Home
Posted By: 12344mag Fugging With The Boss. - 04/01/20
Couple of days ago the boss got obsessed with a small oil stain on the floor. He got obsessed with were it came from, as he was cleaning it up he comments that it appeared to come from up above.

Last night before I left I put a few more drops of oil in the exact same spot and he now has the ladder out checking to see if it's the light fixture that's leaking.

Its driving him nuts! grin
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Fugging With The Boss. - 04/01/20
Hahaha!!!!
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Fugging With The Boss. - 04/01/20
laugh
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Fugging With The Boss. - 04/01/20
Bastids!

Geno
Posted By: hanco Re: Fugging With The Boss. - 04/01/20
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Couple of days ago the boss got obsessed with a small oil stain on the floor. He got obsessed with were it came from, as he was cleaning it up he comments that it appeared to come from up above.

Last night before I left I put a few more drops of oil in the exact same spot and he now has the ladder out checking to see if it's the light fixture that's leaking.

You are my kind of guy!!!
Posted By: Brazos Re: Fugging With The Boss. - 04/01/20
Back in the day it used to be fun when a guy got a new car to add a little gas to his tank every day until he started raving about the GREAT gas mileage.

Then start siphoning a little every day......
Posted By: rong Re: Fugging With The Boss. - 04/01/20
Go afrer hours and clean the schit ot of it,he will think it's gone.
Then wait a week and do it again,lol grin
Many years ago when beepers first came out, I would put mine under my father in laws TV.

He thought his TV was going out. Wife or I would go in kitchen, dial number, come back, sit down, it be a couple of minutes before it went off. It ran him crazy.

Brought job radios home, his garage ceiling had no Sheetrock, cats kept climbing in his attic, he was afraid one would fall in chases in wall, not be able to get out. I’d put one radio in closet, go outside, make cat meows, he would jump up, run over there. I’d quit for awhile, wait until he sat down, do it again.
Wife would be fuggin with him about how bad it was gonna stink if one died.

That crap was ugly, but he got his licks in on me too!!
Posted By: las Re: Fugging With The Boss. - 04/01/20
I was in the Burough maintainence shop in Barrow one day (mid- 90's.). There is a balcony about 14 feet off the main floor. One guy was on the floor prepping a welder, with a couple others up on the balcony watching. Every so often one of the balcony guys would tip his coffee cup enough to make a splash on the floor below, causing the welder guy to jump back and check for short. Took 3 or 4 times before he caught on.

Eskimos are mean..... smile
Posted By: billhilly Re: Fugging With The Boss. - 04/01/20
They used to make a gizmo called an Annoyatron. It was about the size of a quarter and generated a random beep. The idea was to hide it in somebody’s office and watch as it slowly drove them insane.
Posted By: papat Re: Fugging With The Boss. - 04/01/20
Bravo. Great entertainment.
Posted By: gregintenn Re: Fugging With The Boss. - 04/01/20
That’s the sort of thing that makes going to work worthwhile.
Posted By: Teal Re: Fugging With The Boss. - 04/01/20
Clean and then change the color - red ATF or something.
Posted By: Muffin Re: Fugging With The Boss. - 04/01/20
While plugged into the Radar position, controlling Big Jets and such...............

Everytime a manager would walk by I would just say out loud......... 'LOOK Captain, why don't you just fly your airplane and let me run the FAA' .......... of course I had not keyed the mike, but the boss didn't know that...........

you could hear the bones in their neck crack as they snapped around.........

smile

There's nothing quite like 150 hardcore type A personalities all couped up in the same room ........ and bored most of the time..........
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Fugging With The Boss. - 04/01/20
Guess a fella could dig up a dandelion and surreptitiously plant it in that neighbor's yard.

You know, the one that is out there with the weed and feed spreader every Saturday, and then out on hands and knees during the week looking for them dang weeds.

Maybe grow a good crop of dandelions, and move the planting spot every other week.

Geno
Originally Posted by muffin
While plugged into the Radar position, controlling Big Jets and such...............

