Home
Posted By: mjbgalt are you effing kidding me... - 03/15/20
Mike dewine has turned Ohio into a police state. Now restaurants are closed except for drive-thru and no bars are to be open. We also have been told that schools are closed for 3 weeks but maybe until fall. Who the [bleep] does this troll think he is. When will people finally realize we are NOT free!

I am so angry I can't stand still. Government can just do this and everyone makes excuses for why it's a good idea? Do they think government is going to give back this power? Do they think that if government decided to take over that it would be open and obvious??? This is how it happens. They start with a plausible premise and then slowly tighten the grip.
Posted By: hanco Re: are you effing kidding me... - 03/15/20
Hitler done took over!
I have never liked that little dweeb Dewine.
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Mike dewine has turned Ohio into a police state. Now restaurants are closed except for drive-thru and no bars are to be open. We also have been told that schools are closed for 3 weeks but maybe until fall. Who the [bleep] does this troll think he is. When will people finally realize we are NOT free!

I am so angry I can't stand still. Government can just do this and everyone makes excuses for why it's a good idea? Do they think government is going to give back this power? Do they think that if government decided to take over that it would be open and obvious??? This is how it happens. They start with a plausible premise and then slowly tighten the grip.

Yeah, pound your fists on your keyboard. Corona viruses everywhere will be impressed and intimidated.
sounds like a lot of people wont be bringing home a paycheck before too long.

You are completely correct

It's a tool, a means to an end. The end is the destruction of the US economy in an election year.
Posted By: 79S Re: are you effing kidding me... - 03/15/20
No blame all the people out yelling the sky is falling.. I went and looked up some posters here who been crying doom gloom over this.. Back in 09 they didn’t post chit about h1n1 ie swine flu. So now people are in the streets yelling .gov not doing enough, I’m going to die my kids will be in a orphanage. So when the government does stuff like the governor in Ohio did. Then folks come stumbling out of the house crying this is overreach of the Government.
Many people are already getting the news that they are unemployed for a while. And now they're voting to give emergency unemployment money to the people they put out of work, with our own money.
Well the deep state is watching. And they realize we are a bunch of sheep who won't push back. That's a very very bad thing for our future.

The same sorts of things were done during the Spanish Flu.
Posted By: 700LH Re: are you effing kidding me... - 03/15/20
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
In Italy now they are telling the old folks to go home and die as the hospitals are overflowing and and they are out of ventilators.
Originally Posted by Fireball2
It's a tool, a means to an end. The end is the destruction of the US economy in an election year.

Spot on.
Oh. Wait. I see now where in the Constitution it says "unless some people get sick...then none of this counts."
Posted By: KFWA Re: are you effing kidding me... - 03/15/20
he told restaurants to go drive thru? or is that voluntary? I haven't seen that around here .....yet
https://www.news5cleveland.com/news...-and-restaurants-carry-out-still-allowed

100 heavily armed and drinking patriots need to stage a bar sit.
I would be all in for that
Posted By: EdM Re: are you effing kidding me... - 03/15/20
We should follow Italy's example.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

The same sorts of things were done during the Spanish Flu.

and it worked. Imagine that?
OK leroy. Let's just let the government do what it wants and we can pretend it's ok.
Originally Posted by EdM

They do have lots of new D voters these days...
“ I’m from the government and I’m here to help”

Some of the scariest words ever!!!
OK leroy. Let's just let the government do what it wants and we can pretend it's ok.

No old relatives or friends? Or do you just want to watch them die?
No they can make their own decisions as to what to do, not my place to tell people what to do
So which is it? Restrict travel, to slow down/control this virus?? Or let folks do whatever they want even the ones who are sick? Me personally think it’s overhyped bullshit. Most of you ph ucks sure in the ph uck didn’t care about the swine flu 11yrs ago. But all of the sudden the sky is falling we all are going to die tomorrow.
Let folks be free. Always. And it is overhyped bullshit.
They didn't shut down the world over h1n1 so no...you didn't hear me ripping the government
Will govt workers still get paid ? does anybody really know ?
Originally Posted by jaguartx
In Italy now they are telling the old folks to go home and die as the hospitals are overflowing and and they are out of ventilators.

Can't be. All I keep reading on here is that this is nothing but a hoax.
Originally Posted by 79S
So which is it? Restrict travel, to slow down/control this virus?? Or let folks do whatever they want even the ones who are sick? Me personally think it’s overhyped bullshit. Most of you ph ucks sure in the ph uck didn’t care about the swine flu 11yrs ago. But all of the sudden the sky is falling we all are going to die tomorrow.

Are you really as math challenged as you sound? Really?
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by 79S

Oh Art don’t be a retard.. let me go dig up your posts from 2009 let’s see how ph ucking brilliant you were back then..
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

Oh Art don’t be a retard.. let me go dig up your posts from 2009 let’s see how ph ucking brilliant you were back then..

Have at it!

But make sure and do the very simple math before embarrassing yourself further.
Posted By: KFWA Re: are you effing kidding me... - 03/15/20
wow, not sure what to think of all this

There are going to be several places that shut down and won't open back up. I suspect many mom-n-pop places don't have 60 days of savings. There is a bbq place down the road that has offered to feed kids for free that need a lunch

I'm going to go there and give them a donation.
CDC just recommended no gatherings larger than 50 people in the next 8 weeks. I guess I won't get to see the Beach Boys in April now.
The problem with Italy, is it's aging population,
1 in 5 are over the age of 65
20 percent of your population at risk.
Tough decisions had to be made.
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

Have at it!

