Home
https://www.bing.com/amp/s/www.khou...287-afa9b2ee-2e58-4e02-b838-1d327b463848
link no good
Three people shot in ncluding the shooter.

Murder/suicide?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/29/us/church-shooting-texas/index.html
church of Christ
The shooter is believed to be among the three injured,

self inflicted or someone shot back
https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-church-shooting-texas-injured-active
the gunman shot a server with a shotgun during communion before he was taken down by another church member.

chalk one up for the good guys
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Three people shot in ncluding the shooter.

Murder/suicide?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/29/us/church-shooting-texas/index.html

That would be my best guess with only 3 people involved.
"White Settlement" That's absolutely racist.
Clown picked the wrong church

Some congregants holding guns rushed toward the shooter, while others ducked under church pews,

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/cri...-shooting-at-church-in-white-settlement/
Posted By: powdr Re: Church shooting Ft Worth TX - 12/29/19
Church member probably saved some lives. powdr
This won't play well on the news. Good guy with a gun saved lives. That doesn't fit the narrative.

Evil exists.
Originally Posted by powdr
Church member probably saved some lives. powdr

Yep; you'll never hear about it on the MSM though.
WFAA-TV (Channel 8) reported that the church shooting was captured on a live stream of Sunday’s worship service. In the video, which has since been taken down, a person stands and pulls out a weapon, then appears to fire twice before another person shoots back, according to WFAA.

Some congregants holding guns rushed toward the shooter, while others ducked under church pews, WFAA reported.

Gov. Greg Abbott called the shooting an “evil act of violence” in a statement Sunday afternoon.

“Places of worship are meant to be sacred, and I am grateful for the church members who acted quickly to take down the shooter and help prevent further loss of life,” Abbott said. “Cecilia and I ask all Texans to join us in praying for the White Settlement community and for all those affected by this horrible tragedy.”

I am a member of the church of Christ here in Oklahoma City, and several of us are sheep dogs and would do the same thing.
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
church of Christ

Cheerist
Originally Posted by watch4bear
the gunman shot a server with a shotgun during communion before he was taken down by another church member.

I always thought they should serve more wine with communion.
Originally Posted by jaguartx
. . . I always thought they should serve more wine with communion.

Like the church of Christ in Corinth, Greece? grin

1 Cor 1:20-21

20 When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper.
21 For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken.

I am a member of the church of Christ here in Oklahoma City, and several of us are sheep dogs and would do the same thing.

Like!
I always carry to church.
It’s Texas. Doesn’t everybody have a church gun?
God bless Texas
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
It’s Texas. Doesn’t everybody have a church gun?

They should ! Gov Abbott helped to keep it legal in TX.
Here's the video from Twitter.

video
Great video, drypowder!
Looks like a black girl jumping around screaming "daddy no, daddy no".
WFAA-TV (Channel 8) reported that the church shooting was captured on a live stream of Sunday’s worship service. In the video, which has since been taken down, a person stands and pulls out a weapon, then appears to fire twice before another person shoots back, according to WFAA.

Some congregants holding guns rushed toward the shooter, while others ducked under church pews, WFAA reported.

Gov. Greg Abbott called the shooting an “evil act of violence” in a statement Sunday afternoon.

“Places of worship are meant to be sacred, and I am grateful for the church members who acted quickly to take down the shooter and help prevent further loss of life,” Abbott said. “Cecilia and I ask all Texans to join us in praying for the White Settlement community and for all those affected by this horrible tragedy.”

The correct response. The Propaganda Corps will ignore it and if it does get any attention, they'll criticize the citizens who acted properly.
Posted By: hanco Re: Church shooting Ft Worth TX - 12/29/19
They got that situation under control fast!
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Looks like a black girl jumping around screaming "daddy no, daddy no".

I hate it when people scream in response to things like this, but if her Pa just got blown away or shot someone in front of her I’ll give a kid a pass.

