Home
Posted By: Armednfree Pain is OK - 10/23/19
Every statin drug I've taken results in some muscular myopathy. Weakness and pain, stiffness. I tell my doctor this and he says I need it anyway because I'm a diabetic. I do not have high cholesterol with an LDL of 84 and an HDL of 51 and a total of 165. Why I need a statin without high cholesterol I don't understand.

So I tell the doctor that it always causes me pain and he says I need to take it anyway. Why is it OK to have pain?

My sister tells me CQ-10 helps with this so I'm going to give it a try.
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: Pain is OK - 10/23/19
Got a relative who works in a lab testing that schit and he says never take them. Turns the test animals' organs to junk.

I am not on board with "cholesterol bad" as its what a lot of your body is made of and its there to repair your arteries. Inflammation is the enemy. More meat and veggies less bread and cereal and sugars.
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: Pain is OK - 10/23/19
i had a discussion more than once with my quack over statins. since they come with a warning not to eat citrus like grapefruit, which i love but can't have because of the statins, why don't i just eat grapefruit? Because we can't measure it properly.
I am diabetic too, which means there are different standards. last time i had it checked i was well within the boundaries for a normal person, but i am not a normal person, i am diabetic, much lower numbers required.
understand what you mean.
few years ago a friend wanted a life insurance policy requiring a blood test. he was worried about the numbers. Talked to his brother, a M.D. who told him to eat a lot of grapefruit. it worked, and it brought the numbers down from when brother had it tested.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Pain is OK - 10/23/19
Good luck, pain is a way of life for me, I just deal with it, it is what it is, I just keep moving and take my vitamins. smile
Posted By: BangPop Re: Pain is OK - 10/23/19
If you have not taken rosuvastatin you should request a script and give it a try. I have no myalgia with it and had all the typical side effects with other statins. Also have you vitamin D level checked.
Posted By: RickyD Re: Pain is OK - 10/23/19
If I was you, I'd just start eating right, if you are not already, and ditch the statin crap. I've been picking up my prescriptions for about a year and not taking a single pill. Maybe I'll sell them in a dark alley sometime. lol.

I'm prescribed BP meds, too, which I buy but don't take, and everytime I go to the doc, my BP is fine. They think it's the pills and I know better. It's me and a proper diet.

I've been bone on bone in one knee for about 30 years. It used to really give me problems sometime and other times, nothing. Then I found an over the counter pill called Instaflex and that cleared up most of my pain for about 10 years. Recently, it's started not to help, so I believe I'll do a full knee replacement soon. When I went into the doc to talk about his, he asked if I'd had any shots in my knee. I hadn't, so he said he could give me one, which wouldn't clear up the source of my pain, but would help for a couple months, so I took one. That shot hurt worse than my knee had been, and didn't help for about a week, then it kicked in and I have no pain whatsoever in that knee now. What I do have though are weird cramps I've never had before not only in that leg but also my hands and left leg. I called to ask if that ever happened and of course they said no, but it does for me and there is nothing else I have added to my diet or body than that shot.

Like about any profession, it's really hard to find a doctor who is both aware, honest, and takes the time and has the abilities to do things right.
Posted By: benchman Re: Pain is OK - 10/23/19
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Got a relative who works in a lab testing that schit and he says never take them. Turns the test animals' organs to junk.

I am not on board with "cholesterol bad" as its what a lot of your body is made of and its there to repair your arteries. Inflammation is the enemy. More meat and veggies less bread and cereal and sugars.

Cholesterol is good stuff. You are correct in your assessment. The medical profession made it bad, because they made a product to sell, that lowered it.
Posted By: Etoh Re: Pain is OK - 10/23/19
cholesterol shares the main molecular structure as all the hormones and steroids in your body, and is the main building block for them,

by itself it is an incredible anti-inflammatory, and like the cortisol in your body works by "covering" the inflammation site. which results in the "plaques".

statins inhibit pathway that finishes the cholesterol structure (acetyl co-A) and this reduction in cholesterol is one of the reasons for pain, (lowered anti-inflammatory process)

grapefruit, among others, inhibit enzymes in the stomach of the cytochrome p450 (CYP 3AY) type which cause an increase in the absorbed concentration of some drugs, thus the warning against them.

