Home
Posted By: Armednfree Thoughts on Hell - 02/22/20
I picked this up on the radio the other day. It gave me some pause for reflection:
A member of the British royal family was leaving church after services one Sunday. He stopped for a moment to speak to the minister.
He asked, " Reverend, is there a place called Hell?"
The Reverend answers, " Certainly, Jesus speaks strongly on that. It is part of our church doctrine."
The member of the Royal Family then asked, " Then why don't you ever speak of it?"

Think about that. When was the last time you heard a sermon on Hell? Not a small mention, but a sermon. Certainly there is plenty in the Bible a sermon just on Hell could be based.

Think of this, if we say Jesus has defeated the grave: You receive eternal life; you go to heaven, what do you mean. What do you mean by death? Certainly every Christian who has ever walked the earth, or ever will, is going to die. Save a small fraction alive upon Christ's return. Jesus does not prevent that. So what do you mean? What is "Spiritual death"?

So what is this death you are spared from? If you did suffer that death what would it entail? When we do rarely mention God's wrath, what is that? Isn't he a God of love and blessings?

Maybe it's because we don't want to hear it. We wish to put a lid on that box and never speak of it. Maybe we are so focused on Him being a God of love that we forget, or deny, that he is also a God of justice and wrath. And that the justice and wrath are as much a part of him as the love.

Just a few thoughts.
Posted By: hookeye Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/22/20
Hell............is flat beer and flat women.
Posted By: hanco Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/22/20
My hell will be cold, and loud.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/22/20
Originally Posted by hookeye

No womenses.!
Posted By: jdm953 Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/22/20
Study the words that are translated "hell" in our Bible
then look at the other words they are translated to.
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/22/20
I was taught "The wages of sin is death." Hell only exists for the duration of "The Final Battle". After which all sinners cease to exist, and Heaven reigns on Earth.

Many Christians believe there is no "eternal pit of suffering and pain".
Posted By: antelope_sniper Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/22/20
Originally Posted by Armednfree
I picked this up on the radio the other day. It gave me some pause for reflection:
A member of the British royal family was leaving church after services one Sunday. He stopped for a moment to speak to the minister.
The Reverend answers, " Certainly, Jesus speaks strongly on that. It is part of our church doctrine."
The member of the Royal Family then asked, " Then why don't you ever speak of it?"

Think about that. When was the last time you heard a sermon on Hell? Not a small mention, but a sermon. Certainly there is plenty in the Bible a sermon just on Hell could be based.

Think of this, if we say Jesus has defeated the grave: You receive eternal life; you go to heaven, what do you mean. What do you mean by death? Certainly every Christian who has ever walked the earth, or ever will, is going to die. Save a small fraction alive upon Christ's return. Jesus does not prevent that. So what do you mean? What is "Spiritual death"?

So what is this death you are spared from? If you did suffer that death what would it entail? When we do rarely mention God's wrath, what is that? Isn't he a God of love and blessings?

Maybe it's because we don't want to hear it. We wish to put a lid on that box and never speak of it. Maybe we are so focused on Him being a God of love that we forget, or deny, that he is also a God of justice and wrath. And that the justice and wrath are as much a part of him as the love.

Just a few thoughts.

Why should we believe any of it?
Posted By: NH K9 Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/22/20
There’s going to be a lot of surprised ‘christians’ there............
Posted By: rem141r Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/22/20
i think hell would be an eternal democratic debate
Originally Posted by Armednfree

Just a few thoughts.

As for why do some preachers avoid sermons on Hell?

You get more fly's with honey than vinegar?

Might not be the best subject for maximizing collections?

It's at odds with claims of an "omni-benevolent" God?

Preaching from Revelations can be dangerous?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/lori-val...god-sent-to-prepare-world-for-apocalypse

The Vallows' marriage had been crumbling. Charles had filed for divorce, saying in court documents that he feared she would kill him and that she’d developed strange, doomsday-cult-like beliefs, reportedly calling herself “a god assigned to carry out the work of the 144,000 at Christ’s second coming in July 2020.”
Originally Posted by NH K9

Posted By: slumlord Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/22/20
If hell is not being preached about regularly at the church you go to then you’re just lolly-gaggin. Why even go?