Shot #3 where the gunman was dropped was a great shot.
Posted By: jdm953 Re: Church shooting Ft Worth TX - 12/29/19
Dont know about other places but here in Texas most churches have armed members.I bet it is common elsewhere.
Clown picked the wrong church

[quote]Some congregants holding guns rushed toward the shooter, while others ducked under church pews,

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/cri...-shooting-at-church-in-white-settlement/

These situations are unfortunate at best. Thank God a few Parishioners were there to play sheep dog. Still I do see a silver lining in the situation being brought under controle in rather quick fashion B4 things progressed in a further unfavorable fashion.

Thank god for the sheep dog's
Posted By: jimy Re: Church shooting Ft Worth TX - 12/29/19
The guy defending was a trained shooter, very quick and accurate from where he was, great job !

There was no Hail Mary cop style shooting, shots on target and no collateral damage.
The dude that got shot first was not thinking. He thought he could quick draw on the shotgun pointed at him, and it cost him.
1Minute, the name dates to Fort Worth's days as an actual fort on the frontier. This was the White Settlement as opposed to the Indian Village.
Good shooting on the part of the guy who put the schidtstain down.
Originally Posted by RocketScientist
1Minute, the name dates to Fort Worth's days as an actual fort on the frontier. This was the White Settlement as opposed to the Indian Village.

Yep
Watched the live feed on U-tube and this unfolded and wrapped up in short split second fashion. Big Thank you! to the friendly shooters.
The guy defending was a trained shooter, very quick and accurate

Yet democrats would have us believe the more helpless we are, the safer we are grin
Originally Posted by Hunterapp
Watched the live feed on U-tube and this unfolded and wrapped up in short split second fashion. Big Thank you! to the friendly shooters.

Amen!!!
Originally Posted by jimy
The guy defending was a trained shooter, very quick and accurate from where he was, great job !

There was no Hail Mary cop style shooting, shots on target and no collateral damage.

He was very well composed.
Has the shooter been identified?
That church guy made one hell of a great shot in short time, under stress...

THAT'S the way it's done, folks!

Sorry the one good guy died. Happy the bad guy died.
Dang. Lottsa guns drawn after the first volley.

Good enough, Texas.

Was that dude trying to rob the collection??
Originally Posted by jimy

There's a few cops that can shoot too.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
There's damn few cops that can shoot too.

FIFY!
Jerry
It's been said online that the guy who made the kill shot is retired FBI and a concealed carry instructor.
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln

FIFY!
Jerry

Texas may have a leg up in that department...

https://triangletactical.net/2014/1...-100-yards-pistol-holding-reigns-horses/
Nashville certainly doesn't- - - -a few years back when Nashville PD switched from revolvers to Glocks, I asked a precinct captain who was also a firearms instructor what his people needed with a double-stack magazine. He replied that they could "throw away" a few rounds while diving for cover without having to reload. He mumbled something vaguely obscene when I asked it the officer was going to be held responsible for collateral damage from poorly-aimed shots.

This guy was no rookie- - - - -20-something years on the job, and an instructor!
Jerry
Helluva moving head shot. That security guy is cool as a cucumber in a high stress situation.
Just wish he'd been quicker.
So the bad guy.........hippie or dreads?
Wondering since the Jew stabber and college girl killer have their diversity shielded by the media for the most part.
Fox today had somebody mention (guest) that minority folks are rather hateful and it needs called out.

Am glad the good guys shut the bad guy down. Coulda been worse.

Sooner or later folks are gonna start getting proactive.
The shot that security guard made across the heads of the people and across the auditorium was a fantastic shot. The other thing this proves to me is the little .380 Tomcat or Walther PP I carry to church is inadequate for effective firepower at the distances shown in that video. I can now see that a .45 ACP 1911 or my 9mm Hi-Power, either probably in a shoulder holster, or my .44 Special Bulldog revolver on my hip, is going to be the preferred rig at church. The first man who was gunned down appeared to be reaching for a hand gun on his right rear hip, and was very slow in drawing his weapon. I'm not advocating being a fast draw, but he was too slow in drawing his weapon after detecting the threat. Watching the security officer, he ducked and drew his weapon in one motion and stepped forward with the single kill shot, as if he was well practiced, which is obvious he was. I'm sure this video will eventually show up on the youtube channel that TRH always posts for us.
Thanks TRH
Posted By: DMc Re: Church shooting Ft Worth TX - 12/29/19
Thank you for posting a very valuable life lesson!
Posted By: ftbt Re: Church shooting Ft Worth TX - 12/30/19
At least 4 parishioners were packin’ .... AMEN:

