Home

Just why... they are a pain to maintain... unless you are a baby face, I can’t see the cool factor.
It's how skinny jeans queers try to develop a masculine image. Nothing against the real men that wear them with authenticity.
It’s is just the style. I’d rather be dead than out of style!
I'd like to know too. I've had one. Didn't like it. To each their own.

On the bright side no one looks askance at me when I go a few days without shaving...I am no longer a scruff, I am stylish.
I have no idea. Home with the lock down, decided not to shave. first bread in 65 years.. Will see in a couple of weeks if it comes off or stays. Way more salt than pepper..
Well in style or not I've had a beard most of my adult life. That being said,most of the hair on my head has migrated to my back so I shave my head. Go figure !
They're only popular now? I thought beards had been popular for a while.

[Linked Image from ageofcivilizationsgame.com]
[Linked Image from wonders-of-the-world.net]
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
[Linked Image from main-designyoutrust.netdna-ssl.com]
Its all them Navy SEAL movies.
[quote=Goosey]They're only popular now? I thought beards had been popular for a while.
Glorious beards. Nice post, Goosey.
They’re not
See the guy seated on the right of the pic with the hat and the aviators on. That's me almost 50 years ago. Just out of high school. About a 2-3 day growth on that camping trip.

Do you understand why I gave up shaving completely in 1979-80? Haven't seen my chin since. Beard gets trimmed back to around 2" long a few times a year.

Shaving in the morning for work, then again if I had a date that night just got on my nerves, and it itched worse if I just went with the scraggly look. So, full beard it's been since then.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Geno

PS, I was so cool, I was wearing aviators before Ray-Bans were cool!
PPS guy next to me in the plaid shirt.........still in contact with him, just texted a week or so back. Go on long hikes, road trips, and climb Mt Rainer with a guy and you tend to stay in touch.
Zits ingrown hairs, fu ck that.

Sport a hair bun to...
To each their boawn

F a gssss
Oh yeah.... if your a c ock sucker they are cool....
Can’t stand the douches that sport em these days. Fu cking tools imo...

Old men that rock em.... a ok in my book.
At my age the wrinkles around the edge of my mouth and on my chin make it difficult to get a close shave and letting my facial hair grow there makes me look 10 years younger. However, 60 year habit of shaving is hard to break so now I shave twice, with two different razors, to keep that fresh shaven look some women prefer.
I have had one for 46 years now so no plans on shaving ever, it is short and neatly trimmed every 2 weeks.
Originally Posted by websterparish47
At my age the wrinkles around the edge of my mouth and on my chin make it difficult to get a close shave and letting my facial hair grow there makes me look 10 years younger. However, 60 year habit of shaving is hard to break so now I shave twice, with two different razors, to keep that fresh shaven look some women prefer.

REAL men don't care what women "prefer".......................

or so I try to tell my wife on occasion.

Geno
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Geno

Ahh, not to her face Geno.
I hate to shave, but do every 2-4 days in the warmer months, come sept I'll stop till feb march.
Now age 70 I've had a beard since I was 18, never shave it off but sometimes it is a van dyke rather than a full beard. I shave my neck every other day and trim the beard 2-3x a week. It has been all grey for several years now and my daughters tell me it makes me look younger rather than older.
See the guy seated on the right of the pic with the hat and the aviators on. That's me almost 50 years ago. Just out of high school. About a 2-3 day growth on that camping trip.

Do you understand why I gave up shaving completely in 1979-80? Haven't seen my chin since. Beard gets trimmed back to around 2" long a few times a year.

Shaving in the morning for work, then again if I had a date that night just got on my nerves, and it itched worse if I just went with the scraggly look. So, full beard it's been since then.

Geno

PPS guy next to me in the plaid shirt.........still in contact with him, just texted a week or so back. Go on long hikes, road trips, and climb Mt Rainer with a guy and you tend to stay in touch.

Looking good G Man! Sweet aviators!

And check out the old school pull top beer cans!
Beards, just now, are definitely not cool. Supposedly they increase your chances of Covid-19. I'm so glad no one has passed an ordinance against them.

. . . or maybe they ARE cool. I mean what better way to show The Man that you don't buy into this madness, right?

I haven't shaved since 1986. I was 25. I got Chicken Pox. I couldn't shave for 9 weeks, and when it was over, I liked the beard and kept it. It hides Lord-Knows-What underneath. I suspect it might look like the craters of the moon.