Co Q 10 should be taken if you are taking them, (even if your not) It Does work. As well as Vit D, but make sure it is D3 not regular

More of the middle chain fatty acids should be consumed, fish oil 4 times a day is FDA approved for high cholesterol, also coconut oils should be taken.

Unless you are a type I diabetic , the term diabetes is meaningless. It can be controlled better with a "fasting" schedule than any other means.

The reduction in pain from steroid shots, is due to their complete blockage of all bio-chemical process, and will cause a degradation of the bone in those areas. The "leg" pain in the back of the knees and lower "ass" area of the hamstring muscles, is due to shrinkage and non use, because the knee side muscles are not strong enough to support the upper body structure to use the major muscles.

At the latter stage of mens lives, andropause will set in and convert testosterone to estradiol which is cardioprotective by releasing the cholesterol plaques,

This is seen when some doctors have no idea as to the sequence of events in giving testosterone supplements as seen on some of the TV shows aired recently.
Posted By: Ghostinthemachine Re: Pain is OK - 10/23/19
My general view on drugs is that they're all poison to the human body.

I take nothing.
Posted By: Ringman Re: Pain is OK - 10/23/19
I didn't read past your original post. I suggest you get a different doctor.
Etoh...myself and the other diabetics would be all ears about the fasting schedule or any other info you can share. Thanks in advance
Originally Posted by BangPop
If you have not taken rosuvastatin you should request a script and give it a try. I have no myalgia with it and had all the typical side effects with other statins. Also have you vitamin D level checked.

Vit D has about 100 metabolic byproducts, all of which are pharmacologically active. The mechanism is only known on about 10. There is no blood level guideline for any of them.

Its easy to use the 20/20 hindsight in saying that cholesterol was villainized. But hindsight arguments are of one the major logical fallacies in evaluating events. i.e. (straw man argument, etc,)
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
My general view on drugs is that they're all poison to the human body.

I take nothing.

Yes that is correct, all drugs have a safety range, therapeutic range, toxicology profile, etc. But must be remember that hormones are not drugs, regardless of what the gov. says or does.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Pain is OK - 10/23/19
I chugged a fresca with my anti-rejection pills. I didn't die but still...Gawd, old people drink some horrible shît. Ewwww!!

Docs told me no more SunnyD and have to give up Sundrop too.

Both have grapefruit in them.
Etoh...myself and the other diabetics would be all ears about the fasting schedule or any other info you can share. Thanks in advance

Diabetes is mislabeled. It is an immune response. It has nothing to do with sugar, glucose, etc. It is an overload of the messaging system to the transport system of chemicals used in energy production.

It needs rest.

do not trust early morning readings, or use them for planning diets, in fact the term "breakfast is the most important meal of the day" causes more problems. than anything

eat/take vinegar or citrates.

all fruits are fattening, and (an apple a day ect. should be junked with the breakfast saying) the large amounts of fructose are turned to fat in the liver rather than immediately use. and large amts. of xanthines are produced in reducing them, which makes gout crystals.
I could read your posts all day long.

Great stuff.
Well my pancreas does not produce insulin anymore due to being on a medicine that stimulates it to make more for about 8 years. Doc says it got burnt out basically.

I take 20 units of fast acting insulin after eating and 70 time released units at night before bed.

Been a long strange trip for sure. I can't seem to lose weight and I feel like hell all the time.

I drink zero sugar and put zero sugar on food. I cannot seem to get away from bread completely but when I did my numbers were quite good.
Glucovance was the drug I was trying to remember
Posted By: hookeye Re: Pain is OK - 10/23/19
My blood sugar is fine. Am not diabetic. Am pnly on OTC allergy meds.

I hurt all over 24/7.

Golden years are gonna suck I reckon.
Go on a meat and salad diet for a month. No bread no sugar. Betcha feel better regardless of what blood sugar says.
Posted By: Stickfight Re: Pain is OK - 10/23/19
Yes goy, take a drug to counter with the side effects of a drug you take to counter your lifestyle choices.
Go on a meat and salad diet for a month. No bread no sugar. Betcha feel better regardless of what blood sugar says.

When I was on the Keto diet I can honestly say I've never felt better...both physically and emotionally.

I really need to get back on it.
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Yes goy, take a drug to counter with the side effects of a drug you take to counter your lifestyle choices.