[Linked Image from thegatewaypundit.com]
The shot that security guard made across the heads of the people and across the auditorium was a fantastic shot. The other thing this proves to me is the little .380 Tomcat or Walther PP I carry to church is inadequate for effective firepower at the distances shown in that video. I can now see that a .45 ACP 1911 or my 9mm Hi-Power, either probably in a shoulder holster, or my .44 Special Bulldog revolver on my hip, is going to be the preferred rig at church. The first man who was gunned down appeared to be reaching for a hand gun on his right rear hip, and was very slow in drawing his weapon. I'm not advocating being a fast draw, but he was too slow in drawing his weapon after detecting the threat. Watching the security officer, he ducked and drew his weapon in one motion and stepped forward with the single kill shot, as if he was well practiced, which is obvious he was. I'm sure this video will eventually show up on the youtube channel that TRH always posts for us.

I am a Church of Christ sheepdog also. Very eye opening, may change what I carry..
I counted 5 parishioners including two women. Most likely the good guy shooter had a 9mm. Local reports may specify some of those details.
MAGA is found in many places.
Watching the security officer, he ducked and drew his weapon in one motion and stepped forward with the single kill shot, as if he was well practiced, which is obvious he was. I'm sure this video will eventually show up on the youtube channel that TRH always posts for us.

The fat guy that was shot and the security guard both started reaching for their pistols at about the same time. The fat guy got his out sooner, though it looked like maybe the security guard needed 2 hands to get his loose. The biggest difference I saw was the guard brought his up and shot like he'd done it before, while the fat guy noodled his.
Originally Posted by ftbt

Looked like 7, including the security guy.

https://webmshare.com/play/aMVbY
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

It looks like the good guy who brought down the shooter had some kind of malfunction/stoppage after his first shot. He seems to be fiddling a lot with his pistol as if trying to clear a stoppage.
Very sad. Pretty obvious when the bullet strikes the bad guy.
Originally Posted by DryPowder
Here's the video from Twitter.

video

Thanks for the link.

There are a couple valuable lessons to be learned there.

The security guy who made the lethal shot was well practiced and proficient. He should be in charge of training the rest of the congregation.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Good shooting on the part of the guy who put the schidtstain down.

Yep. Good job !!!
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
This won't play well on the news. Good guy with a gun saved lives. That doesn't fit the narrative.

Evil exists.

Democrats didnt count on this, fake news time
I guess that may have answered the "Do you think as a side-armed citizen, you could have thwarted the El Paso shooter?" thread started by STARMAN.
Originally Posted by ChuckKY
I guess that may have answered the "Do you think as a side-armed citizen, you could have thwarted the El Paso shooter?" thread started by STARMAN.

Damn straight!
https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1211419394120790022

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Originally Posted by jdm953
Dont know about other places but here in Texas most churches have armed members.I bet it is common elsewhere.

Several churches in our area have armed parishioners, ours included. That video does make me think twice about what to carry. God was with the good guy today.
That's right...you just never know. I wish Texas would get Constitutional Carry like Kansas and Oklahoma have.

Fugg Biden ! 😡

[Linked Image from thegatewaypundit.com]

Should be that way in public schools vis a vis staff.
"Daddy no! Daddy no!" Then the young lady is conflicted as to who to tend to, daddy or the victim of daddy. She ultimately choses the victim. My theory is that daddy killed her boyfriend.

Yep. Should shut that whole idiotic bunch down cold.

Makes him look like the ass he is.
What was the context of the "Daddy no?" I couldn't match a face to it.
"Daddy no" is the girl screaming over everyone else. She gets up and runs to the victim, then towards daddy, then back to the victim. She has on a grey top with black collar.
Wow!

Glad the cops were there to save the day............

