Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Originally Posted by mohave_mauler1
If you listen to his phone conversations with Pouncey you can tell who he is imitating. He didnt talk that that when talked to his agent or highshool buddys.

Right, you prove my point right here! If he was a true gangbanger he would talk to everyone like that. He didn't, and he knew his place in society for the most part.

He was a pothead, where do you get pot from? So he interacted with gangbangers that had the best pot. It isn't like he was running with a gang 24/7 or hell even infrequently. He associated with some gangbangers. That is far from being a gangbanger.

I guess in your mind anyone that associates with gangbangers is a gangbanger. His crimes are his crimes, they don't make him a gangbanger. They make him a very troubled man.

I'll add that in my opinion he didn't have what it takes to be a gangbanger. Just killing people isn't enough, read up on the Bloods, Crips, Angel's, Latin Kings, MS13 and a number of others.

Never said he was a true gangster, if you read my posts again you will see i said he wanted to be one, he acted like one. Acting like one got him where he ended up. Choosing to run with gangsters will more often than not will result in being in the kind of trouble gangsters get in. These were the choices he made.

Deserve's got nuthin to do with it- Willam H Munny

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
you guys still carry on about this spec.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
“True gangster” Lol. They’re all twats wanting to be something.

I’d say he made it.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
If you listen to his phone conversations with Pouncey you can tell who he is imitating. He didnt talk that that when talked to his agent or highshool buddys.

Right, you prove my point right here! If he was a true gangbanger he would talk to everyone like that. He didn't, and he knew his place in society for the most part.

He was a pothead, where do you get pot from? So he interacted with gangbangers that had the best pot. It isn't like he was running with a gang 24/7 or hell even infrequently. He associated with some gangbangers. That is far from being a gangbanger.

I guess in your mind anyone that associates with gangbangers is a gangbanger. His crimes are his crimes, they don't make him a gangbanger. They make him a very troubled man.

I'll add that in my opinion he didn't have what it takes to be a gangbanger. Just killing people isn't enough, read up on the Bloods, Crips, Angel's, Latin Kings, MS13 and a number of others.

Never said he was a true gangster, if you read my posts again you will see i said he wanted to be one, he acted like one. Acting like one got him where he ended up. Choosing to run with gangsters will more often than not will result in being in the kind of trouble gangsters get in. These were the choices he made.

I still have to disagree with you. He did what he did regardless of "wanting to be a gangbanger" or not. If he wanted to be a gangbanger he could have very easily had a shot at becoming one. I don't see any, none, zero evidence of that. What I see is a guy that had a lot of issues in life and a short temper. Those were the catalyst to his crimes, not gangbanging.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by stxhunter

I believe the racial slur you were looking for is Spic.

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Im done with it.

Most people just buy weed from the weed dude. They dont buy guns off the steet from them, then commit violent crimes with them then attempt to kill said weed dude. I guess you just have a different perspective on what that constitutes.

Deserve's got nuthin to do with it- Willam H Munny
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Im done with it.

Most people just buy weed from the weed dude. They dont buy guns off the steet from them, then commit violent crimes with them then attempt to kill said weed dude. I guess you just have a different perspective on what that constitutes.

Criminals buy illegal guns all the time. Is every criminal a gangbanger.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by stxhunter

I believe the racial slur you were looking for is Spic.

i guess

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Im done with it.

So buying an illegal gun was his only tie to gangs?

Interesting.

https://www.google.com/search?q=aar...TF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari#ip=1

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Im done with it.

So buying an illegal gun was his only tie to gangs?

Interesting.

https://www.google.com/search?q=aar...TF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari#ip=1

He actually had no "ties" to gangs as in being a member. He was friends with people that did have ties to gangs. As for your link I am sure he like most inmates took a side when in prison. But to directly answer your question no buying guns wasn't his only tie to gangs. Clearly he bought a lot of pot from them. He hung out with them. None of which makes one a gang member. He was a murderer not a gang member. Show me proof that he was a gang member prior to prison. His case is public record, none of which stated he was a gang member.

