Home
Posted By: Dutch Idaho lock down - 03/25/20
Idaho has locked down:

https://www.ktvb.com/article/news/h...277-a0111340-ad99-4bf2-99b1-ea0d73ef777b
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: Idaho lock down - 03/25/20
Not seeing anything that would prevent my daily walks through the neighborhood or going to the grocery store.

Will have to check the Sportsman's Warehouse and gun club websites to see if normal life will really be curtailed.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Idaho lock down - 03/25/20
Hang in there Dutch,

hope it blows through quickly and easily..............but I hope for a lot of thing.

Stay safe.

Geno
Posted By: Dutch Re: Idaho lock down - 03/25/20
Well, people have to eat, and I’m in the food business, so we’ve got that going for us. I haven’t looked at the details yet, but I would be surprised if anyone here in Caribou County will know about it before the weekend and care enough about it to change much. The Church stopped all meetings a couple of weeks ago, so there’s no social life anymore, any way ....;)
Posted By: 280shooter Re: Idaho lock down - 03/25/20
Walking, hiking, biking are all OK. Just maintain 6 ft distance with non-household members. I feel for the restaurants in particular. This will devastate many small businesses. We are fortunate, as we are essential.
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: Idaho lock down - 03/25/20
Just heard today. One confirmed case on West end of valley.

Lives in Payette, works in Ontario as retail clerk. Very likely has been contagious ten to fifteen days.

We will be right in the middle of another Idaho hot spot. I made a circuit today from Parma to Ontario and hit the grocery stores. Momma and I may not poke our heads out of the house for a month or six weeks.

I could slide the king size bed away from the wall in the master bedroom and spend the next several weeks chasing Momma around it. Albeit a bit slower than I chased her 35 years ago.
Posted By: Morewood Re: Idaho lock down - 03/25/20
The caption to this pic said it was taken somewhere in Boise
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
Posted By: logcutter Re: Idaho lock down - 03/25/20
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: eric1186 Re: Idaho lock down - 03/25/20
Originally Posted by Morewood

That's a pretty cool picture. I haven't seen a mountain lion since 1993 in Idaho. I was with a buddy riding horses near Lost Trail Pass. That was the last time I saw a mountain lion or rode a horse...When horses get spooked, they will run a long ways especially with schitty rider on them...
Posted By: 700LH Re: Idaho lock down - 03/25/20
The government can kiss my ass.

I noticed the local Mcdonalds dining room was open an hour or so ago as I drove by.

I live in Idaho, not Calif or NYC I am a free American citizen, who does Little think he is anyway?

BiMarts open so is Walgreens and everywhere else AFAIK

Maybe he should sign some of the bills on his desk and stick with helping stop global warming like he said right after he was elected
Posted By: Blackheart Re: Idaho lock down - 03/25/20
If folks can't follow directions and stay away from each other this will last a long time and many will become infected. I have little faith as people in general are little crybaby pansies that think staying home for a few weeks is an insurmountable hardship. The wife and I have not left our property since March 13 th and we are fine. It ain't no big deal.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Idaho lock down - 03/25/20
Idaho's total cases is up to a whopping 92 as of this morning with no deaths so far. 50% of the cases are in Blaine County, pop. 22,000. That's where Sun Valley is. A lot of CA execs and movie stars live there and travel frequently between there and CA. That's probably where it came from.
I live in Twin Falls county, pop 85,000. So far we've had 1 case.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Idaho's total cases is up to a whopping 92 as of this morning with no deaths so far. 50% of the cases are in Blaine County, pop. 22,000. That's where Sun Valley is. A lot of CA execs and movie stars live there and travel frequently between there and CA. That's probably where it came from.
I live in Twin Falls county, pop 85,000. So far we've had 1 case.
Yeah well, I live in a County of 45,000 with 3 cases last I knew. We didn't have any till last week and I'm absolutely sure there are way more than three infected here that just haven't been tested. It is spreading out across the State from NYC like a plague. If folks can't stay the hell away from other people/public places everywhere will become like NY in time.
Posted By: 700LH Re: Idaho lock down - 03/25/20
Oh forgive me Masta Little for I reckon I have sinned,
I left the house, oh the horror, there was something I needed to do. I looked as I went by and now the Mcdonalds dining room is closed. I feel much safer
I am avoiding people if I can, but last I read there is NO NADA NONE cases in this entire county.
There are fish that need catching and whistle pigs that need shooting and unless they arrest me and lock me up I plan on doing just that,

Posted By: CraigD Re: Idaho lock down - 03/25/20
Way more questions than answers so far... Guess time will tell just what remains open and what is closed.