If that was a gun free zone there would have been a lot of dead people laying about.
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Wow!

Glad the cops were there to save the day............

If that was a gun free zone there would have been a lot of dead people laying about.

And THAT'S the lesson to be taken from this, for sure.

Ain't that the truth. But no matter what this clown does he always ends up looking like an azz.

**ADD to this, it was Biden who suggested shotguns should be a substitute pistols. What an azz-clown!
Originally Posted by ctsmith
"Daddy no" is the girl screaming over everyone else. She gets up and runs to the victim, then towards daddy, then back to the victim. She has on a grey top.

Makes no sense. I would have assumed her daddy was the first guy who drew and got shot down for being too slow to the draw. But you say her daddy was the guy trying to help the victim?
Her daddy was the shooter, the bad guy. Thats what I'm thinking.
Originally Posted by DMc

Ain't that the truth. But no matter what this clown does he always ends up looking like an azz.

**ADD to this, it was Biden who suggested shotguns should be a substitute pistols. What an azz-clown!

If he were the candidate, that would make a great ad against him, i.e., counterposing his statement about guns in churches with this would-be mass killer being shot down by parishioners.

Wow.
There are several of us in our congregation that carry. Most have no idea who is on this team. Wife also carries a piece in her purse. Sad reality that this is foisted upon so many.

Wow.

One article said the shooter was a homeless guy known to LEO.
She appeared to be in a different pew than the shooter...ran back and over to one of the victim's, didn't even look in the perps direction, I'm thinking daughter of one of the victims too.

Perp appeared to be a white guy wearing a trench coat or something seems like a red flag, wonder if thats why they were on that side possibly keeping tabs on him.

Mike
Posted By: SU35 Re: Church shooting Ft Worth TX - 12/30/19
tag
Couldn't have been a white gu
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
She appeared to be in a different pew than the shooter...ran back and over to one of the victim's, didn't even look in the perps direction, I'm thinking daughter of one of the victims too.

Perp appeared to be a white guy wearing a trench coat or something seems like a red flag, wonder if thats why they were on that side possibly keeping tabs on him.

Mike

Couldn't have been a white guy. That would have been the lead headline. I'll bet, when it all comes out, it was a Negro in dreads. Probably a street urchin that had been there before.
That is some fancy shooting, that was over real fast.
Originally Posted by 673
That is some fancy shooting, that was over real fast.

Turned him off like a light.
Did you notice the guy seated, stood and began to draw, but very slowly. He could see the shotgun ,I counted a rough 4 seconds from when he put his hand on his pistol, till he got shot. He must have been in disbelief what was about to happen? It's all hindsight, but he could have ended that right quick if he had committed to his draw and shot .
I agree, from what I see.
Originally Posted by 19352012
Very sad. Pretty obvious when the bullet strikes the bad guy.

Dropped like the bag of s’hit he was.

Wow.

Very dramatic for sure. I had the feeling her Daddy was one of the victims just shot.

I'd imagine the details will come out.
Originally Posted by JefeMojado
Did you notice the guy seated, stood and began to draw, but very slowly. He could see the shotgun ,I counted a rough 4 seconds from when he put his hand on his pistol, till he got shot. He must have been in disbelief what was about to happen? It's all hindsight, but he could have ended that right quick if he had committed to his draw and shot .

It looked to me like he was struggling/fumbling to get past his cover garments.

Might have been better to grab the shotgun and go to ground with the attacker....but it's always easy to call the better play after the fact, and from the cheap seats.
Something was said by the POS in an aggressive manner to the man holding the plate in the back corner. In hindsight the guy with the plate should’ve just tackled the POS right then rather than trying to get him to leave by pointing to the door. I can understand not wanting to cause a scene in church. But that’s not the world we’re living in today.
Monday morning quarterbacking isn't going to bring back the dead or heal the wounded, but we can all benefit from some after-action analysis. One of the important lessons we can take away is that people aren't content to be helpless victims any more- - - -I'm pretty sure all the armed responders were not dedicated security people. At least in Texas, the good guys shoot back!
Jerry
If there was ever a clear-cut case for the need to keep and bear arms, this is it.
Posted By: Dess Re: Church shooting Ft Worth TX - 12/30/19
Sad for everyone involved.