Ok ,, I have no idea what you referring by my math.. Swine flu occurred in 2009 which was what 11yrs ago. Far as my other comments about dying tomorrow was an exaggeration of people who think they get it will die in a matter of days. I realize you have a stick shoved up your ass and humor goes over your head daily...

Oh 2009 you were selling gold, not one word or post about the swine flu
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

79s, you are the retard now. Incredible how stupid some people are here.
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

79s, you are the retard now. Incredible how stupid some people are here.

Ah look the biggest retard of them all shows up on the scene..
we can only hope you get it..
It does my heart good to see two jackwipes go at each other.
Originally Posted by Fireball2
It does my heart good to see two jackwipes go at each other.

Look the most feared man (by his own account) on 24 Hourcampfire..
Posted By: 79S Re: are you effing kidding me... - 03/16/20
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans

Yeah, pound your fists on your keyboard. Corona viruses everywhere will be impressed and intimidated.

Retard..
Who has the authority to enforce the restaurant shutdown order?
I suppose the sheriff's dept?
I suppose the sheriff's dept?
What code would they be charged under?
Originally Posted by moosemike
CDC just recommended no gatherings larger than 50 people in the next 8 weeks. I guess I won't get to see the Beach Boys in April now.

I saw them over 30 years ago. There wasn't much left then. I doubt you'll be missing much.
Originally Posted by cra1948

I saw them over 30 years ago. There wasn't much left then. I doubt you'll be missing much.

Perhaps not.
It's simple - America has set up it's Health Care System to maximize profit - any bed not occupied, any equipment not being used is liquidated to maximize profit. We have 100,000 respirators in the US - 200 per State and about 10 in your local Hospitals and such. Once the folks who need respirators locally exceed 10 or so they will put #11 (and #12 and so forth) out in the hallway to die as their lungs shut down and there is no respirator to make them breath.

We are shutting everything down to flatten the curve and not overwhelm the health care system which has been stream lined and stripped to provide maximum profit to the hospital stock holders and Board. Once they set your Mother or Grandma out in the hallway to suffocate you'll get a lawyer/ We (The US) has [bleep] up and now the only way to save folks is to prevent infection at all costs. The time to prevent a huge loss of Life is *before* we overwhelm our meager Health Care System...once we have a million infected we are [bleep].

That means stay home/out of work and out of mass congregations. Schools breed viruses and we have known this for like 100 years. Send 'em to school and they will bring COVID-19 home to kill Grandma, Grandpa, The Mayor, etc.

We can't deal with 1 million infected. So they are shutting it down.
Originally Posted by cra1948

One original member left performing maybe?

I thought that Brian Wilson lost his Fuqking mind 40 something years ago from doing too much LSD. I’ll pass.

Kinda like Lynyrd Skynyrd. Only original member left performing is Gary Rossington. Van Zant’s little brother sings worse than I do. I’d rather listen to a CD of the original recodings, personally.
Heck I just got a swanky room in the Keys with airfare durt cheap. I might be the only sob there but for the price ya cant beat it.
phugk the goober ment
mjbgalt........I'm in the same state as you and just read the news. Hang in there brother Buckeye's are tougher than that, were gonna get thru this thing
We need to grab that little worm by the ears and jerk him out of office
The hysteria about the Wuhan flu reminds me of the Salem witch trials.

Who died? Anyone under 80 who didn't already have a terminal disease like emphasyma?

How many are going to die due to wrecking the economy?

What's the social cost of the mass unemployment soon to happen?
Yup

The thing is, none of this schitt is new. Governments have been quarantining infectious populations since the 14'th century.

Even the US Government, and even back in the days before the Commies started taking over.

New York city established a quarantine in 1663 to contain a Smallpox outbreak.

San Francisco, March 1900, 35,000 individuals locked inside a quarantine.

Talk about human rights violations, how about 120,000 people of Japanese ancestry interned in 1942.

At some time in the 1950's my Grandfather was suffering from a cough brought on by long term exposure to hay dust running a baler all summer. He was misdiagnosed with tuberculosis and subsequently arrested and forcibly interned in a "Consumption Sanitarium". He would have died there except that Grandma sneaked some "civvy" clothes in to him and broke him out.

Governments have always held the power to restrict the movement of the population in times of war or pestilence.
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
He would have died there except that Grandma sneaked some "civvy" clothes in to him and broke him out.

Good thing somebody had their head outta their ass, and didn't do what .gov said ta do.
And all of it was wrong all thru history
Originally Posted by Tyrone
What code would they be charged under?

The code where if you are found running dine in service some sheriff's deputies drag you off to jail?
Bars around here been packed all weekend.

Liberals are goin nuts.

St. Patty's day's gonna be fun.
Posted By: KFWA Re: are you effing kidding me... - 03/16/20
I have to admit, in the last 4 days or so - my view on this has changed quite a bit.

I'll still go to the grocery store when necessary and I hope to be able to go to the gym at 9pm or so when its less than 10 people there during the busy season but I have a feeling they are going to shut down anyways.

But any social gatherings are obviously out as is entertainment, I am lucky enough to work from home but my son is not, he has to go in and interact with the public at large - so we don't have as much of a firewall at home as I would like.
Originally Posted by 79S

First example of 100% math aphasia.

