Home

It will never make it to a vote.......but if I were king, all those Republican voters who either did not vote, or refused to vote for Bevin and instead voted for Beshear, would lose their rights to own a gun because of their contributing to the election of a Democrat.
Better start digging holes james. You commonwealth countrymen will let you down.
Originally Posted by slumlord
Better start digging holes james. You commonwealth country men will let you down.

Can I use my post hole digger that mounts to my tractor? Or do I have to dig them by hand.
Originally Posted by JamesJr
It will never make it to a vote.......but if I were king, all those Republican voters who either did not vote, or refused to vote for Bevin and instead voted for Beshear, would lose their rights to own a gun because of their contributing to the election of a Democrat.

Deny them the right to have armed bodyguards, too.
Originally Posted by slumlord
Better start digging holes james. You commonwealth country men will let you down.

Can I use my post hole digger that mounts to my tractor? Or do I have to dig them by hand.

by hand....it will piss you off more......bob

Beshear talked the talk that teachers, state employees and Medicaid recipients wanted to hear and got himself elected.

Now it's time for him to try to figure out how to walk the walk:

Bevin administration says Kentucky faces $1.1 billion budget shortfall over next two years

Gov.-elect Andy Beshear could inherit an estimated $1.1 billion budget shortfall over the next two fiscal years, according to a memo from Gov. Matt Bevin's budget director.

The Monday memo from John Chilton comes as Beshear, a Democrat, faces a tight deadline for drafting his proposed two-year budget to present to the General Assembly, which is controlled by Republicans. Beshear must submit his proposal by late January for a budget that runs from July 1, 2020, to June 30, 2022....

...Sen. Chris McDaniel, R-Taylor Mill, the chairman of the Senate budget committee, said that legislators expected to face considerably increased costs over this period involving pensions and Medicaid expansion, but that this total surprised him.

"We knew that there was going to be a hole of some ilk," McDaniel said. "This number is a lot bigger than anything that we anticipated, though."

Originally Posted by joken2

Beshear talked the talk that teachers, state employees and Medicaid recipients wanted to hear and got himself elected.

Now it's time for him to try to figure out how to walk the walk:

Bevin administration says Kentucky faces $1.1 billion budget shortfall over next two years

Gov.-elect Andy Beshear could inherit an estimated $1.1 billion budget shortfall over the next two fiscal years, according to a memo from Gov. Matt Bevin's budget director.

The Monday memo from John Chilton comes as Beshear, a Democrat, faces a tight deadline for drafting his proposed two-year budget to present to the General Assembly, which is controlled by Republicans. Beshear must submit his proposal by late January for a budget that runs from July 1, 2020, to June 30, 2022....

...Sen. Chris McDaniel, R-Taylor Mill, the chairman of the Senate budget committee, said that legislators expected to face considerably increased costs over this period involving pensions and Medicaid expansion, but that this total surprised him.

"We knew that there was going to be a hole of some ilk," McDaniel said. "This number is a lot bigger than anything that we anticipated, though."

I remember way back to the 1967 gubernatorial election in Kentucky, the Republican Lying Louie Nunn got himself elected on the no new taxes platform, then as soon as he got in office................well, folks, things were worse than I realized, we're going to have to raise taxes after all. A 5 cent sales tax, Nunn's Nickel it was known as. Cost him re-election too.

It irritates the snot out of me when voters seek to "punish" a particular candidate or party, by either not voting at all or voting for the opposition, as all the idiots accomplish is to hurt the people. There were many Republican voters couldn't stand to vote for McCain or Romney, and because they didn't vote, it gave us Obama. Heck, I didn't like those two either, but I liked Obama even less, so I voted for them.

Even though I'm a Republican, and liked most of what Bevin was doing, I found myself not caring for him personally, but the thought of either not voting at all, or voting for Beshear, never entered into my mind. Kentucky's voter are going to reap what they sowed in November, although I'm guessing Beshear won't get much of his agenda passed.