Easy for me to armchair quarterback the video after the fact.

Thank God for the security guy before it got worse.

FIFY!
Jerry

Rong.
Monday morning quarterbacking isn't going to bring back the dead or heal the wounded, but we can all benefit from some after-action analysis. One of the important lessons we can take away is that people aren't content to be helpless victims any more- - - -I'm pretty sure all the armed responders were not dedicated security people. At least in Texas, the good guys shoot back!
Jerry

Right.
Originally Posted by Sasha_and_Abby
The dude that got shot first was not thinking. He thought he could quick draw on the shotgun pointed at him, and it cost him.

He couldn't clear leather. Appeared to be a bit "portly" in build and just couldn't make his carry rig work. If you carry it make damn sure you can retrieve it.
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

Might have been better to grab the shotgun and go to ground with the attacker....but it's always easy to call the better play after the fact, and from the cheap seats.

Looks to me he was struggling to access his gun too.

Carrying concealed aint hard, carrying cocealed where you can present the gun inside two seconds Is a whole different ballgame.
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
If there was ever a clear-cut case for the need to keep and bear arms, this is it.

Yup. And a clear cut case for the abolishment of gun-free zones.
Originally Posted by River_Ridge

Several churches in our area have armed parishioners, ours included. That video does make me think twice about what to carry. God was with the good guy today.

Youre right. GOD guided that shot. PTL.
Originally Posted by DMc

Hey, guys like la Roy and gayghost and Rollin blunder like guys asses.

Problem is - 2 for the bad guy. May they RIP ! Prayers sent for ALL the families of those involved - including the bad guy's family.
Couldn't have been a white guy. That would have been the lead headline. I'll bet, when it all comes out, it was a Negro in dreads. Probably a street urchin that had been there before.

That was exactly my thought when I first heard about this shooting. The liberal media wants the American public to believe that mass shootings are always committed by white supremacists; when, in fact, the vast majority (nearly 70%) of these shootings/killings are committed by people other than white, and they're almost always Democrats. This doesn't support their gun control agenda, which is why the American Public rarely, if ever, hears about shootings committed by races other than Caucasian - and if they do, the subject is extremely brief and is dropped as quickly as possible. And this is why we have a new races all of the sudden like "white hispanic." The liberal media is pathetic.
12This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. 13Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. 14You are My friends if you do what I command you.…
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

It looked to me like he was attempting to make a slow movement towards his gun, so the shooter would not catch his arm motion towards his gun out of his peripheral vision.
I guess that may have answered the
"Do you think as a side-armed citizen, you could have thwarted the El Paso shooter?" thread started by STARMAN.

TRH,

Are you anywhere near as capable and cool nerved as the career seasoned X-FBI guy that took the perp down?

Are you even anywhere near as capable as your UTube idol John Correia says you need to be?

How many on the CF actually are?

sorry but old men with debilitating medical conditions finding their mojo from watching Clint Eastwood movies
doesnt classify them as capable.

I see only one person effectively standing up against the active shooter, the other half dozen came in after the fact
for one reason or another, ie; when the perp. was down-shotgun no longer blazing.

How many from the CF would have run toward the active shooter...?..so far we only have dreamy wannabes TRH and ChuckTool ...LOL

TRH ,
one xtra point...

Correia says he carries strapped to his ankle every day of his life, a first-aid trauma kit big enough to deal with close range
shotgun blast,....how big is the med.trauma kit that you carry on your person? . are you properly trained to use it?
Not everybody is a democrat (clueless and inept).
Warms my heart. I just love it when good people kill criminal scum. Texans know how to take care of business. Obama would of sent Eric Holder to the criminal's funeral.
Posted By: JeffA Re: Church shooting Ft Worth TX - 12/30/19

You are probably on to something there.
The Sutherland Springs Texas church massacre stemmed from domestic issues amongst members as well.
Originally Posted by JeffA

The Sutherland Springs Texas church massacre stemmed from domestic issues amongst members as well.

