Home
News is out, the model for the decision by our democrat governor to extend the "stay at home order" predicted 22k covid deaths for the state.

Perspective: Average annual MN mortality rate is 38-40k

April 13 2020, we are currently at 70 deaths for the state.

Question, is anyone in the US experiencing truly desperate and terrifying fear, based on real events? First hand knowledge/experience?

This economy thing is truly terrifying, nearby flood threats from spring thaw is terrifying and real. I believe the virus is real, but is it truly terrifying?
No, not terrifying.
Good morning Dave, I don't know how much more this country can stand.
How quickly folks were willing to give up their right is terrifying to me. But not as terrifying as how quickly the government was willing to take them in the first place.
The last time I checked, the median age for MN covid deaths was 87.

I'm not terrified.
No. Not terrified just tired of the BS.
Pass the horseradish please. I got a ham to finish.
with 40k normal annual deaths to cherry pick from.... it can't be hard to fluff the covid numbers, especially when deaths can be attributed to covid without testing.
I'm not saying that covid hasn't contributed to our total number, which is 70.

But allergies, bee stings, misc viral illnesses, post surgical infections etc... whatever weird things that can be a gateway to pneumonia.... I'm sure exceed 70.

I'm becoming less fearful by the minute.
Originally Posted by deflave
Pass the horseradish please. I got a ham to finish.

FKR!

Now I need horseradish. I've been food triggered.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Good morning Dave, I don't know how much more this country can stand.

I do.

Not much.
Originally Posted by northern_dave
News is out, the model for the decision by our democrat governor to extend the "stay at home order" predicted 22k covid deaths for the state.

Question, is anyone in the US experiencing truly desperate and terrifying fear, based on real events? First hand knowledge/experience?
Virus - very little, mostly from those who are immune-suppressed. The rest - no.. Economy - yes, I have friends who own a large restaurant and friends who WORK in restaurants.. The business may not survive, and the workers might literally be at bankruptcy... Ok, so we lose 100K citizens due to virus.. But is it worth it in order to literally save this country's economy? Is it worth it to avoid the real probability that 25-30% of small businesses do not recover? Is it worth it to deny workers the opportunity to work so as to pay their bills, the gov't's taxes, and survive their lives?? I'd say YES YES YES.... But that's just me.

This economy thing is truly terrifying, nearby flood threats from spring thaw is terrifying and real. I believe the virus is real, but is it truly terrifying?
Virus - no. Economy/US survival - yes...
Originally Posted by Redneck

Virus - very little, mostly from those who are immune-suppressed. The rest - no.. Economy - yes, I have friends who own a large restaurant and friends who WORK in restaurants.. The business may not survive, and the workers might literally be at bankruptcy... Ok, so we lose 100K citizens due to virus.. But is it worth it in order to literally save this country's economy? Is it worth it to avoid the real probability that 25-30% of small businesses do not recover? Is it worth it to deny workers the opportunity to work so as to pay their bills, the gov't's taxes, and survive their lives?? I'd say YES YES YES.... But that's just me.

Virus - no. Economy/US survival - yes...

Bingo and agree 100%, need to reopen the economy now!!
This whole thing is an orchestrated take down of America. Instead of rage, Americans are showing fear, and acceptance of their freedoms swirling down the toilet.
It looks like "they", are getting it done Sam.
Dave,

I gotta be honest. I was a little scared at first.

But once I seen Mike Lindell was involved, I went back to business as usual.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
This whole thing is an orchestrated take down of America. Instead of rage, Americans are showing fear, and acceptance of their freedoms swirling down the toilet.

I know it. And it's disgusting.
In CA, Orange County I’ve only heard of one person getting it, a friend of a friend. None of my neighbors or friends has it.

The China Cough is a phantom in OC, CA. Someone posted on the Next Door app, :enough of this quarantine, we all need to get back to work! The post was removed in an hour.

CA has a weak Governor, but I feel for you in MI, VA, and MN, with even worse Governors.
Dave,

I gotta be honest. I was a little scared at first.

But once I seen Mike Lindell was involved, I went back to business as usual.

Mike is on it.
So all these businesses that are going to close. Thats a tough one to swallow. But someone will open them again. We have to get back going again at some point. We will need the same numbers of everything we had. Other than folks realizing a lot of the stuff they spent money on was total fluff like Starbucks and the like, and that may take a hit but I really doubt it. Folks dont think and don't much care mostly.