Since about the age of 14, I'd been shaving and it was fighting a losing battle. Even at that age, I needed to do it twice a day to look nice. My 5 O'Clock shadow hit around Noon. I was one of those guys who was made for a beard.
I rock a burly one in the winter. Keeps my face warm while riding around at 70 mph on a snowmobile. It drastically reduces in size come summer though. My wife likes it , so that's a bonus.
Since 1982. Shaving sucks.
I had one when iI was n my early twenties and it never took off. Trying again as the wife is stuck overseas with the virus restrictions so she can't complain. Too early yet to know if it will fill out nicely but it sure feels good to see have hair growing someplace other than my nose and ears.
Lots of younger guys where in from have a beard, and that’s not the hipster weirdo crowd from god knows where. I guess there are others besides me who don’t give a [bleep] that some old man thinks I should look like I’m from the 1950s.
I could care less what others think. I’ll keep my beard until I decide to shave it off. At 70, what the ladies think is immaterial. Happy Trails
Yep, everyone done gone to rockin' Bin Ladin beards. I think he's the one who popularized them.
Because millennials and this latest generation are the biggest pu**ies yet. A great deal would be fooked if they had to actually change a tire or perform manual labor. So their only link to older generations and a show of what little masculinity they may have is if they can grow a beard. Its really just for saying to their man bun baby faced clean shaven counterparts "I'm not quite as vaginal as you" . Like lesbians who wear pants boots wallets on chains and sport flat tops. How else will they standout as the "man" ?
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Yep, everyone done gone to rockin' Bin Ladin beards. I think he's the one who popularized them.

Actually I think Chis Kyle had an impact.
It’s just easier not to shave.
i was going to keep mine that i grew last fall until this covid crap happened. when i have a beard i touch my face too much. had to go. it was either that or one of those cones.
I had one back in the 70's. It didn't look good at all. S&P even when I was in my 20's.
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle

... and returning service members. I honestly think there is some truth to this.
Originally Posted by Fireball2
It's how skinny jeans queers try to develop a masculine image.

And this is absolutely correct.
I've had a beard for about 15 years.

Use a 3/8" clipper guide every month or two depending on the season. Clip my hair every other trim.

Low maintenance.

And I do know how to change a tire.
Getting a few inches trimmed off every 3-4yrs. is beard management.
Originally Posted by Spotshooter

Just why... they are a pain to maintain...

IMO it's just the opposite, easier than shaving every day.
I got tired of shaving that ass crack on my chin, after shaving, you not only have an exposed buttcrack on your face, it now wears two razor burned red butt cheeks, no thanks, one butt crack is enough, I grow hair over it so I don't have to mess with it.

Geno

You are definitely rockin those aviators in that pic! "70's dude without a care in the world", straight out of Central Casting!

Never had a beard. I tried to grow one once to piss off my a gf in college, and for some "dont shave for cancer" thing at work. Ater a month you could just barely start to notice I had stubble. I can easily get 6 months out of a Bic disposable, and I've had one for over a year in the past. 50 and I could pass for 30's easy. In my 30's I'd get carded.

The mop on top has shifted to... I dont know where. Most of that is gone for a long time now!

Luckily my wife strongly prefers a clean shave, and whenever I get stubble she reminds me in a nice way. She has me trained... after a fresh clean shave we uh... well its like clockwork. Yeah. Anyway, at 50 she has me trained and I damn well like it!
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
It's how skinny jeans queers try to develop a masculine image. Nothing against the real men that wear them with authenticity.

Yeah, around here anyway... I agree...
Who likes to shave? Its a pain in the ass.
Originally Posted by Cinch
Damn nice bear and classic snotcicles aalf! grin
Originally Posted by aalf

Were you in “Groundhog Day” with Bill Murray?
I shave my beard every other week with a close guard on my trimmer. And then take the guard off and do my neck line. If I have business and need to be spiffed up I'll even shave my neck and face line. Shaving every day is for the pretty boys and just another waste of time.
Moustaches is where it’s at!
Explain to me why Beards are Cool now.

It’s turkey season.
Have worn a beard for over 40 years.
Keep it short and trimmed.
Don't care what anyone thinks!

