers have consistently been doing just what the "book" says to do (good pitching) and it has worked. He has been able to wait pitchers out for a mistake to happen up until now to get a good pitch. Now he's not getting any pitches to hit. Maybe the terrible Yankee pitching that you keep alluding to is better than you thought. And don't fret your Astro stock being in jeopardy, Jordan will adjust and quit chasing good pitching.

Good pitching cause a bunch of "miniature slumps" which aren't necessarily true slumps at all.... I'd write more but I have a plane to catch so I can see a baseball game tonight.

I see you did not watch the game. Reddick goes for games without a hit. Then hits 4 in one game. He lacks any kind of consistency. Jordan is being overwhelmed by the play offs. He has watched more than one fast ball down the middle. George has hit under pressure before but not in these playoffs. Hasbeen

Whats wrong with Bregman?

Man, isnt baseball great? I guess it is why its Americas game. Its kind of like whitetails being Americas most popular big game. Many enjoy both without being asswhole exspurts like some on the fire.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

I sure enjoyed watching Reddick when he was having his hot hitting streak earlier in the season. His avg. got up to 300 or so. Lots of homers too.

Alvarez can't hit his butt with both hands now. He even looks confused at the plate.

good pitching may be part of it. But a good hitter finds a way.

George wasn't so hot last night. But lately he's showing some signs of coming out of his post season slump.

Everyone has their opinion about baseball. That's why discussion is called "Talking baseball.." But personally ridiculing and belittling someone for offering a different view on things is pretty low.

BTW, Bayou, I have not seen you post your major league credentials yet here... Who did you play for? What was your batting average? How many years did you play in pro ball?

I'll wait.

Hey, he has good threads and great pics of the outdoors, hunting and fishing.

He and Warren and Occasional Cotex are expurts on all things.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by callnum
If you understand what you saw tonight you will realize how good pitching beats good hitting.

Nothing to do with slump nonsense.

Understand how the Yankees pitchers attacked the Astros hitters. Pitch sequence, pitch location and execution.They had a plan and executed it.

Verlander made mistakes in one inning and paid.

I saw how good the Yankees best pitcher did 2 days ago and how well the Stros best did last night.

The bookies made a killing.

You certainly are an expert.

Why is it you lieberals want to screw everything up. Campfire, USA, 2A, marriage, etc.

Oh, i get it now. Misery loves company. You and your corksucking bud are sure to be in misery for 4 more. grin

Last edited by jaguartx; 10/19/19.

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by callnum
If you understand what you saw tonight you will realize how good pitching beats good hitting.

Nothing to do with slump nonsense.

Understand how the Yankees pitchers attacked the Astros hitters. Pitch sequence, pitch location and execution.They had a plan and executed it.

Verlander made mistakes in one inning and paid.

I saw how good the Yankees best pitcher did 2 days ago and how well the Stros best did last night.

The bookies made a killing.

You certainly are an expert.

Why is it you lieberals want to screw everything up. Campfire, USA, 2A, marriage, etc.

Oh, i get it now. Misery loves company. You and your corksucking bud are sure to be in misery for 4 more. grin

Jaggy..........even at 30K feet you're as transparent as thin paper. When well in over your head, you typically scream and holler, stamp your feet, and accuse someone else of being a liberal. If you weren't such a great "I Doktor", you could have been a comedian.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Whats wrong with Bregman?

Man, isnt baseball great? I guess it is why its Americas game. Its kind of like whitetails being Americas most popular big game. Many enjoy both without being asswhole exspurts like some on the fire.

I think the Yankees have decided Bregman is not going to beat them. Pitch him trash if he doesn’t bite, walk him.
When Alvarez was hitting behind him and hitting you could not afford a walk. Now it’s just someone stranded on base.
Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
If the Astros win game 1 it will be because of Springer, for the most part.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Wow, Springer is definitely on the hot seat! grin

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

498 members (10gaugemag, 1badf350, 219 Wasp, 1Longbow, 160user, 22250rem, 55 invisible), 6,392 guests, and 1,282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,825
Posts18,536,957
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.