NOW if the places that fold are taken over by .gov and reopen, then you know for sure whats going on and its then time to decide what day is the day.
The Covid Chorus Line Girls will straighten you azz up just as soon as they wake and get their teeth in.
Originally Posted by rost495
So all these businesses that are going to close. Thats a tough one to swallow. But someone will open them again. We have to get back going again at some point. We will need the same numbers of everything we had. Other than folks realizing a lot of the stuff they spent money on was total fluff like Starbucks and the like, and that may take a hit but I really doubt it. Folks dont think and don't much care mostly.

NOW if the places that fold are taken over by .gov and reopen, then you know for sure whats going on and its then time to decide what day is the day.

Americans are quite resilient when they have to be.

This isn't a need. It's fugking stupid.
Originally Posted by 280shooter
The Covid Chorus Line Girls will straighten you azz up just as soon as they wake and get their teeth in.

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

If you were a character in a movie:
I couldn't possibly agree more..

Originally Posted by rost495

Who will be that 'someone'?? With a crashed economy, who'll have the bux to do so? And even IF they do, what will they do for supplies? For MONTHS there will be a serious shortage of consumable produce, meats, cheeses etc... Many more farms and agriculture operations will be closed.....some may reopen, but a substantial percentage will not. Even so, with a larger percentage of the populace in a financial hole, are you sure they're gonna go out to some steak house and order the $50 T-bone?

It takes 2-3 years to get cattle from birth to market.. Hogs can be replenished in 6-8 months.. There's already a scarcity of chickens, at least in this area, and the grocer here sez he's having a helluva time trying to get any supplies like that in to sell..

To get over this BS, it will take at least 2+ years - at LEAST... Just in time for the next virus that gov't can use to scare the peons into submission...
Posted By: Osky Re: Minnesota lock down extension - 04/13/20
What say we target and help those most likely to be affected and supply them masks, gloves and whatever help and let the rest of us keep moving? Massive counties here in northern MN with one case and some with none and we’re watching already fragile economies wither on the vine.

Osky
Originally Posted by tzone
How quickly folks were willing to give up their right is terrifying to me. But not as terrifying as how quickly the government was willing to take them in the first place.

In addition to this, is the number of people who assume the economy will come roaring back. Even if it does, we still have at least 2,000,000,000,000 in new, everlasting debt.
I would think if Walz could shut down all the public boat launches and stop motor boating—shut down 4-wheelers too then if we get some nice weather this thing will be all over pretty quickly.
I just hope bloodshed can be avoided.
Originally Posted by kkahmann
I would think if Walz could shut down all the public boat launches and stop motor boating—shut down 4-wheelers too then if we get some nice weather this thing will be all over pretty quickly.

They will never stop motor boating.

No? I think Michigan did?

Osky
motor boating can never be regulated.
Originally Posted by Osky

Osky

[Linked Image from gifimage.net]
Stop the sale of garden seeds and this house of cards is going down!
No offense to the good Minnesotan's out there, but what do you expect from a State that gave us Al Franken, Jesse Ventura, and that current muzzzy you guys sent to capital hill? What screwed up place unfortunately.
Originally Posted by JGRaider
No offense to the good Minnesotan's out there, but what do you expect from a State that gave us Al Franken, Jesse Ventura, and that current muzzzy you guys sent to capital hill? What screwed up place unfortunately.

JG, folks from WI give the berries to Minnesotans (and vice versa) but in reality, the looneyness in MN is fairly well concentrated within the 6k square miles of the Twin Cities.
Originally Posted by SKane

JG, folks from WI give the berries to Minnesotans (and vice versa) but in reality, the looneyness in MN is fairly well concentrated within the 6k square miles of the Twin Cities.

Incidentally, the covid cases and deaths are also fairly well concentrated to the same area.
People here are freaking the fugg out. 55 deaths in a state with a population of about 4.1 million. The median age of those who died WITH Covid-19 (not necessarily from Covid-19) here is 80.5 years old. One 41 year old in poor health died, otherwise, the number was nearly 84 years old.

Deaths attributed to the flu and pneumonia are way down all across the country.