Everytime a manager would walk by I would just say out loud......... 'LOOK Captain, why don't you just fly your airplane and let me run the FAA' .......... of course I had not keyed the mike, but the boss didn't know that...........

you could hear the bones in their neck crack as they snapped around.........

smile

That’s funny
Posted By: billhilly Re: Fugging With The Boss. - 04/01/20

Annoy A Tron
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Fugging With The Boss. - 04/01/20
Those old car bombs were fun, back then the hood opened from the outside.
Posted By: hardway Re: Fugging With The Boss. - 04/01/20
Had a Sons of Anarchy type jack off at work that rode his Harley every day.....I used to put a few drops of oil under it every other day......drove him crazy.
Posted By: Bama_Rick Re: Fugging With The Boss. - 04/01/20
Had a job once where I had to hold the boring end of a tape measure. Burning an inch every now and then would sure liven things up!
I had a supervisor who was anal about having a chair that rolled smoothly across the floor. He had several computers lined up on adjacent tables and like to just scoot from one to the other. We decided to mess with him, so we took a file and filed little flat spots on the wheels of his chair. He about went bonkers trying to figure out WTF was going on. We kept filing a little more off the wheels. Finally, one of my cohorts took a grinding wheel to one of the wheels on his chair. To this day that living brain donor thinks his wheel on his chair sprung a leak and went flat.

And he was the boss!
Posted By: sse Re: Fugging With The Boss. - 04/01/20
that's bad
Posted By: deerstalker Re: Fugging With The Boss. - 04/01/20
Originally Posted by hardway
Had a Sons of Anarchy type jack off at work that rode his Harley every day.....I used to put a few drops of oil under it every other day......drove him crazy.

good grief how could he see your contribution when all a Harley does is leak!
would be fun though!
Posted By: hasbeen1945 Re: Fugging With The Boss. - 04/01/20
Hunted on a deer lease with a guy that was obsessed with poachers. Listened at night for gun shots, looked on the road for foot prints etc. I could not help myself. Went to shooting club I belong to. Picked up all kinds of brass. Some with calibers and head stamps I’ve never seen. The ranch was 10,000 acres. I salted the ranch. Put some on the roads, some inside stands, every where I thought he might find it. Hasbeen
Posted By: MILES58 Re: Fugging With The Boss. - 04/01/20
Back in my twenties I shared an office with two other guys. One was my age wit a bald spot. One day I noticed his chair was directly under the fire sprinkler. I rigged up a VERY well hidden piece of tubing up in the ceiling to put a drop or two of water onto the pipe which of courser ran down to the sprinkler head and eventually dripped down onto his bald spot. Once a week or so I would trigger a couple drops. It about made him crazy. He was up in the ceiling several times trying to figure it out.
Dude. That's not nice.

However, it's hilarious! We need a distraction. Keep us in the loop how this thing plays out. cool

I thought this thread was about messin' with the wife. Be damned careful. That can backfire tenfold. Jess sayin'.
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
Hunted on a deer lease with a guy that was obsessed with poachers. Listened at night for gun shots, looked on the road for foot prints etc. I could not help myself. Went to shooting club I belong to. Picked up all kinds of brass. Some with calibers and head stamps I’ve never seen. The ranch was 10,000 acres. I salted the ranch. Put some on the roads, some inside stands, every where I thought he might find it. Hasbeen

I do that now, is driving the guys crazy! I knew there was something I liked about you!!!
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Fugging With The Boss. - 04/01/20
Local farmer admitted that for years he would go out when it was raining in the middle of the night. He would drive around a couple of sections with his lights off, stop at the end of lanes, walk up the lane, and either add or take away significant amounts of water in everyone's rain gauge. The next morning, he would be sure to be the first one in town for coffee so that he could hear everyone marvel at the differences in the amount of rain received within the small area. Sometimes it was even better when heated arguments would break out over whose gauge was the most accurate.
Posted By: RAS Re: Fugging With The Boss. - 04/01/20
In the Marine Corps, we sometimes wear web belts that you cut to your size. Well, there was a Lieutenant that used to leave his trousers and belt hanging over his office door. Every week we would trim only about 1/4 inch off his belt. After about a month, we mentioned that his mid section was looking a little plump. He never caught on. Started running a lot more.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Fugging With The Boss. - 04/01/20
Originally Posted by RAS
In the Marine Corps, we sometimes wear web belts that you cut to your size. Well, there was a Lieutenant that used to leave his trousers and belt hanging over his office door. Every week we would trim only about 1/4 inch off his belt. After about a month, we mentioned that his mid section was looking a little plump. He never caught on. Started running a lot more.