Yes this has become the fate of modern medicine.
Posted By: joken2 Re: Pain is OK - 10/23/19

A few years back my wife was told her that her annual routine blood test results showed "slightly" elevated cholesterol level and was given a prescription for at that time one of if not the most expensive new brand name cholesterol lowering drugs on the market with no generic equivalent available.

Her MD worked out of a satellite clinic, one of several managed by a local hospital with a reputation for some questionable ethical practices.

With all the cholesterol lowering pharmaceuticals with generic equivalents readily available at substantially less cost the only conclusion I could come up with as to why her MD prescribed that particular new name branded drug for her "slightly" elevated cholesterol level was this:

Pharmaceutical Fraud: What are Kickback Schemes?

Big Pharma Pays Doctors and Hospitals to Prescribe Drugs – Does YOUR Doctor Take Kickbacks?

Do Drug Company Payments to Doctors Influence Which Drugs They Prescribe?
Hell if I could make a lifestyle choice to not be diabetic i would.

I used to think it was a fat person thing. It ain't in most cases.
Well my pancreas does not produce insulin anymore due to being on a medicine that stimulates it to make more for about 8 years. Doc says it got burnt out basically.

I take 20 units of fast acting insulin after eating and 70 time released units at night before bed.

Been a long strange trip for sure. I can't seem to lose weight and I feel like hell all the time.

I drink zero sugar and put zero sugar on food. I cannot seem to get away from bread completely but when I did my numbers were quite good.

try changing the type of bread, no yeast and made mostly from seeds.
The next step in this area of medicine will be drugs "reverse" the rejections of miscoded insulin.

and also bio-active materials that contain, analogs of replicated insulin for time release applications
So...its not that my cells dont use insulin right...it's that they can't recognize it?
Posted By: justsaymoe Re: Pain is OK - 10/23/19
Originally Posted by Armednfree
Every statin drug I've taken results in some muscular myopathy. Weakness and pain, stiffness. I tell my doctor this and he says I need it anyway because I'm a diabetic. I do not have high cholesterol with an LDL of 84 and an HDL of 51 and a total of 165. Why I need a statin without high cholesterol I don't understand.

So I tell the doctor that it always causes me pain and he says I need to take it anyway. Why is it OK to have pain?

Have you tried pravastatin or rosuvustatin? they are both water soluble (as opposed to fat soluble). I take pravastatin now and have no ill effects. Zocor (fat soluble) was bad for me. CQ10 is cheap and worth a try.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Pain is OK - 10/23/19

Afaic if its causing pain it's probably causing muscle destruction. Is he running around with your wife? wink

I wouldnt take it. Mine is high, but my buddy dr recs the risks outweigh the benefits.

I was interested because statins help destroy beta amyloid, a component of plaque in dementia.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Pain is OK - 10/23/19

I have to agree 100%. Sugar and wheat are prime enemies of the human body. I love doughnuts and am still suffering emotional withdrawal. frown
Posted By: victoro Re: Pain is OK - 10/23/19
"So I tell the doctor that it always causes me pain and he says I need to take it anyway. Why is it OK to have pain?
My sister tells me CQ-10 helps with this so I'm going to give it a try."

Is this a GP or a cardiologist? He should have told you to take CoQ10 when he wrote the first Statin prescription. If it is your GP you should get checked out by a cardiologist ASAP. I quit taking Statin drugs many years ago because of extreme fatigue. My best friend who will be 80 in July is a diabetic could never take Statin drugs because of leg pain. Instead of prescribing statin drugs the researchers should be investigating what causes artery inflammation and how to reduce that inflammation. LDL just attaches to inflamed arteries to protect them like it's supposed to. My cardiologist just tells me to exercise a lot and not get fat. We did talk about the cholesterol lowering shots last year (my insurance doesn't pay for them). I told him the only way anybody would be able to give me a cholesterol lowering shot was if they shot me with a tranquilizer dart first.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Pain is OK - 10/23/19
Originally Posted by luv2safari

I have to agree 100%. Sugar and wheat are prime enemies of the human body. I love doughnuts and am still suffering emotional withdrawal. frown

Deepfried bread that is coated in sugar.........what on earth could be any better?
Posted By: slumlord Re: Pain is OK - 10/23/19
If OP's HDL is 51

Then I would say, OP- stop taking that chit.