Death rate compared to 11 years ago is at least one, probably several orders of magnitude greater. Perfect numbers are impossible, especially for this one, but in time it will be shown to be far deadlier.

At this point I suspect this is going right over your head.
Posted By: dassa Re: are you effing kidding me... - 03/16/20
Originally Posted by EdM

No matter what the topic is, this has to be the world's all time worst advice.
Originally Posted by 79S

Death rate compared to 11 years ago is at least one, probably several orders of magnitude greater. Perfect numbers are impossible, especially for this one, but in time it will be shown to be far deadlier.

Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

Have at it!

Ok ,, I have no idea what you referring by my math.. Swine flu occurred in 2009 which was what 11yrs ago. Far as my other comments about dying tomorrow was an exaggeration of people who think they get it will die in a matter of days. I realize you have a stick shoved up your ass and humor goes over your head daily...

Another example of your aphasia.

You fail to see the stark difference between the two epidemics and they are huge. Delaying the peak of the pandemic will mean far fewer people will die. Far fewer people outside the recognized compromised population will die. And far fewer people inside that group will die.

Your freedom is great until it steps on the toes of another, especially when your actions could easily kill others. I pity you for your self-centered idiocy.
Originally Posted by dassa
Originally Posted by EdM

No matter what the topic is, this has to be the world's all time worst advice.

I am certain the sarcasm button would have been used if one were available.
We need to grab that little worm by the ears and jerk him out of office

Who is "we" in this context?

Riggghhhtttt....

Riggghhhtttt....

One's opinion on this matter tends to be formed regarding which side of the quarantine line one sits on.

If you are outside, the quarantine is a wonderful thing.

If you are inside and not exhibiting symptoms yet, you are stuck there with all the sick ones. That is not a desirable scenario.

But yes, throughout human history it has been necessary occasionally to sacrifice the few in order to save the many.
I'm usually pretty libertarian, I believe in small government except for national defense. I see this as a national defense issue. I'm amazed at the stuff I saw online of all the people lining up to go to the bars. They were titled millennial Darwinism. I don't think that was an accurate name for it, it should have been mass murdering millennials. Or millennial geronticide, maybe millennial senocide. Is this their plan to make sure social security is still there for them. I can just Imagine them coughing on old people and dismissively saying ok boomer.

Amazing they level of self centeredness and narcissism that's on display right now. The constitution is only sufficient to protect a moral people. If people would use sound judgement and show others consideration there would be no need to make anything mandatory, it could all be recommendations.

Unfortunately, there's too many people that only care about themselves, like the sick assclowns still going to the gym and coughing on all the equipment. Got to look good so they can hookup with a stranger at the bar tonight.

If I'm in public this week and some sick millennial walks up and coughs in my face do I have the right to shoot him. It seems like a direct potentially deadly threat to me.

The arrogant prick that walked into the Dr's office my wife works at this weekend and ignored the huge stop signs and self screening signs. He was specifically directed to call before entering and request a mask because he'd recently traveled out of state, had a cough and a fever, but ignored all the rules and exposed half the office. Then bragged about going to the gym to try to power through it. It's idiots like him that make laws get passed.

I don't care if a healthy guy wants to go out and run around but would it kill people to curtail the big social gatherings for a while.

Bb
I really believe this shag virus was engineered by the ChiComs to do trump in, with the ok from the Demonrats. It would be funny if it back fired.

people need to chill. This histeria is our worst enemy.

I went to the grocery store yesterday and saw people with carts full of TP, Eggs, laundry soap, etc. I saw somebody I knew, his cart overflowing with all this stuff and I ask him, "What the hell you gonna do with all that." He got a wild look in his eye and excitedly told me, "The Virus, we might all die from the Virus, so we need to be prepared!" I told him, "If you die, then you surely won't need all that toilet paper!" LOL!
Originally Posted by lapua6547
It's simple - America has set up it's Health Care System to maximize profit - any bed not occupied, any equipment not being used is liquidated to maximize profit. We have 100,000 respirators in the US - 200 per State and about 10 in your local Hospitals and such. Once the folks who need respirators locally exceed 10 or so they will put #11 (and #12 and so forth) out in the hallway to die as their lungs shut down and there is no respirator to make them breath.

We are shutting everything down to flatten the curve and not overwhelm the health care system which has been stream lined and stripped to provide maximum profit to the hospital stock holders and Board. Once they set your Mother or Grandma out in the hallway to suffocate you'll get a lawyer/ We (The US) has [bleep] up and now the only way to save folks is to prevent infection at all costs. The time to prevent a huge loss of Life is *before* we overwhelm our meager Health Care System...once we have a million infected we are [bleep].

That means stay home/out of work and out of mass congregations. Schools breed viruses and we have known this for like 100 years. Send 'em to school and they will bring COVID-19 home to kill Grandma, Grandpa, The Mayor, etc.

Stop making sense.

Geno

PS and stop running down the profit system wink
Posted By: ERK Re: are you effing kidding me... - 03/16/20
I agree with Lapua. There is no reason to make a situation worse. Some of you are so scared of the government you can’t use common sense. Grow up and try and help and not hinder the situation. Ed k
There really aren't many ICU beds with ventilators in most hospitals. My first nursing job was as an oncology nurse at St Luke's in Boise, definitely one of the 2 largest ICUs in the state and it wasn't too big. Seemed like it was often close to full with just the average day to day stuff.

