Home
Posted By: watch4bear Thiose crazy Catholics - 10/29/19
A South Carolina Catholic priest denied Holy Communion to presidential candidate Joe Biden on Sunday, because of the candidate’s support for legal abortion.
Fr. Robert Morey, pastor of St. Anthony Catholic Church in the Diocese of Charleston, South Carolina, denied Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden Holy Communion at Sunday Mass for his support of legal abortion, the Florence Morning News reported Monday.

"Sadly, this past Sunday, I had to refuse Holy Communion to former Vice President Joe Biden,” Morey said in a statement he sent CNA Oct 28.
“Holy Communion signifies we are one with God, each other and the Church. Our actions should reflect that. Any public figure who advocates for abortion places himself or herself outside of Church teaching.

Canon 915 of the Code of Canon Law states that “Those who have been excommunicated or interdicted after the imposition or declaration of the penalty and others obstinately persevering in manifest grave sin are not to be admitted to holy communion.”

Then-Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger wrote a memorandum to the U.S. Catholic bishops in 2004, explaining the application of Canon Law 915 to the reception of Holy Communion.

The memorandum stated that “the minister of Holy Communion may find himself in the situation where he must refuse to distribute Holy Communion to someone, such as in cases of a declared excommunication, a declared interdict, or an obstinate persistence in manifest grave sin.”
The case of a “Catholic politician” who is “consistently campaigning and voting for permissive abortion and euthanasia laws” would constitute “formal cooperation” in grave sin that is “manifest,” the letter continued.

In such cases, “his Pastor should meet with him, instructing him about the Church’s teaching, informing him that he is not to present himself for Holy Communion until he brings to an end the objective situation of sin, and warning him that he will otherwise be denied the Eucharist,” Ratzinger wrote.
Then, he continued, when the individual perseveres in grave sin and still presents himself for Holy Communion, "the minister of Holy Communion must refuse to distribute it," Ratzinger wrote.

“As a priest, it is my responsibility to minister to those souls entrusted to my care, and I must do so even in the most difficult situations,” Morey said.
While not supporting taxpayer funding of abortion as much as other presidential candidates, Biden’s campaign platform would seek to “codify” Roe v. Wade.
At a Planned Parenthood event this summer, Biden promised to “eliminate all of the changes that this President made” to family planning programs, according to POLITICO, and said he would increase funding of Planned Parenthood, the nation’s largest abortion provider.

In recent months Biden reversed course on the Hyde Amendment, once supporting the policy that protects taxpayer dollars from funding abortions and now opposing it.
“I will keep Mr. Biden in my prayers,” Morey's statement concluded.

https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/biden-reportedly-denied-communion-at-sc-parish-94362
Posted By: Gus Re: Thiose crazy Catholics - 10/29/19
if'n everybody with an ounce of concern about being a human down here on the face of the earth would get together, we could tighten things up.

you know, lower taxes, stop crime in the streets, outlaw illegal activities of all kinds with enforcement to achieve our goals.

sometimes when things are austere or promising to become so, rule by the iron fist might be the next best alternative?
Great post.
I am a Protestant 1000 percent.
I commend the RC when they uphold the eternal moral law of God, Thou Shalt Do No Murder.
Originally Posted by Gus
if'n everybody with an ounce of concern about being a human down here on the face of the earth would get together, we could tighten things up.

you know, lower taxes, stop crime in the streets, outlaw illegal activities of all kinds with enforcement to achieve our goals.

sometimes when things are austere or promising to become so, rule by the iron fist might be the next best alternative?

Ha!
If so...
I vote Cromwell!
Originally Posted by Robert_White
Originally Posted by Gus

Ha!
If so...
I vote Cromwell!

whom is this cromwell dude i have heard spoken of every so often.

a breif one sentence summary would be very helpful.

was he all for the ownership of swords, or not?
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Thiose crazy Catholics - 10/29/19
Then they should also ban Pelosi and every other catholic in Congress who votes the same way.
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Then they should also ban Pelosi and every other catholic in Congress who votes the same way.

get real, trooper.

they ain't gonna do that.

that'd dilute their power base.

we have religion and also politics.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Thiose crazy Catholics - 10/29/19
I really DGAF..
Posted By: watch4bear Re: Thiose crazy Catholics - 10/29/19

how so?
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Thiose crazy Catholics - 10/29/19
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by Gus

Ha!
If so...
I vote Cromwell!

Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: Thiose crazy Catholics - 10/29/19

Amen.

And 'bout time for Biden.
Posted By: DHN Re: Thiose crazy Catholics - 10/29/19

According to OAN today, Pelosi was denied communion on the same basis, over three years ago. I guess it wasn't newsworthy when Obummer was POTUS.
Originally Posted by watch4bear

how so?

you don't think the various religious clans don't have a vested interest in the power relationships at the congressional level?

just askin'
you don't think the various religious clans don't have a vested interest in the power relationships at the congressional level

explain, give some examples please
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by Gus

Ha!
If so...
I vote Cromwell!

Do not mention his name in a Dublin bar!
He beheaded Charles the first and invaded Ireland.
Among other things! Ha!
Sometimes I wonder about the redemptive affect of men like him. Like you.
Your Covenanter DNA recoils!

I agree.
Interdict.
Make them grovel at Canossa.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Thiose crazy Catholics - 10/29/19
Paul said to not take communion unworthily, with unrepented sin on your head. That's between each man and his Lord and no priest has the right to interfere.

1 Cor 11:26 For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes.
27 Therefore, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord.
28 A man ought to examine himself before he eats of the bread and drinks of the cup.
29 For anyone who eats and drinks without recognizing the body of the Lord eats and drinks judgment on himself.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Thiose crazy Catholics - 10/29/19
Shoulda gave him " The Body of Christ" with a little bit of Ricin on it.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Paul said to not take communion unworthily, with unrepented sin on your head. That's between each man and his Lord and no priest has the right to interfere.

1 Cor 11:26 For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes.
27 Therefore, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord.
28 A man ought to examine himself before he eats of the bread and drinks of the cup.
29 For anyone who eats and drinks without recognizing the body of the Lord eats and drinks judgment on himself.

But...
There is church discipline and refusal of the table to notorious unrepentant documented habitual sinners, like murder, adultery, sodomy, theft, etc
you don't think the various religious clans don't have a vested interest in the power relationships at the congressional level

i ain't much into political science and related analysis.

look at the makeup of the house and senate and the mbrshp.

what are their backgrounds? there's a summary somewheres maybe?

if they belong to a group, they're influenced by the group. how much? i don't know.

but it's there, and we all know it. can it be quantified? well, it could be estimated for better or worse.

personally, i wouldn't want to be asked to worship a god that controls a country that doesn't meet my needs??

use the constitution as your guide. wink

What does the Constitution have to do with our government, nowadays?

"The Constitution is no threat to our form of government."
----Joe Sobran, Roman Catholic
Originally Posted by jfruser

What does the Constitution have to do with our government, nowadays?

"The Constitution is no threat to our form of government."
----Joe Sobran, Roman Catholic

thank you!

the court has taken over the control of the piece of paper from back in the day.

sad but true.

but it's where we are. love it or hate it.

i don't wish to afend anyone. but we're here now.
Posted By: antlers Re: Thiose crazy Catholics - 10/29/19
That's between each man and his Lord, and no priest has the right to interfere.

Agreed. Wholeheartedly.
Posted By: Quak Re: Thiose crazy Catholics - 10/29/19
Disagree wholeheartedly

Somehow it doesn't work that way. I do know a few liberals that frequent the Baptist church. I have called them out on that and their response has never been pretty.
Posted By: 22250rem Re: Thiose crazy Catholics - 10/30/19
I don't blame the priest, cause I can't stand that lying P.O.S. either. Far as I'm concerned him & Pelosi and a few other dems ought to get excommunicated.
Posted By: watch4bear Re: Thiose crazy Catholics - 10/30/19
dems ought to get excommunicated.