It sounds bad. But Donahue is a Dem from Jefferson County (Louisville), The General Assembly is made up of Republicans.

It's just grandstanding.

As for the budget deficit,...people are going to be paying higher taxes and teachers are going to have bigger classes.
Assault weapons ban, Hi Cap magazine ban, and assault weapons buy back program... Grrr....

The Link...

As stated above, it may never get out of committee. However, frustrating that Beshear is not even in office yet, and the B.S. has already started...
Border states are dangerous territory.
Originally Posted by Girlhunter
Border states are dangerous territory.

Always have been
More Californians moving to Tennessee?
Originally Posted by Barkoff

This thread is about Kentucky.

That said, I'm sure many are leaving in droves, hopefully because they are tired of giving their money to the enemy.

That said, I'm sure many are leaving in droves, hopefully because they are tired of giving their money to the enemy.

I doubt that's the case. As a matter of fact, Yankees are moving here in droves, looking to escape the chit states they live in.
The representative who wrote up that bill is from a small, fairly well to do community in Louisville. He has about 7500 constituents.

I'm no fan of Beshear. But even *he* is a Blue Dog Democrat. He knows that gun control won't fly in Kentucky.

A representative with 7500 constituents in one of the most liberal communities in the state can get away with writing a gun control bill that he knows will be dead on arrival. But he knows that it will be treated like a piece of toilet paper when it's dealt with in Frankfort.

Kentucky is a long, long way from passing an assault weapons bill.
Originally Posted by Bristoe
The representative who wrote up that bill is from a small, fairly well to do community in Louisville. He has about 7500 constituents.

I'm no fan of Beshear. But even *he* is a Blue Dog Democrat. He knows that gun control won't fly in Kentucky.

A representative with 7500 constituents in one of the most liberal communities in the state can get away with writing a gun control bill that he knows will be dead on arrival. But he knows that it will be treated like a piece of toilet paper when it's dealt with in Frankfort.

Kentucky is a long, long way from passing an assault weapons bill.

The Beshear family is from the next county over, and the new governor's old man was pretty liberal for a "blue dog." I believe Steve is even more of a lib than his daddy, but he's not going to get much done with the GOP owning the House and Senate. No ban will be passed, I'm sure of that, but I'm also sure that he's going to try and get some other liberal chit passed.

It still pizzes me off that Bevin had to screw around and loss the election. There was no cause for it, not after Trump swept it like he did.

I doubt that's the case. As a matter of fact, Yankees are moving here in droves, looking to escape the chit states they live in.

Exactly! Been going on for a long time, too.

Folks that lived in liberal coastal states and big cities for decades sell their average homes for big bucks and move to middle America states were they can buy three times the house and property they had there for a third of the money theirs sold for, lower taxes, substantially cheaper cost of living, and easier going lifestyle overall.
Originally Posted by Orion2000

However, frustrating that Beshear is not even in office yet, and the B.S. has already started...

Just be glad you don't live in VA.

MM
This reminds of when a glock 21 preban mag would bring $100-150 .

Folks that lived in liberal coastal states and big cities for decades sell their average homes for big bucks and move to middle America states were they can buy three times the house and property they had there for a third of the money theirs sold for, lower taxes, substantially cheaper cost of living, and easier going lifestyle overall.

My wife handled the purchase of a house for a woman from Michigan who had accepted a job in management at a factory a couple of counties over,...very rural county. My wife mentioned how arrogant she was.

I told my wife, "That's not going to last".

She's been there 4 months and she called my wife up wanting to list her house,.....said she being ran off.

I've worked in some of these factories around here. The vast majority of them have a very firmly established "good old boy" system.

From what I've heard,..that woman went in with the intent of showing them the "proper" way to do things. When the local management didn't see things her way, she called up the corporate office on them.

*shaking head*

Some people just don't understand.

Now,...after 4 months, she's looking for another job.

My wife handled the purchase of a house for a woman from Michigan who had accepted a job in management at a factory a couple of counties over,...very rural county. My wife mentioned how arrogant she was.