The oncology unit had some very sick patients but it was still 5 patients for 1 nurse. It was an incredibly hard job. Chemo, blood transfusions, pca's, Heprin drips, multiple IV bags on each patient. You ran all night to keep up.

An old nurse told me once that 10 years ago all of my patients would have been in the ICU and been 1 nurse per 2 patients max. I asked where would today's ICU Pts be? She said dead. I've worked a lot of hard jobs but that was the toughest.

You younger healthier guys should be looking into what you can do to help nurses and front line health care workers soon. They might have a pet to walk or yard work they need help with. They'll be swamped saving lives.

Bb
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
There really aren't many ICU beds with ventilators in most hospitals. My first nursing job was as an oncology nurse at St Luke's in Boise, definitely one of the 2 largest ICUs in the state and it wasn't too big. Seemed like it was often close to full with just the average day to day stuff.

The oncology unit had some very sick patients but it was still 5 patients for 1 nurse. It was an incredibly hard job. Chemo, blood transfusions, pca's, Heprin drips, multiple IV bags on each patient. You ran all night to keep up.

An old nurse told me once that 10 years ago all of my patients would have been in the ICU and been 1 nurse per 2 patients max. I asked where would today's ICU Pts be? She said dead. I've worked a lot of hard jobs but that was the toughest.

You younger healthier guys should be looking into what you can do to help nurses and front line health care workers soon. They might have a pet to walk or yard work they need help with. They'll be swamped saving lives.

Bb

Excellent idea about helping out your local health care pros around the homeplace Bb.

Geno
Originally Posted by 79S

Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

Have at it!

You fail to see the stark difference between the two epidemics and they are huge. Delaying the peak of the pandemic will mean far fewer people will die. Far fewer people outside the recognized compromised population will die. And far fewer people inside that group will die.

Your freedom is great until it steps on the toes of another, especially when your actions could easily kill others. I pity you for your self-centered idiocy.

Hey Art, exactly how many healthy 30 year olds have died from the OhSoDeadly Covid-19?
The democrat anti-American/socialist policies, rules, regulations, and taxes will destroy America forever if we do not vote the democrats out of power in the 2020 election. They should be removed off all the ballots. They offer nothing for America or its people to make the country better.
Well he is not the only governor to close down the bars.
Gavin Newsom just today closed down all bars/clubs/wineries/ and brewpubs here in CA.

Also called for anyone over 65 to self isolate. That means me as I'm well over that age.

I think this is more serious that we imagine.
My son is a micro biologist in a major CA university hospital with virus patients.
He called me on Thurs and told me to quit traveling with my job and go home and stay there.
Fri my son in law who is a CA fire engineer and para medic in a major city called and told me the same thing.

They both are getting more info than is available to the general public.
Originally Posted by kroo88
Originally Posted by 79S

Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

Have at it!

Hey Art, exactly how many healthy 30 year olds have died from the OhSoDeadly Covid-19?

To ask the question shows a serious lack of understanding about the situation. Period. No one knows right now and no one will ever know exactly how many.
Originally Posted by FoxTrotter
Gavin Newsom just today closed down all bars/clubs/wineries/ and brewpubs here in CA.

Also called for anyone over 65 to self isolate. That means me as I'm well over that age.

My son is a micro biologist in a major CA university hospital with virus patients.
He called me on Thurs and told me to quit traveling with my job and go home and stay there.
Fri my son in law who is a CA fire engineer and para medic in a major city called and told me the same thing.

There is not anything big being hidden. It is simply a fact too many are denying what is being given out generally and are looking to confuse the issues. The infection titer is a very important issue and it is not generally given because so many are bent on confusing the issue of keeping down the curve.
Originally Posted by 79S

Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

Have at it!

Therein lies part of the problem. Millennials, and younger healthier folks in general, have been educated to the point that they are not at risk. Therefore, they couldn't care less about who they are impacting (infecting) with their frivolity.

As a "boomer", as even many of the youngerlings here tend to call us, the lack of a sense of community that some youngers exhibit is sickening, and quite evident of a deeper reaching me-me-me mentality.

Yeah, I could die mutherfuker, but get this: What you'll be left with after my dust settles won't in any way resemble what I intended to leave you with.

I'm with you - how in hell can some gov't dickweed tell a private business to close just because of a virus???? I hope they all tell him to GFY...
Do I hear any offers to pay my mortgage while the economy is locked down?
Make the deplorables pay!
Your talking about Schumer?
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by 79S

Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

Have at it!

Therein lies part of the problem. Millennials, and younger healthier folks in general, have been educated to the point that they are not at risk. Therefore, they couldn't care less about who they are impacting (infecting) with their frivolity.

As a "boomer", as even many of the youngerlings here tend to call us, the lack of a sense of community that some youngers exhibit is sickening, and quite evident of a deeper reaching me-me-me mentality.

Yeah, I could die mutherfuker, but get this: What you'll be left with after my dust settles won't in any way resemble what I intended to leave you with.

LD, I asked a simple question. It seems you and Art are fearing the virus so badly that you can’t even answer the question, Or at least acknowledge the point I’m making.

I’m on the back side of 50 so millennial probably doesn’t apply.

There is no specific data being reported on the health and age of the deceased. It is being withheld purposely.
This is bullshit!

