Home
https://fox61.com/2020/01/11/couple...-bats-and-post-videos-to-youtube-police/
One's right not to be harmed should be severely curtailed (in terms of legal protection) if it occurs in the context of having been caught in the act of stealing.
But in Cali-fookedup- ifornia, it is not a crime to steal anything worth less than $950. Technically, then, it was an unprovoked assault.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
But in Cali-fookedup- ifornia, it is not a crime to steal anything worth less than $950. Technically, then, it was an unprovoked assault.

only thing they did wrong is record it and have witnesses....
They could be Google employee's. Bicycles are free for them.
It may be time for a little frontier justice. Never have believed Judge Roy Bean let convicted criminals lounge around in jail. Hasbeen
Similar to the victim of serial robberies who moved his car away from the house and sneaked home to lie in wait for the robbers so he could kill them on video.

Premeditated murder in that case, premeditated serial assault in this case. And in both cases, the perps provide all the evidence necessary to ensure conviction.

I guess it must have been fun while it lasted.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
You cant set a trap for people.....unless yer the cops.
Good reason not to record or photograph schitt that could get you in trouble!!

Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Yeah! Like that time the hooker turned out to be a cop. I tried tellin’ em she was too damn good lookin’ to be a $20 hooker!
No conviction if I am on the jury
Originally Posted by Clarkm

I agree
Ditto. Deliberately left out or not, a thief is still thief.

Where is that "Bait Car" show filmed? Where the cops leave a nice car unlocked with the keys in it or something. Talk about setting a deliberate trap. But even then, an honest person will walk right by it...

Clearly, those homeowners should have been giving out koolaid and blauxjobs out front to any would be thieves.

$950? C'mon. That's not crime. Should be 10x that much.
There is a difference between setting a trap in order to catch a criminal, and setting a trap so that you may commit a felony.
Where I differ is that if I catch a thief in the act and beat his ass with a pick handle it shouldn't be a felony or a misdemeanor for that matter.
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

Yeah! Like that time the hooker turned out to be a cop. I tried tellin’ em she was too damn good lookin’ to be a $20 hooker!

A friend of mine had a younger brother who was kind of wild got arrested by a good looking undercover cop posing as a prostitute in San Antonio. When they put him in jail he was scared to death because there was bunch of rough looking characters in his cell. The biggest meanest looking guy asked him why he was in jail (the only white guy) and he told him he tried to get a female cop to give him a blow job. They all laughed and left him alone until his brother bailed him out.
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
There is a difference between setting a trap in order to catch a criminal, and setting a trap so that you may commit a felony.

Glad I live in Texas where it's not a felony to shoot someone who is stealing your property (which also can be a felony depending on the value of what they are stealing). I probably wouldn't shoot somebody stealing a bicycle (don't have one) but probably would shoot someone breaking into one of my vehicles.
Originally Posted by gemby58
Originally Posted by Clarkm

I agree

Yep.

All Americans should be taught about jury nullification. The Founders intended for us to exercise it.
In California, a citizen may use "necessary force" to detain a lawbreaker, felony or misdemeanor, until law enforcement arrives. California Penal Code 837. But, it all comes down to the D.A., and what he considers necessary force, and whether the citizen making the detainment really wants to mix it up with a low life, it's pretty much a loser with the 950 dollar threshold, in my case, a tweaker swiped the electronics out of my boat. When I turned it in to the cops, the desk lady didn't want the serial numbers of the electronics??? You'd think they would at least want them to check the pawn shops. Nope. Very hard at the time, to weigh the pros and cons when you are angry, but if I had confronted the suspect and it escalated, to the worst case scenario, I think I could have gotten hard time...no more guns, and the grandkids, "Gramps, why did you go to jail?"
I guess I differ from the vocal majority around here. I have a moral code which prohibits me from deliberately provoking people to commit acts which I can use to self justify physically harming or killing them.

Because that is exactly what most of the posters here are advocating.

"I ain't responsible for what I done. Cause he done something bad first."

