Home
Pretty well done.

Insane story, especially from an investigator's perspective.
The wife and I watched the first episode, I agree very well done...I'm thankful I wasn't one of his "Friends".
I missed the show last night. It is a fascinating story, the guy a starting player with the Patriots, and he threw it all away.
Probably, he murdered a couple of guys down in Florida while in college.
I watched all of them . Very,very interesting
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I missed the show last night. It is a fascinating story, the guy a starting player with the Patriots, and he threw it all away.

How does one miss a show on NetFlix?
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

How does one miss a show on NetFlix?

Some people have mad skilz
If this film follows the same formula adopted by left-wingers it will be predictable.Since Hollywood has sold their soul to sodomy I fully expect the makers of this film to excuse Hernandez's homosexuality.They will at the very least create a character with whom the viewers can sympathize.

He was a closeted homosexual that may have been serial killer.

Originally Posted by rte
He was a closeted homosexual that may have been serial killer.
Sexual perversion is a far better predictor of serial killers than even animal cruelty.
Originally Posted by rte
I haven't watched it nor do I plan to watch it.

Thanks for sharing.
An interesting character for sure
The guy could have been the highest paid TE in football.

The Patriots organization, Belichick and his teammates knew he was a thug and violent felon and sheltered him. Sick phugks.
Idiot fans supported him in Gainesville when he got mixed up in the shooting of a police officer. What kind of idiot covers for a thug like that? For football?
Originally Posted by smarquez
Idiot fans supported him in Gainesville when he got mixed up in the shooting of a police officer. What kind of idiot covers for a thug like that? For football?

All universities do.

That's one of the reasons I don't watch college football.
IBI?

Idjet being Idjet?

Geno
Originally Posted by local_dirt

The Patriots organization, Belichick and his teammates knew he was a thug and violent felon and sheltered him. Sick phugks.

Yeah so did Urban Meyer who really enabled him and knew all about him as well.
All it boils down to is...a thug, is a thug, is a thug. Just because he played football well doesn't take that away.
Aaron Hernandez bumped into a guy at a bar so they went outside and it came to blows....
The show was good, but the book that the Spotlight team from the Boston Globe did was much more in depth. The Netflix special left much of the parents shortcomings out of the story, both of them were a couple of douches.
Originally Posted by reivertom
All it boils down to is...a thug, is a thug, is a thug. Just because he played football well doesn't take that away.

Actually, he wasn't a thug at all.

That's what makes the story so interesting.
Originally Posted by Barkoff
The show was good, but the book that the Spotlight team from the Boston Globe did was much more in depth. The Netflix special left much of the parents shortcomings out of the story, both of them were a couple of douches.

I’ve only watched the first episode so far, but I thought it was pretty apparent his parents were pretty unsavory.

The gay kid that alleged he used to do gay stiff with Aaron, as well as that guy’s dad, both seem pretty weird and a little too still obsessed with Aaron Hernandez
I think they do an adequate job of painting the parents in the correct light.

The [bleep] kid’s dad makes some very good points throughout the series.
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Yeah so did Urban Meyer who really enabled him and knew all about him as well.

Agreed. You could see him going downhill starting at UF.

Urban was a big supporter and shielder of thugs. But, he's somebody else's problem now.
Watched part of it last night, looked like his life was a high speed rail crash.
Thanks for sharing, plan to watch soon. Don't have Netflix so I'll have to visit some friends.
Proof that phrenology is valid science.
Watched part of it last night, looked like his life was a high speed rail crash.

That’s a great way to put it!
Originally Posted by reivertom

Actually, he wasn't a thug at all.

That's what makes the story so interesting.

You saying AH was not a thug? How do you figure?

He just a murderer?
Not in the sense the media portrayed him at the time of his arrest and trial.

Although "thug" is a subjective term. I would not describe him as a thug.
Not in the sense the media portrayed him at the time of his arrest and trial.

Although "thug" is a subjective term. I would not describe him as a thug.

Misguided?
I watched the first 2 episodes. Not sure why anyone would turn their back on this guy...and not because he was gay
He didn’t grow up in the ‘hood, but made bad decisions anyway . According to the documentary, his inroads to the thuggery was his aunt I believe after his home life fell apart. This occurred after his Dad suddenly died during a routine surgery while Aaron was still in high school. Drugs find their way to all towns regardless of how rich or poor the citizens are. This shouldn’t be a surprise but...
Have you watched “Dont f**k with cats”?

Not one to get into a show- but I found it pretty interesting.
Hmmm a show about a gay, tatted up mexican gang member, who played in the NFL, who was also a murderer and killed himself in prison. Sounds like a punchline to a joke, not a real person worth the time I just spent typing this out.

You are very wrong! He was good but not in the class of highest paid.

Who shelter him? And How did they shelter him? Trying to rise a teammate up is all a party of being on a team and being a teammate! That is not sheltering him.
It was a good doc. I couldn't help but wonder, is he really that stupid? The way in which he committed murder, unbelievable. Everything pointed straight to him. Stupid and used to people covering for him in the past?
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Hmmm a show about a gay, tatted up mexican gang member, who played in the NFL, who was also a murderer and killed himself in prison. Sounds like a punchline to a joke, not a real person worth the time I just spent typing this out.