IC B3

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by deflave

I'm a believer that CTE can cause massive swings in a human being's behavior.

But I didn't care for the way it was presented in this documentary. They did a poor job of that IMO.

Still, worth a watch.

Can you elaborate on that? Interested to hear more on this.

In the closing of the story they state that Hernandez "had one of the most damaged brains of all tested within his age group."

That seems purposefully vague in my opinion. Somebody that was trying to demonstrate the severity of CTE on an individual would have stated something to the effect of "Out of 187 brains studied, this guy was in the top five" or something similar. It left me with the impression that they studied three or four 27 (?) year old brains and said wow, his is one of the worst! I didn't like the way it was presented because it didn't really answer anything.

They touched on CTE pretty heavy and in my opinion they wanted to steer one toward thinking that could have been a root cause. But they sort of glazed over the fact that habitually chain smoking some of the best weed money can buy, and dabbling with PCP off and on can alter a person's behavior just as much and probably more so than any amount of head trauma.

My ultimate takeaway is that he had the characteristics and traits of a genuine serial killer. And I would not be the least bit surprised to find out he committed more killings that have remained unsolved. If he had not made the multiple mistakes that he had, he could have gotten away with a lot more than he did. From an investigative standpoint he was caught by pure dumb luck. Nobody was looking at him at all.

One of my biggest questions was whether he was that sloppy due to confidence from getting away with much worse for a long time, or if he was just genuinely dimwitted.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
After the conversation forming yesterday he was not so bright and surrounded himself with idiots..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M

I'm a believer that CTE can cause massive swings in a human being's behavior.

But I didn't care for the way it was presented in this documentary. They did a poor job of that IMO.

Still, worth a watch.

Can you elaborate on that? Interested to hear more on this.

In the closing of the story they state that Hernandez "had one of the most damaged brains of all tested within his age group."

That seems purposefully vague in my opinion. Somebody that was trying to demonstrate the severity of CTE on an individual would have stated something to the effect of "Out of 187 brains studied, this guy was in the top five" or something similar. It left me with the impression that they studied three or four 27 (?) year old brains and said wow, his is one of the worst! I didn't like the way it was presented because it didn't really answer anything.

They touched on CTE pretty heavy and in my opinion they wanted to steer one toward thinking that could have been a root cause. But they sort of glazed over the fact that habitually chain smoking some of the best weed money can buy, and dabbling with PCP off and on can alter a person's behavior just as much and probably more so than any amount of head trauma.

My ultimate takeaway is that he had the characteristics and traits of a genuine serial killer. And I would not be the least bit surprised to find out he committed more killings that have remained unsolved. If he had not made the multiple mistakes that he had, he could have gotten away with a lot more than he did. From an investigative standpoint he was caught by pure dumb luck. Nobody was looking at him at all.

One of my biggest questions was whether he was that sloppy due to confidence from getting away with much worse for a long time, or if he was just genuinely dimwitted.

deflave I wonder how many brains they have studied for CTE at that age? What is really available for them to study in that age range. I also wonder what she said and what they edited to use in the show.

I did not come away sold that CTE was the root cause of his violence. I agree that the weed and all other legal or illegal drugs certainly had some type of effect on him. But even with that said he was a very disturbed man and in my opinion from a very early age. There are so many factors involved in this case. All of it had some effect on his behavior it is just a question of to what degree each thing played. I believe his childhood/homelife was the biggest catalyst for him.

Thanks for elaborating on it.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
I don't know. I wish they would have gave more specifics instead of glossing over it and phrasing it the way they did.

I was listening to a local sports commentary the other day and he claimed that the amount of CTE diagnosed brains in that age group were in the single digits. But he didn't explain where his information came from either! And I couldn't call in because I was hauling ass down the turnpike.

I agree something wasn't right in his head regardless. But he hid a lot of behavior so there may have been something that happened nobody even knows about. We'll probably never know.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I just finished this documentary. The guy had multiple things that messed with his head without a doubt. He gets no sympathy from me.