One could easily compare the deliberate presentation of temptation to an act of Satan.
I guess I differ from the vocal majority around here. I have a moral code which prohibits me from deliberately provoking people to commit acts which I can use to self justify physically harming or killing them.

Because that is exactly what most of the posters here are advocating.

"I ain't responsible for what I done. Cause he done something bad first."

One could easily compare the deliberate presentation of temptation to an act of Satan.

Cops have been doing it forever. They leave cars in high crime areas with the keys in, for example, and are capable of locking the doors and stalling the car remotely, so they can catch them in the car. The law on this is that, so long as you didn't suggest to them that they should commit a crime, you are allowed to set up tempting targets for criminals, and it's not entrapment.
The cops are not beating the fug out of them or shooting them for self gratification.
the rule of law is dead.
just review the last few months of activity in the lower house that thinks it is the whole government.

There are no great bargains in the hooker world.
I am sure they were doing it to fight crime and make the streets safer.........probably had nothing to do with YouTube hits...............

Wanna bet?
Moral code? How about don't fool with what isn't yours even if it's easy? If you act right you won't get your skull cracked.

If you had your beer goggles on, that won't wash.
The cops are not beating the fug out of them or shooting them for self gratification.

If they offer resistance, they do.
Originally Posted by mathman
Moral code? How about don't fool with what isn't yours even if it's easy? If you act right you won't get your skull cracked.

Don't have a problem with that code.
Don't even have a problem with righteous vigilante justice.

Do have a problem with people deliberately setting others up to commit crimes upon them and then playing the victim card.

I would be happy to see the two jackwads in Cali spend life without, or 25 years for each assault committed, served consecutively, wich ever seems to be the lesser sentence.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Every one of those take downs is video recorded, usually from several angles.

That ain't self gratification. And it ain't what this thread is about.

Why do you frame it in terms of self-gratification. Isn't it more about comeuppance?
All bicyclists need to be beaten, be they rightful owners or thieves.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
All bicyclists need to be beaten, be they rightful owners or thieves.

+1
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

Wanna bet?

Dont answer that, Jim.

Its a trap!

Why do you frame as being purely about self-gratification. Isn't it more about comeuppance?

Sure is. The dumb f*cks did it four times, video'd it, and posted the videos online.

I'd say, they got their comeuppance.
1. If there's a rat in the attic I'll put a wad of peanut butter on a Victor trap and if he goes for it then it's tough for him.

2. If there's a bike thief operating in the neighborhood then I'll prop up a bike against the porch and if he goes for it then it's tough for him.

What is the logical difference between 1 and 2?
Doing it repeatedly, and posting videos of it.
1. If there's a rat in the attic I'll put a wad of peanut butter on a Victor trap and if he goes for it then it's tough for him.

2. If there's a bike thief operating in the neighborhood then I'll prop up a bike against the porch and if he goes for it then it's tough for him.

The rat is just looking for a bite to eat. The thief is looking to enrich himself at the expense of his fellow human beings in disregard for their fundamental rights.
Putting the smackdown on a thief- - - - - -good!

Doing it on video- - - - -STUPID!

The cops turn the camera off before they beat somebody to a bloody pulp. Ever heard of a "screen test"?
Jerry

The rat is just looking for a bite to eat. The thief is looking to enrich himself at the expense of his fellow human beings in disregard for their fundamental rights.

Even better, the rat isn't as bad as the thief.
Originally Posted by MadMooner

Wanna bet?

Dont answer that, Jim.

Its a trap!

Hmmmmm......seems legit to me........
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Ditto. Deliberately left out or not, a thief is still thief.

Where is that "Bait Car" show filmed? Where the cops leave a nice car unlocked with the keys in it or something. Talk about setting a deliberate trap. But even then, an honest person will walk right by it...

[quote=Jim in Idaho]Ditto. Deliberately left out or not, a thief is still thief.