She was the daughter of the 2nd victim.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/d...qz1sbrUQ0Sxk4AMa6_3gBKu4V427S4jctFyjvxBc
"Daddy no! Daddy no!" Then the young lady is conflicted as to who to tend to, daddy or the victim of daddy. She ultimately choses the victim. My theory is that daddy killed her boyfriend.

I think you're mistaken.
She was hysterical having just seen her father getting murdered.
FLASHBACK: Joe Biden Recently Attacked the Governor of Texas for Allowing Church-Goers to Carry Weapons

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...-allowing-church-goers-to-carry-weapons/
Originally Posted by Starman
I see only one person effectively standing up against the active shooter, the other half dozen came in after the fact for one reason or another, ie; when the perp. was down-shotgun no longer blazing.

If that situation had lasted another five or ten seconds the shooter would have been engaged by multiple good guys. Have you never been in a situation where unexpected violence breaks out? It takes at least that long in a crowd situation to assess the situation, if I were in that crowd I might look the other way in case of a second shooter.

How many from the CF would have run toward the active shooter...?..

MANY people I know, including I’d expect most here. Heck in a school situation I’ve SEEN folks rush towards a fight scene where there was a credible report of a gun in the crowd. I’ve also seen a lady teacher confront a knife.

far we only have dreamy wannabes TRH and ChuckTool ...LOL

I’m starting to think most insults around here are a form of projection of one’s own qualities onto others.
Posted By: poboy Re: Church shooting Ft Worth TX - 12/30/19
Kudos to the guy that put the killer down. Hope myself and others can go off\on as fast.
Originally Posted by keith_dunlap

Sad. I figured it would be domestic, but apparently not.

Watched the interview with the daughter, a class act and strong in her faith.
the hero's Face Book page.

https://www.facebook.com/jack.wilson.92505956?__tn__=-UKH-R
"Do you think as a side-armed citizen, you could have thwarted the El Paso shooter?" thread started by STARMAN.

TRH,

Are you anywhere near as capable and cool nerved as the career seasoned X-FBI guy that took the perp down?

Are you even anywhere near as capable as your UTube idol John Correia says you need to be?

sorry but old men with debilitating medical conditions finding their mojo from watching Clint Eastwood movies

I see only one person effectively standing up against the active shooter, the other half dozen came in after the fact
for one reason or another, ie; when the perp. was down-shotgun no longer blazing.

How many from the CF would have run toward the active shooter...?..so far we only have dreamy wannabes TRH and ChuckTool ...LOL
You are absolutely clueless. For somebody who is neither LE nor military, TRH is probably in the top ten percent of highly trained persons on the Campfire or amongst the general populace.

May the victims and the hero as well as their family and friends find peace.

TRH,

I willing to bet money you wouldn't have been one to try and intervene or help at what ever level you could. You are a loud mouth arm chair commentator at best, a loud mouth coward at worst.
TRH ,
one xtra point...

Correia says he carries strapped to his ankle every day of his life, a first-aid trauma kit big enough to deal with close range
shotgun blast,....how big is the med.trauma kit that you carry on your person? . are you properly trained to use it?

I keep a First Aid Kit in every vehicle I own and take CPR/ First Aid classes every two years and I carry concealed everyday of my life. What does a blow-heart such as yourself carry in case people you may not even know needs your assistance medically or other wise. A business card with your name on it? I would only hope TRH or someone like him is around if I might need help in such a crisis, and not an Ambulance Chaser such as yourself.
TRH ,
one xtra point...

I keep a First Aid Kit in every vehicle I own and take CPR/ First Aid classes every two years and I carry concealed everyday of my life. What does a blow-heart sure as yourself carry in case people you may not even know needs your assistance medically or other wise. A business card with your name on it? I would only hope TRH or someone like him is around if I might need help in such a crisis, and not an Ambulance Chaser such as yourself.
Hear-hear.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Church shooting Ft Worth TX - 12/30/19
[

How many from the CF would have run toward the active shooter...?..

Easy answer, yes to all three and I'll bet money TRH would as well.
Starboy is nothing but a blithering idiot.