If the March winds would stop it would be a good time to do some shooting!
All the tough talk of preparedness for anything on this site is absolute bullshyt. I will never believe there are anything but a bunch of geriatric, big mouthed paper tigers on this site from here on out. When the going really gets tough, you guys will fold like tissue paper.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Idaho lock down - 03/25/20
Originally Posted by Blackheart
All the tough talk of preparedness for anything on this site is absolute bullshyt. I will never believe there are anything but a bunch of geriatric, big mouthed paper tigers on this site from here on out. When the going really gets tough, you guys will fold like tissue paper.

Dayyoom, Blackheart.

Lay off that C4 for a spell, Bro.

Most of us are making it okay,,,,so far, from what we’ve read here. Let’s give it a month. That may tell the tale about preparedness.

Feeling for the folks clustered in the big cities.
Posted By: Springcove Re: Idaho lock down - 03/25/20
Blackshart you have anger issues deal with them before you have a stroke.
Originally Posted by Springcove

Worry bout yourself pansy ass, I'll be fine. I do tire of the constant whining on here though. "oh no, my money, my money, the stock market is crashing my 401k is getting trashed, we can't go to the store, oh my what are we going to do the economy's going to crash." I've never seen a bigger bunch of cry babies anywhere in my life.
Posted By: kid0917 Re: Idaho lock down - 03/26/20
so, not really a total "lockdown" by any means
OK, helps me get ready for when MY commie governor goes that way
Posted By: Springcove Re: Idaho lock down - 03/26/20
Keyboard cowboy Getty Up... Letter Buck angry guy...
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Idaho lock down - 03/26/20

MS governor keeps saying no lockdown coming.

I figure eventually his hand will be forced. .

Keyboard cowboy Getty Up... Letter Buck angry guy...

Careful. He’s a baaaad dude! Just ask him...
Posted By: 700LH Re: Idaho lock down - 03/26/20
Kids are playing together outside, suppose that will be stopped?

worlds gone nuts
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Idaho lock down - 03/26/20
Has anyone, anywhere in this country, been told that they could not leave their house/dwelling? We are encouraged not to cluster, but no fear mongering. Our county has about 2 million people, most of whom are acting in a reasonable manner. Panic is for the weak. Most folks will endure and learn.

mike r
Careful you’re going to trigger Blackshart
Posted By: djs Re: Idaho lock down - 03/26/20

We get pix like these in Colorado every year. Last year a hike was attacked and killed the cougar with his hands (he was mauled though). this year a sheriff's deputy was attacked and shot it.
Posted By: 280shooter Re: Idaho lock down - 03/26/20

Stroke works.
Posted By: Blackheart Re: Idaho lock down - 03/26/20
Originally Posted by 280shooter

Stroke works.
The geriatric paper tiger squad can't handle the truth. Or much of anything else other than their daily dose of Geritol.
I’m only 50 Blackshart. Far from geriatric. You’re just angry “again” and you need some counseling.
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: Idaho lock down - 03/26/20

Probably not a good time to have that poodle out in the front yard...

DF
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Idaho lock down - 03/26/20

Worry bout yourself pansy ass, I'll be fine. I do tire of the constant whining on here though. "oh no, my money, my money, the stock market is crashing my 401k is getting trashed, we can't go to the store, oh my what are we going to do the economy's going to crash." I've never seen a bigger bunch of cry babies anywhere in my life.

A fellow can’t worry about what he ain’t got to begin with.
I’m only 50 Blackshart. Far from geriatric. You’re just angry “again” and you need some counseling.
It's hilarious giving all you pansies a hard time for being, well, pansies no matter your age.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Idaho lock down - 03/26/20

I'm angry too. I should get help.

Blackheart, can you help?