A guy got shot for that in this town one night right on a school campus. From what I was given to understand the Cops hit the “kill” switch of the bait vehicle right across the back fence. The perp bailed, hopped over the 8ft fence but dropped a handgun in the act. Stopping to pick it up proved fatal.
Speaking of California just saw Newsom come up with another gem. Since no one is paying traffic and parking fines he now wants those fines administered in cost by one’s income. If you commit same infraction and poor you pay almost zippo, if high income earner you’re soaked. Progressive is regressive. Under State Constitution it’s probably unconstitutional, but what the hell that never stops a Marxist.
I would be happy to see the two jackwads in Cali spend life without, or 25 years for each assault committed, served consecutively, wich ever seems to be the lesser sentence.

Pretty harsh there, Judge. What do you recommend for overdue library books? 10 years hard labor?
What do we think about something like this? Not beating the thieves but it's a deliberate bait, in fact it's called bait bike. These guys make several prank videos involving bikes, skateboards, exploding purses and such.

Disclaimer: This could all be fake and staged, I don't know. Just considering the moral/legal implications if they aren't.

What a BS law, you can shoot a sombitch here for pushing a bicycle or lawnmower out of your garage if you want too.
I'd fine the the guys who filmed themselves the cost of whatever they used to film it. Stupid should hurt at least a little bit. As for the thief he should get one swat for each dollar in value of the bike using the same type of cane the Singapore guys use. No more 15 in a day.

You just aren't seeing the win/win in this. Bicycle owners got thrown in jail and wannabe bicycle owners got beaten. How the hell this won't become a forty page celebration is beyond me.
The bottom line............arrested for having fun.
No issues here at all with leaving a bike in the yard, the keys in my warming rig, or a stuffed deer in the woods to nail road hunters. I'm not the one committing the crime.

Violators should be apprehended, but no one gets a license to issue beat downs.

Years back my mower fritzed and was blowing oil. Parked it at the end of my drive way for months, and damn, no one would steal it. Had several neighbors warn me that I should be more careful, so I had to explain the reasoning behind my actions. Finally found a guy with a motor that needed a frame and he packed it off.

Never caught a thief, but I know the temptation would be there if I did.
looks like they moved to the wrong neighborhood.
Originally Posted by gunner500

What a BS law, you can shoot a sombitch here for pushing a bicycle or lawnmower out of your garage if you want too.

no you can not , you can shoot only if you or others life is threatened .
I think Ok and Texas have different laws.
Originally Posted by persiandog

no you can not , you can shoot only if you or others life is threatened .

You need to get a handle on the Free State of Oklahoma's laws Sir.
You're supposed to put a "For Sale" sign on that stuff out by the curb- - - - -it'll be gone overnight!
Jerry
Originally Posted by jaguartx

You're right Jag, Oklahoma has the make my day law, plus, in 2012 they had an addition added to that law, someone walks up in your yard with their hand in their pocket threatening you, well, blast away if you want, in this part of the world, a Woman or old Folk can damn near about shoot you for anything, law doesn't really care, I'm good with that.
Originally Posted by 1minute
No issues here at all with leaving a bike in the yard, the keys in my warming rig, or a stuffed deer in the woods to nail road hunters. I'm not the one committing the crime.

What would be the effect if violators had it in the back of their minds that by their own actions they were granting license for the beat down they could get?
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
You're supposed to put a "For Sale" sign on that stuff out by the curb- - - - -it'll be gone overnight!
Jerry

And then BOOM, BOOM, freeze! grin

What would be the effect if violators had it in the back of their minds that by their own actions they were granting license for the beat down they could get?

Yes, 1minutes post is to damn liberal, there are SEVERE consequences for bad behavior.
Look up the "The Big Four" I went to college with one member He had a way with people.

didn't know that , but I wouldn't shoot , i can replace a bicycle.
"Originally Posted by 1minute

Violators should be apprehended, but no one gets a license to issue beat downs."

How many violators have you apprehended?

You're right Jag, Oklahoma has the make my day law, plus, in 2012 they had an addition added to that law, someone walks up in your yard with their hand in their pocket threatening you, well, blast away if you want, in this part of the world, a Woman or old Folk can damn near about shoot you for anything, law doesn't really care, I'm good with that.