I wonder if the devils pissed at the dems for stealing his platform? grin
Posted By: Starman Re: Thiose crazy Catholics - 10/30/19

But...
There is church discipline and refusal of the table to notorious unrepentant documented habitual sinners, like murder, adultery,
sodomy, theft, etc

Vatican has gone to great lengths to protect their brandname by harboring covering -up and even providing new hunting ground
parishes for their serial offending pedophile clergy around the globe, whilst denying it all with powerful lawyers to speak for them
and suppressing victims.

the fact they reject a worm like Biden on principle is comical.

Paul said to not take communion unworthily, with unrepented sin on your head.

That's between each man and his Lord and no priest has the right to interfere.

nothing new about 'power' going to a priests head.

Posted By: stevelyn Re: Thiose crazy Catholics - 10/30/19
I'm sure Creepy Joe was only doing it for a photo op and I doubt he cares since he's already demonstrated that he sold his soul to Satan anyway.

If the priest is aware that someone is partaking of the Eucharist unworthily, then he has a responsibility to not participate in serving the Eucharist to that person. Otherwise the priest is guilty of that sin too by condoning it.

Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Somehow it doesn't work that way. I do know a few liberals that frequent the Baptist church. I have called them out on that and their response has never been pretty.

Of course their response hasn't been pretty. You can't be a democrap and legitimately call yourself a Christian at the same time. The two are diametrically opposed to each other.
Posted By: xxclaro Re: Thiose crazy Catholics - 10/30/19
Does anyone really think Biden or any of the other politicians at that level care about this sort of thing at all?
We can't judge them, but they will be judged eventually.
Posted By: watch4bear Re: Thiose crazy Catholics - 10/30/19
Originally Posted by xxclaro
Does anyone really think Biden or any of the other politicians at that level care about this sort of thing at all?

You know communists and religion grin

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Quak Re: Thiose crazy Catholics - 10/30/19
Originally Posted by stevelyn
I'm sure Creepy Joe was only doing it for a photo op and I doubt he cares since he's already demonstrated that he sold his soul to Satan anyway.

If the priest is aware that someone is partaking of the Eucharist unworthily, then he has a responsibility to not participate in serving the Eucharist to that person. Otherwise the priest is guilty of that sin too by condoning it.

Of course their response hasn't been pretty. You can't be a democrap and legitimately call yourself a Christian at the same time. The two are diametrically opposed to each other.

Spot on man...I couldn’t agree with you more on this
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Thiose crazy Catholics - 10/30/19

Paul said that a man need to EXAMINE HIMSELF. He doesn't say others are to do it for him. A priest can guide him but he is to make the decision himself.
Posted By: nighthawk Re: Thiose crazy Catholics - 10/30/19
Originally Posted by antlers

Agreed. Wholeheartedly.

So a priest should be complicit in the commission of a sacrilege?
Posted By: stevelyn Re: Thiose crazy Catholics - 10/30/19

Paul said that a man need to EXAMINE HIMSELF. He doesn't say others are to do it for him. A priest can guide him but he is to make the decision himself.

Yes, correct.........mostly. You start with confession and the pre-communion prayers. But one has to be honest enough to examine one's self honestly and want to change for the better. Creepy Joe doesn't meet the criteria. Plus the priest was correct in denying him Holy Communion since Creepy Joe hasn't shown repentance for his support for abortion and continues to support it. The Church has to maintain a standard.
Posted By: CCCC Re: Thiose crazy Catholics - 10/30/19
Originally Posted by Gus

i ain't much into political science and related analysis.- - - - - - - personally, i wouldn't want to be asked to worship a god that controls a country that doesn't meet my needs??
Who would be "asking" you to do so? Can you cite a religious doctrine or Constitutional statement that says your "country" is responsible for meeting your "needs"?
Posted By: antlers Re: Thiose crazy Catholics - 10/30/19
Originally Posted by nighthawk

Agreed. Wholeheartedly.

So a priest should be complicit in the commission of a sacrilege?