Over.
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

A fellow can’t worry about what he ain’t got to begin with.
Everything will work out in time. No point cryin about it.
Posted By: broomd Re: Idaho lock down - 03/26/20
Good lord.
Is it that hard to hole up until places (re. HOSPITALS and CLINICS) can get a handle on this thing? They can't successfully treat people if they all come in en mass, hence the 'flatten the curve' language.

People are so fooking selfish it's pathetic, and whining is the usual precursor.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Idaho lock down - 03/26/20
So each person from all 50 states make your own “my state has been locked down” thread

Note* act all surprised

laugh
Originally Posted by Fireball2

I'm angry too. I should get help.

Blackheart, can you help?

Over.
I haven't seen you cryin on here. You'll be alright.
Originally Posted by broomd
Good lord.
Is it that hard to hole up until places (re. HOSPITALS and CLINICS) can get a handle on this thing? They can't successfully treat people if they all come in en mass, hence the 'flatten the curve' language.

People are so fooking selfish it's pathetic, and whining is the usual precursor.
Amen !
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Idaho lock down - 03/26/20
Originally Posted by slumlord
So each person from all 50 states make your own “my state has been locked down” thread

Note* act all surprised

laugh

It's just surprising in Idaho. We have less than 100 cases and no deaths. We're hardly under a pandemic. Nearly 50% of the cases are in 2 small towns that are well separated from any other towns in the state.
Posted By: Taco2fiddy7 Re: Idaho lock down - 03/26/20
Nearly 50% of the cases are in 2 small towns that are well separated from any other towns in the state.

They all been riding the town bicycle?
They're Hailey & Ketchum, land of the liberals. Nothing that happens there surprises me. By coincidence, it's also where Bo Bergdahl is from.
Posted By: Taco2fiddy7 Re: Idaho lock down - 03/26/20
So most likely CA folks with second homes near the ski resorts who came to get away from it, but actually brought it with them.
Same thing is happening here in Utah. Summit County wherePark City is located just completely shut down finally. They have nearly 100 confirmed cases yet are 1/15th the size of salt lake county which has double confirmed cases. The selfish [bleep] refuse to stay home.

Black heart all joking aside you do seem like an angry guy. Life’s to short to be so angry all the time.
Posted By: Backroads Re: Idaho lock down - 03/26/20
Good lord.

Pretty selfish to expect the entire country to shut down over a virus that is only deadly to elderly/unhealthy folks. Unprecedented actually.
Originally Posted by Taco2fiddy7
So most likely CA folks with second homes near the ski resorts who came to get away from it, but actually brought it with them.
I'm pretty sure that's where it came from. Tom Hanks has a mansion in Ketchum but he's been in Australia since this started so he's not the culprit...unless he made a trip home to check the mail and change the cat's litter box before they got sick.
Posted By: broomd Re: Idaho lock down - 03/26/20
Originally Posted by Backroads
Good lord.

Pretty selfish to expect the entire country to shut down over a virus that is only deadly to elderly/unhealthy folks. Unprecedented actually.

Hey, I get it.
It is what it is.

I'm hoping my 83 y/o mom who is in insane shape for her age is holed up and doing well. She'll likley live until 90+ unless she gets this [bleep].
My late wife lived long enough with her cancer to give birth to our daughter, this [bleep] would have killed her and our daughter too before she would have gotten the chance to give birth.

The point is that there are things at work here greater than ourselves. Let's just hunker down and relax. Maybe we'll help someone we don't even know out there.
A friend's son works for a major utility.
His forman 40's just died from this virus.

It's bad stuff but I am not completely sure yet that the cure won't be worse
Posted By: Burleyboy Re: Idaho lock down - 03/26/20
I have a lifetime hunting license but I'm supposed to go to the fish cop office every 3 years and get questioned before they reissue it. I just realized this us the year I was supposed to go get it. With spring coming it would be nice to be able to go shoot some rock chucks and squeaks.

I can't see how going out shooting with someone from your own household could be a problem if you stay away from others. Going camping or shooting or fishing should be allowed. I hope they clarify. People need sunlight and fresh air to stay healthy.

Bb
Good lord.

Hey, I get it.
It is what it is.

I'm hoping my 83 y/o mom who is in insane shape for her age is holed up and doing well. She'll likley live until 90+ unless she gets this [bleep].
My late wife lived long enough with her cancer to give birth to our daughter, this [bleep] would have killed her and our daughter too before she would have gotten the chance to give birth.