Well, horse theives were strung up. A mans mean of transportation. Now, if I had a real expensive mountain bike a guy could get real wounded. wink
My cousins son was commercial fishing Lake Livingston once and caught a couple guys running his trot lines.

Being pretty big and pissed he whipped them out of their boat into the drink where they had to swim to shore while the breeze carried their boat across the lake.
that guy is a lucky man, damn good woman wanna help you kick some neighborhood ass

She is wife material
Cops always want more community involvement.

Until they get more community involvement.
Paul, I'm a cyclist and don't rightly know why you hate me. I cycled for 12 years to work, at the local prison. I was a transportation officer for many years. Please come to my house and step up on the porch. We don't beat folks like you here. We pray for them. Be Well, Rustyzipper Oh, by the way, if you try to beat me it might not go the way you think.

Entrapment. A guy may not approach what he thinks is a hooker if the temptation is not presented and on display in the first place.
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Cops always want more community involvement.

Until they get more community involvement.

This^^^^
Originally Posted by Rustyzipper
Paul, I'm a cyclist and don't rightly know why you hate me. I cycled for 12 years to work, at the local prison. I was a transportation officer for many years. Please come to my house and step up on the porch. We don't beat folks like you here. We pray for them. Be Well, Rustyzipper Oh, by the way, if you try to beat me it might not go the way you think.

Paul is fairly well known on here as a bike rider. He started a thread a while back about being one. It went on for a pretty good number of pages after everybody else got involved.
Originally Posted by dodgefan

Paul is fairly well known on here as a HOSTILE bike rider. He started a thread a while back about being one. It went on for a pretty good number of pages after everybody else got involved.

FIXT
Originally Posted by MadMooner

Wanna bet?

Dont answer that, Jim.

Its a trap!

Hmmmmm......seems legit to me........

[Linked Image from i.etsystatic.com]

Years back my mower fritzed and was blowing oil. Parked it at the end of my drive way for months, and damn, no one would steal it. Had several neighbors warn me that I should be more careful, so I had to explain the reasoning behind my actions. Finally found a guy with a motor that needed a frame and he packed it off.

Never caught a thief, but I know the temptation would be there if I did.

I've worked in this circus 30+ years now. And those scumbags learned more from that beatdown than they ever could from cycling through the legal-industrial complex. For the justice system to work properly you have to have something to lose. Most of those schitts have nothing that isn't someone else's. If more sub-human scum were getting beaten or shot for their douchebaggery the world we live in would be a little better place.

Maybe come out and try fighting in the trenches for a bit before you get all lofty in your morals.

Why do you frame it in terms of self-gratification. Isn't it more about comeuppance?

Okay, I am home. Been shopping for hats and paying for a funeral.

I frame it as self gratification because that is what it was. Two people laying in wait, and assaulting wanna be thieves with baseball bats on several different occasions, while video recording the events and sharing them with the world are not thinking about justice.

They are getting their jollies.

Just a different form of masturbation.
Originally Posted by Morewood

Pretty harsh there, Judge. What do you recommend for overdue library books? 10 years hard labor?

Overdue library books is not serial assault with a deadly weapon, compounded with conspiracy charges. Hell, if I was the DA, they would probably be facing about four counts of premeditated attempted murder.
I see it as putting out the word that steeling schidt in this neighborhood will not go unpunished.

Scroats understand the language and just because Gavin and Jerry turn a blind eye to thievery, the word needs to get out that folks is tired of this schidt.
I don't mind a thief getting a beating, but have to object to these two classified as "good Californians".
Pummel a thief, no problem, post it on social media, you are a moron.
Originally Posted by Barkoff
I don't mind a thief getting a beating, but have to object to these two classified as "good Californians".

How can it be, that the easiest "S", always seems ta be the hardest?
Numerous videos online of thieves in Brazil etc being shot through their hand, some both hands
Originally Posted by Morewood

Overdue library books is not serial assault with a deadly weapon, compounded with conspiracy charges. Hell, if I was the DA, they would probably be facing about four counts of premeditated attempted murder.