Everybody should be able to go anywhere they want!

,.....except my house, of course. Don't even knock on the door.
Posted By: BLG Re: are you effing kidding me... - 03/16/20

No offense but according to your 100,000 number, you math is off by a factor of 10.

Clyde
One thing I've noticed around here is,..they're not putting every case in the hospital. They send them home to self isolate.
Posted By: efw Re: are you effing kidding me... - 03/16/20
The problem we’re seeing is that self governance only works for those with self discipline.

To the extent that we can sacrifice what’s convenient or expedient for ourselves in favor of our neighbor we can self govern. Beyond that “the man” will have to step in.

This narrative that this is nothing more than a plot to collapse the economy seemed at first plausible but is becoming increasingly suspect to me as international stories come to light.

I’ll be cooperating with civil authorities to the greatest extent possible. It may be that my family is safe, but I have friends & neighbors who are in high risk classes and my compliance may save their lives.

At some point my freedom comes with responsibility even if I’m a bit dubious as to motives behind the chicken littles who say the sky is falling.

Originally Posted by Redneck

I'm with you - how in hell can some gov't dickweed tell a private business to close just because of a virus???? I hope they all tell him to GFY...

Very, very simply and long used in the US under Common Law in declared Emergencies. Why in Hell should some inconsiderate idiot be allowed to do things long known and well-proven to kill other people? This ain't a helmet law. This is someone else being compromised to the point of death because you want to hang out with people.
Originally Posted by efw
The problem we’re seeing is that self governance only works for those with self discipline.

To the extent that we can sacrifice what’s convenient or expedient for ourselves in favor of our neighbor we can self govern. Beyond that “the man” will have to step in.

This narrative that this is nothing more than a plot to collapse the economy seemed at first plausible but is becoming increasingly suspect to me as international stories come to light.

I’ll be cooperating with civil authorities to the greatest extent possible. It may be that my family is safe, but I have friends & neighbors who are in high risk classes and my compliance may save their lives.

At some point my freedom comes with responsibility even if I’m a bit dubious as to motives behind the chicken littles who say the sky is falling.

Well said. As our preacher said yesterday (via internet livestream, in-house services cancelled) we are torn between Romans 13 and Acts 5. For now I am in the Romans camp, "Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers."
I wonder what the effect on health is going to be for all the people losing jobs/declaring bankruptcy.
Well the deep state is watching. And they realize we are a bunch of sheep who won't push back. That's a very very bad thing for our future.

Couldn't agree more. They already launched a trial balloon with trying to take our President away, Im sure it was observed wed just sit on our ass and complain.
I wonder what the effect on health is going to be for all the people losing jobs/declaring bankruptcy.

What jobs are being lost?

I see jobs being put on hold possibly including mine. If you're running so tight that a two or three week interruption in your finances has you filing bankruptcy you might be doing it all wrong.
Hahaha!

Hopefully Dave Ramsey is writing another book.......
kroo88,

My friend, I'm not questioning your point. I'm merely making my own. I don't fear the virus any more than I fear getting run over by a bus. And, that's not much. If you knew me better, and more details of my personal life, you would know that. At this point in my life, what will be, will be. I would not say that I am fearless. But, I am not fearful. Maybe that helps you understand me better.

My post was simply an observation from my perspective, and was not a specific answer to any question you may have posed, nor was it to discharge anything you stated. Your opinions may differ somewhat from mine, and I can respect them. You are obviously on "our" side.

PS- I do agree with you that we are not be being provided proper information on the health, wellness, and ages of the deceased.

Carry on.

PSS- this statement was not directed at you. It was a general statement aimed at the me-me-me's who may hurt others by participating in dangerous behavior.

Posted By: 79S Re: are you effing kidding me... - 03/16/20
Originally Posted by 79S

Lol ok and you are one the guys running Around yelling sky is falling.. you are part of the problem.. But please tell us more, hell according to you are the smartest guy on the campfire. So tell us how is this one more deadlier? If it’s as bad as you think it is, why isn’t their a domestic travel ban? Again you in 09 you didn’t give two chits about h1n1 but today you are all freaked out yelling we are all going to die.

So it's okay to just kill off all the nonproductive citizens? Social Security and Medicare recipients are just a drain on society's resources anyway. Hell a bunch of these old fuggers probably have 401 K accounts. If we can kill them off those accounts can be handed over for their heirs to spend. Instant economy boost. Or perhaps nationalised.

Make Social Security and Medicare solvent again. And hey its a win/win situation. If we can kill off half of the old codgers fighting for Right to Life and supporting NRA, we can advance our social order initiatives.

Cool, it's time to cull the deplorables!

Just remember, Kroo88, your time is coming. One of these days you will be old and no longer an actual contributing member of society. Maybe by then, the Socialists will have no need of a disease to rid them of their deplorables. Perhaps they will just bring back Zyklon B and mass crematoria.
Assault sneezes and coughs of mass destruction.
Originally Posted by 79S

Lol ok and you are one the guys running Around yelling sky is falling.. you are part of the problem.. But please tell us more, hell according to you are the smartest guy on the campfire. So tell us how is this one more deadlier? If it’s as bad as you think it is, why isn’t their a domestic travel ban? Again you in 09 you didn’t give two chits about h1n1 but today you are all freaked out yelling we are all going to die.

There is ONE major difference between C-19 today and H1N1 eleven years ago.