All youre doing is helping the doctor kiss the pharm rep's ass for plane tickets to Sandals.
Posted By: victoro Re: Pain is OK - 10/23/19
"Every statin drug I've taken results in some muscular myopathy."

You should stop taking statin drugs before it destroys your kidneys. One of my friends was taking a mega dose of Lipitor and niacin at the same time. The makers of Lipitor said to NEVER take niacin with Lipitor because it greatly increases your chance of muscular myopathy which could destroy your kidneys. He asked his Doc about it and was told that it was worth the risk. I asked him "What kind of risk is your Doc taking?" Before my friend died the was taking 18 prescription drugs.
Posted By: plainsman456 Re: Pain is OK - 10/23/19
The Doctor would have to explain to me just why he/she wants me to take anything.

They put me on statins years ago but they left me with out any energy at all.

Did them for 6 weeks without any change but wanted me to keep taking them.

I quit after my good friend's Dad came down with liver cancer,he had been taking them for years.

His Mom was also on the same meds so she got to looking for another way to lower the bad cholesterol.

She found that eating walnuts,a 1/4 cup a day would lower it so i tried it.

In 2 weeks i felt better and at the next 6 week blood draw it was down to normal limits.

Have not had a draw in all or the years since that had a high anything.
Posted By: tdbob Re: Pain is OK - 10/23/19
Even though there's a tremendous amount of science backing medicine, it's still more of an art rather than science. A patient is nothing more than a lab rat or guinea pig until the doc figures out how to treat their patient. Bad medicine is the third leading cause of death.
Posted By: papat Re: Pain is OK - 10/23/19
All docs get paid for writing scrips. Eat right. Avoid putting unnecessary things in you. We only last so long anyway.
Originally Posted by joken2

A few years back my wife was told her that her annual routine blood test results showed "slightly" elevated cholesterol level and was given a prescription for at that time one of if not the most expensive new brand name cholesterol lowering drugs on the market with no generic equivalent available.

Her MD worked out of a satellite clinic, one of several managed by a local hospital with a reputation for some questionable ethical practices.

With all the cholesterol lowering pharmaceuticals with generic equivalents readily available at substantially less cost the only conclusion I could come up with as to why her MD prescribed that particular new name branded drug for her "slightly" elevated cholesterol level was this:

Pharmaceutical Fraud: What are Kickback Schemes?

Big Pharma Pays Doctors and Hospitals to Prescribe Drugs – Does YOUR Doctor Take Kickbacks?

[url=https://health.usnews.com/health-care/patient-advice/articles/2018-08-31/do-drug-company-payments-to-doctors-influence-which-drugs-they-prescribe]Do Drug Company Payments to Doctors Influence Which Drugs They Prescribe?[/ur

the kickbacks to MDs has been dead for quite awhile. The problem today is the rebates made to insurance companies for putting a drug on the approved list, rather than the way the doc wants it.

Repatha is a good example, none will approve the drug with jumping thru a lot of hoops
Hell if I could make a lifestyle choice to not be diabetic i would.

I used to think it was a fat person thing. It ain't in most cases.

Most late mature onset diabetics are fat.
So...its not that my cells dont use insulin right...it's that they can't recognize it?

Yes, the biggest cause of this problem is "snacking"
Originally Posted by justsaymoe

Have you tried pravastatin or rosuvustatin? they are both water soluble (as opposed to fat soluble). I take pravastatin now and have no ill effects. Zocor (fat soluble) was bad for me. CQ10 is cheap and worth a try.

if you are going to take a statin, use the combinations like Vytorin etc. far better product.
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Afaic if its causing pain it's probably causing muscle destruction. Is he running around with your wife? wink

I wouldnt take it. Mine is high, but my buddy dr recs the risks outweigh the benefits.

I was interested because statins help destroy beta amyloid, a component of plaque in dementia.

amyloids are protein structure, statins cause the build of the intermediary, this is a heavy area of current controversy.
Originally Posted by luv2safari

Sugar is absolutely necessary for energy, its the continual "challenging" of the pancreas by all substances that is bad

wheat is bad because the outer shells even when ground contain leptins which are proteins that "repel" insects and birds, and cause inflammation response, and amyloid build up.
Originally Posted by victoro
"So I tell the doctor that it always causes me pain and he says I need to take it anyway. Why is it OK to have pain?
My sister tells me CQ-10 helps with this so I'm going to give it a try."