Give his posts the credit they deserve. None.
I agreed with most of y'all, that the mainstream media would put a lid on this story.
But, no! I watch the NBC Nightly News every night. This is their main news edition with Lester Holt at 6:30 pm.
Last night, this was the lead story.

https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news

And, they played the video. And the announcer said that it was a church member with a gun who killed the bad guy. I couldn't believe they gave top billing to the story, and were honest about it.

Typical CF expert. Wrong.

Thinking wrong.
Originally Posted by callnum

Kinda like you...
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by callnum

Kinda like you...

Rong. Hes a dumbassed lying commie numbnuts.
Any updates on the shooter? I have not been able to track anything down.
So.......what was Mr. Wilson’s hardware of choice yesterday? 40?
Posted By: skeen Re: Church shooting Ft Worth TX - 12/30/19
Stole this comment off of Colion Noir's YouTube channel.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V5XILF0d7U
Wilson shared his thoughts on the Jack Wilson County Commissioner for Precinct 3 Campaign Facebook page, revealing that he was that person.

“I’m thankful to GOD that I have been blessed with the ability and desire to serve him in the role of head of security at the church."

He indicated in the comment thread that he used the following firearm: “SIG P229-357 SIG.”

Wilson is running for political office, and he is a big supporter of President Trump.
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Wilson shared his thoughts on the Jack Wilson County Commissioner for Precinct 3 Campaign Facebook page, revealing that he was that person.

“I’m thankful to GOD that I have been blessed with the ability and desire to serve him in the role of head of security at the church."

He indicated in the comment thread that he used the following firearm: “SIG P229-357 SIG.”

Wilson is running for political office, and he is a big supporter of President Trump.

Excellent weapon and caliber.
Interesting. I’m betting the .357 SIG sees some new love after this.

Not so far.

It'll be interesting if we even get the real facts about who he was.

I SURE don't buy the "Homeless Guy" story in any way. How many homeless guys do we know that own a sawed off shotgun?

One of the churchgoers said the shooter was wearing a fake beard.
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Yep. Without folks carrying, this would have been a high casualty massacre within five minutes of the first round fired.
Originally Posted by Dess

My understanding was that he wasn't an actual paid security guard, but rather a parishioner who volunteered to play that role during services.

Not so far.

I SURE don't buy the "Homeless Guy" story in any way. How many homeless guys do we know that own a sawed off shotgun?

I take it no pictures or general description...

My understanding was that he wasn't an actual paid security guard, but rather a parishioner who volunteered to play that role during services.

Correct.
Posted By: ftbt Re: Church shooting Ft Worth TX - 12/30/19
From the hero - 70 year old Jack Wilson - a former FBI Agent:

[Linked Image from i.dailymail.co.uk]

“The FBI is investigating the shooting and they have not released the identity of the gunman. They say he was 'relatively transient' but was known to have connections to the area.”

See:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ch-shooting-64-year-old-grandfather.html

I seen last night on facebook where someone said Wilson was retired ex-FBI and also use to own a firing range that burned recently. If so, he most likely got plenty of time to keep his marksmanship honed, and it enabled him to save lives.
Originally Posted by Barney_Fife
Something was said by the POS in an aggressive manner to the man holding the plate in the back corner. In hindsight the guy with the plate should’ve just tackled the POS right then rather than trying to get him to leave by pointing to the door. I can understand not wanting to cause a scene in church. But that’s not the world we’re living in today.

This all goes back to the three general classification of people. Sheep (victims,) wolves (evil) and sheep dogs (defenders.)

He's "holed" up.

Not so far.

I take it no pictures or general description...

He was reported by the daughter of one of the victims as a white man wearing a fake beard.
Hard to imagine 24 plus hours after and there is scant information on him...

As reported by NBC News, Dallas FBI field office special agent Matt DeSarno said that investigators were working on figuring out the shooter’s motive. He described the man as a “relatively transient” person with roots in the area. The shooter also had a criminal record, and had been arrested multiple times in various cities.