As clearly pointed out earlier, scripture does say that a man is to *examine himself* in this circumstance; it is *not* to be done by a priest or anyone else. Protestants believe that through Jesus they have been given direct access to God, and therefore don’t require a priest for that access; they believe in the priesthood of all believers. God is equally accessible to all the faithful, and every believer has equal potential to minister for God.
But wouldn't that make each man a law unto himself? I subscribe to the Catholic faith. The Church says that being complicit in abortion is a grave moral offense. I disagree and have so publicly proclaimed. Therefore I am a good Catholic. This was a grave error in the 1970s when some proclaimed you could be a good Catholic by following your conscience even in opposition of Church teaching. It amounts to a reformulation of moral relativism which if taken to its ultimate reduces to an absurdity. You can be a good person by following your sincerely held moral beliefs, but perhaps you need a different religion.

And there's still the issue of the priest aiding and abetting sacrilege by giving communion to a person who has proclaimed himself in opposition to God's law as determined by the faith to which he claims to subscribe. That in itself constitutes a mortal sin on the part of the priest.
Posted By: Sako76 Re: Thiose crazy Catholics - 10/30/19
Good for the priest. It's pretty powerful when a priest won't give you communion, sort of like politically correctly calling you a POS!
Protestants believe that through Jesus they have been given direct access to God, and therefore don’t require a priest for that access; they believe in the priesthood of all believers. God is equally accessible to all the faithful, and every believer has equal potential to minister for God.

But wouldn't that make each man a law unto himself?

Depends on what you subscribe to...some believe that God has given interpretive authority to the leaders of the Catholic Church. Protestants believe that this grant of correct interpretation is given to all believers, through the Holy Spirit.
But there's something like 36,000 protestant denominations. they all have the correct interpretation? Now I'm not questioning their intentions or sincerety, I'm sure Luther thought he got it right.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Thiose crazy Catholics - 10/30/19
es, correct.........mostly. You start with confession and the pre-communion prayers. But one has to be honest enough to examine one's self honestly and want to change for the better. Creepy Joe doesn't meet the criteria. Plus the priest was correct in denying him Holy Communion since Creepy Joe hasn't shown repentance for his support for abortion and continues to support it. The Church has to maintain a standard.
If the RCC is going to deny Biden communion, they have to also deny it to every single Democrat in the country as abortion is part of the party platform. I can't see them doing that. It would cost them too much money.
Posted By: RickyD Re: Thiose crazy Catholics - 10/30/19

They're headed for Hell anyway.
Posted By: ruraldoc Re: Thiose crazy Catholics - 10/30/19

I am not a Catholic,the same priest would refuse communion to me even though I strive to live in a way that any confessing christian should.

That priest has a right to do so because I am not in full fellowship with his church. Biden although nominally a Roman Catholic can be denied communion for the same reason,he has used his political power to promote abortion in this country and throughout the world. Therefore he is not in full fellowship with his church.

There really isn't a story here,the rules are taught and understood in every Catholic Church.

I might add that in my church we have open communion,Biden would be able to participate in communion but we believe that doing so with unrepentant sin in your heart is a serious sin that invites God's judgement into your life.

Biden probably shouldn't do communion anywhere until he repents of his past and present sin with respect to infanticide/abortion.
But there's something like 36,000 protestant denominations. they all have the correct interpretation? Now I'm not questioning their intentions or sincerety, I'm sure Luther thought he got it right.

So? How many catholic churches are there? I've been to a few and they all do things just a bit different from the other. Same as the "different" denominations do some things a bit different, even within the same "denomination".

Most believe the same essentials though, such as "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." We get there a lot simpler than you catholic folks do and can go boldly before the Throne of God, on our own. No help required. Our's is a relationship, not a religion.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Thiose crazy Catholics - 10/30/19
You go up there and the Priest blesses you or something.

Not a nickles worth of difference in the lot.....but you would never know it from all the arguing.
If the RCC is going to deny Biden communion, they have to also deny it to every single Democrat in the country as abortion is part of the party platform. I can't see them doing that. It would cost them too much money.

Yep.