Geno

Is that a Hamm's you were working on? It's been decades since I downed a Hamm's.
I've had mine for 30 years.....I hate to shave

[Linked Image from i165.photobucket.com]
Started growing it in 1967 the day I got out of the army (ours). Honestly, mostly vanity, face was pretty well pocked from teen acne. Girls still avoided me though. A little neatly trimmed fur covers a lot of sins.
And then when hunger hits, you can generally find leftovers in there.

Geno

That's camping in style...

Only thing I am wondering about is the Jiffy-pop looking hat to your right...
I am REALLY surprised that NONE of you fellas never mentioned the fact that wearing a beard is MUCH easier on your partner's thighs!!!!!!
Flintlocke,

It's an economy thing, comb it out on Friday and make hash for dinner. Imagine the hours saved not shaving every morning.

I've had mine since I graduated from high school (1965) except for a bit. You never have seen a smile like on a bootcamp barber when he sees you in line with hair down to your shoulders and beard halfway down your chest.

My second wife asked me if I would shave it off for her, she is special and I did, her comment when I walked out of the john "Grow it Back", 33yrs together now.

I did win the longest beard contest at the NW Ontario Trappers Winter Rendezvous 40 yrs ago and honorable mention at the Paul Bunyan Festival in Brainerd back then.

I now keep it shorter and clip it up when the wife tells me I'm starting to look homeless.
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
I am REALLY surprised that NONE of you fellas never mentioned the fact that wearing a beard is MUCH easier on your partner's thighs!!!!!!

I don’t have a beard but my mustache is about 12 inches long. A fu-Manchu look. I tell the good looking gals it’s not really a mustache, it’s a thigh tickler. I Get a lot of sheepish looks pretty quick!
We grow them...cause we can ! I don't even know if I have a chin...
Mine helped buy booze when I was 17 40+ years ago. Like Geno being of Italian descent it came early. I have had one on and off for many years though, being in O&G, there were periods where they were not allowed. My wife prefers me bearded...

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

THIS

BTW - I wan’t referring to real men who look good in beards as much as the young guys who are in the me too crowd.
I shaved every damn day in the service. Got out and grew one for the first year. It been off and in since then but going on 2 months now with out shaving. Told the wife if this gonna be the end of the world we saving razors for her legs not my face. But in reality Who give a crap what another guy does.
I have had one for 30+years.I didn't know it was cool. I want to know why all these guys shave their heads, like wanna be Swat Cops

I’ve been there, before I joined the military I had a heavy mustache, and or beard and lived in up state New York, and I LOVED hunting the pines during really cold weather and snow storms.
It’s weird how your beard can freeze over.

THIS

BTW - I wan’t referring to real men who look good in beards as much as the young guys who are in the me too crowd.

And very few if any of those "guys" are watching any navy seal movies...nome’ sain?
I wear a beard. Hit it with a #3 and rough shave my neck every 3 weeks or so. Wife cuts my hair. I am low maintenance.
I didn't have one the 10 years I was in the service, Marine Corp didn't allow them like the Navy does. Mine are seasonal now. Start one in the early fall and it comes off in late April or May depending on the weather.
For me it is not a fad.

Have had one for about 35 years.

Nowdays some of the ones you see look like they just forgot to shave for a few days.

Does not bother me but it looks weird.
I never get past the wino look before wife complains. What bugs me is the died pure black unnatural look

Scraping hair off your face is not comfortable either.

An old machinist got hell about chips in his tearing up her thighs. That was way too much information

Just why... they are a pain to maintain... unless you are a baby face, I can’t see the cool factor.

shave the ol' ladys cooter and go at it , you'll have your answer.
I dont purposely grow a beard....I just dont shave very often.
Sounds like a plan....
This is the first time in a very long time I don't have to shave, so I'm not. Military, had to shave. Airline, had to shave. Till I start flying again, I'm not shaving.

I think they have always been cool to those who appreciate them, and not cool for those who don't. The world still goes around.
I do not have a beard but a Van Dyke... (Goatee with a Mustache)... I was hairy faced long before it was cool.... The goatee part is about a foot long and I will never cut it (I made that mistake 1 time)

Threads like this that deal with an either/or preference always follow the same pattern. Whichever "side" people are on, they seem to feel the need to justify their choice (often in a way that denigrates the other side). I don't know why it can't just be, "Because I like "A" and if someone else likes "B" that is fine.
Originally Posted by smithrjd
I have no idea. Home with the lock down, decided not to shave. first bread in 65 years.. Will see in a couple of weeks if it comes off or stays. Way more salt than pepper..

