Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Switch Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
I just got done talking to someone I know, a huge Democrat, that owns his own small business empolying his two sons. State unempolyment is about $460.00 per week in the industry they work. The feds are adding $600.00 per week for a total of $1060.00 per week. Their plan is to lay both sons off and pay them something less than normal under the table. WOW I'M PISSED! Illegal and morally wrong. I think there is going to be a great deal of fraud taking place under this plan. With paying this amount of money to people that are out of work it will be tough to get them to return to work until the 39 weeks of checks run out. Looking for that dime to drop!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Switch
I just got done talking to someone I know, a huge Democrat, that owns his own small business empolying his two sons. State unempolyment is about $460.00 per week in the industry they work. The feds are adding $600.00 per week for a total of $1060.00 per week. Their plan is to lay both sons off and pay them something less than normal under the table. WOW I'M PISSED! Illegal and morally wrong. I think there is going to be a great deal of fraud taking place under this plan. With paying this amount of money to people that are out of work it will be tough to get them to return to work until the 39 weeks of checks run out. Looking for that dime to drop!

Shouldn't surprise you at all when you said they're a huge Democrat.

That alone is morally wrong.

Me

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Getting a government check and working under the table simultaneously is nothing new. Hey, if they can look at their self in the mirror and go to sleep at night then more power to ‘em.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
The smart folks caused the 2008 housing crisis, figuring how to get people paid when they had no business "buying" property. This go-round, they are okay with eating the sheep en masse.
We've been duped by Big Pharma/Food/Insurance/Government and are now enslaved. Oh, and https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...cs/14708967/the-black-horse#Post14708967

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Doesn't matter how its spent; just that it gets back into the economy. Its a pig feed free for all

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keynesian_economics

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by watch4bear

Average age of a Corvette ZR1 owner is 61 too - hope to snag one on the cheap... lol.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by teal

And you don't think a Republican would never do such a thing?..............LOL........when it comes to money, Democrats and Republicans both will do anything for a dollar.

I agree that it's not right, but when it comes to figuring out a way to take advantage of something that pays, people all across the political spectrum will do it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JamesJr

And you don't think a Republican would never do such a thing?..............LOL........when it comes to money, Democrats and Republicans both will do anything for a dollar.

I agree that it's not right, but when it comes to figuring out a way to take advantage of something that pays, people all across the political spectrum will do it.

I didn't say that. My moral aversion to Dems has less to do with money and use than other things.

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
My neighbor friend was railing on Democrats the other day about their stealing from the government trough. I told him there were plenty of sorry ass Republicans stealing right along with them.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
[quote=watch4bear]

Average age of a Corvette ZR1 owner is 61 too - hope to snag one on the cheap... lol.
[/quote

I’m eight years older than the average, and you’re not getting mine.

NRA Patron
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
By the way, a welfare recipient lady in our community has been on facebook complaining mightily that she and her husband are subsisting on SS disability $1600 a month and their son gets SSI disability half of which is stolen by the state for his 5 children. He only gets $440. She says none of them will get any of this bailout largess that is being authorized by the U.S. government. Is this the way it works? Only taxpayers?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by Hastings
By the way, a welfare recipient lady in our community has been on facebook complaining mightily that she and her husband are subsisting on SS disability $1600 a month and their son gets SSI disability half of which is stolen by the state for his 5 children. He only gets $440. She says none of them will get any of this bailout largess that is being authorized by the U.S. government. Is this the way it works? Only taxpayers?

Sound like typical chronic whiners. Rather whine and complain than do a little quick and simple research. Probably won't matter anyway as they'll start whining about it not being enough or something else.

Will you get a stimulus check if y...sability, or didn’t file a tax return?

Stimulus Checks: Who Is Eligible and How Much Will They Be?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Nothing new about the working 'under the table' while drawing government benefits. Back in the mid '70s had a neighbor laid off from one of the big three US auto plants, UAW member. Said he dreaded getting called back to work as he'd be losing money. He drew Ohio unemployment, plus added union 'sub-pay' which took his unemployment up to 80% of his normal 40 hour take home pay and worked for his dad building garages for cash 'under the table'. He was bring in right at twice as much laid off as what he did working 40 hours at a major UAW automobile plant.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My neighbor friend was railing on Democrats the other day about their stealing from the government trough. I told him there were plenty of sorry ass Republicans stealing right along with them.

As a democrat, did that make you feel good?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Once had a coworker running the state accident insurance to the hilt while working under the counter. When caught, he instantly lost his free housing and was dismissed. Talk about a pissed off wife!

1Minute
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Our government rapes the middle class. If they can get a little back, more power to ‘em.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
JamesJr: As with virtually all overly broad statements YOURS (and you!) are wrong!
I am a proud Republican and I won't do anything "illegal" or "immoral" for money!
PERIOD!
My suggestion, retract your overly broad and absolutely incorrect contention.
And then, think a bit, before casting unwarranted and stupid aspersions upon others.
Sheesh.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I’ve never gotten any kind of under the table money or a dime of welfare or unemployment. That is stealing if you are getting unemployment, then working for cash.

Last edited by hanco; 03/30/20.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

There are quite a few holes in your story. SSI disability is max SSI amount once qualified. All of the children will get a check if the parent filed last year.

Last edited by MM879; 03/30/20.
S
Switch Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Lots of greedy people out there, guess I'm surprised! Our Great great grand childern will be paying for this for the rest of their lives! let just borrow the money from China! Sleep well and don't look in the mirror!

Last edited by Switch; 03/30/20.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 1Longbow, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 160user, 65 invisible), 2,768 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,200
Posts18,503,641
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.