Is this a GP or a cardiologist? He should have told you to take CoQ10 when he wrote the first Statin prescription. If it is your GP you should get checked out by a cardiologist ASAP. I quit taking Statin drugs many years ago because of extreme fatigue. My best friend who will be 80 in July is a diabetic could never take Statin drugs because of leg pain. Instead of prescribing statin drugs the researchers should be investigating what causes artery inflammation and how to reduce that inflammation. LDL just attaches to inflamed arteries to protect them like it's supposed to. My cardiologist just tells me to exercise a lot and not get fat. We did talk about the cholesterol lowering shots last year (my insurance doesn't pay for them). I told him the only way anybody would be able to give me a cholesterol lowering shot was if they shot me with a tranquilizer dart first.

its more of an iv drip, you made need several darts.
Originally Posted by plainsman456
The Doctor would have to explain to me just why he/she wants me to take anything.

They put me on statins years ago but they left me with out any energy at all.

Did them for 6 weeks without any change but wanted me to keep taking them.

I quit after my good friend's Dad came down with liver cancer,he had been taking them for years.

His Mom was also on the same meds so she got to looking for another way to lower the bad cholesterol.

She found that eating walnuts,a 1/4 cup a day would lower it so i tried it.

In 2 weeks i felt better and at the next 6 week blood draw it was down to normal limits.

Have not had a draw in all or the years since that had a high anything.

Cholesterol is actually calcium cholesterol in the plaque form

Walnuts contain large amounts of oxalic acid, which chelates and removes Ca from your system just as it does for most of the plant world.

its the best free radical scavenger there is for biological systems. daily walnuts should be de rigor, (rigor, not nigor)
Originally Posted by tdbob
Even though there's a tremendous amount of science backing medicine, it's still more of an art rather than science. A patient is nothing more than a lab rat or guinea pig until the doc figures out how to treat their patient. Bad medicine is the third leading cause of death.

another view point;

patient walks into the docs room, doc says the best thing I do for you is tell you to stop smoking,

Do the people listen.?

so if people started listening instead of hearing, it would go along ways on both sides.
Originally Posted by tdbob

patients not being compliant is the second leading cause of death.
So...no snacking. But then I have an insulin spike after fasting several times a day...?
Posted By: WhiteTail48 Re: Pain is OK - 10/24/19
CBD oil, should now be legal in your state.
Posted By: Etoh Re: Pain is OK - 10/24/19
fasting is usually a little longer than that, from dinner to next meal around 10 hours.

also depends on how you have managed the problem up to this point and what meds you are on. the term diabetes should only be used for non producers of insulin, the better term would be insulin resistant

if you are on some of the longer acting insulins to get thru the nite, you are in a different group than those that manage with Metformin, or dietary methods. obviously
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48

Or put a sign in your drive way, saying "Deposit old prescription drugs here" and get a PDR
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: Pain is OK - 10/24/19
Jeez sounds like I'm screwed
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: Pain is OK - 10/24/19
I take 4 500mg metformin a day. Insulin. Lisinopril for kidney protection.
Posted By: 348srfun Re: Pain is OK - 10/24/19
A Dr told me years ago that Lipitor was removing what is basically a lubricant between the muscle fibers and that is the cause of the pain. CO Q 10 solved that problem fairly fast. I found it at one of those stores that sells everything for a dollar the other day. I just wish there was a source of the truth about all these medications we take and their interaction with each other and your body.

My dad had extremely high cholesterol levels and a bad heart attack. The Dr put me on medication and told me to eat all the complex carbs I wanted. Stay away from fats. In the back of my mind I'm thinking that is the cause of my type 2 diabetes. Now I have to avoid carbs so I eat the things that cause high cholesterol. Catch 22 is a phrase that often comes to mind. Sometimes I feel like talking to a Dr is like listening to the news. You hear him talking but you are not sure he is getting all the facts right. I have no faith in the pharmaceutical companies at all. They are trying to make money not cure people.
Posted By: sse Re: Pain is OK - 10/24/19
little confused on the take away here
Posted By: justsaymoe Re: Pain is OK - 10/24/19
Originally Posted by Etoh

if you are going to take a statin, use the combinations like Vytorin etc. far better product.