Chuck Winchester?
Posted By: Texczech Re: Fugging With The Boss. - 04/01/20
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by RAS

Chuck Winchester?

I remember that episode. It was hilarious.
Posted By: WYcoyote Re: Fugging With The Boss. - 04/01/20
Originally Posted by billhilly

A co-worker had one of these a couple years ago.
It was a hoot. Even hid it in the bosses office. He was so deaf he couldn't hear it. But the secretary did from her desk!
Posted By: 1minute Re: Fugging With The Boss. - 04/01/20
Load up the blue screen of death as a screen saver and see how many reboots one can elicit.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Fugging With The Boss. - 04/01/20

Oh heck that is funny, Paul. Best laugh all week. grin
Originally Posted by MILES58
Back in my twenties I shared an office with two other guys. One was my age wit a bald spot. One day I noticed his chair was directly under the fire sprinkler. I rigged up a VERY well hidden piece of tubing up in the ceiling to put a drop or two of water onto the pipe which of courser ran down to the sprinkler head and eventually dripped down onto his bald spot. Once a week or so I would trigger a couple drops. It about made him crazy. He was up in the ceiling several times trying to figure it out.

Hahaha. Tff, Miles. grin
Originally Posted by hanco

I do that now, is driving the guys crazy! I knew there was something I liked about you!!!

Oh man, you two are azzwhole. I like that idea.
Posted By: Kenlguy Re: Fugging With The Boss. - 04/01/20
Originally Posted by billhilly

Now they call them smoke detectors with a low battery.

DAMMIT man... lmfao
Posted By: lightman Re: Fugging With The Boss. - 04/02/20
Used to hunt with a guy that was paranoid about anyone getting in his stand. I would go out at night and drop a couple of 50 BMG cases on the ground around it and maybe toss one up into it. He would come back to camp just a fuming. Then I layed off for a while and then switched to 8ga shotgun shells. When he finally put a hasp and padlock on the door I sprayed brake cleaner into the key hole to degrease it and applied a little super glue. After game cameras came on the scene he would mount one on a short post. I would sneak up behind it, drop my pants and hop over it, mooning it. It got to be so common every member was messing with him. We even moved his stand around some. He deserved it!

Used to work with a guy that bought a new Dodge truck. Several of us would do the gas trick, either adding gas or siphoning some off.

A favorite trick was to pick an engineers car up and put just enough blocks under the rear axel for the tires to not get traction. Some of them were strained, trying to figure out what was wrong. Our engineers were not at the top of their graduating class!

I had a boss once, a really good guy, than came in to work one morning and headed for the restroom. On the way by my desk he dropped off a new 9mm pistol to show me. I promptly field stripped it. You know, line up the notch, turn the take down lever and remove the slide and barrel. Well, he came out and I pointed to his pistol, laying there as a pile of parts and said " boss whatever you do don't push that button". He was about to freak out until I busted out laughing. Like I said, a really good guy!

I'm a retired Lineman. I can tell about pranks all night long. Some of you guys have some good ones too!
Posted By: RiverRider Re: Fugging With The Boss. - 04/02/20
One of my old supervisors named Larry from days gone by worked as an electronics tech. In that shop, there was one long bench along a wall where three techs had work stations. This guy, Larry, worked at the one end of the long bench The tech who worked at the other end went on vacation for a week, so Larry rigged up a long dryer vent hose from underneath his work station to the absent tech's station, well concealed. Then he found a small, very quiet high-speed fan and attached it to the end of the hose at his own work station. By the time the other tech came back to work, the contraption was fully operational. Anytime Larry had to fart he would turn on the fan and it would blow all the fumes through the hose to be released underneath the other tech's work station. The setup was said to be very effective. The system remained deployed for several weeks, but the victim finally got curious enough to look around and discovered he had been had. Larry was a real schidt.