C-19 is a brand new pathogen in the human population. There is zero pre-existing immunity.

H1N1 was simply a recurrence of the Spanish Flue of 1918. It is the same virus. Across the world the infection rate was only 24% in '99. There existed herd immunity to H1N1, because the virus had been extant in the population for 90 years.

The spread of C-19 is much more appropriately compared to the Spanish Flu of 1918 than the '99 occurence. Morbidity rates, infection rates, and mortality rates are nearly identical to 1918.
Posted By: efw Re: are you effing kidding me... - 03/16/20
Originally Posted by 16bore
Assault sneezes and coughs of mass destruction.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

None of your "arguments" make any sense, none! If you wish to engage in a real discussion you should work at building an argument that flows through your theory and presents valid reasons to accept your assessment of the situation. I have detailed the importance of the repressed curve and the lower infection titer. The best you can do is claim anyone else said anything about the falling sky. That is not a valid argument. The only thing more ridiculous is trying to tie your idea of what the death rate should look like to reality. But I am guessing that look would elude you.

You claim we are the problem yet say absolutely nothing to support your idiotic claim.

I have never made claim to be the smartest guy on the fire and as a matter of fact will gladly list some I know here that I am in awe of. You will never be able to cite me making an argument to authority. You cannot cite one now.

"More deadlier?" And you really want to argue with anyone and think you will impress anyone else?

Yes, the information so far supports the fact the virus is deadlier than any other in our lifetimes, period.

You are attempting to conflate any number of different issues with absolutely no facts, statements, arguments, connections, or convincing cogitations. Without a reasonable argument you think you can convince anyone of anything?

Domestic travel ban? Really? Do you know what airlines do in addition to hauling freight?

My feelings about anything from 11 years ago are moot.
Posted By: djs Re: are you effing kidding me... - 03/17/20

One epidemiologist has predicted that 1.6 million Americans will die from the Corona Virus. This is based on contagion rates from China, Korea, Italy and Spain along with mortality rates from these countries. Maybe closing restaurants, bars, sporting events, schools, etc. can mitigate these numbers.
Posted By: JeffA Re: are you effing kidding me... - 03/17/20
There ya go again, raining facts down on a fools parade.....:-)
Less than 3,500 reported deaths in China, where they pack in like sardines on public transportation, do not practice good hygiene, and are predisposed to respiratory problems.

Why would anyone think that it's going to be 300 times more deadly in the USA?
Originally Posted by kelbro
Why would anyone think that it's going to be 300 times more deadly in the USA?

It's what China has done to achieve the numbers they report (if valid at all) would not be possible in most any free country.

Take a deep breath and get a good night's sleep.
Everybody's hoarding what they consider to be essentials, but I'm waiting for things to get worse so's I can pickup a '66 GTO on the cheap. smile

Or maybe a retro-mod '63 split window, or...

Hey, everybody likes to say this too shall pass, and if it does I want to be prepared.

If it doesn't pass I'm hoping for the rapture. Be prepared for that too!!
This is gonna hurt a lot of folks who never get the virus.

We will start furloughing employees today. We will still pay their Healthcare, but payroll can't happen if the country isnt operating.

We opened an emergency line of credit with the bank yesterday.

We can't behave like this every time we have a seasonal virus.

Most hospitals arent designed to maximize profit but are fighting tooth and nail to survive and keep their doors open. Govt mandates on indigent care of citizens and non-paying non-citizens, lawsuits, ....

We lost thousands under Zero
Originally Posted by 79S

You might mean, "..all of A sudden...."
Originally Posted by 12344mag

I see jobs being put on hold possibly including mine. If you're running so tight that a two or three week interruption in your finances has you filing bankruptcy you might be doing it all wrong.
The average American isn't financially able/prepared to handle a 1000.00 emergency. Given that statistic, two or three weeks without pay is going to be a disaster for the Average American.
Originally Posted by FoxTrotter

You just dont get it, do you? If you are over 65 yer prolly not wat da crew calls healty so it dont matter ifin ya die, jes dont be a keepin us outta da dayom bars. wink

C-19 is a brand new pathogen in the human population. There is zero pre-existing immunity.

H1N1 was simply a recurrence of the Spanish Flue of 1918. It is the same virus. Across the world the infection rate was only 24% in '99. There existed herd immunity to H1N1, because the virus had been extant in the population for 90 years.

The spread of C-19 is much more appropriately compared to the Spanish Flu of 1918 than the '99 occurence. Morbidity rates, infection rates, and mortality rates are nearly identical to 1918.

THIS^^^^^

None of your "arguments" make any sense, none! If you wish to engage in a real discussion you should work at building an argument that flows through your theory and presents valid reasons to accept your assessment of the situation. I have detailed the importance of the repressed curve and the lower infection titer. The best you can do is claim anyone else said anything about the falling sky. That is not a valid argument. The only thing more ridiculous is trying to tie your idea of what the death rate should look like to reality. But I am guessing that look would elude you.

You claim we are the problem yet say absolutely nothing to support your idiotic claim.

I have never made claim to be the smartest guy on the fire and as a matter of fact will gladly list some I know here that I am in awe of. You will never be able to cite me making an argument to authority. You cannot cite one now.

"More deadlier?" And you really want to argue with anyone and think you will impress anyone else?

Yes, the information so far supports the fact the virus is deadlier than any other in our lifetimes, period.