Gruff,

You are a bit young to be displaying the symptoms of a Boomer.

It is not my wish to explain what the documentary reveals. As many people have not seen it yet.

Suffice to say, it is interesting from a LE/investigator's perspective. As stated in the OP.
Originally Posted by Taco2fiddy7
It was a good doc. I couldn't help but wonder, is he really that stupid? The way in which he committed murder, unbelievable. Everything pointed straight to him. Stupid and used to people covering for him in the past?

IMO he got away with so much, for so long, the thought never occurred to him that he could be on the radar.

Gruff,

It is not my wish to explain what the documentary reveals. As many people have not seen it yet.

Suffice to say, it is interesting from a LE/investigator's perspective. As stated in the OP.

[Linked Image from ]
Originally Posted by 79S

Gruff,

[Linked Image from ]

laugh
The [bleep] kid’s dad makes some very good points throughout the series.

Were they old interviews? His old man died in 2006.

He wasn't mexican......nice try
Originally Posted by sackett

The winter solstice is not far gone.

'Gruff has not seen the sun in many days.

Let us not judge.
What was he then....a Methodist?
Guys, he was a psychopath pure and simple. When his Dad was alive there were boundaries he observed. When his father died...all bets were off. I don't think Hernandez is a Jewish name. powdr
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
What was he then....a Methodist?

That's more or less left up to the observer.

Psychopath is a pretty solid guess though.
Common in Mexicans. Or Puerto Ricans or Cubans or what ever.

They are all pretty much the same anyway.

Closest you come to a Mexican was an Indian Taco.
Heeeeyyyyooooo.......We got a hunnert Indians and 50 pieces of fry bread!
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
interesting that Massachusetts changed the law shortly after his death to make him a convicted killer again

I read where his fiance sued the NFL for his brain damage and lost, and then she married a boxer (sticking with a theme of brain damaged men) and had a kid with him less than 2 years after Hernandez death.
Heeeeyyyyooooo.......We got a hunnert Indians and 50 pieces of fry bread!

[Linked Image from ]
Shh. Watching it now.

Wasn't trying for anything but thanks for the participation trophy. I guess?

El Sal?

Hondo?

Guat?

Peruvian?

Canadian?

Hoping, God I'm hoping, someone will watch it and report back and say why he's not a POS. Clarke is being so coy about it.

The winter solstice is not far gone.

'Gruff has not seen the sun in many days.

Let us not judge.

Chinga the pinche sun.

I think his Dad was Puerto Rican. They hate Mexicans by the way because they get confused with them so often .
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

I think his Dad was Puerto Rican. They hate Mexicans by the way because they get confused with them so often .

ah, ok. So basically a Cuban, but less African heritage.

Thanks.
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter

You are very wrong! He was good but not in the class of highest paid.

Who shelter him? And How did they shelter him? Trying to rise a teammate up is all a party of being on a team and being a teammate! That is not sheltering him.

Bullschit! Urban Meyer, the Boosters, and Alumni Association were covering for him and all the other thugs for years up there in Gainesville. On top of that, Meyer's whole corrupt administration was the reason he was driven out of Gainesville and left in disgrace! It came out in the news constantly every time one of those aholes got arrested.. And that was frequently. UF was penalized heavily right after Urban Meyer left. I'm sorry, but you're just plain wrong.

Thanks.

I wasnt talking to you
I don't see how anyone could defend him, a POS as a person absolutely. A POS as a TE hardly. I agree with deflave he didn't think he was on the radar and possible thought that even if he was someone else would take the fall for him.

Funny they show the same few plays in the show. He was good there is no denying that, but he wasn't as good as the Gronk. NFL wide he was probably around the lower middle to bottom of the top ten TE in the league. Of course in a normal setting he should have and probably would have gotten better. BUT he was beat up, he admitted he was beat up and hurting. His brain showed just how far gone it was at such an early age. SO maybe he played a few more years? Maybe he takes a career ending injury? Maybe he continued to improve? But he wasn't going to make the top pay of a TE in the NFL. Another thing he had going against him is no teams really wanted to take a chance, the Patriots did and by the time they would have cut him I believe his stock would have been low. He would never make more than the Gonk in NE.

As for the gay/by-sexual I don't see that being a big piece of the puzzle in the story. More a side note, a shock factor, a see there are manly gays.

As for Bristol there are parts of it that are nice. But not where he grew up. With that said it isn't a total sh_thole either.
The Patriots must have thought he was alright as a football player because they gave him a 40 million dollar contract before the arrest for murder.

El Sal?

Hondo?

Guat?

Peruvian?

Canadian?

Hoping, God I'm hoping, someone will watch it and report back and say why he's not a POS. Clarke is being so coy about it.

If you're going to write something, be correct or don't bother writing it. Only shows your ignorance.
I mean....they all pretty much look the same.

Why should we make an effort in trying to learn the differences?

Aint nobody got time for that.

Thanks.

I wasnt talking to you

I wasn't talking to you either!

If you're going to write something, be correct or don't bother writing it. Only shows your ignorance.