Dr. Birx admitted on TV last week that you could die in a car wreck and if you test positive for Covid-19, you get added to the number. So even the reported 20k Covid-19 deaths across the ENTIRE country is inflated.
Grossly inflated.

I’m certainly making no excuses but we elect house reps by district. Omar was elected out of a very slanted district with minorities and hardcore libs being the voters. Even the Jews who make up a sizable population in that district have gone to the liberal side.
The rest of the state had no say in it, example being the horrible guy who had that position before her.

Osky

I’m certainly making no excuses but we elect house reps by district. Omar was elected out of a very slanted district with minorities and hardcore libs being the voters. Even the Jews who make up a sizable population in that district have gone to the liberal side.
The rest of the state had no say in it, example being the horrible guy who had that position before her.

Osky

Sadly many large cities are following the same pattern, they are blue while everything other than the cities is red.
Originally Posted by cfran

Osky

Sadly many large cities are following the same pattern, they are blue while everything other than the cities is red.

Maybe states need to figure out an abridged version of the electoral college and use it tho the dems will have as much to do with that as either party will have with national or local term limits.

Osky
Posted By: CCCC Re: Minnesota lock down extension - 04/13/20
This manipulated mess has been rotten, and a large number of otherwise sensible folks did hit the "fearful compliance" button - which has been a truly terrifying surprise to many of us. But the realities are beginning to focus and the score will be settled in the end. Aside from the very negative effects, there has been a serious wake-up call and I think that the overall result will be a strengthening and improvement of our social fabric and much more firm resolve with regard to our freedoms and the limited, and proper, roles of government. Meanwhile, folks in states operating like MN need to grab hold and stop their bad politicians.
Maybe I missed it but is Minnesoduh more locked'd downer than other places?

No.
High ranking Democratic politicians are secretly referring to the virus as "divine wind".
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

No.

Yes, They are certainly more locked down than TN is.
Governor Waltz just extended the peacetime emergency order another 30 days which puts it to May 13. Still trying to come up with plan to start reopening the economy after May 4.

But allergies, bee stings, misc viral illnesses, post surgical infections etc... whatever weird things that can be a gateway to pneumonia.... I'm sure exceed 70.

Might be a death in there from an erection lasting over 4 hours too?

Geno
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Geno

That's how I wanna go....

Geno

With either of these gals.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...ew/1/start-your-week-with-a-smile#UNREAD

OH, for those interested..............NSFW or something like that.

Geno

PS, for those needing a warning..................you shouldn't be surfing the Campfire while at work....................unless you own the work perhaps.
Dave,

The April 12 IHME projection (used by Trump team) for deaths in Minnesota, assuming social distancing through May is below:

Projected total deaths 656
Low boundary 121
High boundary 2,374

If someone from the .gov in MN is saying 20K deaths, they're beyond the pale reaching....

Source:
http://www.healthdata.org/sites/default/files/files/Projects/COVID/summary_stats_US_20200413.xlsx

FWIW, most states are seeing their projected deaths go down as time passes and more accurate modeling is possible. Not so for a few states on the East coast. Projections worsen for NY etc....

Scott

I still don’t know any body that came down with it.

Geno

I will confess that was me
whelennut

Osky

Yeah our bitch outlawed any watercraft with a motor. Even gardening is over unless you already have seeds. Wife went today and bought some seed at a mom and pop hardware this morning but nurseries and bigger stores selling gardening supplies are closed.

Bingo!!

Sounds like the "stay at home" is working.
Originally Posted by sawbuck
High ranking Democratic politicians are secretly referring to the virus as "divine wind".
You got THAT right....
Originally Posted by mmgravy

Bingo!!
Double Bingo!! It's that 5-county area that encompasses the Twin Cities Metro.... We have our own pos area known as Madison/Milwaukee... smile
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans

Sounds like you're a lesbian.
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans

Ya, we’re being "saved" and just don’t know it. Dickweed
Originally Posted by cfran

Osky

Maybe states need to figure out an abridged version of the electoral college and use it tho the dems will have as much to do with that as either party will have with national or local term limits.

Osky
That is a damned good idea that I've never heard before. I'm all for it even though the states that need it the most are generally the ones that would never accept it because they're already gone blue. Texas is one state that could benefit immensely.
© 24hourcampfire