Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by 79S

Lol ok and you are one the guys running Around yelling sky is falling.. you are part of the problem.. But please tell us more, hell according to you are the smartest guy on the campfire. So tell us how is this one more deadlier? If it’s as bad as you think it is, why isn’t their a domestic travel ban? Again you in 09 you didn’t give two chits about h1n1 but today you are all freaked out yelling we are all going to die.

There is ONE major difference between C-19 today and H1N1 eleven years ago.

C-19 is a brand new pathogen in the human population. There is zero pre-existing immunity.

H1N1 was simply a recurrence of the Spanish Flue of 1918. It is the same virus. Across the world the infection rate was only 24% in '99. There existed herd immunity to H1N1, because the virus had been extant in the population for 90 years.

The spread of C-19 is much more appropriately compared to the Spanish Flu of 1918 than the '99 occurence. Morbidity rates, infection rates, and mortality rates are nearly identical to 1918.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
GB1

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by 16bore
Assault sneezes and coughs of mass destruction.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by 79S
So which is it? Restrict travel, to slow down/control this virus?? Or let folks do whatever they want even the ones who are sick? Me personally think it’s overhyped bullshit. Most of you ph ucks sure in the ph uck didn’t care about the swine flu 11yrs ago. But all of the sudden the sky is falling we all are going to die tomorrow.

First example of 100% math aphasia.

Death rate compared to 11 years ago is at least one, probably several orders of magnitude greater. Perfect numbers are impossible, especially for this one, but in time it will be shown to be far deadlier.

At this point I suspect this is going right over your head.

Lol ok and you are one the guys running Around yelling sky is falling.. you are part of the problem.. But please tell us more, hell according to you are the smartest guy on the campfire. So tell us how is this one more deadlier? If it’s as bad as you think it is, why isn’t their a domestic travel ban? Again you in 09 you didn’t give two chits about h1n1 but today you are all freaked out yelling we are all going to die.

None of your "arguments" make any sense, none! If you wish to engage in a real discussion you should work at building an argument that flows through your theory and presents valid reasons to accept your assessment of the situation. I have detailed the importance of the repressed curve and the lower infection titer. The best you can do is claim anyone else said anything about the falling sky. That is not a valid argument. The only thing more ridiculous is trying to tie your idea of what the death rate should look like to reality. But I am guessing that look would elude you.

You claim we are the problem yet say absolutely nothing to support your idiotic claim.

I have never made claim to be the smartest guy on the fire and as a matter of fact will gladly list some I know here that I am in awe of. You will never be able to cite me making an argument to authority. You cannot cite one now.

"More deadlier?" And you really want to argue with anyone and think you will impress anyone else?

Yes, the information so far supports the fact the virus is deadlier than any other in our lifetimes, period.

You are attempting to conflate any number of different issues with absolutely no facts, statements, arguments, connections, or convincing cogitations. Without a reasonable argument you think you can convince anyone of anything?

Domestic travel ban? Really? Do you know what airlines do in addition to hauling freight?

My feelings about anything from 11 years ago are moot.

Last edited by Sitka deer; 03/17/20.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Mike dewine has turned Ohio into a police state. Now restaurants are closed except for drive-thru and no bars are to be open. We also have been told that schools are closed for 3 weeks but maybe until fall. Who the [bleep] does this troll think he is. When will people finally realize we are NOT free!

I am so angry I can't stand still. Government can just do this and everyone makes excuses for why it's a good idea? Do they think government is going to give back this power? Do they think that if government decided to take over that it would be open and obvious??? This is how it happens. They start with a plausible premise and then slowly tighten the grip.

One epidemiologist has predicted that 1.6 million Americans will die from the Corona Virus. This is based on contagion rates from China, Korea, Italy and Spain along with mortality rates from these countries. Maybe closing restaurants, bars, sporting events, schools, etc. can mitigate these numbers.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There ya go again, raining facts down on a fools parade.....:-)

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Less than 3,500 reported deaths in China, where they pack in like sardines on public transportation, do not practice good hygiene, and are predisposed to respiratory problems.