That's a mighty high bar. If we held to that there wouldn't be any traffic on this site to speak of at all.

Just so you can sleep tonight, if i was wrong I was trolling to see which SJW would virtue signal me first to point out my mistake.

You get the trophy. It may not be clear, but I care not for any NFL players, regardless of well, anything.

Thanks.

I wasnt talking to you

I wasn't talking to you either!

Fireballs is waiting you in his safe space. Bwahaha
Watched all 3 parts. I remember and already knew most of it. But not in that much detail. Good documentary. Bad dude. Don’t believe his bad side was due to CTE, though. They tried hard to make that connection.
Originally Posted by huntinaz

I’ve only watched the first episode so far, but I thought it was pretty apparent his parents were pretty unsavory.

The gay kid that alleged he used to do gay stiff with Aaron, as well as that guy’s dad, both seem pretty weird and a little too still obsessed with Aaron Hernandez

The audio book they play many of the jailhouse calls between Arron and his mother, she's a real bitch.

In one call she tells him she had to go to his old high school and get all his old awards that were in a display. "They don't want any of them anymore, I had to get them all".

"What, they don't want any of my stuff anymore?"

"Well hell no, they don't want any of it, I had to get all of it".

Now why she felt the need to tell him that? Real loving mother. She could have picked the stuff up and put it in the garage, but she felt the need to call him and stab him in the heart with it.
Originally Posted by huntinaz

The audio book they play many of the jailhouse calls between Arron and his mother, she's a real bitch.

In one call she tells him she had to go to his old high school and get all his old awards that were in a display. "They don't want any of them anymore, I had to get them all".

"What, they don't want any of my stuff anymore?"

"Well hell no, they don't want any of it, I had to get all of it".

Now why she felt the need to tell him that? Real loving mother. She could have picked the stuff up and put it in the garage, but she felt the need to call him and stab him in the heart with it.

He blamed her in one call for how F'd up he was. Probably rightly so.

El Sal?

Hondo?

Guat?

Peruvian?

Canadian?

You say that as if ignorance about Aaron Hernandez is something to be ashamed of.
Originally Posted by 257heaven
Watched all 3 parts. I remember and already knew most of it. But not in that much detail. Good documentary. Bad dude. Don’t believe his bad side was due to CTE, though. They tried hard to make that connection.

There is an unsolved shooting during Hernandez's internship in Gainesville . I doubt he had the effects of CTE in his teenage years.

Linkie

There is an unsolved shooting during Hernandez's internship in Gainesville . I doubt he had the effects of CTE in his teenage years.

Linkie

Interesting. My bet is that it was him. Wonder where the other guy is?
Dude wanted to be a black gangbanger, talked like one, acted like one, threw away his and his family's future like one, pissed away a career as an athlete like many of them and ended up in jail like one. Sad picture of our society that he valued being a gangster more than a pro football player but its obvious he did. CTE may have fughed him up at the end and we will never know how bad all the drugs he took for pain or the pain itself messed with his head. In the end he wanted to be a gangster thats where he headed as soon as his dad died.
Pretty well done.

Insane story, especially from an investigator's perspective.

Who killed Clark ?

He would have typed. Root cause. He wanted COCK !

I thought it well done as well.

Previously I’d been under the impression he was a project kid involved w gangs early on. Just couldn’t escape his past..

Not so

Whiskey & guns. Seldom a good mix
my wife and I have talked about that documentary more than anything we've watched in quite a while.

She is more sympathetic to the mother, being married to a mean drunk that beat her

but I think the mother shacking up with her nieces husband shortly after the death of her husband was a trash move.

I also wonder if he had been drafted say by Kansas City would he be different? Being drafted by the Patriots, he never really left his home town and the bad influences he hung out with, he just moved all his trash friends into his home with him. He probably would have gone bad either way.

there was no shortage of trash with his family and friends.He wasn't going to escape that.
Originally Posted by KFWA
my wife and I have talked about that documentary more than anything we've watched in quite a while.

She is more sympathetic to the mother, being married to a mean drunk that beat her

but I think the mother shacking up with her nieces husband shortly after the death of her husband was a trash move.

I also wonder if he had been drafted say by Kansas City would he be different? Being drafted by the Patriots, he never really left his home town and the bad influences he hung out with, he just moved all his trash friends into his home with him. He probably would have gone bad either way.

there was no shortage of trash with his family and friends.He wasn't going to escape that.
If he would have played for the Chiefs he would have retired there, they have a bad habit of finding some real scum bag players, ie, Tyreek Hill, Kareem Hunt, Larry Johnson, Jovan Belcher, to name a few.
Originally Posted by KFWA

Moving away from it all to Miami didn't keep him from doing stupid stuff. He was who he was. I loved watching him play football. I had forgotten that Tebow's jump pass in the national championship game was to Hernandez. Legend!

