Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
They're Hailey & Ketchum, land of the liberals. Nothing that happens there surprises me. By coincidence, it's also where Bo Bergdahl is from.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
So most likely CA folks with second homes near the ski resorts who came to get away from it, but actually brought it with them.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Same thing is happening here in Utah. Summit County wherePark City is located just completely shut down finally. They have nearly 100 confirmed cases yet are 1/15th the size of salt lake county which has double confirmed cases. The selfish [bleep] refuse to stay home.

Black heart all joking aside you do seem like an angry guy. Life’s to short to be so angry all the time.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by broomd
Good lord.
Is it that hard to hole up until places (re. HOSPITALS and CLINICS) can get a handle on this thing? They can't successfully treat people if they all come in en mass, hence the 'flatten the curve' language.

People are so fooking selfish it's pathetic, and whining is the usual precursor.

Pretty selfish to expect the entire country to shut down over a virus that is only deadly to elderly/unhealthy folks. Unprecedented actually.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Taco2fiddy7
So most likely CA folks with second homes near the ski resorts who came to get away from it, but actually brought it with them.
I'm pretty sure that's where it came from. Tom Hanks has a mansion in Ketchum but he's been in Australia since this started so he's not the culprit...unless he made a trip home to check the mail and change the cat's litter box before they got sick.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Backroads
Good lord.
Is it that hard to hole up until places (re. HOSPITALS and CLINICS) can get a handle on this thing? They can't successfully treat people if they all come in en mass, hence the 'flatten the curve' language.

People are so fooking selfish it's pathetic, and whining is the usual precursor.

Pretty selfish to expect the entire country to shut down over a virus that is only deadly to elderly/unhealthy folks. Unprecedented actually.

Hey, I get it.
It is what it is.

I'm hoping my 83 y/o mom who is in insane shape for her age is holed up and doing well. She'll likley live until 90+ unless she gets this [bleep].
My late wife lived long enough with her cancer to give birth to our daughter, this [bleep] would have killed her and our daughter too before she would have gotten the chance to give birth.

The point is that there are things at work here greater than ourselves. Let's just hunker down and relax. Maybe we'll help someone we don't even know out there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A friend's son works for a major utility.
His forman 40's just died from this virus.

It's bad stuff but I am not completely sure yet that the cure won't be worse

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I have a lifetime hunting license but I'm supposed to go to the fish cop office every 3 years and get questioned before they reissue it. I just realized this us the year I was supposed to go get it. With spring coming it would be nice to be able to go shoot some rock chucks and squeaks.

I can't see how going out shooting with someone from your own household could be a problem if you stay away from others. Going camping or shooting or fishing should be allowed. I hope they clarify. People need sunlight and fresh air to stay healthy.

Bb

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good lord.

Hey, I get it.
It is what it is.

I'm hoping my 83 y/o mom who is in insane shape for her age is holed up and doing well. She'll likley live until 90+ unless she gets this [bleep].
My late wife lived long enough with her cancer to give birth to our daughter, this [bleep] would have killed her and our daughter too before she would have gotten the chance to give birth.

The point is that there are things at work here greater than ourselves. Let's just hunker down and relax. Maybe we'll help someone we don't even know out there.

I hope both our moms make it through this happy and sassy. My late wife was the toughest person I have ever met.
Hunker down is/was not in either of their vocabulary, nor mine. Life is for the living.
YMMV

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Good lord.

Hey, I get it.
It is what it is.

I hope both our moms make it through this happy and sassy. My late wife was the toughest person I have ever met.
Hunker down is/was not in either of their vocabulary, nor mine. Life is for the living.
YMMV

Much. much truth in what you say, Backroads but neither should a person rashly court potential disaster to self or loved ones nor to the public at large.

Jmo

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by slumlord
So each person from all 50 states make your own “my state has been locked down” thread

Note* act all surprised

laugh

It's just surprising in Idaho. We have less than 100 cases and no deaths. We're hardly under a pandemic. Nearly 50% of the cases are in 2 small towns that are well separated from any other towns in the state.

It is surprising in Idaho but the cases went from 50 to over 100 in 3 days. They just ramped up testing so they expect a huge jump next week. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I'm staying home anyways but I understand those who are low risk being a bit pissed. It's one thing to say to idahoans to avoid other people but another thing to tell them they can't even go drive around.

Bb

Dutch Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I called my 91 year old mother this morning, and she told me a healthy 18 year old had just died from COVID in a town 10 miles away.

This is some random s#it.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Good lord.

Hey, I get it.
It is what it is.

YMMV

Much. much truth in what you say, Backroads but neither should a person rashly court potential disaster to self or loved ones nor to the public at large.

Jmo

We apparently disagree on what constitutes rash behavior.

Personally, it seems rash to destroy the economy on the fear that this virus might be deadly to more than %5 of our current population. Emphasis on might.

Time will tell, til then I will continue to live my life as I see fit. As will you.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Governor isn't a King, we are not his subjects.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just got an email that the governor "designates firearm-related businesses, including gun stores, as “essential,” exempting them from being shut down during this state of emergency."

Which, since this is Idaho, is like saying water is wet and the sky is blue, but it's still reassuring. Might go buy a new gun just to do my bit for the apocalypse...

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Good lord.

Hey, I get it.
It is what it is.

YMMV

Jmo

We apparently disagree on what constitutes rash behavior.

Personally, it seems rash to destroy the economy on the fear that this virus might be deadly to more than %5 of our current population. Emphasis on might.

Time will tell, til then I will continue to live my life as I see fit. As will you.

Actually, you and I are not that far apart in our thinking.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Idaho had its first 3 deaths today. All men 60+ if I heard correctly.

Bb

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The first patient was a man over the age of 60 in Blaine County. The second patient, another man from Blaine County, was over the age of 80. It's unclear whether the two Blaine County patients had underlying health issues.

A man over the age of 70 from Canyon County with underlying health issues also recently passed away from the virus.

188 known cases.

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Looks like Montana is next on the lockdown - Governor issued the order earlier and goes into effect midnight Friday.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by 700LH
The government can kiss my ass.

I noticed the local Mcdonalds dining room was open an hour or so ago as I drove by.

I live in Idaho, not Calif or NYC I am a free American citizen, who does Little think he is anyway?

BiMarts open so is Walgreens and everywhere else AFAIK

Maybe he should sign some of the bills on his desk and stick with helping stop global warming like he said right after he was elected

The US now leads the world in the umber of corona Virus cases! We surpass China in the number of cases. And, we'll probably lead in the number of deaths as well.
see: https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

OK, think now, are you a spreader of the Corona Virus?

Since the incubation period is up to 14 days:
- just how many places have you been?
- how many surfaces have you touched?
- how many people have you infected?
- how many of these people will die?
- how many will you know? Friends, neighbors and family members all count.

I don't like being my brother's keeper, but I am responsible for not causing harm,

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

706 members (007FJ, 160user, 10gaugemag, 16gage, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 65 invisible), 2,910 guests, and 1,342 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,846
Posts18,478,321
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.