Got over the gluten intolerance? grin
Been wearing a mustache since High School (1970)

'Bout the last 30 years, been wearing short chin whiskers to go with it.

Put my clippers on the second shortest notch and trim it up about once a week.

Leave my mustache bushy.

Shaved off my mustache when I met my Wife. She said "grow it back!"

I looked too young without it!

Virgil B.

Holy fugk this made me laugh.

LOL.
Originally Posted by deflave

LOL.

You can hear the sound of clippers whirring away all over the South.
Originally Posted by saddlesore
I have had one for 30+years.I didn't know it was cool. I want to know why all these guys shave their heads, like wanna be Swat Cops

Now that’s a good question.
Originally Posted by atvalaska
We grow them...cause we can ! I don't even know if I have a chin...

Co workers have a beard for that very reason. No chin.
Originally Posted by 5sdad

LOL.

You can hear the sound of clippers whirring away all over the South.

Clippers are for pussies. Use a blowtorch, love the smell.
I don't get the anti-beard queefing.

Most who are against it can't. The others are just gay.
If I could go all Rip van Winkle - go to bed clean shaved, and wake up at some point sporting a full beard, I'd be all in. But I just don't have the patience. If I skip shaving for two days, the itchiness drives me nuts! Guess I'm jealous of my son, he has a magnificent, full beard.

Men are dogs.

https://kutv.com/news/offbeat/study-men-with-beards-carry-more-germs-than-dogs-do
Because special forces guys have them. You could be a hero, staying at home parked on your couch, fighting the virus and the economy. And you can look like a hero too.
I grew a beard just out of high school and had it for twenty years or so.
It was a dirty blonde color..... shaved it off for a new job and just kept the “stash”.
When work finally said that beards were now allowed, I grew mine back.
My hair is bone white now and my friends told me I looked like I had a soccer ball on my shoulders.
I shaved it all off one day and my wife just laughed and said to grow it back.
So now it’s just a goatee......
Both of my sons have beards and their ladies approve 👍

Geno

Ahh, not to her face Geno.

Oh yes, sometimes right to her face.............

I get laughed at a lot!

Geno
Originally Posted by MadMooner

Geno

Looking good G Man! Sweet aviators!

And check out the old school pull top beer cans!

Mooner,

I find the tabs popping up around this place at times. Have one hanging on a nail on the side of the shed I found a couple of weeks ago. Maybe some millenial will come by someday and ask "what's that".

Geno

Originally Posted by Crockettnj
... and returning service members. I honestly think there is some truth to this.

I don't know the exact history since I wasn't involved first hand but the current style of a longish beard with short hair derives from our involvement in Afghanistan.

The Afghan's consider a beardless man to be effeminate at best and most likely homosexual. If our servicemen wanted to be taken seriously by the locals, especially the more specialized forces that worked more remotely, they had to wear beards. When our regular forces first started showing up it seems they thought all Afghan men were homo's since they whistled and made lewd gestures toward the beardless young men. From what I understand it was actually the other way around.

Obviously not everybody who wears one now is an ex-Seal-Delta Force-Ranger-Sniper but wars often influence style for younger people who generally are more swayed by peer pressure than older folks.
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
Because special forces guys have them. You could be a hero, staying at home parked on your couch, fighting the virus and the economy. And you can look like a hero too.

‘Splains a lot, beards, giant scopes, great big bolt knobs, etc
They should be more popular right now. I mean a man with a beard and a mask looks like a hippie chick in a G-string.
Originally Posted by muleshoe

Geno

Is that a Hamm's you were working on? It's been decades since I downed a Hamm's.

Might have been the old guy across from me drinking that, don't think I was 21 yet. Just about the 17-18 year old time. If not mistaken, I was an Explorer Scout Associate Advisor on that trip. If I wasn't of age, I wouldn't have been drinking with that crowd. My old man is the guy in the black hat in front of the Coors can. My buddy in the plaid shirt doesn't have a beer in front of him either, and he's almost a year older.

Hams was one of the preferred beers of the main Advisor.

More than one or two cans may or may not have disappeared mysteriously from the old guy's ice chests on certain trips, but I can neither confirm nor deny that story! wink

Hamm's............From the Land of Sky Blue Waters.............