Linkie

Watch the show. The Dr said he had a very advanced case of CTE "probably at least a decade". A decade would put him at around 13!
Police attempted to get answers from Hernandez, then only 17 years old, but he refused to answer questions without an attorney present and hasn’t answered any questions about the incident since.

the power of not answering questions to police - had he slipped up once in answering a question (like he did when he lied to Patriots owner Kraft and it came back as evidence against him in court), he'd probably gone to jail as the "hawaiin man"
Originally Posted by mohave_mauler1
Dude wanted to be a black gangbanger, talked like one, acted like one, threw away his and his family's future like one, pissed away a career as an athlete like many of them and ended up in jail like one. Sad picture of our society that he valued being a gangster more than a pro football player but its obvious he did. CTE may have fughed him up at the end and we will never know how bad all the drugs he took for pain or the pain itself messed with his head. In the end he wanted to be a gangster thats where he headed as soon as his dad died.

All I can say is you are very misguided and do not know what you are talking about.

Was he bad? Yes Did he do stupid sh_t? Yes Did he hang around a few bad apples? Yes

Those don't make you a gangbanger. To the best of my knowledge he had no affiliation with a gang. Yes he had friends that where in gang's. He was known by HPD to hang out on and around Park Street. He liked weed! I am guessing it provided him temporary relief from his pain both physically, emotionally and mentally. Again that doesn't make one a gangbanger.

It is easy to cast judgement on others. None of use can or ever will know what he went through in life. We will never know why he did what he did. There is know denying that he had CTE and from a very early age! He had a [bleep] home life with or without his father in the picture. There were a lot of things in his life that in my opinion set him up for failure.

In the end he was a very talented TE with a bright future and he threw it all away with bad choices. Maybe just maybe some of those choices were made because of his CTE. Either way it is a sad story for everyone involved.

Linkie

Watch the show. The Dr said he had a very advanced case of CTE "probably at least a decade". A decade would put him at around 13!

I'm a believer that CTE can cause massive swings in a human being's behavior.

But I didn't care for the way it was presented in this documentary. They did a poor job of that IMO.

Still, worth a watch.

But I didn't care for the way it was presented in this documentary. They did a poor job of that IMO.

Still, worth a watch.

Can you elaborate on that? Interested to hear more on this.
I'm not that familiar with the situation.

How many people is he suspected of killing?

Linkie

CTE doesn't make you kill other people unless you are really brain fried, in most cases you take your own life much like Junior Seau did. How in the heck did he manage to get thru UF for a few years and how did the Dr exactly know it was 10 years ? grin

CTE doesn't make you kill other people unless you are really brain fried, in most cases you take your own life much like Junior Seau did. How in the heck did he manage to get thru UF for a few years ? grin

You're either joking or need to watch the documentary again.
Netflix you say?

I think we can get that now, the wife watches some stuff. I'll have to look into the show.

But, from the talk going on here so far, can we determine if his actions were a result of nature vs nurture?

F'd up home life, drain bamage at an early age, one of those feeding on the other? Toxic masculinity with underlying gay tendencies?

Geno
I found this.

https://www.latintimes.com/aaron-hernandez-victims-how-many-people-did-he-kill-454748

CTE doesn't make you kill other people unless you are really brain fried, in most cases you take your own life much like Junior Seau did. How in the heck did he manage to get thru UF for a few years ? grin

Gangbanging doesn't make one kill people either???
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Link FWIW

Linkie

CTE doesn't make you kill other people unless you are really brain fried, in most cases you take your own life much like Junior Seau did. How in the heck did he manage to get thru UF for a few years and how did the Dr exactly know it was 10 years ? grin

Maybe! They don't know and like anything else it can effect people differently.

Not a fact just my opinion, "How in the heck did he manage to get thru UF for a few years" I suspect he had his eye on the big prize and tried to behave as best he could to get there. I also think College provides a little better support network and had more rules.

how did the Dr exactly know it was 10 years ? His Family donated his brain to Boston University for research. They don't know exactly how long. She said she suspects at least a decade.

I believe he is convicted of Shooting and killing the one he went to prison for, then there was two in a stoplight shooting that were killed, and the friend he shot in the face and wounded testified he witnessed him shoot the two at the stoplight, but jury acquitted him for those two stoplight murders.

He was never charged for shooting his friend, friend thought he was going to make out $$$, but didn’t.

So four shot, three killed, one wounded, only convicted of the one, Odin Loyd.

I think Hernandez had enough internal demons to make him do what he did, Maybe the CTE had some effect maybe it did not. He did commit suicide correct?
I think that was a person that had a lot more than "internal demons."

And while he certainly had CTE the documentary did a poor job of making that their argument for the life Hernandez lived.

Linkie

Maybe! They don't know and like anything else it can effect people differently.

Not a fact just my opinion, "How in the heck did he manage to get thru UF for a few years" I suspect he had his eye on the big prize and tried to behave as best he could to get there. I also think College provides a little better support network and had more rules.

how did the Dr exactly know it was 10 years ? His Family donated his brain to Boston University for research. They don't know exactly how long. She said she suspects at least a decade.

Urban Meyer kept him in line and probably covered some stuff up for him to keep him eligible. Meyer said in the interview that he called the brother frequently whenever Aaron went home for extended spells to make sure he was staying out of trouble.
I think that was a person that had a lot more than "internal demons."