Vytorin has Zocor/simvastatin in it.....no thanks
Posted By: justsaymoe Re: Pain is OK - 10/24/19

Or put a sign in your drive way, saying "Deposit old prescription drugs here" and get a PDR

PDR is nothing but package inserts. You can get them on the net for free.
Posted By: blindshooter Re: Pain is OK - 10/24/19
Originally Posted by victoro
"Every statin drug I've taken results in some muscular myopathy."

You should stop taking statin drugs before it destroys your kidneys. One of my friends was taking a mega dose of Lipitor and niacin at the same time. The makers of Lipitor said to NEVER take niacin with Lipitor because it greatly increases your chance of muscular myopathy which could destroy your kidneys. He asked his Doc about it and was told that it was worth the risk. I asked him "What kind of risk is your Doc taking?" Before my friend died the was taking 18 prescription drugs.

5 or 6 years back my kidney numbers started going bad, Doc had a bunch of tests done with nothing conclusive. Stopped all the ibuprofen and aspirin. No change. Then stopped the zocor I'd been on for years and inside of 30 days all tests were back to normal except for the cholesterol going back up. Ended up on pravastatin, so far tests are good. Without a statin my total cholesterol would be in the 400's. Heart problems killed most of the males on my fathers side of the family, he had a bad one at 47 but with surgery and later implanted defibrillators lived to 73. So I think the upside of statins outweigh the bad for me.
Originally Posted by 348srfun
A Dr told me years ago that Lipitor was removing what is basically a lubricant between the muscle fibers and that is the cause of the pain. CO Q 10 solved that problem fairly fast. I found it at one of those stores that sells everything for a dollar the other day. I just wish there was a source of the truth about all these medications we take and their interaction with each other and your body.

My dad had extremely high cholesterol levels and a bad heart attack. The Dr put me on medication and told me to eat all the complex carbs I wanted. Stay away from fats. In the back of my mind I'm thinking that is the cause of my type 2 diabetes. Now I have to avoid carbs so I eat the things that cause high cholesterol. Catch 22 is a phrase that often comes to mind. Sometimes I feel like talking to a Dr is like listening to the news. You hear him talking but you are not sure he is getting all the facts right. I have no faith in the pharmaceutical companies at all. They are trying to make money not cure people.

There is a source of truth, problem is -- its all relative.

combination proudct, tox. profile different, clinical stats. are far better---- your choice

PDR is nothing but package inserts. You can get them on the net for free.

Yes but there all in one place. (All package inserts are the information required by the FDA and as such, are standardized in format, which at least allows an apples/apples comparison)
WebMD is pretty close. to inserts, and accurate
Posted By: Armednfree Re: Pain is OK - 10/24/19

It is, but may include a traceable amount of THC. Since there is little regulation one lot may, and the next may not. I am a corrections officer and I do get randomly drug tested. There is no tolerance at all (unless you are connected and black, which means you get a call and are told your number is up, allegedly).
Posted By: 280shooter Re: Pain is OK - 10/28/19
Exercising religiously and vigorously cure lots of ills. As Etoh pointed out, the Docs hand out the pills because most are too lazy to change their lifestyle. For those who are willing to change, their health will change as well.

A lifelong friend and former world-class wrestler was using 87 units of insulin per day about a year and a half ago. He started cross-training hard at 59 years old. 2 months ago he was down to 7 units per day.

I just left my hunting partner's house. His wife was prescribed Metformin 6 months ago. She changed her lifestyle, bought one of those fancy workout bikes with the TV screen on it, and her blood work is now well below the bad levels. She had the prescription filled, but just set the bottle where she could see it daily as an incentive. Her Doc was very surprised that she never took it and said that most, in his experience could do the same with some hard work.
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: Pain is OK - 10/28/19
i just got back this morning from the quack. I was expecting the worst. Most i got was a flu shot.
BP normal, he confirmed after me testing four times a day my blood sugars were back down.
A common assumption is diabetes eat a lot, thats what makes them fat.
i got a fat gut too, and i can tell with certainly i eat much less than the regular person.
a doctor told me one time i store energy efficiently, and this goes back to my ancestory, and if you didn't do this,
lots of times in the wintertime starvation.
I had a come to Jesus moment about a month ago, high readings all the way around.
was able to bring it back down when i started checking my blood sugar reading four times a day, and with the addition of humolog U100 lispro before main meals.
It's a constant battle for all diabetics.
i like to tell the doctor my dad died from a heart attack at 62. He was a hypertensive diabetic. I have beat him ten years so far age wise.
The real issue for me is i could probably survive easily on about 1000 calories a day.
Posted By: Etoh Re: Pain is OK - 10/28/19
Originally Posted by 280shooter
Exercising religiously and vigorously cure lots of ills. As Etoh pointed out, the Docs hand out the pills because most are too lazy to change their lifestyle. For those who are willing to change, their health will change as well.