Their mistake was not shouting, "sir, please stop resisting" during the beat down. grin
Did everyone miss the part where the neighbors said there haven't been any thefts lately?

When you pay fuel tax, road tax, have a license plate and insurance I'll respect your presence on the road. Until then you are what is called a speed bump.
Originally Posted by dodgefan

Paul is fairly well known on here as a bike rider. He started a thread a while back about being one. It went on for a pretty good number of pages after everybody else got involved.

I switched sides. The compelling, logical, convincing arguments of my brethren and 'Flave have converted me.
I whole heartedly support their actions.

Anybody got the video?
should have wired it up to some 220. or 221, whatever it takes.

I said they were good guys, not geniuses. Sheesh. Quibble, quibble, quibble. You are aware there is no sarcasm face, right? Do you go through life evaluating the efficacy of every word in every phrase?

Are you from Cal.?
Originally Posted by 700LH
Numerous videos online of thieves in Brazil etc being shot through their hand, some both hands

In Brazil the Police vans have a picture of large bull’s-eye with a body lying at the bottom. The bull’s-eye is about 7' in diameter. The graphic is to communicate to the illiterate population. A single police officer will go into bar and thirty people will instantly run to the wall and face it with their hands up. I had several instances where I didn't jump when a police officer was present. The officers were enraged that I would walk by them without a demonstration of fear. The military was more like the police that we are used to, but with full automatic M16's. Live is cheap in Brazil.

What world do you live in?
Cops around the country do it every day.
Originally Posted by dassa
Did everyone miss the part where the neighbors said there haven't been any thefts lately?

That's a natural consequence of communities taking responsibility for dealing with crime. This is why Italian neighborhoods have a reputation for being crime free oases in New York, i.e., their tendency to deal with street level criminals directly, rather than calling the cops. Once that reputation is established, street level crime has a tendency to disappear.

That's a natural consequence of communities taking responsibility for dealing with crime. This is why Italian neighborhoods have a reputation for being crime free oases in New York, i.e., their tendency to deal with street level criminals directly, rather than calling the cops. Once that reputation is established, street level crime has a tendency to disappear.

Those folks lived in a time before smart phones........
I still believe that in today’s age ‘those folks’ would have the good sense not to video/post such encounters. The idiot who did so would be dealt with appropriately.

George

I said they were good guys, not geniuses. Sheesh. Quibble, quibble, quibble. You are aware there is no sarcasm face, right?

Are you from Cal.?

Quibbling? You used the term “Good Californians”.

Do you go through life evaluating the efficacy of every word in every phrase? ”

Well ya, it’s called reading comprehension, you wrote the words, I Interpreted their meaning. I would not consider these people, good people, is that OK? /SI

Originally Posted by whackem_stackem

Not when they know they are covered by four surveillance cameras, they don"t.

Why not?

Oh, because it is against the law.
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem

Not when they know they are covered by four surveillance cameras, they don"t.

Why not?

Oh, because it is against the law.

Not if they are shouting "Sir, please stop resisting." LOL.

That's unfortunate. Cyclists deserve nothing more than to have stolen the tools they use for discourtesy, disruption and danger to traffic.

That's unfortunate. Cyclists deserve nothing more than to have stolen the tools they use for discourtesy, disruption and danger to traffic.

Did you lose a family member to a bicyclist or something?

I said they were good guys, not geniuses. Sheesh. Quibble, quibble, quibble. You are aware there is no sarcasm face, right?

Are you from Cal.?

Well ya, it’s called reading comprehension, you wrote the words, I Interpreted their meaning. I would not consider these people, good people, is that OK? /SI

I call them "good". smile

You are definitely a woman. Or there is a woman posting under your login.

Only other people who act like this are Mormons.

again, rules for us and not them

Are you from Cal.?

I call them "good". smile

I wonder what "Bubba" will call them? Perhaps Sweetheart?
© 24hourcampfire