Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Monday morning quarterbacking isn't going to bring back the dead or heal the wounded, but we can all benefit from some after-action analysis. One of the important lessons we can take away is that people aren't content to be helpless victims any more- - - -I'm pretty sure all the armed responders were not dedicated security people. At least in Texas, the good guys shoot back!
Jerry

Right.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Sasha_and_Abby
The dude that got shot first was not thinking. He thought he could quick draw on the shotgun pointed at him, and it cost him.

He couldn't clear leather. Appeared to be a bit "portly" in build and just couldn't make his carry rig work. If you carry it make damn sure you can retrieve it.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Originally Posted by JefeMojado
Did you notice the guy seated, stood and began to draw, but very slowly. He could see the shotgun ,I counted a rough 4 seconds from when he put his hand on his pistol, till he got shot. He must have been in disbelief what was about to happen? It's all hindsight, but he could have ended that right quick if he had committed to his draw and shot .

It looked to me like he was struggling/fumbling to get past his cover garments.

Might have been better to grab the shotgun and go to ground with the attacker....but it's always easy to call the better play after the fact, and from the cheap seats.

Looks to me he was struggling to access his gun too.

Carrying concealed aint hard, carrying cocealed where you can present the gun inside two seconds Is a whole different ballgame.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
If there was ever a clear-cut case for the need to keep and bear arms, this is it.

Yup. And a clear cut case for the abolishment of gun-free zones.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by River_Ridge
Originally Posted by jdm953
Dont know about other places but here in Texas most churches have armed members.I bet it is common elsewhere.

Several churches in our area have armed parishioners, ours included. That video does make me think twice about what to carry. God was with the good guy today.

Youre right. GOD guided that shot. PTL.

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by DMc
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Makes him look like the ass he is.

Ain't that the truth. But no matter what this clown does he always ends up looking like an azz.

**ADD to this, it was Biden who suggested shotguns should be a substitute pistols. What an azz-clown!

Hey, guys like la Roy and gayghost and Rollin blunder like guys asses.

I Dindo Nuffin
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by watch4bear
the gunman shot a server with a shotgun during communion before he was taken down by another church member.

chalk one up for the good guys

Problem is - 2 for the bad guy. May they RIP ! Prayers sent for ALL the families of those involved - including the bad guy's family.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Couldn't have been a white guy. That would have been the lead headline. I'll bet, when it all comes out, it was a Negro in dreads. Probably a street urchin that had been there before.

That was exactly my thought when I first heard about this shooting. The liberal media wants the American public to believe that mass shootings are always committed by white supremacists; when, in fact, the vast majority (nearly 70%) of these shootings/killings are committed by people other than white, and they're almost always Democrats. This doesn't support their gun control agenda, which is why the American Public rarely, if ever, hears about shootings committed by races other than Caucasian - and if they do, the subject is extremely brief and is dropped as quickly as possible. And this is why we have a new races all of the sudden like "white hispanic." The liberal media is pathetic.

Last edited by High_Noon; 12/29/19.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
12This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. 13Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. 14You are My friends if you do what I command you.…

I Dindo Nuffin
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Originally Posted by JefeMojado
Did you notice the guy seated, stood and began to draw, but very slowly. He could see the shotgun ,I counted a rough 4 seconds from when he put his hand on his pistol, till he got shot. He must have been in disbelief what was about to happen? It's all hindsight, but he could have ended that right quick if he had committed to his draw and shot .

It looked to me like he was struggling/fumbling to get past his cover garments.

Might have been better to grab the shotgun and go to ground with the attacker....but it's always easy to call the better play after the fact, and from the cheap seats.

It looked to me like he was attempting to make a slow movement towards his gun, so the shooter would not catch his arm motion towards his gun out of his peripheral vision.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by ChuckKY
I guess that may have answered the
"Do you think as a side-armed citizen, you could have thwarted the El Paso shooter?" thread started by STARMAN.

Yep. Should shut that whole idiotic bunch down cold.

TRH,

Are you anywhere near as capable and cool nerved as the career seasoned X-FBI guy that took the perp down?

Are you even anywhere near as capable as your UTube idol John Correia says you need to be?

How many on the CF actually are?

sorry but old men with debilitating medical conditions finding their mojo from watching Clint Eastwood movies
doesnt classify them as capable.

I see only one person effectively standing up against the active shooter, the other half dozen came in after the fact
for one reason or another, ie; when the perp. was down-shotgun no longer blazing.

How many from the CF would have run toward the active shooter...?..so far we only have dreamy wannabes TRH and ChuckTool ...LOL

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
TRH ,
one xtra point...

Correia says he carries strapped to his ankle every day of his life, a first-aid trauma kit big enough to deal with close range
shotgun blast,....how big is the med.trauma kit that you carry on your person? . are you properly trained to use it?

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Not everybody is a democrat (clueless and inept).

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Warms my heart. I just love it when good people kill criminal scum. Texans know how to take care of business. Obama would of sent Eric Holder to the criminal's funeral.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ctsmith
Her daddy was the shooter, the bad guy. Thats what I'm thinking.

You are probably on to something there.
The Sutherland Springs Texas church massacre stemmed from domestic issues amongst members as well.

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by JeffA
Her daddy was the shooter, the bad guy. Thats what I'm thinking.

You are probably on to something there.
The Sutherland Springs Texas church massacre stemmed from domestic issues amongst members as well.

She was the daughter of the 2nd victim.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/d...qz1sbrUQ0Sxk4AMa6_3gBKu4V427S4jctFyjvxBc

Last edited by keith_dunlap; 12/30/19.

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"Daddy no! Daddy no!" Then the young lady is conflicted as to who to tend to, daddy or the victim of daddy. She ultimately choses the victim. My theory is that daddy killed her boyfriend.

I think you're mistaken.
She was hysterical having just seen her father getting murdered.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
FLASHBACK: Joe Biden Recently Attacked the Governor of Texas for Allowing Church-Goers to Carry Weapons

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...-allowing-church-goers-to-carry-weapons/

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Starman
I see only one person effectively standing up against the active shooter, the other half dozen came in after the fact for one reason or another, ie; when the perp. was down-shotgun no longer blazing.

If that situation had lasted another five or ten seconds the shooter would have been engaged by multiple good guys. Have you never been in a situation where unexpected violence breaks out? It takes at least that long in a crowd situation to assess the situation, if I were in that crowd I might look the other way in case of a second shooter.

How many from the CF would have run toward the active shooter...?..

MANY people I know, including I’d expect most here. Heck in a school situation I’ve SEEN folks rush towards a fight scene where there was a credible report of a gun in the crowd. I’ve also seen a lady teacher confront a knife.

far we only have dreamy wannabes TRH and ChuckTool ...LOL

I’m starting to think most insults around here are a form of projection of one’s own qualities onto others.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Kudos to the guy that put the killer down. Hope myself and others can go off\on as fast.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

489 members (19rabbit52, 222Sako, 308xray, 29aholic, 12344mag, 1badf350, 39 invisible), 1,752 guests, and 1,197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,010
Posts18,520,643
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.