Why would anyone think that it's going to be 300 times more deadly in the USA?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kelbro
Why would anyone think that it's going to be 300 times more deadly in the USA?

It's what China has done to achieve the numbers they report (if valid at all) would not be possible in most any free country.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Mike dewine has turned Ohio into a police state. Now restaurants are closed except for drive-thru and no bars are to be open. We also have been told that schools are closed for 3 weeks but maybe until fall. Who the [bleep] does this troll think he is. When will people finally realize we are NOT free!

I am so angry I can't stand still. Government can just do this and everyone makes excuses for why it's a good idea? Do they think government is going to give back this power? Do they think that if government decided to take over that it would be open and obvious??? This is how it happens. They start with a plausible premise and then slowly tighten the grip.

Take a deep breath and get a good night's sleep.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Everybody's hoarding what they consider to be essentials, but I'm waiting for things to get worse so's I can pickup a '66 GTO on the cheap. smile

Or maybe a retro-mod '63 split window, or...

Hey, everybody likes to say this too shall pass, and if it does I want to be prepared.

If it doesn't pass I'm hoping for the rapture. Be prepared for that too!!

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
This is gonna hurt a lot of folks who never get the virus.

We will start furloughing employees today. We will still pay their Healthcare, but payroll can't happen if the country isnt operating.

We opened an emergency line of credit with the bank yesterday.

We can't behave like this every time we have a seasonal virus.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by lapua6547
It's simple - America has set up it's Health Care System to maximize profit - any bed not occupied, any equipment not being used is liquidated to maximize profit. We have 100,000 respirators in the US - 200 per State and about 10 in your local Hospitals and such. Once the folks who need respirators locally exceed 10 or so they will put #11 (and #12 and so forth) out in the hallway to die as their lungs shut down and there is no respirator to make them breath.

We are shutting everything down to flatten the curve and not overwhelm the health care system which has been stream lined and stripped to provide maximum profit to the hospital stock holders and Board. Once they set your Mother or Grandma out in the hallway to suffocate you'll get a lawyer/ We (The US) has [bleep] up and now the only way to save folks is to prevent infection at all costs. The time to prevent a huge loss of Life is *before* we overwhelm our meager Health Care System...once we have a million infected we are [bleep].

That means stay home/out of work and out of mass congregations. Schools breed viruses and we have known this for like 100 years. Send 'em to school and they will bring COVID-19 home to kill Grandma, Grandpa, The Mayor, etc.

We can't deal with 1 million infected. So they are shutting it down.

Most hospitals arent designed to maximize profit but are fighting tooth and nail to survive and keep their doors open. Govt mandates on indigent care of citizens and non-paying non-citizens, lawsuits, ....

We lost thousands under Zero

Last edited by jaguartx; 03/17/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by 79S
So which is it? Restrict travel, to slow down/control this virus?? Or let folks do whatever they want even the ones who are sick? Me personally think it’s overhyped bullshit. Most of you ph ucks sure in the ph uck didn’t care about the swine flu 11yrs ago. But all of the sudden the sky is falling we all are going to die tomorrow.

You might mean, "..all of A sudden...."

I Dindo Nuffin
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by Tyrone
I wonder what the effect on health is going to be for all the people losing jobs/declaring bankruptcy.

What jobs are being lost?

I see jobs being put on hold possibly including mine. If you're running so tight that a two or three week interruption in your finances has you filing bankruptcy you might be doing it all wrong.
The average American isn't financially able/prepared to handle a 1000.00 emergency. Given that statistic, two or three weeks without pay is going to be a disaster for the Average American.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by FoxTrotter
Well he is not the only governor to close down the bars.
Gavin Newsom just today closed down all bars/clubs/wineries/ and brewpubs here in CA.

Also called for anyone over 65 to self isolate. That means me as I'm well over that age.

I think this is more serious that we imagine.
My son is a micro biologist in a major CA university hospital with virus patients.
He called me on Thurs and told me to quit traveling with my job and go home and stay there.
Fri my son in law who is a CA fire engineer and para medic in a major city called and told me the same thing.