Bevering said of the shooter, who has not been identified, that he appeared to have walked into the church and sat down. “He got up, pulled out a shotgun and fired it at a parishioner,” Bevering said. “That parishioner is deceased.”

Tiffany Wallace, who witnessed the shooting, described the gunman as a white man with a fake beard and black hair who was wearing a trench coat.
Originally Posted by Barney_Fife
Interesting. I’m betting the .357 SIG sees some new love after this.

Yep. Put the guy down like a lightning bolt. But if it was a head shot, so would a .38 Special.
They should’ve had a quick trial on scene, and posthumously sentenced him to death by traffic, dragged his azz out onto the highway, and let traffic drive over his carcass all day and night. Make a live feed of it over the internet for the world to watch.

That’s how you put a dent in this. Good ole frontier justice.

That is odd.
Wonder what firearm the bad guy had and how he got it.
Cut down shotgun or one of the Shockwave types?

Read the bad guy had a wig and fake beard, known transient w roots in the area, but nothing mentioned past that.
Originally Posted by hookeye

Read the bad guy had a wig and fake beard, known transient w roots in the area, but nothing mentioned past that.

How does a transient acquire a Shockwave? I guess he could have burglarized it.

‘Nother thing you’re not aware of (of course); when the end of one’s life is inevitably approaching, an express ticket to Valhalla while engaged in taking out scum ain’t the worst thing that could happen.
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91

I seen last night on facebook where someone said Wilson was retired ex-FBI and also use to own a firing range that burned recently. If so, he most likely got plenty of time to keep his marksmanship honed, and it enabled him to save lives.

Here’s a report from FOX about the Hero who took out the Shooter:

Hero ex-FBI agent who stopped Texas church shooting says he 'had to take out' gunman because 'evil exists'

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-church-shooting-man-take-out-gunman-west-freeway-church

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.
Originally Posted by stxhunter

This is Mr Wilson's FB page.
Originally Posted by keith_dunlap
Originally Posted by JeffA

She was the daughter of the 2nd victim.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/d...qz1sbrUQ0Sxk4AMa6_3gBKu4V427S4jctFyjvxBc

That's what I figured by her tone, and seeing her run to one of the fallen victims....who turns out to be her father.
From the hero - 70 year old Jack Wilson - a former FBI Agent:

“The FBI is investigating the shooting and they have not released the identity of the gunman. They say he was 'relatively transient' but was known to have connections to the area.”

See:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ch-shooting-64-year-old-grandfather.html

Thank you sir. Your cool head and shooting skill saved many lives.
Posted By: efw Re: Church shooting Ft Worth TX - 12/30/19
What Starman DOESN'T grasp would take up a lot more space than what he does.

Thank God for that hero.

Whether perfectly trained or not is happily take a good guy with a gun in a situation I’m faced with a bad guy with a gun.

If the good guy with a gun isn’t properly trained in first aid it’s still more likely that fewer innocent victims suffer than had he not been there.

Again, thank God for that hero.

He's "holed" up.

You are a sick man. But, that is funny!
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

He's "holed" up.

You are a sick man. But, that is funny!

“The man who shot two people at a White Settlement Church on Sunday before he was killed by church security has been identified as 43-year-old Keith Thomas Kinnunen, of River Oaks, according to two law enforcement sources.

Kinnunen had a criminal record in Tarrant County including charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon in 2009 and theft of property in 2013.

He also was arrested in September 2016 for possession of an illegal weapon in Linden, New Jersey after he was found taking pictures outside an oil refinery, according to news reports at the time.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...-was-wearing-fake-beard-during-shooting/
Posted By: PWN Re: Church shooting Ft Worth TX - 12/30/19
Good interview with the hero who killed the Texas church shooter.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/r...oter-in-white-settlement-church/2283777/
Originally Posted by hookeye

Mr. Wilson stated in the interview it was an 18 inch barreled shotgun with a pistol grip (loaded with 00 buck). A Shockwave or TAC 14 type hand cannon is 14 inch.

If you watch the (twitter) video in slo mo that .357 SIG seriously rearranged the hairdoo on that POS. Up to 5 million views in 24hrs as of this post BTW.
© 24hourcampfire