Maybe your church needs to hold a revival.
“Lo, there do I see my father.
Lo, there do I see my mother,
and my sisters, and my brothers.
Lo, there do I see the line of my people,
Back to the beginning!

Lo, they do call to me.
They bid me take my place among them,
In the halls of Valhalla!
Where the brave may live forever!“
Posted By: 280shooter Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/22/20
Originally Posted by rem141r

It could be eternal religious debates on the internet or re-fighting the Civil War.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/22/20
Originally Posted by 280shooter

It could be eternal religious debates on the internet or re-fighting the Civil War.

Ahem....War of Northern Aggression thank you very much.
Posted By: WhiteTail48 Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/22/20

Matthew 25:46 clearly says the wicked will have everlasting punishment, and the saved will have everlasting/eternal life. That’s pretty clear.

If one believes scripture, it says heaven is eternal, as is hell.

“And there shall be no night there, and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; the Lord God giveth the them light: and they shall reign forever and ever.” Rev 22:5

If believers have eternal life, rejecters of Jesus have eternal death (fire). 2 Thess 1:8-9 and Jude 7 mention eternal destruction.

Rejecting Jesus is a horrible eternal sin that requires eternal punishment.

It is so easy to be saved and avoid eternal hell. Just believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved.
Acts 16:31
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Ahem....War of Northern Aggression thank you very much.

Gonna get ugly now.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/22/20
Good thread idea, and let be know that I, did not start it.
Posted By: wyowinchester Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/22/20

There's going to be a lot of surprised non- Christian there, also.
I’m not so sure.
Those folks all kinda know the chance is there. I’d guess if they ‘come to’ in hell it won’t be much of a shock about location.
Posted By: nugget Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/22/20
Originally Posted by slumlord
If hell is not being preached about regularly at the church you go to then you’re just lolly-gaggin. Why even go?

This,thanks slumlord
I forget the exact quote , something about a wide smooth path, easy riding, all downhill. A lot of fun until----. I'd much rather go to the other place.
Posted By: Beansnbacon33 Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/22/20
Hell would be the worst inner city ghetto in a lake of lava , and Mexican rap crap reggae rap being played full blast in my burning ears for eternity. Over and over and over and......
Posted By: AKA_Spook Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/22/20
hell is an internet forum where everyone thinks they are a biblical scholar and the same dumb fuc ks argue the same stupid shi t over and over without resolve. Week after week.Month after month. Year after year............

I know , Its my fault for clicking.
Posted By: gregintenn Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/22/20
Originally Posted by nugget
Originally Posted by slumlord

This,thanks slumlord

I've heard more than my share of them.
Posted By: BOWSINGER Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/22/20
“Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!

But He loves you.” George Carlin
Not at all the way I understand it Bow.
Posted By: smokepole Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/22/20

You left out "best elk cartridge."
Posted By: Filaman Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/22/20
As was stated above, there's plenty of example of scripture telling us about it in the Bible. But how it comes about specifically, I, like everybody else have no clue because only one has lived to tell about it and he did in scripture. I have to go by what he said. That may not be real clear to me, but that's where faith comes in. Nothing can force you to believe, you have your choice. Everything boils down to choice, but in this case the wrong choice could be a very bad mistake.
Posted By: antlers Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/22/20
I think people will exist eternally...with or without God. I think we were created to exist forever. We will either exist eternally separated from God by sin...or we will exist eternally with God through forgiveness and salvation. I think to be eternally separated from God is hell....and to be eternally in union with Him is eternal life in Heaven. I do think Heaven and hell are real places of eternal existence.
But, if the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of a divine reward...or the avoidance of a divine punishment...those seem to be pretty self-centered motivations.
Posted By: OAM Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/22/20
Hell is about 150 NW of Dutch Harbor in mid January. Not sure where it goes the rest of the year.
Posted By: Blueboy Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/22/20
Put your finger on a hot stove eye....immediately you know what hell will feel like (according to my Bible it is burning pit, so must be hot) and when you take that last breath and your body functions has stopped...and you do not believe in HIM.....immediately you will fill that hot stove eye, only all over your body.... and forever and forever non stop pain.....that not good.
Originally Posted by smokepole

You left out "best elk cartridge."