And while he certainly had CTE the documentary did a poor job of making that their argument for the life Hernandez lived.

I don't think they ever intended to Make an argument for the life he lived. I think they wanted to tell the story and leave it up to the views to decide what may have effected his life. They have two sides to tell and very strong and hurt emotions on both sides. I think they walk a thin line and did it well. The Documentary wasn't about CTE, it was about Arron Hernandez.

deflave I agree though I would like to have heard more on the CTE.
He knew he was killing people when he shot them full of holes.
He knew he was killing people when he shot them full of holes.

I don't think anyone here doesn't agree with that.

All I can say is you are very misguided and do not know what you are talking about.

Was he bad? Yes Did he do stupid sh_t? Yes Did he hang around a few bad apples? Yes

Those don't make you a gangbanger. To the best of my knowledge he had no affiliation with a gang. Yes he had friends that where in gang's. He was known by HPD to hang out on and around Park Street. He liked weed! I am guessing it provided him temporary relief from his pain both physically, emotionally and mentally. Again that doesn't make one a gangbanger.

It is easy to cast judgement on others. None of use can or ever will know what he went through in life. We will never know why he did what he did. There is know denying that he had CTE and from a very early age! He had a [bleep] home life with or without his father in the picture. There were a lot of things in his life that in my opinion set him up for failure.

In the end he was a very talented TE with a bright future and he threw it all away with bad choices. Maybe just maybe some of those choices were made because of his CTE. Either way it is a sad story for everyone involved.

Come on man, he could hang around anyone. He chose to hang with his weed dealer who was 10 years his senior, not an old highschool buddy. This guy was a known drug dealer and gangster, not a "bad seed". The lawers called him a drug kingpin. He had multiple violent cases pending. You dont roll with a dude like that and expect to stay out of trouble. He was involved in multiple shootings and other [bleep] stemming from altercations at " da club". He killed 3 people with a pistol that we know of because they did nothing more than piss him off or spil a drink on him.If that aint gangster behavior im not sure what is.

I never said anything about him smoking weed, if i had to guess i would guess he smoked alot to calm him. The drugs that i think helped fug him up were the big doses of pain killers he lived on from.college to the pros.

He wasnt raised in a getto. Nobody beat him. He didnt have to sell drugs to eat. He chose to hang with gangsters, he chose to act like a gangster and he paid the price. Was he a messed up kid, sure but lots of kids dont have a good home life and dont commit multiple homicides.
If you listen to his phone conversations with Pouncey you can tell who he is imitating. He didnt talk that that when talked to his agent or highshool buddys.
If you listen to his phone conversations with Pouncey you can tell who he is imitating. He didnt talk that that when talked to his agent or highshool buddys.

Right, you prove my point right here! If he was a true gangbanger he would talk to everyone like that. He didn't, and he knew his place in society for the most part.

He was a pothead, where do you get pot from? So he interacted with gangbangers that had the best pot. It isn't like he was running with a gang 24/7 or hell even infrequently. He associated with some gangbangers. That is far from being a gangbanger.

I guess in your mind anyone that associates with gangbangers is a gangbanger. His crimes are his crimes, they don't make him a gangbanger. They make him a very troubled man.

I'll add that in my opinion he didn't have what it takes to be a gangbanger. Just killing people isn't enough, read up on the Bloods, Crips, Angel's, Latin Kings, MS13 and a number of others.

Right, you prove my point right here! If he was a true gangbanger he would talk to everyone like that. He didn't, and he knew his place in society for the most part.

He was a pothead, where do you get pot from? So he interacted with gangbangers that had the best pot. It isn't like he was running with a gang 24/7 or hell even infrequently. He associated with some gangbangers. That is far from being a gangbanger.

I guess in your mind anyone that associates with gangbangers is a gangbanger. His crimes are his crimes, they don't make him a gangbanger. They make him a very troubled man.

I'll add that in my opinion he didn't have what it takes to be a gangbanger. Just killing people isn't enough, read up on the Bloods, Crips, Angel's, Latin Kings, MS13 and a number of others.

Never said he was a true gangster, if you read my posts again you will see i said he wanted to be one, he acted like one. Acting like one got him where he ended up. Choosing to run with gangsters will more often than not will result in being in the kind of trouble gangsters get in. These were the choices he made.
you guys still carry on about this spec.
“True gangster” Lol. They’re all twats wanting to be something.

I’d say he made it.

Never said he was a true gangster, if you read my posts again you will see i said he wanted to be one, he acted like one. Acting like one got him where he ended up. Choosing to run with gangsters will more often than not will result in being in the kind of trouble gangsters get in. These were the choices he made.

I still have to disagree with you. He did what he did regardless of "wanting to be a gangbanger" or not. If he wanted to be a gangbanger he could have very easily had a shot at becoming one. I don't see any, none, zero evidence of that. What I see is a guy that had a lot of issues in life and a short temper. Those were the catalyst to his crimes, not gangbanging.
Originally Posted by stxhunter

I believe the racial slur you were looking for is Spic.
Im done with it.

Most people just buy weed from the weed dude. They dont buy guns off the steet from them, then commit violent crimes with them then attempt to kill said weed dude. I guess you just have a different perspective on what that constitutes.
Im done with it.