Who gives a rip how many different denominations there are...? Despite the insignificant theological differences between them, there are a few central tenets that all Christians typically hold together...regardless of their particular church or denomination or culture or geographical location. Christians typically believe in God (the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit), and they typically believe that all humans are sinful and in need of grace, and that only Jesus makes it possible for people to have a relationship with God through His death and resurrection. Christians also typically believe that the Bible reveals who God is, how they can have a relationship with Him, and how they can extend God’s love to other people. Other beliefs and practices are often the cause of disagreements...and they are secondary.

There are essential beliefs (such as those that I mentioned earlier), and there are non-essential beliefs. Individuals do have liberty in non-essential beliefs. Believers do have the personal freedom to have varying interpretations on theological issues that are not clearly presented in Scripture.
“Accept the one whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters… Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To their own master servants stand or fall… So then each of us will give an account of ourselves to God… So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God.” - Romans 14:1, 4, 12, 22

As another member here recently pointed out - when you get right down to it, every individual is a denomination unto themselves.
Posted By: WyoCowboy Re: Thiose crazy Catholics - 10/30/19
Joe Biden is wrong, the priest is wrong. I'm not catholic but as someone else pointed out this is introspective.
Where joe is wrong I refer to:
Matthew 6:5
"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

This then breaks into the "Lord's Prayer" The "Lord's Prayer" is an example, a teaching exercise. My daughter goes to a Lutheran Pre-school, and they recite this every morning, This has no meaning to these kids, nothing honestly, and I'm sure this will offend many it's like the pledge to the American Flag, these things are recited but have no meaning to the school age children who do it.
You are correct. The Lord's Prayer is a frame work of what prayer should be and not to be regurgitated ad infinitum, although most churches do. But it certainly can be of much value, if you focus and believe on what you are saying.
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners now and in the hour of our death. Amen.
Posted By: CCCC Re: Thiose crazy Catholics - 10/30/19
The true spiritual communion exists only with the believer and the Triune God - it is a purely personal matter and action as a part of one's faith. I cannot find one Biblical statement that designates or authorizes another human being - no matter how highly elevated or titled by a "religious" organization - to intervene or interfere with the communion between a believer and God. In the case of such denial for Biden, it is a non-issue in the reality of such communion. And, who cares?
Posted By: sse Re: Thiose crazy Catholics - 10/30/19
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners now and in the hour of our death. Amen.

you probably cut and pasted that, regardless friday is a holy day, see you in church

His mother and brothers thought Jesus was crazy, and dismissed them for those who did believe in Him.

20Then the multitude came together again, so that they could not so much as eat bread. 21But when His own people heard about this, they went out to lay hold of Him, for they said, “He is out of His mind.”
22And the scribes who came down from Jerusalem said, “He has Beelzebub,” and, “By the ruler of the demons He casts out demons.”
23So He called them to Himself and said to them in parables: “How can Satan cast out Satan? 24If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. 25And if a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand. 26And if Satan has risen up against himself, and is divided, he cannot stand, but has an end. 27No one can enter a strong man’s house and plunder his goods, unless he first binds the strong man. And then he will plunder his house.
The Unpardonable Sin
28“Assuredly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they may utter; 29but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation”— 30because they said, “He has an unclean spirit.”
Jesus’ Mother and Brothers Send for Him
31Then His brothers and His mother came, and standing outside they sent to Him, calling Him. 32And a multitude was sitting around Him; and they said to Him, “Look, Your mother and Your brothers are outside seeking You.”
33But He answered them, saying, “Who is My mother, or My brothers?” 34And He looked around in a circle at those who sat about Him, and said, “Here are My mother and My brothers! 35For whoever does the will of God is My brother and My sister and mother.”
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Thiose crazy Catholics - 10/30/19

Amen
Posted By: Texczech Re: Thiose crazy Catholics - 10/30/19
Originally Posted by CCCC
The true spiritual communion exists only with the believer and the Triune God - it is a purely personal matter and action as a part of one's faith. I cannot find one Biblical statement that designates or authorizes another human being - no matter how highly elevated or titled by a "religious" organization - to intervene or interfere with the communion between a believer and God. In the case of such denial for Biden, it is a non-issue in the reality of such communion. And, who cares?

