-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Except for the time we served in the Army, my brother and I have always been at a family Thanksgiving together. He died in a car crash this year and his wife was hurt pretty bad and even after three surgeries she cannot take care of herself and her son Jacob. They both live with my wife and I now.

Jacob went with me to our family Montana deer camp this fall and I hoped it would help him deal with the tragedy. I believe it helped him a lot being around family and all the goings on at deer camp, but there were times you could tell he was hurting.

In our spike camp he liked to tend the stove fire. My brother's dog seemed to sense Jacob's hurt and shadowed him.

[Linked Image from i617.photobucket.com]

Look forward to tomorrow with family members coming to our house for dinner.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Smoke a speckle belly goose and some sockeye salmon in AM then dog and I will head off to duck camp for the weekend.

Cant imagine a better weekend.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Baby sit a burning refinery.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
We should thank those that work the hours most have off.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
This year due to my Heart meds there will be not booze so the 3 F's, Food, Family & Football.

One of the few days of the year I watch football.

Ted
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by roundoak
Except for the time we served in the Army, my brother and I have always been at a family Thanksgiving together. He died in a car crash this year and his wife was hurt pretty bad and even after three surgeries she cannot take care of herself and her son Jacob. They both live with my wife and I now.

Jacob went with me to our family Montana deer camp this fall and I hoped it would help him deal with the tragedy. I believe it helped him a lot being around family and all the goings on at deer camp, but there were times you could tell he was hurting.

In our spike camp he liked to tend the stove fire. My brother's dog seemed to sense Jacob's hurt and shadowed him.

I hate reading that, the holidays are going to be tough on the boy. Sounds like you are there for him.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanksgiving will be Dunch, (between dinner & lunch), with two daughters, their husbands, and 5 grandkids. The deviled eggs are already ready...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hanco
Going to daughters house!

So are we, about a 25 min. drive. Be safe every body and be thankful. Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
I'm going to give thanks to God Almighty for America, for being an American, for our Patriot Forefathers and their sacrifices and for those of our fighting men, and for our freedom we have so unashamedly fritted away and for His forgiveness of and blessings upon this once Godly Nation and for the sacrifice of blood by Jesus Christ and his most precious gift of salvation through everlasting life for those of us who bow and ask for it and belief and for my mother and father and brother and sisters and our families and for being able to hunt and fish without hunger and with shelter and for the blessing of having a nation serving and God fearing Patriotic President and Donald Trumps family and others fighting to save our nation and for saving all His.

May God bless us all as our needs may be.

Last edited by jaguartx; 11/27/19.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm driving into Fort Worth to pick up Mom, then head to my brother's house to visit with his family. I'm bringing some Down Home Hickory Smoked Sausage from Louisiana for my brother to put in his smoker (twice smoked?).

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wabigoon
We should thank those that work the hours most have off.

Yes. And I'm thankful that I am done with that.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Roundoak,

I just saw this thread and started reading it and came across this post. I am very sorry for your loss. A prayer has been sent for you and your family and especially for your nephew.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I’m so sorry. This post brought tears to my eyes.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Roundoak,

My heart goes out to you, your family, your sister in law, and especially Jacob. Tending that fire might have been just what he needed at that time. You're an excellent uncle to have taken him along. The boy gets an extra prayer from me tonight.

condolences,

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Threw out the leftovers last night.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

617 members (1badf350, 10gaugemag, 163bc, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 16gage, 58 invisible), 3,050 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,965
Posts18,519,560
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.