Geno
I didn`t know they were "cool", being a grown man, I don`t pay attention to fashion trends, I leave that to the ladies where it belongs.
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea

Geno

Can you make out the Chevy Station Wagon parked behind me and my buddy. Parked 90 degrees to the truck and camper. Always windy there so we made a windbreak.

That's Mrs H with her hair in a hair net thingie, to keep it from blowing all over the place. Mr H was our advisor, the Mrs liked to come along on our car camping trips, but not on our hikes. Mr H was doing backpacking trips into the Sierras to fish well into his 60s.

Geno
Originally Posted by JSTUART

On the bright side no one looks askance at me when I go a few days without shaving...I am no longer a scruff, I am stylish.

JSTUART;
Top of the morning - early morning tomorrow I see - to you sir, I hope that you and yours are doing as well as can be with the situation we appear to find ourselves in.

While I'm not sure I'll ever be considered stylish again - my good wife has often suggested I have the "homeless cowboy" look down pat - I must agree that the current fashion does allow one to not shave quite as often and not be frowned upon as harshly as in times past.

Honestly I've kept a goatee of some sort for much of my life for that reason too - if one doesn't shave for a few days it just looks like one is expanding on it and not being lazy about the face scraping rituals, you know?

The only downside really is that somehow the beard now comes in only one shade and it's all grey.... how that happened so quickly just does not compute somehow. wink

Anyway sir, all the best to you and yours down there and do stay well.

Dwayne
Because without one, what would he have been called?

It just shows how easy people are to lead around by their nose.

Just start putting a bunch of brown or black or Muzzy terrorist looking bearded guys on TV commercials with good looking white women and - viola.

Funny, the PC line for years was for white guys to be nice, sweet, spineless pansies. Then they shifted to men need to be macho and look like Muzzy terrorist studs. Even the Pope chimed in with saying the testosterone deprived west need hot new muzzy blood pumped into the civilized worlds women.

The MSM and leftests in govt agreed.
Originally Posted by SCRUBS
I didn`t know they were "cool", being a grown man, I don`t pay attention to fashion trends, I leave that to the ladies where it belongs.

Amen, but not knowing they are cool just shows how out of touch you are, not that you have better things to be concerned about. wink
I don't mind beards unless they are going for the Taliban look.
This too shall pass. I wore plaid shirts, jeans, and boots my whole adolescent and adult life. The lumbersexual thing took off. Doesn't mean I don't wear same as I always have. I just don't look like a douche doing it.
I wore short hair and a beard soon as I could grow one, long before anybody was coming home from the sandbox. Only time I shave is when employment requires it.

Other than making fun of douchey looking pansies, I have to wonder at the preoccupation some grown men have with other grown men.

That being said, a dude preferring bald puzzy shows a predilection for pedophilia.
Maybe the same holds true for a chick that prefers a clean shaven face?

laugh D:
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Just start putting a bunch of brown or black or Muzzy terrorist looking bearded guys on TV commercials with good looking white women and - viola.

Funny, the PC line for years was for white guys to be nice, sweet, spineless pansies. Then they shifted to men need to be macho and look like Muzzy terrorist studs. Even the Pope chimed in with saying the testosterone deprived west need hot new muzzy blood pumped into the civilized worlds women.

This is about beards, not about playing the viola. Start your own thread about that.

Geno

Can you make out the Chevy Station Wagon parked behind me and my buddy. Parked 90 degrees to the truck and camper. Always windy there so we made a windbreak.

That's Mrs H with her hair in a hair net thingie, to keep it from blowing all over the place. Mr H was our advisor, the Mrs liked to come along on our car camping trips, but not on our hikes. Mr H was doing backpacking trips into the Sierras to fish well into his 60s.

Geno

Ah, that explains the total absence of facial hair..
Didn't see the SW, but I did notice the pickup under the camper..a classic

And the "Champagne of Beers" in front of you...
Have had a beard since ‘70 or ‘71 when Admiral Zumwalt (CNO at the time) okayed it. Shaved it off one day in the early’80’s, but that was it, one day. My skin did not like the process.

Geno

Geno

Where's the High Life? I see Hamms and Coors.
I started growing my beard the day I retired. I’ve never had a job where I could since my early twenties. I had to take a razor to my face practically every day since then. The day I retired that schitt stopped. The one real disadvantage is that it’s long enough now that it beats the crap out of me when I ride my motorcycle.
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT

This is about beards, not about playing the viola. Start your own thread about that.