I agree Paul. Why would I pray to Mary when I can go right to the son,Jesus, to intercede for me.
The true spiritual communion exists only with the believer and the Triune God - it is a purely personal matter and action as a part of one's faith. I cannot find one Biblical statement that designates or authorizes another human being - no matter how highly elevated or titled by a "religious" organization - to intervene or interfere with the communion between a believer and God.

Well said.
Originally Posted by sse

you probably cut and pasted that, regardless friday is a holy day, see you in church

Go sit in the corner.
Originally Posted by Gus

Excuse me but, if an activity is illegal, isn't it already outlawed?
Posted By: Raeford Re: Thiose crazy Catholics - 10/30/19

Yep.

The way I understand it[not Catholic], it is left up to each individual priest.
Originally Posted by RickyD
So? How many catholic churches are there? I've been to a few and they all do things just a bit different from the other.

The doctrine is the same in ALL Roman Catholic churches, no variation at all. Now the liturgy like mass is prescribed exactly. Within that some variation is allowed such as the option of this prayer or that, Latin (with special permission) or the common language. Beyond that no variation is permitted.

And there is a key doctrinal difference. In Catholic doctrine there is nothing spiritual about it. The Eucharist is the true body, blood, soul and divinity of Jesus Christ. (As in "This is my body" not "This is a token of my body") To be physically one with Him yet reject Him by mortal sin is contradictory and irrational and an abomination.
Posted By: Tyrone Re: Thiose crazy Catholics - 10/30/19
Actually, he regretted it until the day he died! laugh
http://www.catholicvoyager.com/2016/10/luthers-reformation-regret.html

FWIW, there are as many protestant denominations as there are protestants. And none of them have any more authority than any of the others. Which is about zero.
You can't help what you're born into. But to be a fully formed adult, and think you need a pedophile to carry your prayers to God, or that the idolatry practiced therein is consistent with a Christian faith is a little hard for me to understand.

I'm more independent minded I guess. There isn't a soul walking this earth more "holy" than me, if I feel the need to converse with my Lord, I don't need a go between lol.

But then again, it's easier I suppose to follow a creed and recite memorized phrases, and know that as long as you get to confession and spill you're sins to someone else and walk away absolved. We'll all find out in the end. But I rest easy knowing I've never funded by tithes or donation to the evils the Catholic church has done.
Oh man, if you believe that you have a lot of misconceptions about Catholicism. But I'm learning that is more common than I thought. Consider that Protestantism is an offshoot of Catholicism so they must have much in common.
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
You can't help what you're born into. But to be a fully formed adult, and think you need a pedophile to carry your prayers to God, or that the idolatry practiced therein is consistent with a Christian faith is a little hard for me to understand.

I'm more independent minded I guess. There isn't a soul walking this earth more "holy" than me, if I feel the need to converse with my Lord, I don't need a go between lol.

But then again, it's easier I suppose to follow a creed and recite memorized phrases, and know that as long as you get to confession and spill you're sins to someone else and walk away absolved. We'll all find out in the end. But I rest easy knowing I've never funded by tithes or donation to the evils the Catholic church has done.

Glory be to the father, the son and the holy spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be. World without end.....amen.
There isn't a soul walking this earth more "holy" than me, if I feel the need to converse with my Lord, I don't need a go between.

Truth.
Posted By: CCCC Re: Thiose crazy Catholics - 10/31/19
Oh man, if you believe that you have a lot of misconceptions about Catholicism. But I'm learning that is more common than I thought. Consider that Protestantism is an offshoot of Catholicism so they must have much in common.
On the basis of a recent assessment, it looks as though I don’t have “conceptions” about the Roman Catholic organization – so very unlikely that I would have a misconception. However, I may be sensing one in your post. - that statement about “offshoot”.