Most people just buy weed from the weed dude. They dont buy guns off the steet from them, then commit violent crimes with them then attempt to kill said weed dude. I guess you just have a different perspective on what that constitutes.

Criminals buy illegal guns all the time. Is every criminal a gangbanger.

I believe the racial slur you were looking for is Spic.

i guess
Im done with it.

So buying an illegal gun was his only tie to gangs?

Interesting.

https://www.google.com/search?q=aar...TF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari#ip=1
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Im done with it.

So buying an illegal gun was his only tie to gangs?

Interesting.

https://www.google.com/search?q=aar...TF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari#ip=1

He actually had no "ties" to gangs as in being a member. He was friends with people that did have ties to gangs. As for your link I am sure he like most inmates took a side when in prison. But to directly answer your question no buying guns wasn't his only tie to gangs. Clearly he bought a lot of pot from them. He hung out with them. None of which makes one a gang member. He was a murderer not a gang member. Show me proof that he was a gang member prior to prison. His case is public record, none of which stated he was a gang member.

Still, worth a watch.

In the closing of the story they state that Hernandez "had one of the most damaged brains of all tested within his age group."

That seems purposefully vague in my opinion. Somebody that was trying to demonstrate the severity of CTE on an individual would have stated something to the effect of "Out of 187 brains studied, this guy was in the top five" or something similar. It left me with the impression that they studied three or four 27 (?) year old brains and said wow, his is one of the worst! I didn't like the way it was presented because it didn't really answer anything.

They touched on CTE pretty heavy and in my opinion they wanted to steer one toward thinking that could have been a root cause. But they sort of glazed over the fact that habitually chain smoking some of the best weed money can buy, and dabbling with PCP off and on can alter a person's behavior just as much and probably more so than any amount of head trauma.

My ultimate takeaway is that he had the characteristics and traits of a genuine serial killer. And I would not be the least bit surprised to find out he committed more killings that have remained unsolved. If he had not made the multiple mistakes that he had, he could have gotten away with a lot more than he did. From an investigative standpoint he was caught by pure dumb luck. Nobody was looking at him at all.

One of my biggest questions was whether he was that sloppy due to confidence from getting away with much worse for a long time, or if he was just genuinely dimwitted.
After the conversation forming yesterday he was not so bright and surrounded himself with idiots..

Still, worth a watch.

In the closing of the story they state that Hernandez "had one of the most damaged brains of all tested within his age group."

That seems purposefully vague in my opinion. Somebody that was trying to demonstrate the severity of CTE on an individual would have stated something to the effect of "Out of 187 brains studied, this guy was in the top five" or something similar. It left me with the impression that they studied three or four 27 (?) year old brains and said wow, his is one of the worst! I didn't like the way it was presented because it didn't really answer anything.

They touched on CTE pretty heavy and in my opinion they wanted to steer one toward thinking that could have been a root cause. But they sort of glazed over the fact that habitually chain smoking some of the best weed money can buy, and dabbling with PCP off and on can alter a person's behavior just as much and probably more so than any amount of head trauma.

My ultimate takeaway is that he had the characteristics and traits of a genuine serial killer. And I would not be the least bit surprised to find out he committed more killings that have remained unsolved. If he had not made the multiple mistakes that he had, he could have gotten away with a lot more than he did. From an investigative standpoint he was caught by pure dumb luck. Nobody was looking at him at all.

One of my biggest questions was whether he was that sloppy due to confidence from getting away with much worse for a long time, or if he was just genuinely dimwitted.

deflave I wonder how many brains they have studied for CTE at that age? What is really available for them to study in that age range. I also wonder what she said and what they edited to use in the show.

I did not come away sold that CTE was the root cause of his violence. I agree that the weed and all other legal or illegal drugs certainly had some type of effect on him. But even with that said he was a very disturbed man and in my opinion from a very early age. There are so many factors involved in this case. All of it had some effect on his behavior it is just a question of to what degree each thing played. I believe his childhood/homelife was the biggest catalyst for him.

Thanks for elaborating on it.
I don't know. I wish they would have gave more specifics instead of glossing over it and phrasing it the way they did.

I was listening to a local sports commentary the other day and he claimed that the amount of CTE diagnosed brains in that age group were in the single digits. But he didn't explain where his information came from either! And I couldn't call in because I was hauling ass down the turnpike.

I agree something wasn't right in his head regardless. But he hid a lot of behavior so there may have been something that happened nobody even knows about. We'll probably never know.
I just finished this documentary. The guy had multiple things that messed with his head without a doubt. He gets no sympathy from me.

The show didn't say a lot about it, but I wonder about the effect of celebrity, being adored, rich, a fan favorite. It's got to mess with a person's ability to make good rational decisions. It wouldn't just apply to him either.
Originally Posted by gwrench
I just finished this documentary. The guy had multiple things that messed with his head without a doubt. He gets no sympathy from me.

The show didn't say a lot about it, but I wonder about the effect of celebrity, being adored, rich, a fan favorite. It's got to mess with a person's ability to make good rational decisions. It wouldn't just apply to him either.