Stunt-shooting Yankee! grin
Posted By: DBT Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/23/20
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
hell is an internet forum where everyone thinks they are a biblical scholar and the same dumb fuc ks argue the same stupid shi t over and over without resolve. Week after week.Month after month. Year after year............

I know , Its my fault for clicking.

Nice summary. smile
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/23/20
I think it probably looks a lot like I-75 going through Atlanta at 5:00 PM on a Friday evening.
Posted By: AKA_Spook Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/23/20
Originally Posted by Blueboy
Put your finger on a hot stove eye....immediately you know what hell will feel like (according to my Bible it is burning pit, so must be hot) and when you take that last breath and your body functions has stopped...and you do not believe in HIM.....immediately you will fill that hot stove eye, only all over your body.... and forever and forever non stop pain.....that not good.

in India,( population 1.4 billion and counting) people believe in a plethora of gods, some with extra arms , some have elephant heads, some ride tigers...

India's Gods

is that same unending torture going to be applied to people who only ever knew India's gods and didnt know about Christ?

Posted By: P_Weed Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/23/20
Hell is an internet place where all the self righteous know-it-all's and antagonists go to yell and contradict each other throughout eternity - - - All Aboard!
Posted By: Ringman Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/23/20
Originally Posted by antlers
I think people will exist eternally...with or without God. I think we were created to exist forever. We will either exist eternally separated from God by sin...or we will exist eternally with God through forgiveness and salvation. I think to be eternally separated from God is hell....and to be eternally in union with Him is eternal life in Heaven. I do think Heaven and hell are real places of eternal existence.
But, if the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of a divine reward...or the avoidance of a divine punishment...those seem to be pretty self-centered motivations.

You've had some good posts lately.
Posted By: Ringman Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/23/20

in India,( population 1.4 billion and counting) people believe in a plethora of gods, some with extra arms , some have elephant heads, some ride tigers...

India's Gods

is that same unending torture going to be applied to people who only ever knew India's gods and didnt know about Christ?

First Thessalonians One teaches both those who don't know God and those who don't obey the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ will receive firey retribution.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/23/20
In regards to people that never had a chance to hear the Word, I think that is covered somewhere.
Posted By: gunzo Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/23/20
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
“Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!

But He loves you.” George Carlin

I wanted to duck my head & look up to see if the sky was coming down around me for even watching that skit from Carlin, but,, he made me think.
Posted By: gunzo Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/23/20
[video:yahoo]https://youtu.be/gPOfurmrjxo[/video]
Posted By: CEoW717 Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/23/20
My thoughts? I punched my ticket years ago.
Posted By: Lennie Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/23/20

India's Gods

During the time the Savior was in the tomb, He preached his gospel to the spirits of the dead. Hence it is obvious a plan exists for those who do not receive
his message in mortality.
1 Peter 3:18-19
18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the  unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to  death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
19 By which also he went and  preached unto the  spirits in prison;

1 Peter 4:6
6 For for this cause was the  gospel  preached also to them that are dead, that they might be  judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit

Paul taught, that everyone who is born, will be resurrected and receive a body of flesh and bones just like the savior had when He was resurrected Paul wrote the 15th chapter of Corinthians to prove there is resurrection.
1 Cor. 15:21-22
21 For since by man came death, by man came also the  resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in  Adam all  die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

Luke 24:36-40
36 ¶ And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them,  Peace be unto you. 37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen spirit. 38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do  thoughts arise in your hearts? 39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself:  handle me, and see; for a  spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have. 40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet
Posted By: antelope_sniper Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/23/20
Here's an interesting, short 3 minutes on the subject from a Biblical Scholar.