The point is that there are things at work here greater than ourselves. Let's just hunker down and relax. Maybe we'll help someone we don't even know out there.

I hope both our moms make it through this happy and sassy. My late wife was the toughest person I have ever met.
Hunker down is/was not in either of their vocabulary, nor mine. Life is for the living.
YMMV
Good lord.

Hey, I get it.
It is what it is.

I hope both our moms make it through this happy and sassy. My late wife was the toughest person I have ever met.
Hunker down is/was not in either of their vocabulary, nor mine. Life is for the living.
YMMV

Much. much truth in what you say, Backroads but neither should a person rashly court potential disaster to self or loved ones nor to the public at large.

Jmo
Posted By: Burleyboy Re: Idaho lock down - 03/26/20
Originally Posted by slumlord

Note* act all surprised

laugh

It's just surprising in Idaho. We have less than 100 cases and no deaths. We're hardly under a pandemic. Nearly 50% of the cases are in 2 small towns that are well separated from any other towns in the state.

It is surprising in Idaho but the cases went from 50 to over 100 in 3 days. They just ramped up testing so they expect a huge jump next week. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I'm staying home anyways but I understand those who are low risk being a bit pissed. It's one thing to say to idahoans to avoid other people but another thing to tell them they can't even go drive around.

Bb
Posted By: Dutch Re: Idaho lock down - 03/26/20
I called my 91 year old mother this morning, and she told me a healthy 18 year old had just died from COVID in a town 10 miles away.

This is some random s#it.
Good lord.

Hey, I get it.
It is what it is.

YMMV

Much. much truth in what you say, Backroads but neither should a person rashly court potential disaster to self or loved ones nor to the public at large.

Jmo

We apparently disagree on what constitutes rash behavior.

Personally, it seems rash to destroy the economy on the fear that this virus might be deadly to more than %5 of our current population. Emphasis on might.

Time will tell, til then I will continue to live my life as I see fit. As will you.
The Governor isn't a King, we are not his subjects.
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: Idaho lock down - 03/26/20
Just got an email that the governor "designates firearm-related businesses, including gun stores, as “essential,” exempting them from being shut down during this state of emergency."

Which, since this is Idaho, is like saying water is wet and the sky is blue, but it's still reassuring. Might go buy a new gun just to do my bit for the apocalypse...
Good lord.

Hey, I get it.
It is what it is.

YMMV

Jmo

We apparently disagree on what constitutes rash behavior.

Personally, it seems rash to destroy the economy on the fear that this virus might be deadly to more than %5 of our current population. Emphasis on might.

Time will tell, til then I will continue to live my life as I see fit. As will you.

Actually, you and I are not that far apart in our thinking.
Posted By: Burleyboy Re: Idaho lock down - 03/27/20
Idaho had its first 3 deaths today. All men 60+ if I heard correctly.

Bb
Posted By: 700LH Re: Idaho lock down - 03/27/20
The first patient was a man over the age of 60 in Blaine County. The second patient, another man from Blaine County, was over the age of 80. It's unclear whether the two Blaine County patients had underlying health issues.

A man over the age of 70 from Canyon County with underlying health issues also recently passed away from the virus.

188 known cases.
Posted By: JGray Re: Idaho lock down - 03/27/20
Looks like Montana is next on the lockdown - Governor issued the order earlier and goes into effect midnight Friday.
Posted By: djs Re: Idaho lock down - 03/27/20
Originally Posted by 700LH

I noticed the local Mcdonalds dining room was open an hour or so ago as I drove by.

I live in Idaho, not Calif or NYC I am a free American citizen, who does Little think he is anyway?

Maybe he should sign some of the bills on his desk and stick with helping stop global warming like he said right after he was elected

The US now leads the world in the umber of corona Virus cases! We surpass China in the number of cases. And, we'll probably lead in the number of deaths as well.
see: https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

OK, think now, are you a spreader of the Corona Virus?

Since the incubation period is up to 14 days:
- just how many places have you been?
- how many surfaces have you touched?
- how many people have you infected?
- how many of these people will die?
- how many will you know? Friends, neighbors and family members all count.