A lifelong friend and former world-class wrestler was using 87 units of insulin per day about a year and a half ago. He started cross-training hard at 59 years old. 2 months ago he was down to 7 units per day.

I just left my hunting partner's house. His wife was prescribed Metformin 6 months ago. She changed her lifestyle, bought one of those fancy workout bikes with the TV screen on it, and her blood work is now well below the bad levels. She had the prescription filled, but just set the bottle where she could see it daily as an incentive. Her Doc was very surprised that she never took it and said that most, in his experience could do the same with some hard work.

Religiously is the key word here

Exercising usually fails as a weight loss, or a reset biological clocks, because it is stopped and the basal metabolic rate returns to its previous problematic settings. Thus negating all that "work"

That is why fasting is the magic, it doesn't change as it resets the biological clocks. The basal metabolic rate remains constant , but the production of the necessary hormones, cortisol, thyroid, insulin changes.
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
i just got back this morning from the quack. I was expecting the worst. Most i got was a flu shot.
BP normal, he confirmed after me testing four times a day my blood sugars were back down.
A common assumption is diabetes eat a lot, thats what makes them fat.
i got a fat gut too, and i can tell with certainly i eat much less than the regular person.
a doctor told me one time i store energy efficiently, and this goes back to my ancestory, and if you didn't do this,
lots of times in the wintertime starvation.
I had a come to Jesus moment about a month ago, high readings all the way around.
was able to bring it back down when i started checking my blood sugar reading four times a day, and with the addition of humolog U100 lispro before main meals.
It's a constant battle for all diabetics.
i like to tell the doctor my dad died from a heart attack at 62. He was a hypertensive diabetic. I have beat him ten years so far age wise.
The real issue for me is i could probably survive easily on about 1000 calories a day.

diabetics do get accused of eating a lot, but the weight gain is do to the rechanneling of fructose back to the liver to be deposited as fat. this is amplified by the desensitizing of the cells to insulin, thus requiring more insulin to do the same "job". Glucose is the main focus of current diabetic therapy and is so far off base, this mentality causes more problems than it solves.
your tummy roll is caused by the deposition of these converted sugars, not just glucose,(actually its not even a problem) by the conversion of excess testosterone to estrone or E1 rather than estradiol or E2

1000-1500 cal would work if you were using whey protein, and olive oil and MCT (middle chain fatty acids) more energy in energy calories, than equal sugars. (calories is a poor descriptor of any food value, as it gives no indication of the metabolic pathway used)
Do not under estimate the drug Metformin.

If there were a miracle drug this is it.

It is an insulin resistance drug, not a diabetic drug. exercise has nothing to do with it. Snacking has everything to do with it.
Posted By: Burleyboy Re: Pain is OK - 10/28/19
I thought LDLs caused heart disease not cholesterol. A dr told me ldls embed in the artery walls and cause inflammation that leads to plaque.

Bb
Posted By: Miss_Lynn Re: Pain is OK - 10/28/19

Because apparently it reminds you that you are alive and it makes you stronger, according to so called experts not usually named in their quotes.

I do not have high cholesterol, got shoved statins because I am diabetic, according to the young idiot female doctor I had 20 some odd years ago. Took them till I hurt, about 3 months, went to see our local old tyme doctor, asked him how to fix the pain, he said throw away the statins, and I did. Pain disappeared not long after.

Twenty some odd years later, no high cholesterol EVER.

Throw them away ! and live !

Lynn
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I thought LDLs caused heart disease not cholesterol. A dr told me ldls embed in the artery walls and cause inflammation that leads to plaque.