Posted By: mauserand9mm Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/23/20
Another good video - thanks for posting
Posted By: srwshooter Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/23/20
the lord sure didn't do much for a friend of mine who got slammed by a train 2 weeks ago and killed.plane crashes killing all but one person and he is 'blessed',yeah right . he's just one lucky MF.

biggest scam in human history.
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/23/20
Hell is like bigfoot in my opinion. If it exists, show us some evidence. At least with bigfoot, there's a guy in a fake monkey suit.
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/23/20
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48

Matthew 25:46 clearly says the wicked will have everlasting punishment, and the saved will have everlasting/eternal life. That’s pretty clear.

“And there shall be no night there, and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; the Lord God giveth the them light: and they shall reign forever and ever.” Rev 22:5

If believers have eternal life, rejecters of Jesus have eternal death (fire). 2 Thess 1:8-9 and Jude 7 mention eternal destruction.

It is so easy to be saved and avoid eternal hell. Just believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved.

And you made my point. The scripture says "eternal death" and "eternal destruction". It does not say eternal life of torture and torment.

Take a good read of Rev 20. The "second death" is referenced more than once.
Heaven and Hell is a carrot and stick ploy, reward and punishment, believe this or bad things will happen to you.
Posted By: WhiteTail48 Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/23/20
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48

And you made my point. The scripture says "eternal death" and "eternal destruction". It does not say eternal life of torture and torment.

Take a good read of Rev 20. The "second death" is referenced more than once.

Keep reading through Rev 21.

“But the fearful, and UNBELIEVING, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
Rev 21:8
Posted By: BeanMan Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/23/20
Because Hell is a fictitious place?
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/23/20
There are no chopper pilots down in hell.
The bible is not very clear on what it teaches. There are verses that support eternal torment and there are verses that support death for the damned. Just as there are verses that support universal salvation and verses that support salvation only for the elect.
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/23/20
Yes,once again "second death".

And if you really read it, the human dead are not in Heaven or Hell at this time. The saved are lying in their grave awaiting the 2'nd coming.

After Satan has been chained for 1000 years after the second coming, then shall occur the third coming and the resurrection of non-rightous human dead and Armageddon as Satan and his minions lay siege to the Holy City of Heaven on Earth.

It is all layed out quite simply in the first few verses of Rev 20.

So Rev 20 states quite clearly that we are at least 1000 years and two "Comings of Christ" away from Armegeddon.

Unless, of course, there is an error or falsehood contained within the writings of the Bible.

Posted By: Lucas1 Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/23/20
The scare tactics of preaching on hell only works on people for a short while. You can't scare people into getting saved. The truly saved are more interested in where they are going instead of where they are not going.
Posted By: doubletap Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/23/20
Originally Posted by hookeye

Maybe it’s great looking women and you have a permanent case of e.d.
Posted By: DBT Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/24/20

And if you really read it, the human dead are not in Heaven or Hell at this time. The saved are lying in their grave awaiting the 2'nd coming.

After Satan has been chained for 1000 years after the second coming, then shall occur the third coming and the resurrection of non-rightous human dead and Armageddon as Satan and his minions lay siege to the Holy City of Heaven on Earth.

So Rev 20 states quite clearly that we are at least 1000 years and two "Comings of Christ" away from Armegeddon.

Unless, of course, there is an error or falsehood contained within the writings of the Bible.

Even with that interpretation....it could hardly be called just to condemn people to the death penalty for the mere condition of a lack of conviction. Human justice is not that brutal. A God of Love, being omniscient and omnipotent could do no less than apply universal salvation.

''For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people,'' - Titus 2:11

''For to this end we toil and strive, because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of all people, especially of those who believe.'' -
1 Timothy 4:10

''For God has consigned all to disobedience, that he may have mercy on all.'' - Romans 11:32

''And all flesh shall see the salvation of God.'' - Luke 3:6
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/24/20
I’m not so sure.
Those folks all kinda know the chance is there. I’d guess if they ‘come to’ in hell it won’t be much of a shock about location.