You might consider a bit more in-depth study of that situation, going back to the time before the existence of the Roman Catholic organization and the actions that led to its current state – and maybe check out the evolutionary aspects running through Constantinople, etc.

If the Reformation was based on a systematically published “protest” of some fundamental aspects of the Roman Catholic organization, would “offshoot” be an accurate term for Protestants?
Posted By: RickyD Re: Thiose crazy Catholics - 10/31/19
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Actually, he regretted it until the day he died! laugh
http://www.catholicvoyager.com/2016/10/luthers-reformation-regret.html

FWIW, there are as many protestant denominations as there are protestants. And none of them have any more authority than any of the others. Which is about zero.

Too funny!! What else would a rational person expect a catholic publication to publish? Not the truth. The reformers were all priests who were willing to give their lives for the truth. Most did. Luther was protected or he would have been burned alive, as was your churches wicked preference for execution, too.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Thiose crazy Catholics - 10/31/19

Glory be to the father, the son and the holy spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be. World without end.....amen.

Here I thought that was quite funny.....

Hmm...
Posted By: RickyD Re: Thiose crazy Catholics - 10/31/19

And there is a key doctrinal difference. In Catholic doctrine there is nothing spiritual about it. The Eucharist is the true body, blood, soul and divinity of Jesus Christ. (As in "This is my body" not "This is a token of my body") To be physically one with Him yet reject Him by mortal sin is contradictory and irrational and an abomination.

Transubstantiation is just a not so clever hoax created in Rome to bind the peasants to the church by fear which was and is a widespread tactic in many ramifications used by your church. Jesus didn't have to say the first communion was symbolic as that was obvious to all. If it was to be as you claim, why does not the bread fall from heaven as manna with the Lords DNA for evidence and a cloud rain His blood into a holy barrel? Because it's simply flour and grapes. It's hard and sad to believe that people today still are shilled by obvious scams.
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Thiose crazy Catholics - 10/31/19

Hmm...

Indoctrination doesn't always take does it? After 5 years of catholic school I told my parents that I was not going to go back, that made for an interesting summer. Public and private schools sucked too. Despite an innate love of learning I was never a fan of academia. I always thought that a library in the wilderness would be the perfect incubator of learning.

mike r
Posted By: nighthawk Re: Thiose crazy Catholics - 10/31/19
Originally Posted by RickyD
[Transubstantiation is just a not so clever hoax

Whether you choose to believe it or not that's the doctrine. And why communion and mortal sin are incompatible. Just trying to get the facts right, you decide what you want to believe.
Posted By: bluefish Re: Thiose crazy Catholics - 10/31/19
I feel bad for some of the forum members here who have such a dim view of Catholicism. Many of you appear to assess it through the limited prism of your experience. Sad lives. However, two persons readily available I enjoy watching are Ravi Zacharias and Alistair Beeg both of whom can be found on YouTube for access to much of their previous delivered messages. Have a look for a while with an open mind. Either way, one day all questions will be answered.
Posted By: xxclaro Re: Thiose crazy Catholics - 10/31/19
Interesting conversation so far. What I find interesting about these discussions is how so many people "know" things that are contradictory to what somebody else knows. In the end it seems most likely that nobody actually knows anything, we're all just trying to muddle our way through.
Posted By: CCCC Re: Thiose crazy Catholics - 10/31/19
Originally Posted by bluefish
I feel bad for some of the forum members here who have such a dim view of Catholicism. Many of you appear to assess it through the limited prism of your experience. Sad lives. However, two persons readily available I enjoy watching are Ravi Zacharias and Alistair Beeg both of whom can be found on YouTube for access to much of their previous delivered messages. Have a look for a while with an open mind. Either way, one day all questions will be answered.

I think that I understand your point and your perspective, but no need to feel bad in my case brcause my view of Roman Catholocism is not dim. The view seems quite realistic on the basis of lifetime study and heavy interaction with people who are practicing Roman Catholics. Even if I were to view those YouTube presentations, I would still be looking through the "limited prism" of their experience. I am a limited human being, but my view of Roman Catholocism seems quite clear and bright. Of course I have only my own opinion, but my life does not seem to be "sad" due to lack of experience or understaning regarding spiritual matters- I simply keep trying to improve.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Thiose crazy Catholics - 10/31/19
Originally Posted by lvmiker

Hmm...