I told my wife, "That's not going to last".

She's been there 4 months and she called my wife up wanting to list her house,.....said she being ran off.

I've worked in some of these factories around here. The vast majority of them have a very firmly established "good old boy" system.

From what I've heard,..that woman went in with the intent of showing them the "proper" way to do things. When the local management didn't see things her way, she called up the corporate office on them.

*shaking head*

Some people just don't understand.

Now,...after 4 months, she's looking for another job.

Similar thing happened at at manufacturing plant were I worked but the migrating northerners eventually learned to subdue their arrogant manner (at least openly) and continued to work, bought homes, finished raising families, and retired from there. The sister plants where they had worked at closed mainly due to a combination of high operating costs, OSHA and EPA rules, high Workman's Comp / Disability claims and labor union pressure.
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

However, frustrating that Beshear is not even in office yet, and the B.S. has already started...

Just be glad you don't live in VA.

MM

No kidding. They're burnt toast.
Yes, preparing for some upgraded persecution now. commies have Governor, and both houses. could get rough, but I am digging in.
Assault weapons ban, Hi Cap magazine ban, and assault weapons buy back program... Grrr....

The Link...

As stated above, it may never get out of committee. However, frustrating that Beshear is not even in office yet, and the B.S. has already started...

Take it from someone who lives on the other side, in the commuinist tate of NJ. You CNA NOT let the get a hold. not one foot hold. YOu MUST keep them out of power. They are 100% about the long game of getting stuff banned.

I feel fro you in KY... you are gooing to need some KY soon.
Stupid... walkin.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

She was running from me when she saw I was trying to take her picture. lol. smile
Elections have consequences. The business in VA might get inconvenient for me since the border is about two miles away and I shop there a good bit, especially for gas. If they futz around with high cap mags, the carry regs, etc, it'll be a pain. Hell, I haven't even fired my M1 carbine yet and the bastards are gonna make it illegal for me to take it to my club range.

Lets hope the folks in Kentucky raise enough of a stink to thwart this crap.
The vast majority of politicians in Kentucky know better than to broach the gun control issue.

Kentucky politics are a bit odd. This whole state is like a small town with the exceptions of Louisville and Lexington.

Every now and then some schittbird politician from Lexington or Louisville tries to pretend that he's in with the liberal in crowd. But it doesn't get through Frankfort.
Got that right. There are some dim bulbs in Louisville and Lexington, but the rest of the state is thoroughly conservative.
Anybody who supported the Medicare expansion deserves to be f@cked.

Those teachers y'all got are scum too. You boys best be breaking up their union.
Virginia's problem is that a lot of the northern part of it has become the D.C. metro area. Federal schittbirds go work in D.C., then retreat to Northern Virginia where their residence is at the end of the day to get away from that jiggaboo schitthole that's the Nation's capital.

Kentucky doesn't have that problem.
Did Bloomberg dump any money into getting Beshear elected? How much money did he put into VA election? Just saying. Or maybe it was Soros.
The vast majority of politicians in Kentucky know better than to broach the gun control issue.

Well, for all our's sake, I surely hope you are right, but this schitt is insidious.

You can't take anything for granted & just lay down assuming & hoping it's not real.

MM

Exactly, just like they came from all over to CA.
I'm betting the Second Ammendment Foundation melts that chiett away. Yep. I reckon I best send them a 100 tomorrow to help them make the commies cry with sorrow.

Originally Posted by Tyrone
Anybody who supported the Medicare expansion deserves to be f@cked.

Those teachers y'all got are scum too. You boys best be breaking up their union.

It was Medicaid expansion, not Medicare.

Medicaid basically varies by state, is based on income, and only available to those with too low of a income to afford health care and private insurance, whereas Medicare is federal. for those 65 years old and over and is contributed to by recipients while still working.

Gov. Bevin wanted to implement controls on Medicaid, such as require recipients that weren't working but were physically and mentally able to, to work and offer job training to improve their overall economic situations.

