Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I suggested those two as they are Christian Apologetics meaning they seek a rational basis for the existence of God. At any rate, worth a listen sometime.

The way life should be.
GB1

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Just trying to get the facts right

good luck with that...the self-righteous are thick as flies around here

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Ravi Zacharias

i saw a youtube vid he did with dennis prager, excellent

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Originally Posted by CCCC
The true spiritual communion exists only with the believer and the Triune God - it is a purely personal matter and action as a part of one's faith. I cannot find one Biblical statement that designates or authorizes another human being - no matter how highly elevated or titled by a "religious" organization - to intervene or interfere with the communion between a believer and God. In the case of such denial for Biden, it is a non-issue in the reality of such communion. And, who cares?

And there is a key doctrinal difference. In Catholic doctrine there is nothing spiritual about it. The Eucharist is the true body, blood, soul and divinity of Jesus Christ. (As in "This is my body" not "This is a token of my body") To be physically one with Him yet reject Him by mortal sin is contradictory and irrational and an abomination.

Sound like a bunch of nonsense.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm Catholic (well, my parents made me one) and i DO take a very dim view of that religion, ESPECIALLY since it went full commie in the 60s. Then again, I take a dim view of pretty much all religions, especially those who quote the bible as if it were some kind of 100% truth document...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Jorge I agree the Church has some bad actors including the current Pontif but I have always believed the Church is the believers regardless of who is at the helm.

The way life should be.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Church has to let Aholes in because that's kind of the point. But why are they always in charge?

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
You cant deal with guns and be a Christian.

The west needs their womens intermingling with viril moslem men.

Moslems can go to heaven because they have the faith of Abraham (though not said in such few or easy to interpret words).

The US shouldnt build walls. Those are apparently reserved for Jerusalem and Vatican.

Those are my sticking points.

Last edited by jaguartx; 10/31/19.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
When you were pouring the water so the Priest could wash his hands......you were supposed to stop pouring when he wiggled his thumbs.

No....he couldn't simply withdraw his hands. You had to watch for the thumb wiggle.

Talk about indoctrination.....I never could even figure out the thumb wiggle!

It would look like two small birds splashing in a bird bath! Them thumbs was really a moving!

We just did it, always worked out fine. smile
For those who don't know it's part of a prayer for purification before consecration that begins, "Lord wash away my iniquity...". Think it comes from Psalm 51.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
I'm more independent minded I guess. There isn't a soul walking this earth more "holy" than me,
That's an opinion that isn't based on any evidence. For instance, I would wager that people who die and have incorrupt bodies were holier than you or me.
For instance, this lady:

[Linked Image]
http://parousians.blogspot.com/2008/01/dont-know-much-about-incorruptibles.html

Politics is War by Other Means
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
I'm more independent minded I guess. There isn't a soul walking this earth more "holy" than me,
That's an opinion that isn't based on any evidence.
Do you not know that you are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in you...? - 1 Corinthians 3:16

That’s pretty flippin’ holy...! And it applies to all Jesus followers.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And if you are Catholic and take communion He is with you physically as well as spiritually. With you every way possible. How beautiful is that!

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by nighthawk
And if you are Catholic and take communion He is with you physically as well as spiritually. With you every way possible.

God’s Spirit dwells inside of ALL of His followers, and He is with them ALL, in every way possible (physically as well as spiritually).

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

529 members (1234, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1941USMC, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 46 invisible), 1,796 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,000
Posts18,520,449
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.