Home
If the weather allows our daughter, and family will make the three hour plus trip, ("Over the river, and through the woods"), to our home as will the other daughter closer. Son Jake is right here.

We do the feast at midday, or close. It should be a house full, that's great.

You good folks have plans?
Having it right here at home. Family folks all live fairly close[20 miles or less]. I don't want to hassle going anywhere over the Holidays, so, we have it here. Food, football, booze of some sort, everybody here. Works.
My MIL had a stroke last month and is in a rehab center. We'll have her home for T-day. Just the 3 of us. Then about 5am on Friday, I'll be leaving for the last 2 days of elk hunting.
KYHillChick is planning to execute the same turkey dinner as has been served in the family since. . .

. . . All I know is I was around when Great Grandma Agnes passed things off to Grandma Charlotte back in 1962. My Mom's only change was the addition of corn pudding back in the early 70's. Agnes' clan is listed among the Plymouth Rock Wetbacks, so who knows.

KYHillChick apprenticed under Mom after dad died in 2011. Mom threw in the apron the next year. Mom's 90 now, and she's hanging in there, but she's strictly a spectator now.

KYHillChick's big change has been the advent of pecan and pumpkin pies-- best I ever ate. I get a piece of each.

All three sons and grandaughter #1 are expected to attend.

Eat. Watch football. Repeat.
Assisting others less fortunate than me, have a happy thanksgiving....

The kids will be with Jess's folks tomorrow and come here on Friday. We are going to do the turkey thing on Saturday. Tomorrow, the wife and I will have a small standing rib roast.

To continue with Richard's song line (because I can't pass up any chance to provide tidbits of information that aren't commonly known), the rest of the line is usually misquoted. It is "to GRANDFATHER'S house we go". Later on, Grandmother gets her mention as her cap is spied.
Our 3 kids will all be coming over along with their families.
There's deer that need killin.
bottle of water, a matador beef stick, a payday bar

Just wrap mine up in foil.

can't stand certain family members, turkey sucks anyway.
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/14316347/sales-tax#Post14316347

And golden corral!!!!
Smoking two turkeys. Larger one goes to help a community church dinner. Smaller one is for our dinner. Family and step kids coming over for dinner.
Going to a friends for Thanksgiving, wife wanted to do something different this year, she doesn't have to cook anything other than some carrots and make some shrimp cocktail.
Going up to the folks place.

Just the 5 of us and the two of them.
At the Firehouse....
Originally Posted by Batchief909
At the Firehouse....

Thanks Chief.

Stay safe and in quarters!
Cooking and avoiding conversations.
Originally Posted by Batchief909
At the Firehouse....

Spent many holidays with my second family at the firehouse and had some memorable calls too.....like the time the drunk husband criticized the drunken wife’s turkey dinner and the drunken wife sunk the carving knife into the drunken husband’s back. 😂. That’ll ruin the holiday spirit as quick as anything.

Stay safe Chief and may your day be filled with good food, good friends and no calls. 👍

21# bird on the new Weber........

sounds like push snow.......

in laws for dinner........mix a drink.........................................
Everyone on here be safe if you travel and enjoy the day.
And make sure you take the time to actually be thankful for what you have .
Going to daughters house!
Eat turkey, it just came out of the smoker. Smells like bacon in the house according to "She who must be Obeyed". Be Well, Rustyzipper.
Smoking a Turkey and working outside in the process till it's done. Eat, sit for a few then back to work outside. The usual.
Last year was the first in 33 years that we didn't have to spend the day at the MIL's. This year, we're in charge of the festivities right here, and she refuses to come. After all this time, the plan is finally coming together. wink This is what winning feels like. laugh
Had ours a couple weeks ago. Going to be alone so eating good and do what I want. But I always do that. 🤣🤣
Deer hunt, eat, deer hunt, eat, college football, sleep. Repeat for the following few days.
Family is coming to the mountains for Thanksgiving dinner.
Going to a friends for dinner. Will do the full deal Friday when my girl kid and her bf are here.

You should be able to hear me oink!

Fireworks Friday night after the Santa comes to Kenai parade and bonfire.
That's tomorrow, right?
Feasting with family. Looking forward to Friday. Yes, those yummy turkey sandwiches.
Oh, lets not forget pie.
Not in a way I would like. Spending the day with my dad in the hospital.
Will be at home, instead of at the kids' place this year. The wife is pretty sick right now.
Going to drive to the Son's new house and eat there.

First time in a long time.
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
That's tomorrow, right?

If that was to me, the fireworks etc. are Friday.
Originally Posted by Jevyod
Not in a way I would like. Spending the day with my dad in the hospital.

A thought and a prayer for you both from Iowa.
Someone I know is going to Golden Corral. laugh

The screaming diarrhea shîts will be upon him come Friday.
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Will be at home, instead of at the kids' place this year. The wife is pretty sick right now.