(sorry, I kinda strayed from screwing with the boss to general pranks...oops)
Posted By: Fugawe Re: Fugging With The Boss. - 04/02/20
One motorcycle shop I worked at had a bench set up for filling batteries. When a parts guy sold one he had to fill it with acid before giving it to the customer.
The back of the bench was a pegboard wall. When a new guy would be filling one I would get behind the wall with a squirt gun, wait for him to look away
for a second and squirt his hands and clothes with water. He would think he was spilling battery acid all over himself and freak out.

I was reassembling a motorcycle transmission, putting the sprocket on the chain driven oil pump. A new mechanic, MMI graduate(graduated Magna-Cum-Barely)
walked by so I asked him if he knew how to time the oil pumps on the newer bikes. Told him I couldn't find the marks. He was By-God going to show me how to do it, being as he been to school and all.
After about ten minutes he realized that I was messing with him. He wouldn't talk to me for a week.
Posted By: dave284 Re: Fugging With The Boss. - 04/02/20
Get one of the air horns that use a plunger to supply the air. Pull a desk drawer out and tape the horn so that when he closes the drawer it will be pushing in on the plunger.
Posted By: CCCC Re: Fugging With The Boss. - 04/02/20
We have a light fixture here that leaks oil.
Posted By: las Re: Fugging With The Boss. - 04/02/20
I read about a guy in Anchorage, who spends part of the year at his other place in Hawaii. While down there, he asked an Anchorage friend to get into his storage unit where he kept all his toys, and ship his outboard motor to Maui.

There are not a lot of places on Maui to use a snow machine.....
Posted By: johnn Re: Fugging With The Boss. - 04/02/20
At one time our office was in old pipeline era ATCO unit. We would get a few walk ins a day. Always had some young girls to answer phones and do clerical stuff. I had bought a remote control fart machine and decided to rest the new girl's sense of humor. I waited until there was a customer at the counter and at the perfect moment I pushed the button. Without a hesitation she said "excuse me ", and went on about her work.... she turned out to be a lot of fun.
I was briefly sent to a station as a driver that also housed one of our chiefs. He was a decent guy but OCD and a poor excuse for a leader. I used to toss a screw under one of the trucks to mess with his mind. He would pick up the screw and task me to find where it came from. Being it was a wood or sheet rock screw, I never found where it came from but we all got some good laughs as he searched for the source of the extra parts.

Did the previously mentioned water trick of dropping water from the ceiling to a lieutenant except onto his head while he was sleeping. That lasted a couple months before he figured out what was happening as I didn't do it regularly.

Not a boss but:

At another station we had an ambulance stationed. It was a regular practice to put a rubber band around the sink mounted vegetable sprayer. The medics regularly fell for the gag as they rotated through as assigned.

Another time the medics were sacked out in the back of their rig due to our cleaning the station. I found some ammonia capsules, broke them open, and tossed them into the back of their rig. When they woke up, each thpught the smell was the feet of the other until the capsules were found. I successfully blamed the gag on a police officer of ours that had once worked for the ambulance company and they gagged him later on.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Fugging With The Boss. - 04/02/20
I love the devious minds.

It appears he cleaned it up last night after everyone left. grin

I'll give it a couple more days and squeeze a little more out of the light.
Posted By: AJ300MAG Re: Fugging With The Boss. - 04/02/20
I love the devious minds.

It appears he cleaned it up last night after everyone left. grin

I'll give it a couple more days and squeeze a little more out of the light.