Sorry, it's why beards are cool. wink
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
This too shall pass. I wore plaid shirts, jeans, and boots my whole adolescent and adult life. The lumbersexual thing took off. Doesn't mean I don't wear same as I always have. I just don't look like a douche doing it.
I wore short hair and a beard soon as I could grow one, long before anybody was coming home from the sandbox. Only time I shave is when employment requires it.

Other than making fun of douchey looking pansies, I have to wonder at the preoccupation some grown men have with other grown men.

That being said, a dude preferring bald puzzy shows a predilection for pedophilia.

laugh D:

BGG,

you may be onto something there.

Old lady saying "come here little boy, want some candy".

Geno

PS Some of them chicks probably prefer there "men" to be manscaped too. crazy
I grew a bear d when I got out of the military. About hat time the hippy thing was going full steam ahead I had a job and a crash pad in the Haight-Ashbury and plenty of young ladies to spend the night with. Met a woman who later became my wife. She wasn't a hippy but loved my beard. Many was the time she'd say, "Let me feel your beard." I always obliged.
Paul B,

Men are dogs.

https://kutv.com/news/offbeat/study-men-with-beards-carry-more-germs-than-dogs-do

Had an old dog that loved my beard.

After every meal she would come up to me and check my beard for scraps. First few times it was just coming to me for some pets and stuff. She must have gotten a "reward" at one time. shocked

Geno

^ nice catch!
[quote=BillyGoatGruff]

Where's the High Life?

^
The only true champagne of beer.
Originally Posted by Crockettnj

^ nice catch!

Saw it last night but my appoint,ment to the spelling polease was not renewed for some reeson.

Geno

Geno

Geno

Where's the High Life? I see Hamms and Coors.

Honestly, I can't remember a single Miller's ever having gone camping with our group.

After turning 21 and trying some...................I knew why!!

Geno
Here's a list of a few puzzies: George Washington, Paul Revere, Daniel Boone, Davey Crockett, Col WB Travis, Sam Houston, Texas Sheriff Frank Hammer, John Wayne, Rocky Marciano, Bart Star, Ronald Reagan, Babe Ruth, Edmond Hillary, Roger Bannister, Aaron Judge, Aroldis Chapman, Nolan Ryan, Jack Oconnor, Elmer Keith, Audie Murphy, Donald J Trump,.....
Shut yo mouf!
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot

This.

And the fact that chicks can’t and it’s all we’ve got left.
Grew one back in the 80's when I was working dope. (Center, red hat....not one wearing the 80's fanny packs!) Shaved when I went back out in the real world for a dozen years or so. Then the top started getting mighty thin and decided my big head looked better with some additional hair to hide some of the ugly, so it has been back for 20 years. Would feel naked without it, and it will be with me until I'm done, in style or not.

Here's a list of a few puzzies: George Washington, Paul Revere, Daniel Boone, Davey Crockett, Col WB Travis, Sam Houston, Texas Sheriff Frank Hammer, John Wayne, Rocky Marciano, Bart Star, Ronald Reagan, Babe Ruth, Edmond Hillary, Roger Bannister, Aaron Judge, Aroldis Chapman, Nolan Ryan, Jack Oconnor, Elmer Keith, Audie Murphy, Donald J Trump,.....

Nadler, Shciff, Schumer, Tester, Cuomo, etc etc.

I fail to see your point.

laugh D:

BGG,

you may be onto something there.

Old lady saying "come here little boy, want some candy".

Geno

PS Some of them chicks probably prefer there "men" to be manscaped too. crazy

Then they are lesbians.
75 years old, had a mustache in the 70's for a few years when I was teaching, but clean shaven since I went into administration.
About a week into this lock down I told the wife I need a project, so I started a beard, wife just rolls here eyes but it has come in pretty even with more salt than pepper on a head that looks like a Q-tip.
She says it's like kissing a hairbrush, but after 6 weeks she has accepted it. Grand kids love it.
We'll see what I do after I'm allowed in public again.

Nadler, Shciff, Schumer, Tester, Cuomo, etc etc.

I fail to see your point.

No you dont. grin

Jim Jordan, Mark Meadows, Gov Abbott,....
Chuck Norris

BOOM
Hahaha, well, you have a point.

