Home
Posted By: yeselk Xmas present for Wife ideas - 12/10/19
It's that time again. What are you guys getting your wife for Xmas?
Posted By: RicG Re: Xmas present for Wife ideas - 12/10/19
Nothing beats a new rifle!
Fugging vacum cleaner....
She can ride that fugga if her broom takes a schitt for all I care.
Or pistol!
A new deer rifle and scope!
I'd ask a bunch of guys that don't know your wife, or what she likes, or another other thing about her, what to get her for Christmas...
I think mine wants me to have a new boat, so I'm moving in that direction. At least that's what I'm telling myself.
Inversion table , tits look great !
Kenneth
Posted By: johnw Re: Xmas present for Wife ideas - 12/10/19
A head to toe set of Minus 33 Merino Wool. (balaclava, top, bottoms, socks)

And a custom built stained glass table lamp.
We don't give each other presents anymore, but the dog just bought her one of them Weather Tech Cup Phone thingies.
There was a story that made the rounds here quite a few years ago about the fellow who gave his wife a boob job for Christmas. They were divorced by the next time Christmas rolled around.
Peleton bike???
Originally Posted by Kenneth66
Kenneth

It's nice to see one guy not thinking about his own gratification.
Posted By: 4winds Re: Xmas present for Wife ideas - 12/10/19
Originally Posted by JamesJr
There was a story that made the rounds here quite a few years ago about the fellow who gave his wife a boob job for Christmas. They were divorced by the next time Christmas rolled around.

Everyone I know that went this route ended the same way.
Originally Posted by yeselk

This year, nothing. We decided after last Christmas, that we had enough stuff. This year we will spend it, just the two of us. No kids or grandkids. Just us.
Originally Posted by Theo Gallus
Originally Posted by Kenneth66
Kenneth

It's nice to see one guy not thinking about his own gratification.

I’m a natural born sweetheart , what can I say ?
Kenneth

I think an inversion table is cheaper than a boob job.
Posted By: EdM Re: Xmas present for Wife ideas - 12/10/19
A mattress.
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
We don't give each other presents anymore, but the dog just bought her one of them Weather Tech Cup Phone thingies.

I been leaning toward those.

We don't give each other stuff any more either, but she ends up wrapping 2 or 3 things and hands me 'presents' too while doling out the kids' gifts.

So I better have something.

She's been been doing the magnet thingy stuck to the ac vent for her phone. Weathertech might fit the ticket.

Gonna get one for my old man too aka Mr Magoo. He's ditch to ditch looking for his phone while it's ringing in the car.
Posted By: BKinSD Re: Xmas present for Wife ideas - 12/10/19
Down coat, block of knives, piece of fiestaware, perfume. We bought a Roomba on Black Friday. She said she wanted one, I said I was not going to be the guy who buys his wife a vacuum for Christmas. She loves the Roomba, frankly it does a great job and I'm glad we have it. The dogs seem intrigued by it. Very.
Originally Posted by slumlord

We don't give each other stuff any more either, but she ends up wrapping 2 or 3 things and hands me 'presents' too while doling out the kids' gifts.

She's been been doing the magnet thingy stuck to the ac vent for her phone. Weathertech might fit the ticket.

Gonna get one for my old man too aka Mr Magoo. He's ditch to ditch looking for his phone while it's ringing in the car.

Hahahaha!!!
Lmfao!!!
All the motorist in Montgomery County and surrounding ones will be
soooooooooooo thankful you gave your dad one for sure!!!!

Originally Posted by 4winds

Everyone I know that went this route ended the same way.

Promise?
Originally Posted by EdM
A mattress.

ED, go for the Sleep Number Bed. It's one of the best things that I've ever bought.
Originally Posted by slumlord

I ordered the Cup Phone XL. I measured my phone with the Otter Box on it and it's almost too big to fit into the regular Cup Phone.
Originally Posted by Crappie_Killer
Peleton bike???

That's funny right there.
Posted By: add Re: Xmas present for Wife ideas - 12/10/19
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Originally Posted by yeselk

This year we will spend it, just the two of us. No kids or grandkids. Just us.

Think you just made for an exceptional thankful Christmas for them all, save the missus.

laugh
Sig P365
Ok
Realistically......
If Khan/wife continues to tick me off.
Her present will be a donkey punch after spike gets done with her.

Or a Bersa Combat Plus.
Or a Stag Arms Retro Rifle.
If she really gets dumb she might get an AES-10B Romainian RPK.

She is really kinda undecided, but does like being donkey punched....
Having learned from my step-dad's misdirection about 30 years ago, I recommend against a vacuum cleaner.
I'm ordering her some mens size 12 boots. Pretty sure they won' fit her....
Last year I got a new Stihl MS250 for the wife..............Best trade I ever made.
Posted By: hanco Re: Xmas present for Wife ideas - 12/11/19
Don’t know yet, but time is getting short!
Remote start for her Crosstrek
I'm going to get her a sack of balls. Now hear me out, she is a big fan of the SNL Christmas specials so, this year, she is getting a special sack of balls. Chocolate balls, popcorn balls, cheese balls, malted milk balls...
Get her something she wants, something you heard her mention that she wouldn't expect.
Originally Posted by CowboyTim
I'm going to get her a sack of balls. Now hear me out, she is a big fan of the SNL Christmas specials so, this year, she is getting a special sack of balls. Chocolate balls, popcorn balls, cheese balls, malted milk balls...