Bb

chicken and egg problem unless you believe in parthenogenesis

actual cause is low thyroid which causes a decrease in metabolic rate, causing decrease in metabolism of fatty acids, which causes.

its good to keep in mind the body is not a container that has a drop in point and and exit out point. all the biological systems in the body are "coded" into each other, and most of the chemical reactions are equilibrium equations and reactions, and one chemical , particularly hormones can go back and forth along that metabolic pathway.

if your interested, most enzymatic pathways are 3rd order hysteresis equations, (gear slop if your a mechanical engineer) and the equilibrium is called a "basis of attraction" by math guys,, and was renamed homostatics by medical people. tell the doc that next time you see him.
Originally Posted by Miss_Lynn

Because apparently it reminds you that you are alive and it makes you stronger, according to so called experts not usually named in their quotes.

I do not have high cholesterol, got shoved statins because I am diabetic, according to the young idiot female doctor I had 20 some odd years ago. Took them till I hurt, about 3 months, went to see our local old tyme doctor, asked him how to fix the pain, he said throw away the statins, and I did. Pain disappeared not long after.

Twenty some odd years later, no high cholesterol EVER.

Throw them away ! and live !

Lynn

This may be good advice if someone has exactly the same biological conditions as you do. But more than likely this not the entire picture. It is better to get a second opinion

The fact is statins save lives. period.

(not to say that it cant by done another way)
Posted By: Burleyboy Re: Pain is OK - 10/28/19
Originally Posted by Burleyboy

Bb

chicken and egg problem unless you believe in parthenogenesis

actual cause is low thyroid which causes a decrease in metabolic rate, causing decrease in metabolism of fatty acids, which causes.

its good to keep in mind the body is not a container that has a drop in point and and exit out point. all the biological systems in the body are "coded" into each other, and most of the chemical reactions are equilibrium equations and reactions, and one chemical , particularly hormones can go back and forth along that metabolic pathway.

if your interested, most enzymatic pathways are 3rd order hysteresis equations, (gear slop if your a mechanical engineer) and the equilibrium is called a "basis of attraction" by math guys,, and was renamed homostatics by medical people. tell the doc that next time you see him.

I've had low thyroid for 20 years. Does that put me at high risk for heart disease?

Bb
Posted By: Etoh Re: Pain is OK - 10/29/19
everyone is at risk for heart disease.

define high risk,

do you have other, things going on, smoking, diet problem, insulin resistance. etc. everybodys, different , while humans are pretty much the same physiologically, the operate within a very narrow range of latitude called healthy.

Todays medicine is called "evidence based medicine". Because of the development of clinical lab testing, and accepted medical protocols, the "diagnosis" is an algorithm, that can be performed by less trained people to get the cost down. In the near future artificial intelligence algorithms will replace that.

Drugs used to be combinations of many ingredients with many drugs, augmenting the other drugs." Modern" medicine wants single entity drugs. Doc yells when I give the drug I want to know its going to only affect the disease state by an amount I can accurately measure. After 50 years of this there is yet to be found a drug having only 1 pharmacological action. But having it tested for that "one" action allows patent rights. (if approved etc. etc.)

every one has low thyroid. there is no test for thyroid, its for THS which has nothing to do with the ratio of T4 and T3 in your body. T4 isn't active the way T3 is and is converted on sight to T3 as the need arises.

Doc to patient. "we got your test results back", guy says, what? I got my testicles, doc yells test results, and says your normal for your age. Guy yells back "I don't want normal for my age I want the energy of a 25 year old". get my drift.
side note, even T4 is converted to 2 forms of T3. an isomer called rt3 (reverse or racemic t3, which is nonactive) and t3.

next time at the docs tell him you want a t4 level and an rt3/t3 ratio level not a TSH.
Posted By: JOG Re: Pain is OK - 10/29/19
Not like MORE evidence is needed...

Pediatricians raise concern over sweeteners linked to diabetes, obesity
Look for more information on replacement statin therapy involving iron.

Goes back to the Krebs cycle, which is the basic pathway that gets screwed up, this is where CoQ10 is found and why it works to alleviate some of the side effects.

This basic pathway is the metabolic link between the acidosis side of diabetes and cholesterol, or LDL if you want to be specific.

Not enough of essential micronutrients in todays foods. Iodine, Lithium, Selenium, pantothenic acid etc.
© 24hourcampfire