Teachers and state employees were all in a uproar over prior Democrat administration's 'vote buying' commitments toward their pensions. health benefits and salary increases that there simply isn't enough money to honor as promised.

Gov. Bevin's attempts to reign in costs trying to get KY's fiscal head above water again cost him a 2nd term as Governor. .
Just some Liberal pansy wanting attention. It's not worth the paper it's written on.

Exactly, just like they came from all over to CA.

True for many, primarily to find work, especially more prevalent during and after the dust bowl/depression era and again after WW2. Same is true for the heavily industrialized big cities in northern states.

A good many of those retire, sell out, and move back to areas in middle America near family where they and/or spouse were born and grew up, too.

I think that it’s about time for several conservative state congressmen to initiate a state hearing protection bill. The best way to counter this lunacy is to ensure even more freedoms for honest citizens.
Gov. Bevin's attempts to reign in costs trying to get KY's fiscal head above water again cost him a 2nd term as Governor. .

Yes, and while I supported his efforts to do so, I believe he went about it the wrong way. Bevin took a typical Yankee's look at Kentucky......here's a bunch of dumbazz's and I'm going to show them how smart I am. Had he not picked fights and ridiculed certain groups, AND focused on a long term plan of reducing our debt, I believe he would have won a second term. Instead, he acted like he expected to turn the state around in one term of being governor, and it just didn't work. As much I blame the ignorant azz voters for not re-electing him, he must also share part of the blame himself.

Yes, and while I supported his efforts to do so, I believe he went about it the wrong way. Bevin took a typical Yankee's look at Kentucky......here's a bunch of dumbazz's and I'm going to show them how smart I am. Had he not picked fights and ridiculed certain groups, AND focused on a long term plan of reducing our debt, I believe he would have won a second term. Instead, he acted like he expected to turn the state around in one term of being governor, and it just didn't work. As much I blame the ignorant azz voters for not re-electing him, he must also share part of the blame himself.

James speaks the truth. I hope Trump may have taken notice of this also, or at least Kellyanne Conway does. I'm a huge Trump fan and supporter, but wish he would at least try to be more congenial.

Originally Posted by ChuckKY

James speaks the truth. I hope Trump may have taken notice of this also, or at least Kellyanne Conway does. I'm a huge Trump fan and supporter, but wish he would at least try to be more congenial.

Personally, I didn't notice Bevin was any less plain spoken and forthright about his opinions, views and goals as a candidate for his first term as after being elected nor when he ran for a second term. He was just as adamant before, during and after. Whatever voters that opposed his reelection felt about him must've not have been too widely held considering he lost by such a slim margin.

As always, though, YMMV...

Personally, I didn't notice Bevin was any less plain spoken and forthright about his opinions, views and goals as a candidate for his first term as after being elected nor when he ran for a second term. He was just as adamant before, during and after. Whatever voters that opposed his reelection felt about him must've not have been too widely held considering he lost by such a slim margin.

As always, though, YMMV...

Although I sympathized with his opinion and views about the Teacher's retirement and loss of work situations, that garnered quite a bit of support for Beshear that could have been voiced less divisive than it was. I don't remember all that turmoil in his campaign when he ran the first time.
Repeating what I said earlier, Bevin had the typical Northerner/Yankee attitude, and thought he could bully Kentuckians into whatever struck his fancy. He had good intentions when it came to solving some of the states problems........problems that needed solving.......and I thought he was doing what needed to be done. The problem was that so much of what he tried to fix was were things that were so entrenched in Kentucky, that the teachers and state workers weren't going to be persuaded overnight that change was needed. When they reacted against the change, I think Bevin should have kept his mouth shut and maybe not have been so bullheaded about it. It is very hard, for anybody including Bevin to make major overhauls of a system that has been place for generations happen so suddenly.

This state needed 8 years of Bevin to hopefully kill the Democrats chance to get back in control of Frankfort for many years to come. So, while I hoped that he would succeed and get this state on the road to becoming solvent, I believe he was more interested in himself and his future political aspirations, which took one hellva hit when he lost the election.
Does KY have right to work for public & private sector?
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Does KY have right to work for public & private sector?

yes
Bevin is Bevin. He's been plain spoken ever since I because aware of him, anyway.