Any salty ones?.....I assume you didn’t go cheap and got the good ones.......Shwetty Brand. 😁
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Last year I got a new Stihl MS250 for the wife..............Best trade I ever made.

laugh
For those of you with kids....or who will be opening presents with kids present....go buy yourself whatever hunting and fishing equipment you want. Wrap them up and put From: Santa on them. She cannot say a thing or she will ruin the Santa deal!

But, uh, you might want to have a blanket lined up for when you sleep on the couch!
Posted By: yeselk Re: Xmas present for Wife ideas - 12/12/19
Thanks for the ideas fellas. :-)
Posted By: skeen Re: Xmas present for Wife ideas - 12/12/19
Originally Posted by Berettaman
For those of you with kids....or who will be opening presents with kids present....go buy yourself whatever hunting and fishing equipment you want. Wrap them up and put From: Santa on them. She cannot say a thing or she will ruin the Santa deal!

That's great! laugh
Originally Posted by BKinSD
Down coat, block of knives, piece of fiestaware, perfume. We bought a Roomba on Black Friday. She said she wanted one, I said I was not going to be the guy who buys his wife a vacuum for Christmas. She loves the Roomba, frankly it does a great job and I'm glad we have it. The dogs seem intrigued by it. Very.

Wife loves our Roomba
Another option is the wireless security cameras. Allows her to feel safe when alone at home. We got 2 for 169. Two screws into the trim by the doors of choice is all you need to install. Feeds into your WiFi and an app on your phone let’s you view live any time you want and it alerts you to anyone coming into view.
Mines hitting it big. Santa's delivering a FoxPro shockwave game caller, game camera and a Brownells railed receiver for a 10/22.

She'll be rid of me for weeks!!
My wife was smitten with a dome clock in a Goodwill store yesterday. I asked where would she put it. That did not go over well.

We went to town today. I guess she will have to figure where to put it.
Where did the habit of referring to Christmas as "X" mas come from?
Bristoe, I'm not sure. Mostly laziness maybe. One story goes, the X was an old symbol for "Christ". I'll type it all out.
Some stuff she asked for, a blanket for camping, an LED lamp for her sewing, some kitchen stuff because she loves to cook....and a new scope for her 10/22.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Bristoe, I'm not sure. Mostly laziness maybe. One story goes, the X was an old symbol for "Christ". I'll type it all out.

I've never heard of anybody refer to Halloween as "X"ween,....or Thanksgiving as "X"giving.

It seems a bit peculiar that the only major holiday that contains the word "Christ" was commonly shortened to "X"mas.

I can't believe that it happened spontaneously. Somebody had to come up with that idea.
It's been going on for many years.

Somebody had to be first,......and they had a reason besides laziness for doing so.

It would be interesting to know who first decided to X out the name Christ from Christmas.
Posted By: dhart Re: Xmas present for Wife ideas - 12/12/19
Mine is getting a Roomba. She has no idea but several years ago, she bought herself a vacuum for Christmas and was tickled to death. I think she'll be happy since we are putting in new flooring soon.
Wife wanted a drone.
Bought her a DJI Phantom 3, 4k, last evening local.
She wanted a cheaper, used one, just in case of crashes.
She's happy !
75.6 cc MM4® 4‑Stroke Engine Tube Throttle Backpack Leaf Blower (Makita)

She may hate me now... but she will love me next fall when I make her rake all the leaves before making my dinner, doing my laundry and pouring my bourbon.

Just kidding... Great wife... she loves keeping a neat yard and garden.

Getting great presents is harder and harder every year...

Today is her birthday... got her 18 jars of stuffed olives (jalapeno, garlic and feta (6x each)). She is an olive junkie.

Couple months ago was our anniversary... "Steel" was the year... did her a sign for our WV property...

[Linked Image from pic20.picturetrail.com]

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/14342088
Originally Posted by RatherBHuntin
Originally Posted by BKinSD

Wife loves our Roomba
One of the local bars - big into pool leagues - has four Diamond tables...He brings the Roomba over to a table, sets it on the felt and turns it on... Every half hour he just moves it to another table... Damn thing does a wonderful job and he sez ' after two hours he dumps out enough chalk to make 2-3 cubes...

Brilliant..
Posted By: shaman Re: Xmas present for Wife ideas - 12/12/19
Originally Posted by Bristoe

I've never heard of anybody refer to Halloween as "X"ween,....or Thanksgiving as "X"giving.

It seems a bit peculiar that the only major holiday that contains the word "Christ" was commonly shortened to "X"mas.

I can't believe that it happened spontaneously. Somebody had to come up with that idea.

X has been a symbol for Christ longer than the upright cross (crucifix). The X in Xmas is almost as old as the religion itself.

I quit doing it when my then 8 year old daughter look at me and asked "Daddy, why is everybody taking Christ out of Christmas?"
Posted By: Clarkm Re: Xmas present for Wife ideas - 12/12/19
I got my wife a $20 face mask for sanding sawdust. This is a gag gift. She will buy something nice, wrap it, and put it under the tree from me to her.

I bought a SOG SEAL knife, gave it to her to wrap to give me something nice for Christmas.....She may also have a gag gift planned for me.
Well, I am giving my wife a Brand new rear bumper for her Nissan Titan. It is the perfect ladies truck.
Now....I have got to get her to quit backing into the same tree, over and over.
© 24hourcampfire