No doubt he was a celebrity but he wasn't a fan favorite. Welker was still there and The Gronk was there! Both held way above Hernandez. It could be part of it. But in my eyes the guy feed off of something much deeper.

He has no sympathy from me as well. But I am not one of those guys that kicks a guy while he is down. I see the bad he did clearly, I see the talented TE he was, and I see the split personality as well.
My best guesstimate is it wasn’t CTE, or Smokin dope laced w pcp, or being a celebrity or being gay or bisexual but some combo of all that created the perfect storm inside his head

What I find interesting is he sat in prison for 1 trial where he was found guilty & they were appealing

He sat through a second trial where he was acquitted

Now he has only the one conviction to worry about on appeal, had he been convicted in the 2nd trial he’s pretty much toast 🤷🏻‍♂️

So after sitting in prison for two trials he doesn’t off himself until the gay stuff is exposed.

Both worlds he resided in at work in the NFL, or hangin w the homies, being gay is not well received

It wasn’t till that happened that he decided to cash out 🤷🏻‍♂️

But there’s other things that could factor in, maybe baby mama told him she was gettin boned by one of his cronies 🤷🏻‍♂️ Or he’d run outa money to fund his appeal ?

I don’t know but it seemed to me he didn’t hang himself until he was gonna be exposed as at least a bi-sexual or in his worlds a queer

Brothers and the latinos think "on the down low" is only acceptable in prison .

Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
My best guesstimate is it wasn’t CTE, or Smokin dope laced w pcp, or being a celebrity or being gay or bisexual but some combo of all that created the perfect storm inside his head

What I find interesting is he sat in prison for 1 trial where he was found guilty & they were appealing

Now he has only the one conviction to worry about on appeal, had he been convicted in the 2nd trial he’s pretty much toast 🤷🏻‍♂️

So after sitting in prison for two trials he doesn’t off himself until the gay stuff is exposed.

Both worlds he resided in at work in the NFL, or hangin w the homies, being gay is not well received

But there’s other things that could factor in, maybe baby mama told him she was gettin boned by one of his cronies 🤷🏻‍♂️ Or he’d run outa money to fund his appeal ?

I don’t know but it seemed to me he didn’t hang himself until he was gonna be exposed as at least a bi-sexual or in his worlds a queer
Give me a fugging break. Schit for parents ..bad neighborhood... Butt packer...CTE... All excuses! There are tons of people who come from the same roots whom make it IF THEY WANT TO!! He was a privileged athlete with a huge chunk of money whom became so used to being treated as such he just thought he could do anything he damm well wanted to do with no penalty.
A low life Spic an the world is better off with him dead.
Originally Posted by 1bigdude
Give me a fugging break. Schit for parents ..bad neighborhood... Butt packer...CTE... All excuses! There are tons of people who come from the same roots whom make it IF THEY WANT TO!! He was a privileged athlete with a huge chunk of money whom became so used to being treated as such he just thought he could do anything he damm well wanted to do with no penalty.

I don't waste my time even thinking about scum like him... I couldent care less about his life..
Originally Posted by Hubert
I don't waste my time even thinking about scum like him... I couldent care less about his life..

Interesting thread to click on.
I just wanted to give my opnion as to why I don't want to waste my time reading that crap. and don't think it should be in the campfire it is just trash.
Originally Posted by ribka

Brothers and the latinos think "on the down low" is only acceptable in prison .

Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

It ain't gay if ya gots your state boots on!!
I just wanted to give my opnion as to why I don't want to waste my time reading that crap. and don't think it should be in the campfire it is just trash.

THIS
Can tell it is winter dull drums by the thread topics in The Campfire.

[Linked Image from ]

My apologizing for not meeting the threshold that is required of the Hunter's Campfire.
Originally Posted by Hectortwsp
Can tell it is winter dull drums by the thread topics in The Campfire.

How do you explain the summer months?

[Linked Image from ]

Hold on Flave', I got this..........

Originally Posted by JTman

Come on man don’t recycle Deflave gifs.
Originally Posted by 79S

That one is so Fuggin funny it needs repeating!

My apologizing for not meeting the threshold that is required of the Hunter's Campfire.

lmao then why respond to the thread......
Originally Posted by 79S

It's too good not to.

lmao then why respond to the thread......

Because there a name on here that look goll dang'ed Messcin!
lol

It's too good not to.

If you say so

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com][

Do you have any actual knowledge of this or facts? Because you clearly don't know much.

I know a member of the team fairly well. He has said Arron was not looked on by his teammates highly. Which would in my feeble mind anyways would suggest he wasn't privileged or treated highly.

He is not from a BAD NEIGHBORHOOD. No it isn't rural America, for the most part is a Blue and White collar town between Hartford and Waterbury. It is also home to ESPN so there is some large businesses there as well.

His family was Middle class so yes he had privileges that some didn't, but hardly Privileged!

Environment can and does play a huge role on a person, any person. Yes some can find ways to rise up, but many can't and do get stuck becoming a product of their environment. We are all products of our environment in ways, but know you are right it doesn't have to define us.
I don't particularly care what leads up to someone turning into a cold blooded killer.