Yep. It probly wont be them who gnash their teeth.
Posted By: antelope_sniper Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/24/20
Originally Posted by DBT
The bible is not very clear on what it teaches. There are verses that support eternal torment and there are verses that support death for the damned. Just as there are verses that support universal salvation and verses that support salvation only for the elect.

Almost as if it had different authors at different times, who were pushing different doctrines for different purposes, How strange!!
Posted By: mauserand9mm Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/24/20
They had to add more "stick" approach to gain control. You get sick of carrots over time
Posted By: DBT Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/24/20
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by DBT

Almost as if it had different authors at different times, who were pushing different doctrines for different purposes, How strange!!

Very strange indeed. You'd think that Constantine and all the councils that followed would have done a better job of compilation and editing. Perhaps they thought it wouldn't matter because most people would not read it critically.
Originally Posted by Lennie

India's Gods

During the time the Savior was in the tomb, He preached his gospel to the spirits of the dead. Hence it is obvious a plan exists for those who do not receive
18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the  unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to  death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

6 For for this cause was the  gospel  preached also to them that are dead, that they might be  judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit

Paul taught, that everyone who is born, will be resurrected and receive a body of flesh and bones just like the savior had when He was resurrected Paul wrote the 15th chapter of Corinthians to prove there is resurrection.
21 For since by man came death, by man came also the  resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in  Adam all  die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

36 ¶ And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them,  Peace be unto you. 37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen spirit. 38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do  thoughts arise in your hearts? 39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself:  handle me, and see; for a  spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have. 40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet

Great post. Thanks.
Then he will say to those on his left, “Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. . . . And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into hell, “where their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched

They will suffer the punishment of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might, when he comes on that day to be ....

And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever, and they have no rest, day or night, these worshipers of the beast and its image, and whoever receives the mark of its name.

thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever. . . . Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by antlers

You've had some good posts lately.

For sure.
Posted By: Ringman Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/24/20
Originally Posted by Lennie

India's Gods

I see that as saying, "I told you so." Hebrews says, "It is appointed unto man once to die and then the judgement." No second chance once you die.
Originally Posted by DBT

Only for the less than serious student. God is quite clear He hates the wicked. He is quite clear He says some people are His enemies.
He also says He wants all to come to repentance. The ball is in the person's court. God waits for our reaction.

God's Word teaches "to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord." There is no waiting in the grave.
Even Jesus couldn't be any clearer when He spoke of the rich man and the poor man in Abraham's bosom. They were aware of their surroundings and not "sleeping".
Originally Posted by DBT

Even with that interpretation....it could hardly be called just to condemn people to the death penalty for the mere condition of a lack of conviction. Human justice is not that brutal. A God of Love, being omniscient and omnipotent could do no less than apply universal salvation.

''For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people,'' - Titus 2:11

''For to this end we toil and strive, because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of all people, especially of those who believe.'' -

''For God has consigned all to disobedience, that he may have mercy on all.'' - Romans 11:32

Again your arrogance is showing. You, a finite man, are judging an Eternal Being as though you are an equal.
You want Titus to stand alone, but God says He wants all to come to repentance.
The verse in Timothy is really easy to understand if you aren't always looking for a reason to condemn God. Did not God save you for years giving you a chance to repent.
Read the rest of Romans. You find God has mercy on some and condemn others.
All will see the salvation of God and every knee will bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is Lord. It will just be too late for most.
Originally Posted by DBT
Very strange indeed. You'd think that Constantine and all the councils that followed would have done a better job of compilation and editing. Perhaps they thought it wouldn't matter because most people would not read it critically.

You need to read the history of the New Testament. I posted one of our .com friend's post which was very clear on this subject. I'm sure you saw it.
Posted By: NH K9 Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/24/20
Originally Posted by jaguartx
I’m not so sure.