You are attempting to conflate any number of different issues with absolutely no facts, statements, arguments, connections, or convincing cogitations. Without a reasonable argument you think you can convince anyone of anything?

Domestic travel ban? Really? Do you know what airlines do in addition to hauling freight?

My feelings about anything from 11 years ago are moot.

And THIS^^^^

Thank you Idaho Shooter and Sitka deer for giving excellent explanations of this current situation.

I'm in the at risk category due to asthma, age and respiratory compromised due to granuloma scarring in my lungs. This Covid-19 could be my death knell if I get it. For those of you not in the at risk category, do you not give a damn about those who are?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I'm in the at risk category due to asthma, age and respiratory compromised due to granuloma scarring in my lungs. This Covid-19 could be my death knell if I get it. For those of you not in the at risk category, do you not give a damn about those who are?

[/quote]
Hell, no. Da bar be a closing an I wanna be a goin. It's all about freedom, dont ya know. wink

It's not enough to be able to drink at home and watch TV and the stars and clouds a month, or be thankful they dont have a couple of kids over seas getting their toes froze off and getting shrapnel in their guts fighting in the Nattle of the Bulge.

Now some really paid a hell of a price to benefit others.

Sheesh.
Suckers would have been up crap creek in prohibition.
The median age of those in bad shape in Italy is 65. Half over and half over. My doc buddy has a buddy he went to med school with who lives in Italy who just put a healthy 20 year old on a respirator.
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by 79S

. . . and if there was one lesson to be learned from Spanish Flu, it was that public gatherings were the major cause of the spread in the civillian population. There were big parades in the cities celebrating the end of WWI. No one thought to cancel those events. The bigger the events, the higher the mortality. If we're going to treat this thing seriously, then it makes sense to shut down the parades, the sporting events, the movie theatres and the restaurants.

I know this is unpopular, but there it is.

BTW: I'm in Ohio. I don't like all the restrictions, but I'm almost 62 and I don't want to catch the dang flu.
Originally Posted by BLG
It's simple - America has set up it's Health Care System to maximize profit - any bed not occupied, any equipment not being used is liquidated to maximize profit. We have 100,000 respirators in the US - 200 per State and about 10 in your local Hospitals and such. Once the folks who need respirators locally exceed 10 or so they will put #11 (and #12 and so forth) out in the hallway to die as their lungs shut down and there is no respirator to make them breath.We are shutting everything down to flatten the curve and not overwhelm the health care system which has been stream lined and stripped to provide maximum profit to the hospital stock holders and Board. Once they set your Mother or Grandma out in the hallway to suffocate you'll get a lawyer/ We (The US) has [bleep] up and now the only way to save folks is to prevent infection at all costs. The time to prevent a huge loss of Life is *before* we overwhelm our meager Health Care System...once we have a million infected we are [bleep].That means stay home/out of work and out of mass congregations. Schools breed viruses and we have known this for like 100 years. Send 'em to school and they will bring COVID-19 home to kill Grandma, Grandpa, The Mayor, etc.We can't deal with 1 million infected. So they are shutting it down.
No offense but according to your 100,000 number, you math is off by a factor of 10.Clyde
I was wondering how 100,000 divided by 50 = 200
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by BLG
It's simple - America has set up it's Health Care System to maximize profit - any bed not occupied, any equipment not being used is liquidated to maximize profit. We have 100,000 respirators in the US - 200 per State and about 10 in your local Hospitals and such. Once the folks who need respirators locally exceed 10 or so they will put #11 (and #12 and so forth) out in the hallway to die as their lungs shut down and there is no respirator to make them breath.We are shutting everything down to flatten the curve and not overwhelm the health care system which has been stream lined and stripped to provide maximum profit to the hospital stock holders and Board. Once they set your Mother or Grandma out in the hallway to suffocate you'll get a lawyer/ We (The US) has [bleep] up and now the only way to save folks is to prevent infection at all costs. The time to prevent a huge loss of Life is *before* we overwhelm our meager Health Care System...once we have a million infected we are [bleep].That means stay home/out of work and out of mass congregations. Schools breed viruses and we have known this for like 100 years. Send 'em to school and they will bring COVID-19 home to kill Grandma, Grandpa, The Mayor, etc.We can't deal with 1 million infected. So they are shutting it down.
No offense but according to your 100,000 number, you math is off by a factor of 10.Clyde
I was wondering how 100,000 divided by 50 = 200

Divide it by 57!
wink

It is all new math...
Use Skinner's constant: the number which, when added to, subtracted from, multiplied by or divided by, will give you the correct answer.
Posted By: 79S Re: are you effing kidding me... - 04/11/20
Originally Posted by 79S

Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

Have at it!

Man how did I lose track of this thread.. Ol Sitkadeer preaching to me.. I’m glad you found a dictionary and are using big words like “aphasia”.
Has the world ended yet? China cease to exist to being a country? How are others survivors doing out in the wastelands?
This thread is epic, so many chicken little's willing to trade your freedom for their perceived safety.

And Sitka Deer preaching like he did not steal Splattermatics stock.
Originally Posted by Blackheart

The average American isn't financially able/prepared to handle a 1000.00 emergency. Given that statistic, two or three weeks without pay is going to be a disaster for the Average American.

Unless it's a government furlough.

Fugk those mother fugkers.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yep.

As long as it takes.