They both are getting more info than is available to the general public.

You just dont get it, do you? If you are over 65 yer prolly not wat da crew calls healty so it dont matter ifin ya die, jes dont be a keepin us outta da dayom bars. wink

I Dindo Nuffin
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M

C-19 is a brand new pathogen in the human population. There is zero pre-existing immunity.

H1N1 was simply a recurrence of the Spanish Flue of 1918. It is the same virus. Across the world the infection rate was only 24% in '99. There existed herd immunity to H1N1, because the virus had been extant in the population for 90 years.

The spread of C-19 is much more appropriately compared to the Spanish Flu of 1918 than the '99 occurence. Morbidity rates, infection rates, and mortality rates are nearly identical to 1918.

THIS^^^^^

None of your "arguments" make any sense, none! If you wish to engage in a real discussion you should work at building an argument that flows through your theory and presents valid reasons to accept your assessment of the situation. I have detailed the importance of the repressed curve and the lower infection titer. The best you can do is claim anyone else said anything about the falling sky. That is not a valid argument. The only thing more ridiculous is trying to tie your idea of what the death rate should look like to reality. But I am guessing that look would elude you.

You claim we are the problem yet say absolutely nothing to support your idiotic claim.

I have never made claim to be the smartest guy on the fire and as a matter of fact will gladly list some I know here that I am in awe of. You will never be able to cite me making an argument to authority. You cannot cite one now.

"More deadlier?" And you really want to argue with anyone and think you will impress anyone else?

Yes, the information so far supports the fact the virus is deadlier than any other in our lifetimes, period.

You are attempting to conflate any number of different issues with absolutely no facts, statements, arguments, connections, or convincing cogitations. Without a reasonable argument you think you can convince anyone of anything?

Domestic travel ban? Really? Do you know what airlines do in addition to hauling freight?

My feelings about anything from 11 years ago are moot.

And THIS^^^^

Thank you Idaho Shooter and Sitka deer for giving excellent explanations of this current situation.

I'm in the at risk category due to asthma, age and respiratory compromised due to granuloma scarring in my lungs. This Covid-19 could be my death knell if I get it. For those of you not in the at risk category, do you not give a damn about those who are?

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by Tyrone
I wonder what the effect on health is going to be for all the people losing jobs/declaring bankruptcy.

What jobs are being lost?

I see jobs being put on hold possibly including mine. If you're running so tight that a two or three week interruption in your finances has you filing bankruptcy you might be doing it all wrong.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
I'm in the at risk category due to asthma, age and respiratory compromised due to granuloma scarring in my lungs. This Covid-19 could be my death knell if I get it. For those of you not in the at risk category, do you not give a damn about those who are?

[/quote]
Hell, no. Da bar be a closing an I wanna be a goin. It's all about freedom, dont ya know. wink

It's not enough to be able to drink at home and watch TV and the stars and clouds a month, or be thankful they dont have a couple of kids over seas getting their toes froze off and getting shrapnel in their guts fighting in the Nattle of the Bulge.

Now some really paid a hell of a price to benefit others.

Sheesh.
Suckers would have been up crap creek in prohibition.

Last edited by jaguartx; 03/17/20.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
The median age of those in bad shape in Italy is 65. Half over and half over. My doc buddy has a buddy he went to med school with who lives in Italy who just put a healthy 20 year old on a respirator.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by 79S

. . . and if there was one lesson to be learned from Spanish Flu, it was that public gatherings were the major cause of the spread in the civillian population. There were big parades in the cities celebrating the end of WWI. No one thought to cancel those events. The bigger the events, the higher the mortality. If we're going to treat this thing seriously, then it makes sense to shut down the parades, the sporting events, the movie theatres and the restaurants.

I know this is unpopular, but there it is.

BTW: I'm in Ohio. I don't like all the restrictions, but I'm almost 62 and I don't want to catch the dang flu.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

180 members (1OntarioJim, 320090T, 7887mm08, 257 roberts, 6mmCreedmoor, 3dtestify, 17 invisible), 1,129 guests, and 982 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,093
Posts18,522,144
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.