Home
Posted By: Switch Govenrment Relief Package - 03/30/20
I just got done talking to someone I know, a huge Democrat, that owns his own small business empolying his two sons. State unempolyment is about $460.00 per week in the industry they work. The feds are adding $600.00 per week for a total of $1060.00 per week. Their plan is to lay both sons off and pay them something less than normal under the table. WOW I'M PISSED! Illegal and morally wrong. I think there is going to be a great deal of fraud taking place under this plan. With paying this amount of money to people that are out of work it will be tough to get them to return to work until the 39 weeks of checks run out. Looking for that dime to drop!
Posted By: Teal Re: Govenrment Relief Package - 03/30/20
Originally Posted by Switch
I just got done talking to someone I know, a huge Democrat, that owns his own small business empolying his two sons. State unempolyment is about $460.00 per week in the industry they work. The feds are adding $600.00 per week for a total of $1060.00 per week. Their plan is to lay both sons off and pay them something less than normal under the table. WOW I'M PISSED! Illegal and morally wrong. I think there is going to be a great deal of fraud taking place under this plan. With paying this amount of money to people that are out of work it will be tough to get them to return to work until the 39 weeks of checks run out. Looking for that dime to drop!

Shouldn't surprise you at all when you said they're a huge Democrat.

That alone is morally wrong.
Getting a government check and working under the table simultaneously is nothing new. Hey, if they can look at their self in the mirror and go to sleep at night then more power to ‘em.
Posted By: agazain Re: Govenrment Relief Package - 03/30/20
The smart folks caused the 2008 housing crisis, figuring how to get people paid when they had no business "buying" property. This go-round, they are okay with eating the sheep en masse.
We've been duped by Big Pharma/Food/Insurance/Government and are now enslaved. Oh, and https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...cs/14708967/the-black-horse#Post14708967
Doesn't matter how its spent; just that it gets back into the economy. Its a pig feed free for all

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keynesian_economics

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by watch4bear

Average age of a Corvette ZR1 owner is 61 too - hope to snag one on the cheap... lol.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Govenrment Relief Package - 03/30/20
Originally Posted by teal

And you don't think a Republican would never do such a thing?..............LOL........when it comes to money, Democrats and Republicans both will do anything for a dollar.

I agree that it's not right, but when it comes to figuring out a way to take advantage of something that pays, people all across the political spectrum will do it.
Originally Posted by JamesJr

And you don't think a Republican would never do such a thing?..............LOL........when it comes to money, Democrats and Republicans both will do anything for a dollar.

I agree that it's not right, but when it comes to figuring out a way to take advantage of something that pays, people all across the political spectrum will do it.

I didn't say that. My moral aversion to Dems has less to do with money and use than other things.
Posted By: Hastings Re: Govenrment Relief Package - 03/30/20
My neighbor friend was railing on Democrats the other day about their stealing from the government trough. I told him there were plenty of sorry ass Republicans stealing right along with them.
Posted By: dale06 Re: Govenrment Relief Package - 03/30/20
[quote=watch4bear]

Average age of a Corvette ZR1 owner is 61 too - hope to snag one on the cheap... lol.
[/quote

I’m eight years older than the average, and you’re not getting mine.
Posted By: Hastings Re: Govenrment Relief Package - 03/30/20
By the way, a welfare recipient lady in our community has been on facebook complaining mightily that she and her husband are subsisting on SS disability $1600 a month and their son gets SSI disability half of which is stolen by the state for his 5 children. He only gets $440. She says none of them will get any of this bailout largess that is being authorized by the U.S. government. Is this the way it works? Only taxpayers?
Posted By: joken2 Re: Govenrment Relief Package - 03/30/20

Originally Posted by Hastings
By the way, a welfare recipient lady in our community has been on facebook complaining mightily that she and her husband are subsisting on SS disability $1600 a month and their son gets SSI disability half of which is stolen by the state for his 5 children. He only gets $440. She says none of them will get any of this bailout largess that is being authorized by the U.S. government. Is this the way it works? Only taxpayers?

Sound like typical chronic whiners. Rather whine and complain than do a little quick and simple research. Probably won't matter anyway as they'll start whining about it not being enough or something else.

Will you get a stimulus check if y...sability, or didn’t file a tax return?

Stimulus Checks: Who Is Eligible and How Much Will They Be?
Posted By: joken2 Re: Govenrment Relief Package - 03/30/20

Nothing new about the working 'under the table' while drawing government benefits. Back in the mid '70s had a neighbor laid off from one of the big three US auto plants, UAW member. Said he dreaded getting called back to work as he'd be losing money. He drew Ohio unemployment, plus added union 'sub-pay' which took his unemployment up to 80% of his normal 40 hour take home pay and worked for his dad building garages for cash 'under the table'. He was bring in right at twice as much laid off as what he did working 40 hours at a major UAW automobile plant.