I just want them locked away somewhere so people don't have to be bothered by them.

Life is hard for a lot of people. They shouldn't have the additional hardship of having to worry about being shot full of holes by those who lack the ability to properly handle their particular hardships.
I don't particularly care what leads up to someone turning into a cold blooded killer.

I just want them locked away somewhere so people don't have to be bothered by them.

Life is hard for a lot of people. They shouldn't have the additional hardship of having to worry about being shot full of holes by those who lack the ability to properly handle their particular hardships.

NO SH_T?
"...product of his enviorment..." Christ do you read what you type?
Yes he was a product of a drug and gang culture whom CHOSE THAT LIFESTYLE when given every opportunity to rise above it. He CHOSE to pull the trigger he was not forced. He CHOSE to smoke pot and use PvP no one forced him to do it.
OPEN YOUR EYES and look at the facts.

"...product of his enviorment..." Christ do you read what you type?
Yes he was a product of a drug and gang culture whom CHOSE THAT LIFESTYLE when given every opportunity to rise above it. He CHOSE to pull the trigger he was not forced. He CHOSE to smoke pot and use PvP no one forced him to do it.
OPEN YOUR EYES and look at the facts.

NO SH_T?

no schitt

Still, worth a watch.

Kinda like OJ ??? Guess they’ll be blaming his murders on CTE next.

lol,...you're about 5 years away from being lumped in with the boomers.

I told Vox Day the same thing about 10 years ago when he first started out throwing dirt on the boomer generation on his blog.

Now,...he's gone bald and frequently has to hear young men say "okay Boomer" to him on his youtube channel,...although he's Gen X.

A few days ago somebody told him he was an old man stomping out a burning bag of schitt on his front porch while he hollered into the darkness.

That made me laugh.

I told Vox Day the same thing about 10 years ago when he first started out throwing dirt on the boomer generation on his blog.

Now,...he's gone bald and frequently has to hear young men say "okay Boomer" to him on his youtube channel,...although he's Gen X.

A few days ago somebody told him he was an old man stomping out a burning bag of schitt on his front porch while he hollered into the darkness.

That made me laugh.

What an incredible story.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Kinda like OJ ??? Guess they’ll be blaming his murders on CTE next.

OJ was acquitted.
OJ was a product of his environment you know the Hollywood elite
OJ was a product of his environment you know the Hollywood elite

OJ was acquitted.

That made me laugh.

What an incredible story.

Go stand in the corner with watch4bear and Jim Conrad until you get over the urge to troll my posts.

Go stand in the corner with watch4bear and Jim Conrad until you get over the urge to troll my posts.

Victim status.

Cute.
Sounds like there's a couple posters on here with his jersey in their closet......
Sounds like there's a couple posters on here with his jersey in their closet......

I only wear Cutler jersey's.

I only wear Cutler jersey's.

lol

Victim status.

Cute.

Pretty sure that little guy's from Kentucky.
i've known a couple guys just like him. had to be careful.

The show made a point to show a very middle class upbringing.

Are you referencing deflave or Hernandez?

Never cared for Arron. I do have a Gronk, Welker, Edelman, Wilfork, Coates, and Matt Light Jersey's. I don't wear but I guess they are the only useless thing I collect.

Edit forgot about Tedy Bruschi
Gronk would be great to party with.

Hernandez or the lil guy in Bristle's vid?
I haven't watched it yet but plan to soon. I do find cases like this interesting, and I think in time we might understand a little more about what makes people like this tick. Knowing more about things like CTE and the effects of drug use can only help. Simply putting everyone in prison once they do something wrong isn't a very good option, long term. For one thing, they've already done something pretty bad before they got to prison, so it would certainly be best if we could learn ways to identify and maybe fix problems early.

I never gave much thought to CTE until I got to know a pipeline welder out here. Nice guy, soft spoken and considerate,which was nice cause he was built like a gorilla. However, you could tell he often had to fight with his temper if things weren't going exactly like he wanted. I got into a conversation with him one day and found out he had been in a pretty bad workplace accident, pipe he was getting ready to weld collapsed and fell on his head. Damn near killed him from the sounds of it, and once he got out of the hospital and began recovering, he said he suddenly couldn't control his anger anymore. Any little thing sent him into a rage,and he didn't know why, as that was not his character previously. Caused him lots of problems with his wife and kids, and he said ot took years of work to begin to be able to get a handle on himself again. He was pretty good at controlling himself when I knew him, but I've never seen another grown person in whom you could so obviously see the struggle for control taking place.

I'm not excusing anyone's behavior, but I do think it's useful to try to figure out what's going on with some of these people if we ever plan to be able to do anything about it.

Hernandez, i use to run with some of the Banditos when i was young.

Hernandez, i use to run with some of the Banditos when i was young.

Does that make you a Bandito? NO!
that part about Junior Seau

Committing suicide and shot himself in the chest so he brain was preserved to be study

he knew he had CTE

he was probably 17 years older than Hernadez
guys like him, will kill you if you let your guard down and they think you are weak.
CTE - Dont forget Jason Hairston, the Kuiu founder.
© 24hourcampfire