He signed Constitutional carry into Kentucky law and when the whiners started in on him about it, he told them to move to another state if they didn't like it.

When the Teachers started marching on Frankfort and disrupting the General Assembly, he called them out for it.

As far as I'm concerned,..he did what needed to be done and said what needed to be said.

The country would be better off if it had more people like Matt Bevin holding office.

Beshear bought the election with promises to raise state employees salaries. Considering the deficit the state is in, it's going to be interesting to see how he plans to do it.

Also,..it will be interesting to see how many of Beshear's people end up in prison.

https://www.bgdailynews.com/opinion...9e3e5b4-a9e3-517f-ad9d-91c504ecce32.html
Bevin is Bevin. He's been plain spoken ever since I because aware of him, anyway.

He signed Constitutional carry into Kentucky law and when the whiners started in on him about it, he told them to move to another state if they didn't like it.

When the Teachers started marching on Frankfort and disrupting the General Assembly, he called them out for it.

As far as I'm concerned,..he did what needed to be done and said what needed to be said.

The country would be better off if it had more people like Matt Bevin holding office.

Beshear bought the election with promises to raise state employees salaries. Considering the deficit the state is in, it's going to be interesting to see how he plans to do it.

Also,..it will be interesting to see how many of Beshear's people end up in prison.

https://www.bgdailynews.com/opinion...9e3e5b4-a9e3-517f-ad9d-91c504ecce32.html

I totally agree with you friend on every word spoken. I thought he was doing what was right and needed to be done, even kind of admired his grit when dealing with opposition. But as James said and I agree with also, politics is still politics and not everyone can appreciate a man's candor such as Bevin's. I'm afraid you, James and myself are slightly more in the minority than the majority with this.
Put yourself in a teacher or state worker's shoes. You started your career with two things: low pay compared to many of the public sector jobs, BUT the promise of good benefits (health insurance, pension) to compensate for the relatively low pay.

Fast forward 10 or 20 years. Your pay is still relatively crappy (lots of state workers haven't saw a raise or cost of living adjustment in a decade or more), but now the health insurance is pretty crappy too. And now you have a governor basically calling you a puss on TV when you complain about changes to your pension system.

It's amazing the election was as close as it was, when you consider that the school systems are some of the biggest employers in many KY counties. People vote for their wallets. And who can blame them, really? Bevin did himself no favors by being as aggressive as he was on the teachers and state workers.

In short, people are willing to sacrifice the Constitution because the President doesn't say 'Yes Ma'am'

You can't make this shiet up.
There are are lots of Igno-ra-moose's out there.
Kentucky is one of the top 10 states for suicides. Do they need those high cap mags and assault rifles for suicide?
My sister just retired as a state employee teacher. My brother in law also teaches. I was curious to know what they were thinking. Wasn’t sure. They are conservative but many people change when money is in question. BIL is hammering on his co workers for their stupidity in voting against the guy who was shoring up their pensions and for the guy who represents what gutted their funds.

Some people are stupid and guided by emotion. This election loss exemplifies that in those that vote from a knee jerk. I really like straight talking politicians like Bevins and Trump. Sadly too many people are snowflakes and can’t handle straight talk or the truth and they cancel my vote.

To use the saying that all the progunners use "don't you know what 'shall not be infringed' means?"
Originally Posted by kelbro
Kentucky is one of the top 10 states for suicides.

No,...it's not.

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/population-health/us-states-ranked-by-suicide-rate.html

In short, people are willing to sacrifice the Constitution because the President doesn't say 'Yes Ma'am'

You can't make this shiet up.

You may not be aware of this, but you can't make change politically if you are not elected. Even a Girlhunter should know this, ask Matt Bevin.
https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/suicide-20-states-with-highest-rates/14/

Data may be skewed.
© 24hourcampfire