My neighbor friend was railing on Democrats the other day about their stealing from the government trough. I told him there were plenty of sorry ass Republicans stealing right along with them.

As a democrat, did that make you feel good?
Posted By: 1minute Re: Govenrment Relief Package - 03/30/20
Once had a coworker running the state accident insurance to the hilt while working under the counter. When caught, he instantly lost his free housing and was dismissed. Talk about a pissed off wife!
Our government rapes the middle class. If they can get a little back, more power to ‘em.
JamesJr: As with virtually all overly broad statements YOURS (and you!) are wrong!
I am a proud Republican and I won't do anything "illegal" or "immoral" for money!
PERIOD!
My suggestion, retract your overly broad and absolutely incorrect contention.
And then, think a bit, before casting unwarranted and stupid aspersions upon others.
Sheesh.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: hanco Re: Govenrment Relief Package - 03/31/20
I’ve never gotten any kind of under the table money or a dime of welfare or unemployment. That is stealing if you are getting unemployment, then working for cash.
Posted By: MM879 Re: Govenrment Relief Package - 03/31/20

There are quite a few holes in your story. SSI disability is max SSI amount once qualified. All of the children will get a check if the parent filed last year.
Posted By: Switch Re: Govenrment Relief Package - 03/31/20
Lots of greedy people out there, guess I'm surprised! Our Great great grand childern will be paying for this for the rest of their lives! let just borrow the money from China! Sleep well and don't look in the mirror!

....there is a great deal of fraud taking place...right now...more fraud should anger you...but not surprise you.
Originally Posted by hanco
I’ve never gotten any kind of under the table money or a dime of welfare or unemployment. That is stealing if you are getting unemployment, then working for cash.

Fuqking wetbacks down here do it all the time. Get their fat ass ole ladies to claim their single and get her and the little greasers on the welfare tit, then work Construction jobs that pay them under the table. While the ole lady is cleaning houses under the table.
That’s why they are driving around in big ole jacked up F-250’s with big ole tires that are newer than my pickup. 😡

No big surprise there. There DemoRats. That’s what they do. Rob, steal, cheat, lie, and live off the .Gov tit.
Lots of greedy people out there, guess I'm surprised! Our Great great grand childern will be paying for this for the rest of their lives! let just borrow the money from China! Sleep well and don't look in the mirror!

I used to say the same thing. Now, I've come to realized that our currency...and the currency of the world...is just paper. Our great grand children will not be paying for this debt. The Feds will just print more. After all, a Federal Reserve Note...is just paper. Unlike Gold or Silver, it has no real value. When Nixon got us of the Silver Certificate, our government knew that the Federal Reserve Note had a "fictional value." That value would dissipate in 40 years. Meaning, if you put a $1 in savings in 1972, it would not buy a $1 worth of goods and services in 2012.

The old way of thinking...Save for a Rainy Day...is no longer valid. What does one earn on one's saving.... a half of 1%? Money is a depreciating asset. You need hard assets like land, or properties - rental properties that pay for themselves if at all possible. A rental property that has been paid for by your tenants is more valuable to you than your home or retirement.

When you retire, what will you do to generate a large cash? Will you sell your home? Where will you live? But...you could sell your rental property...or let it pay you a monthly retirement check.

This is all a game of smoke and mirrors. We are in the game and our great great great grand children will be in it too.
Some people just think like that. Always looking for an angle. We have plenty of them right here on the campfire. Not a flattering trait at all.
Posted By: Heym06 Re: Govenrment Relief Package - 03/31/20

When you know and can prove the above is happening, you have choices! I'm giving you the benefit of doubt, that you make good choices! Just saying!
Posted By: Hastings Re: Govenrment Relief Package - 03/31/20
Originally Posted by MM879

There are quite a few holes in your story. SSI disability is max SSI amount once qualified. All of the children will get a check if the parent filed last year.

I'm just reporting what the idiot reported on facebook. I know her and she is ignorant as they come. I am wondering if only taxpayers get the money as she claims. I hope that's true because welfare and disability recipients income has not been affected whatsoever. This program is wasteful and open to enough abuse as it is without opening it to total freeloaders.
As a democrat, did that make you feel good?
No, I'm sorry that the nation's money is being stolen by whoever. Actually my neighbor friend that was fussing about Democrats is registered as one as am I. But we mostly don't love Democrats anymore. Every time I think about joining the Republican party they come up with someone like McCain, Romney, (both of whom I reluctantly voted for) or worse Senator David Vitter of my state.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Govenrment Relief Package - 03/31/20
Relief package? They are making prostitution legal? shocked
Actually my neighbor friend that was fussing about Democrats is registered as one as am I. But we mostly don't love Democrats anymore.

The only one your fooling is yourself.
Actually my neighbor friend that was fussing about Democrats is registered as one as am I. But we mostly don't love Democrats anymore.
The only one your fooling is yourself.
Huh?
© 24hourcampfire