I don't like being my brother's keeper, but I am responsible for not causing harm,
Originally Posted by Dutch
I called my 91 year old mother this morning, and she told me a healthy 18 year old had just died from COVID in a town 10 miles away.

No, not "some random [bleep]" - just a pandemic that strikes world-wide and kills indiscriminately. Older folks are more vulnerable, but even the young and healthy will die.
Posted By: 700LH Re: Idaho lock down - 03/27/20
Originally Posted by djs

The US now leads the world in the umber of corona Virus cases! We surpass China in the number of cases. And, we'll probably lead in the number of deaths as well.
see: https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

OK, think now, are you a spreader of the Corona Virus?

Since the incubation period is up to 14 days:
- just how many places have you been?
- how many surfaces have you touched?
- how many people have you infected?
- how many of these people will die?
- how many will you know? Friends, neighbors and family members all count.

I don't like being my brother's keeper, but I am responsible for not causing harm,

Well, let's think for a minute,,since Gov. Littles announcement

I had a car the needed to be picked up at a local repair shop and bought a jar of mayo, that's the extent of my public interaction,
I took a 86 year old relative a bowl of chili. She wasn't pleased when I told her maybe I should not come over if possible until this was over
That's my interaction with other people outside this household.
Apparently you didn't read farther where I said I was avoiding contact with other people,
So,,,,,
You can also kiss my ass,
and shove your self-righteous condemnation where the sun don't shine

Posted By: viking Re: Idaho lock down - 03/27/20
I would be shocked if ND goes into lockdown. The oil industry is slowing down real fast. However it’s still going.
Posted By: Dutch Re: Idaho lock down - 03/27/20
Originally Posted by djs
Originally Posted by Dutch

No, not "some random [bleep]" - just a pandemic that strikes world-wide and kills indiscriminately. Older folks are more vulnerable, but even the young and healthy will die.

So you’re argument is that it’s not random, it’s indiscriminate? You really love to hear yourself argue, don’t you?
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Idaho lock down - 03/27/20
The first patient was a man over the age of 60 in Blaine County. The second patient, another man from Blaine County, was over the age of 80. It's unclear whether the two Blaine County patients had underlying health issues.

A man over the age of 70 from Canyon County with underlying health issues also recently passed away from the virus.

188 known cases.
And still, 50% of the cases and 2 of the 3 deaths are in Blaine County, pop. 22,000. They have all those skiers and partying tourists from out of state bringing the bug to them. I heard that someone went to the Ketchum hospital ER with the bug and now the entire ER staff is out with it. They're running with substitutes.
Ketchum is pretty remote but people come south to Twin Falls all the time. Twin Falls county has only 1 case so far. I can't explain why there aren't more.
Posted By: Taco2fiddy7 Re: Idaho lock down - 03/27/20
Cause not everyone goes to the doctor when sick, and not everyone who does go to the doctor gets tested. It's there too.
Posted By: logcutter Re: Idaho lock down - 03/27/20
I can't believe the naysayers as the US passed both China and Italy in total infected cases..It's real,even here in idaho.
Every state or country has it's hotbeds. It spreads fast under the right conditions. Most of the Italian cases are in Lombardy. What the press never says is that Lombardy has a huge Chinese population, many of them working in sweatshops and living in barracks or slum-like conditions. It would be interesting to know what % of the cases are Chinese.
Every state or country has it's hotbeds. It spreads fast under the right conditions. Most of the Italian cases are in Lombardy. What the press never says is that Lombardy has a huge Chinese population, many of them working in sweatshops and living in barracks or slum-like conditions. It would be interesting to know what % of the cases are Chinese.
The trail of infected-to-confirmed is up to 14 days. Test kits are scarce so we don't know the actual number of cases, only those that are confirmed. There are (obviously) folks walking around in all states with the virus unknowingly spreading it. They pump gas using pump handles infected by prior users, they touch their credit card to infected card readers, they touch infected counter surfaces, etc. Yes, there are hotbeds and, they are spreading.

The gap is widening and the US is leading! Johns Hopkins University reports that we now have more than 11,000 more cases than China, a country with 4.2 times more people!

Idaho Statesman Headline: "This was one of the key indicators that led to Idaho’s statewide stay-home order "

see: https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/coronavirus/article241551331.html
© 24hourcampfire