Yep. It probly wont be them who gnash their teeth.

Exactly.
It’ll be all the ‘good christians’: the hypocrites, the arrogant who love to sit in judgment, etc who will be trying to figure out WTF happened.
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/24/20
[Linked Image from memesmonkey.com]
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/24/20
Posted By: NH K9 Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/24/20
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
There are no chopper pilots down in hell.

I’d say they flew up to the Halls to join their Brothers.
Probably didn’t even need the Valkyries’ help.
Posted By: BlueDuck Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/24/20
Those that go. Find a way to get back to us, and let us know how it turned out.

God's Word teaches "to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord." There is no waiting in the grave.
Even Jesus couldn't be any clearer when He spoke of the rich man and the poor man in Abraham's bosom. They were aware of their surroundings and not "sleeping".

That's not what the Jews believe.
Originally Posted by DBT

Again your arrogance is showing. You, a finite man, are judging an Eternal Being as though you are an equal.
You want Titus to stand alone, but God says He wants all to come to repentance.
The verse in Timothy is really easy to understand if you aren't always looking for a reason to condemn God. Did not God save you for years giving you a chance to repent.
Read the rest of Romans. You find God has mercy on some and condemn others.
All will see the salvation of God and every knee will bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is Lord. It will just be too late for most.

Titus and Timothy.....

The most forged of the forged books attributed to "Paul".
Posted By: tzone Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/24/20
Originally Posted by hanco
My hell will be cold, and loud.

You're moving to MN?

That's not what the Jews believe.

Iirc, Obammy said, "Just believe".
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/24/20
I want no part of the place.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/24/20
Hell? 🤣🤣🤣

Ever been cussed out for buying the wrong Bible?

Oh the irony.
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/24/20
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Almost like, only the priests were even allowed to read it. OH!
Posted By: dassa Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/24/20

India's Gods

Yes because God is love.
Posted By: TnBigBore Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/24/20
Infinite punishment and torture for finite transgressions. Sounds fair to me.
Posted By: Spud Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/24/20
I know one thing, I don't want to go there...
Posted By: DBT Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/25/20
Originally Posted by DBT

Only for the less than serious student. God is quite clear He hates the wicked. He is quite clear He says some people are His enemies.
He also says He wants all to come to repentance. The ball is in the person's court. God waits for our reaction.

The more serious student? Or someone who reads through the filter of their faith and so not recognising obvious logical contradictions and inconsistencies?

It is clear that it is the latter.
Posted By: antelope_sniper Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/25/20
Originally Posted by dassa

India's Gods

Yes because God is love.

We already have a word for love.....it's love....no good reason to change the label...
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Almost like, only the priests were even allowed to read it. OH!

Many do read the bible now....yet fail to recognise the contradictions, inconsistencies and moral dilemmas. Quite astonishing really.
Originally Posted by dassa

India's Gods

Yes because God is love.

We already have a word for love.....it's love....no good reason to change the label...

Apparently it is an act of love to torture or kill - depending on which verses you read - your wayward children. Eternal torment or the death penalty for mere lack of conviction where conviction is not justified, just on threat....believe this or you'll be killed or tormented forever.

Eternal consequences for a trivial condition either way.
Posted By: 284LUVR Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/25/20
The devil's wife lives across from me.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/25/20
I shall put it this way, The Lord God Jesus has been very good to me. I'll trust Him to take care of me, and I hope, and pray I never find about Hell.

I wish the same for all you good folks!
Posted By: saskfox Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/25/20
The way Canada is going
Originally Posted by saskfox
The way Canada is going

The way the world is going.....
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/25/20
Originally Posted by TnBigBore

That is the Bhuddists’ objection to Christian doctrine.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Thoughts on Hell - 02/25/20
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by TnBigBore

That is the Bhuddists’ objection to Christian doctrine.

Them Buddhists are gonna be in for a damn rude awakening. 😜
Are they?
© 24hourcampfire