Dickhead... grin

Used to fūck with young overly demanding engineers. They'd bring me a mangled up part, demand I drop what I'm doing and make them a new one. Of course they needed it before the start of the next shift. Lazy fooks wouldn't even bring me a blueprint, work order stated "make on as per sample". So I did. Running a CNC I could make a single part quicker that someone would on a conventional mill. If I had to make one might as well make 2~3. One part would be made exactly as per sample including the damage. At the end of my shift said engineer would walk up, I'd hand him the new part made as per sample. The look on their face was always priceless. I'd let it play out for a while, hand them the good part as I'm headed out the door for the night.
Maintenance superintendent didn't have my sense of humor but he learned.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Fugging With The Boss. - 04/08/20
When he had the ladder outand checking the light he neglected to take care of said ladder so I put a few drops under the foot of the ladder, when he took care of the ladder 2 days later you should have seen his face grin

Today I put two drops of penetrating oil on the spot and he noticed it in under 3 minutes.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Fugging With The Boss. - 04/08/20
It's wonderful hearing all these tales from you soon-to-be ex-employees.
Posted By: gutthooked Re: Fugging With The Boss. - 04/08/20
Originally Posted by hardway

I used to do the same thing to a guy at work, the guy took it to the shop and they could never find the leak. Then one day a co worker seen me put a drop or two under the cycle and he thought it wasn't enough so he dumped a 1/2 quart of tranny fluid under it. The guy quickly figured out someone was fugging with him then. He quit driving it to work then.....
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Fugging With The Boss. - 04/08/20
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
It's wonderful hearing all these tales from you soon-to-be ex-employees.

I guess I'm lucky, I have a great boss, he enjoys a good joke, as a matter of fact this one is owed to him from one he got me with a few months back.

Now that I think about it I have a couple owed to me by the other guys so I guess I'd better be watching my back.
Posted By: OldGrayWolf Re: Fugging With The Boss. - 04/08/20
When I was a kid working at Hardee’s, had a manager who was a real peach. She made the mistake of asking me to look at her car one afternoon, knowing that I worked on cars in my off time. Seems her turn signal wasn’t working. I went out there with her, had her raise the hood, and after looking under there, told her she was low on blinker fluid, to have her husband top it off when she got home. Explained to her that the on/off function of the lights was created by a hydraulic solenoid(!?) and would not function without the required fluid.

She did go home and ask her husband to top it off, then got mad when he laughed and argued with him, explaining all about the “hydraulic solenoid” to clue the poor benighted boy in on the deal. Needless to say, I was on her schit list for some time...😂

Somebody mentioned pagers. I used to have a guy working for me who carried one, so I would wait until he was wiring up a light fixture or and outlet and page him. He ALWAYS jumped and cussed.
Posted By: AJ300MAG Re: Fugging With The Boss. - 04/08/20
The day I got my thirty years in was the worst day of my boss's life. He'd give me that "you've got to do this" line of BS, I'd laugh at him and dare him to send me home. He'd shake his head saying he knew I'd enjoy the day off too much so it ain't gonna happen. Of course he knew I'd bust my a$$ when needed, make him look like a hero. grin
Posted By: aalf Re: Fugging With The Boss. - 04/08/20
One of the funniest things I ever did was back when I worked in the cheese factory.

The bathroom had a single large screened window, which was always open in the summer, and the schitter faced the window 3 feet away.

So one hot summer day, one of the guys went in and closed the door. I quickly filled up a stainless 3 gallon pail with water, ran outside, and heaved it through the window, ran back inside, & pretended to work.

The victim, which almost always had his pipe going, exited the bathroom, completely peppered in Price Albert! grin grin grin

Those 3 gallons hit 'em dead center......and I LMFAO.
Posted By: mirage243 Re: Fugging With The Boss. - 04/08/20
My guys have to mop the shop floor every night before they can leave. I had a new guy a few months back and I over heard him bitching about it. After they left I got my 3 year old grandson and made a mud puddle to get his feet muddy as sheit, then sent him running across the shop floor after they left. Guess what they got to do first thing the next morning.
Posted By: Pashooter Re: Fugging With The Boss. - 04/08/20
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Those old car bombs were fun, back then the hood opened from the outside.