The show didn't say a lot about it, but I wonder about the effect of celebrity, being adored, rich, a fan favorite. It's got to mess with a person's ability to make good rational decisions. It wouldn't just apply to him either.

We all know advertising works, we just don’t think it works on US!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by gwrench
I just finished this documentary. The guy had multiple things that messed with his head without a doubt. He gets no sympathy from me.

The show didn't say a lot about it, but I wonder about the effect of celebrity, being adored, rich, a fan favorite. It's got to mess with a person's ability to make good rational decisions. It wouldn't just apply to him either.

No doubt he was a celebrity but he wasn't a fan favorite. Welker was still there and The Gronk was there! Both held way above Hernandez. It could be part of it. But in my eyes the guy feed off of something much deeper.

He has no sympathy from me as well. But I am not one of those guys that kicks a guy while he is down. I see the bad he did clearly, I see the talented TE he was, and I see the split personality as well.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My best guesstimate is it wasn’t CTE, or Smokin dope laced w pcp, or being a celebrity or being gay or bisexual but some combo of all that created the perfect storm inside his head

What I find interesting is he sat in prison for 1 trial where he was found guilty & they were appealing

He sat through a second trial where he was acquitted

Now he has only the one conviction to worry about on appeal, had he been convicted in the 2nd trial he’s pretty much toast 🤷🏻‍♂️

So after sitting in prison for two trials he doesn’t off himself until the gay stuff is exposed.

Both worlds he resided in at work in the NFL, or hangin w the homies, being gay is not well received

It wasn’t till that happened that he decided to cash out 🤷🏻‍♂️

But there’s other things that could factor in, maybe baby mama told him she was gettin boned by one of his cronies 🤷🏻‍♂️ Or he’d run outa money to fund his appeal ?

I don’t know but it seemed to me he didn’t hang himself until he was gonna be exposed as at least a bi-sexual or in his worlds a queer

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R

Brothers and the latinos think "on the down low" is only acceptable in prison .

Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
My best guesstimate is it wasn’t CTE, or Smokin dope laced w pcp, or being a celebrity or being gay or bisexual but some combo of all that created the perfect storm inside his head

What I find interesting is he sat in prison for 1 trial where he was found guilty & they were appealing

He sat through a second trial where he was acquitted

Now he has only the one conviction to worry about on appeal, had he been convicted in the 2nd trial he’s pretty much toast 🤷🏻‍♂️

So after sitting in prison for two trials he doesn’t off himself until the gay stuff is exposed.

Both worlds he resided in at work in the NFL, or hangin w the homies, being gay is not well received

It wasn’t till that happened that he decided to cash out 🤷🏻‍♂️

But there’s other things that could factor in, maybe baby mama told him she was gettin boned by one of his cronies 🤷🏻‍♂️ Or he’d run outa money to fund his appeal ?

I don’t know but it seemed to me he didn’t hang himself until he was gonna be exposed as at least a bi-sexual or in his worlds a queer

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Give me a fugging break. Schit for parents ..bad neighborhood... Butt packer...CTE... All excuses! There are tons of people who come from the same roots whom make it IF THEY WANT TO!! He was a privileged athlete with a huge chunk of money whom became so used to being treated as such he just thought he could do anything he damm well wanted to do with no penalty.
A low life Spic an the world is better off with him dead.

Last edited by 1bigdude; 01/25/20.
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 1bigdude
Give me a fugging break. Schit for parents ..bad neighborhood... Butt packer...CTE... All excuses! There are tons of people who come from the same roots whom make it IF THEY WANT TO!! He was a privileged athlete with a huge chunk of money whom became so used to being treated as such he just thought he could do anything he damm well wanted to do with no penalty.
A low life Spic an the world is better off with him dead.

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (22250rem, 06hunter59, 1minute, 2500HD, 222Sako, 1lessdog, 59 invisible), 2,643 guests, and 1,184 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,915
Posts18,498,329
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.