Indoctrination doesn't always take does it? After 5 years of catholic school I told my parents that I was not going to go back, that made for an interesting summer. Public and private schools sucked too. Despite an innate love of learning I was never a fan of academia. I always thought that a library in the wilderness would be the perfect incubator of learning.

mike r

When you were pouring the water so the Priest could wash his hands......you were supposed to stop pouring when he wiggled his thumbs.

No....he couldn't simply withdraw his hands. You had to watch for the thumb wiggle.

Talk about indoctrination.....I never could even figure out the thumb wiggle!

It would look like two small birds splashing in a bird bath! Them thumbs was really a moving!
I suggested those two as they are Christian Apologetics meaning they seek a rational basis for the existence of God. At any rate, worth a listen sometime.
Posted By: sse Re: Thiose crazy Catholics - 10/31/19
Just trying to get the facts right

good luck with that...the self-righteous are thick as flies around here
Posted By: sse Re: Thiose crazy Catholics - 10/31/19
Ravi Zacharias

i saw a youtube vid he did with dennis prager, excellent
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Thiose crazy Catholics - 10/31/19

Sound like a bunch of nonsense.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Thiose crazy Catholics - 10/31/19
I'm Catholic (well, my parents made me one) and i DO take a very dim view of that religion, ESPECIALLY since it went full commie in the 60s. Then again, I take a dim view of pretty much all religions, especially those who quote the bible as if it were some kind of 100% truth document...
Jorge I agree the Church has some bad actors including the current Pontif but I have always believed the Church is the believers regardless of who is at the helm.
Posted By: 19352012 Re: Thiose crazy Catholics - 10/31/19
The Church has to let Aholes in because that's kind of the point. But why are they always in charge?
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Thiose crazy Catholics - 10/31/19
You cant deal with guns and be a Christian.

The west needs their womens intermingling with viril moslem men.

Moslems can go to heaven because they have the faith of Abraham (though not said in such few or easy to interpret words).

The US shouldnt build walls. Those are apparently reserved for Jerusalem and Vatican.

Those are my sticking points.
When you were pouring the water so the Priest could wash his hands......you were supposed to stop pouring when he wiggled his thumbs.

No....he couldn't simply withdraw his hands. You had to watch for the thumb wiggle.

Talk about indoctrination.....I never could even figure out the thumb wiggle!

It would look like two small birds splashing in a bird bath! Them thumbs was really a moving!

We just did it, always worked out fine. smile
For those who don't know it's part of a prayer for purification before consecration that begins, "Lord wash away my iniquity...". Think it comes from Psalm 51.
Posted By: Tyrone Re: Thiose crazy Catholics - 10/31/19
I'm more independent minded I guess. There isn't a soul walking this earth more "holy" than me,
That's an opinion that isn't based on any evidence. For instance, I would wager that people who die and have incorrupt bodies were holier than you or me.
For instance, this lady:

[Linked Image]
http://parousians.blogspot.com/2008/01/dont-know-much-about-incorruptibles.html
Posted By: antlers Re: Thiose crazy Catholics - 10/31/19
Originally Posted by Tyrone
I'm more independent minded I guess. There isn't a soul walking this earth more "holy" than me,
That's an opinion that isn't based on any evidence.
Do you not know that you are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in you...? - 1 Corinthians 3:16

That’s pretty flippin’ holy...! And it applies to all Jesus followers.
And if you are Catholic and take communion He is with you physically as well as spiritually. With you every way possible. How beautiful is that!
Posted By: antlers Re: Thiose crazy Catholics - 10/31/19
And if you are Catholic and take communion He is with you physically as well as spiritually. With you every way possible.

God’s Spirit dwells inside of ALL of His followers, and He is with them ALL, in every way possible (physically as well as spiritually).
© 24hourcampfire