Stop The Corona.
https://youtu.be/25BKpqw0HIM
Originally Posted by deflave

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yep.

As long as it takes.

Stop The Corona.

Oh praise thee mother [bleep] lord! You survived the virus...
Interestingly, Michigan and Ohio were neck and neck with the number of + COVID cases right up to 18MARCH. Now, 11APRIL, Michigan has 4 times as many + cases and over 5 times as many dead.
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

Indeed, great joke.
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
Interestingly, Michigan and Ohio were neck and neck with the number of + COVID cases right up to 18MARCH. Now, 11APRIL, Michigan has 4 times as many + cases and over 5 times as many dead.

When did Michigan close up shop ie restaurants and bars?
Originally Posted by 79S

March 23rd
Originally Posted by 280shooter
Originally Posted by 79S

March 23rd

You sure?

How's Seattle doing?

Rachel Maddow say they all dead a couple weeks ago.

How's Seattle doing?

Rachel Maddow say they all dead a couple weeks ago.

COL reports are everyone died in Seattle the Army tore the field hospital down in century link field and were sent elsewhere into the wastelands.
Damn.

When does the curve flatten?
Whenever you learn to STFU.
Originally Posted by gunswizard

Are you still claiming to be a gunsmith?

LOL

Oh chit Gator McKlusky is here..

LOL

I hope so. I sent him a 338 win mag That I want rebored to 6.5 creed. Fingers crossed
Originally Posted by jmdriver

LOL

I hope so. I sent him a 338 win mag That I want rebored to 6.5 creed. Fingers crossed

You guys deserve each other.
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 280shooter
Originally Posted by 79S

March 23rd

You sure?

Linky Linky
Mike dewine has turned Ohio into a police state.

It is still a free country, so one can choose to ignore those proclamations.
Ohio is one of several states in "lock down" Eventually it will pass.
This coming from one who claims to be a deacon.
This coming from one who claims to be a deacon.

I'm an Elder now.

And please capitalize the title of deacon when you use it.

Thanks.
You got that right.

Most ‘at home’ gov’t employees are getting full pay. Paid vacation.

Those few gov’t stiffs that may be laid off......does any government agency actually pay for unemployment insurance?

The private sector will be carrying this tab, likely much more in the future.

Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
You got that right.

Those few gov’t stiffs that may be laid off......does any government agency actually pay for unemployment insurance?

I know you're from Iowa, but what are you babbling about?
Posted By: jwall Re: are you effing kidding me... - 04/12/20
This coming from one who claims pretends to be a deacon.

Fixed it for ya.
Posted By: ingwe Re: are you effing kidding me... - 04/12/20

Just like always for them...except they are doing nothing at home instead of doing nothing at the office...if indeed you could ever catch one in his office...
Many people are already getting the news that they are unemployed for a while. And now they're voting to give emergency unemployment money to the people they put out of work, with our own money.

I know a girl that lost her job and her health insurance last month (March). Now she was sick last week and went to the hospital and they told her that it will cost her $800.00 for the coronavirus test. How many people that lost their jobs and now have no healthcare are going to pay for that out of their own pocket? You guys aren't seeing the real number of cases of coronavirus here in the states, because obviously not everyone is getting tested. Even people that have fevers and show symptoms that should be in quarantine are being turned away... those people are going out and infecting more people. Some things in these states are really fu cked up and the medical system has really been fu cking us over for years.
Originally Posted by ingwe

Just like always for them...except they are doing nothing at home instead of doing nothing at the office...if indeed you could ever catch one in his office...

Oh my...

No, those are the guys out on the lakes and rivers in their big jet boats and jet skis...or off riding their Harley or at the golf club... Its like a damn coronavacation for a lot of bastids around here...
Sunday is my designated day of babbling.
You have been gone a while.....

You got that right.

I know you're from Iowa, but what are you babbling about?
Sunday is my designated day of babbling.
You have been gone a while.....

Roger that.

My BIL is a respected person in his field. Last year he got an offer he couldn't refuse to move from private sector to state gov't. Huge pay bump. It drives him insane the incompetence. He's used to fast paced problem solving in private sector. He said to fix something he has to go through 3 people thats knowledge is 20 years behind and it takes 3 days instead of 5 minutes. he was telling me hes used to a messaging system between people where u shoot a message and someone answers back near immediately. Now he has to send an email and twiddle his thumbs from hours to days to get a reply. Almost always the reply has a solution suggestion that hasnt worked in a decade. He's seriously thinking about quitting and going back to private fro his mental health.
Posted By: ingwe Re: are you effing kidding me... - 04/12/20
Originally Posted by k20350

My BIL is a respected person in his field. Last year he got an offer he couldn't refuse to move from private sector to state gov't. Huge pay bump. It drives him insane the incompetence. He's used to fast paced problem solving in private sector. He said to fix something he has to go through 3 people thats knowledge is 20 years behind and it takes 3 days instead of 5 minutes. he was telling me hes used to a messaging system between people where u shoot a message and someone answers back near immediately. Now he has to send an email and twiddle his thumbs from hours to days to get a reply. Almost always the reply has a solution suggestion that hasnt worked in a decade. He's seriously thinking about quitting and going back to private fro his mental health.

Sounds like hes in one of the more faced paced sectors of Govt.

My dad got his degree in Accounting and went to work for the Govt. right after the war. He quit on day one because the incompetence was so overwhelming...even back then.
© 24hourcampfire