Sorry to hear that Buddy. Hope she gets well soon!

My second Thanksgiving by myself after losing both my parents. My siblings live further than I care to travel for just one day. Hope to do some deer hunting if this rain lets up.
Guess me and Kitty will be having a Turkey TV Dinner. 🤠
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by luv2safari

Sorry to hear that Buddy. Hope she gets well soon!

My second Thanksgiving by myself after losing both my parents. My siblings live further than I care to travel for just one day. Hope to do some deer hunting if this rain lets up.
Guess me and Kitty will be having a Turkey TV Dinner. 🤠

Stow away in some luggage and come on out for the long weekend. wink I've got a jillion new lies to try out on somebody.
One, if not the worst Thanksgiving for me was at Leonard Wood. I was sick as a dog, and got pulled in for all night KP.

I nearly slept through the meal till a kind soul woke up in time for me get a bit of turkey.
The turkey is bathing in a brine. All three sons will be here, sipping bourbon with the younger two now, stuffing is made and just thankful having my family together again.
Originally Posted by slumlord
Someone I know is going to Golden Corral. laugh

The screaming diarrhea shîts will be upon him come Friday.

You know you would hit it with me if ya could and advoid all the B.S. mandatory gruppenfurher stuff and work before and after.

Khan/ wife gone to ft carson till the 4th of Dec man.

Its fugging nirvana here!!!!

Tell nana and your FIL I said Duhhhhh...
They will know what I mean.
LOL!!!
I bet your dad will be talking about lee van clefe or something.

Dont be hating man.
LOL!!!
Except for the time we served in the Army, my brother and I have always been at a family Thanksgiving together. He died in a car crash this year and his wife was hurt pretty bad and even after three surgeries she cannot take care of herself and her son Jacob. They both live with my wife and I now.

Jacob went with me to our family Montana deer camp this fall and I hoped it would help him deal with the tragedy. I believe it helped him a lot being around family and all the goings on at deer camp, but there were times you could tell he was hurting.

In our spike camp he liked to tend the stove fire. My brother's dog seemed to sense Jacob's hurt and shadowed him.

[Linked Image from i617.photobucket.com]

Look forward to tomorrow with family members coming to our house for dinner.
Smoke a speckle belly goose and some sockeye salmon in AM then dog and I will head off to duck camp for the weekend.

Cant imagine a better weekend.
Baby sit a burning refinery.
We should thank those that work the hours most have off.
This year due to my Heart meds there will be not booze so the 3 F's, Food, Family & Football.

One of the few days of the year I watch football.
Originally Posted by roundoak
Except for the time we served in the Army, my brother and I have always been at a family Thanksgiving together. He died in a car crash this year and his wife was hurt pretty bad and even after three surgeries she cannot take care of herself and her son Jacob. They both live with my wife and I now.

Jacob went with me to our family Montana deer camp this fall and I hoped it would help him deal with the tragedy. I believe it helped him a lot being around family and all the goings on at deer camp, but there were times you could tell he was hurting.

In our spike camp he liked to tend the stove fire. My brother's dog seemed to sense Jacob's hurt and shadowed him.

I hate reading that, the holidays are going to be tough on the boy. Sounds like you are there for him.
Thanksgiving will be Dunch, (between dinner & lunch), with two daughters, their husbands, and 5 grandkids. The deviled eggs are already ready...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by hanco
Going to daughters house!

So are we, about a 25 min. drive. Be safe every body and be thankful. Cheers NC
I'm going to give thanks to God Almighty for America, for being an American, for our Patriot Forefathers and their sacrifices and for those of our fighting men, and for our freedom we have so unashamedly fritted away and for His forgiveness of and blessings upon this once Godly Nation and for the sacrifice of blood by Jesus Christ and his most precious gift of salvation through everlasting life for those of us who bow and ask for it and belief and for my mother and father and brother and sisters and our families and for being able to hunt and fish without hunger and with shelter and for the blessing of having a nation serving and God fearing Patriotic President and Donald Trumps family and others fighting to save our nation and for saving all His.

May God bless us all as our needs may be.
I'm driving into Fort Worth to pick up Mom, then head to my brother's house to visit with his family. I'm bringing some Down Home Hickory Smoked Sausage from Louisiana for my brother to put in his smoker (twice smoked?).
Originally Posted by wabigoon
We should thank those that work the hours most have off.

Yes. And I'm thankful that I am done with that.

Roundoak,

I just saw this thread and started reading it and came across this post. I am very sorry for your loss. A prayer has been sent for you and your family and especially for your nephew.

I’m so sorry. This post brought tears to my eyes.

Roundoak,

My heart goes out to you, your family, your sister in law, and especially Jacob. Tending that fire might have been just what he needed at that time. You're an excellent uncle to have taken him along. The boy gets an extra prayer from me tonight.

condolences,

Geno
Threw out the leftovers last night.
© 24hourcampfire