After graduation at the Hazardous Devices school at Red stone we put one on the CO's car at the class party. He got in started the car and was half way across the lot before it popped. Man had some reflexes.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Fugging With The Boss. - 04/08/20
12344mag: Now that is downright cruel! Cool but cruel.
He-he.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Fugging With The Boss. - 04/08/20
Not a boss but one of my first jobs was at a furniture manufacturer. I was assembling something on a scissor lift table next to this new kid who really...really...was not very bright.

Behind him was a stationary bench/table that was pretty closed in and filthy underneath because you couldn't get a broom under there.

I told him that the piece I was assembling had a board that was cut too short and to get me the board stretcher behind him. He starts looking and I said that damn thing probably fell under that table again, crawl under there and get it. He looked at me hesitantly but he did it. I kept him under there for about 5 minutes digging around for the board stretcher because I just knew it had to be there. Finally he came out and was covered from head to toe in cobwebs.

Just then the supervisor walks by and looks at him, stops and says WTF are you doing?? He says uh uh...looking for the board stretcher! Supervisor looks at me and says "get to work!" Then he walked away laughing his ass off.
Posted By: Tedo Re: Fugging With The Boss. - 04/08/20
Bullion cubes in the shower head in the captains quarters, of course no one fessed up. Cap was a good sport and had a few of his own pranks.
Posted By: johnw Re: Fugging With The Boss. - 04/08/20

Ever had a buddy with a new Fat Boy?
A military buddy of mine had a scribe that he carried around in his pocket and he liked to poke people with it just enough to make you jump, and usually when you were in a precarious position. Another buddy decided he'd had enough and figured he'd fix the first guy. Guy #2 procured a weather balloon, filled it with talcum powder and inflated it inside Guy#1's Nissan pickup with the window open about 4 inches. He knew what would happen. Guy #1 went out to his truck at quitting time and saw the balloon pooching out the widow. He pulls out his scribe and pops the balloon shooting powder all over himself and the inside of the Nissan. I was told this story by guy #2 who says "come with me". We go out to guy #1's Nissan, he opens the door and pats the carpet and talcum rises from the floor of the truck. This prank had occurred at another station 4 years before he took me out there. He'll never get all the talc out of that carpet.
Posted By: reivertom Re: Fugging With The Boss. - 04/08/20
We used to hide the inner workings of musical greeting cards in our boss's office. They might be taped under the desk or up in a ceiling, but the sound they make is really hard to pinpoint. They can play a tune in a loop for a whole day or even two, as long as the battery holds out. It sure broke her of leaving her door unlocked!
Posted By: funshooter Re: Fugging With The Boss. - 04/08/20
The 1st Steel Fab Shop I worked at right out of High School. We had a Foreman Pete that would go around in the summer time with a cup of water and throw it at everyone. Welders particularly do not like water thrown on them while they are welding.
I was an Helper and Part time in training welder at the time.
Everyone was getting pissed off at him and I was quick enough to get away from him when he threw the water at me.
at 19 years old I was Pretty fast.
Well I had a 1 gallon milk jug of water I kept in the Fridge for lunch time.
It was probably around 115 degrees out the day I decided to get him.
Everyone sat down fr lunch and I mad sure I was the last one in the lunch room.
I walked over to the fridge just like I did every day. Got my jug of Ice Cold Water walked behind Pete, Stood behind Pete proceeded to slowly open the cap on the Ice Cold Jug of water and then raised the jug f Ice Cold water over Pete's Head and slowly poured the entire jug of water over him while everyone watched.
For some reason all Pete could do was go HUP HUP HUP HUP HUP while he was frozen in place until the entire Gallon was emptied on his.
Everyone in the lunch room gasp and then started laughing and Pete was still sitting there going HUP HUP HUP.

He Chased me for weeks after that but he could never catch me cus I was Young and Fast.
He stopped throwing water on everyone in the shop after that for some unknown reason HA HA.
But he sure tried to get me.
Pete Hired me to help him after he was let go from the Company to Start his own Field welding Co.
I guess he did not hold to much of a Grudge
In Hind Sight I probably could have Killed him with all of that Cold water on such a hot day.
© 24hourcampfire