Ok, one beard in ten. Real Texas Rangers. Add Cochise, Geronimo and Sitting Bull. wink

https://www.texasranger.org/texas-ranger-museum/history/brief-history/
Originally Posted by Goosey
They're only popular now? I thought beards had been popular for a while.

[Linked Image from ageofcivilizationsgame.com]
[Linked Image from wonders-of-the-world.net]

goosey's beard is all matted from man juice ill bet. lol

Ok, one beard in ten. Real Texas Rangers. Add Cochise, Geronimo and Sitting Bull. wink

Adding in persons that couldn't grow a beard if their lives and that of their whole society depended on it? That's dirty pool.
Dirty pool? The whole thread is like pocket pool.....

I've had mine for 30 years, because I hate to shave. Trim about once a week and good to go.

+1
High Life in an organic feed bucket is all the rage.

[Linked Image from i37.photobucket.com]
A couple of the guys from work, were there twenty years, and no one had any idea exactly how homely they were.

Until they shaved. Their momma's must have tied a pork chop around their necks just to get the dog to play with them.

Neither of them left their face bare for long.

Chicks dig 'em

How much did it weigh?
whelennut

Adding in persons that couldn't grow a beard if their lives and that of their whole society depended on it? That's dirty pool.

Darn it. frown

Actually, they could. They plucked facial hair from the time of puberty.

https://www.quora.com/Is-it-true-th...netically-are-unable-to-grow-facial-hair
I'd probably grow a beard these days just because I'm tired of shaving the 20 lb test monofilament fishing line that my old, gray beard has turned into. Unfortunately, a run in with radiation treatments 20 something years ago performed very effective electrolysis on about a quarter of my face. So a beard would make me look like I'm suffering from an extensive case of the mange.

I hate shaving the rest of it so much that I threatened to have electrolysis done to it. But my wife said it would turn me into a homo.

I think she just didn't want me to spend the money. But there's no sense in risking it, I guess.

Darn it. frown

Actually, they could. They plucked facial hair from the time of puberty.

https://www.quora.com/Is-it-true-th...netically-are-unable-to-grow-facial-hair

lol all 5 or 6 of them? I've been around quite a few and never saw a one that could grow more than a pencil thin mustache.
Originally Posted by SamOlson
High Life in an organic feed bucket is all the rage.

All a guy needs right there.
Explain to me why you care? I don't intentionally grow a beard, I just have better things to do than shave. Some of you folks need to get a life.
Gruff's beard has kept me warm on many a cold night.

I'm a fan.
Better question might be when did shaving become cool? For me it was around thirteen. Been a pain ever sense. I don't need to out on a suit, so I'm not shaving. I still trim the neck every couple of days, but I don't even shave for Zoom video conference calls anymore.
I have always had a beard since I got out of the army in 1977. I interviewed for a State Trooper
Job and shaved for that, and a few other times but now that I am retired I like to barber my ears and nose and that's all.
Facial hair makes wearing any type of protective mask useless..
Originally Posted by JeffA
Facial hair makes wearing any type of protective mask useless..

Bull. I still mask up when I'm grinding in my shop, color of my boogers tells a different story.

And if I sneeze it's pretty well contained.
Beards have always been cool.
Chuck Norris

BOOM

Two words: King Leonidas. . .
Originally Posted by whelennut

How much did it weigh?
whelennut

Not a big enough scale around......

20 1/16" net P&Y......
Beards must keep the skinny jean pillow biters from getting rug burns on their faces.

Bb
No way I am letting a beard hide this beauty.

The Millennials see all the cool "operator" characters in their video games with beards.
The metro sexual lumberjack look let's them feel manly.

Us older guys with beards are just to lazy to shave.

Paul, it looks like you caught a few bugs on your grill while you were out biking.

Some beards are cool - you lazy mo-fo's are lame . . .

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Word.
I grow one every fall and usually shave it off in the spring...has nothing to do with looks or style it to keep my face warm ....it's nice when out feeding cattle in the winter...
I caught some largish pieces of what was once a M70 Winchester in the face at high speed. Cut my bottom lip in half and my top lip almost off. I’ll always keep at least a mustache and goatee to hide the aftermath of that incident. Not that my wife cares or I’m out looking for ladies but I honestly don’t like to look at it, brings back memories.

Of course I had a beard and usually a mustache for years prior to that experience. I can’t do the terrorist look, I let it get more than an inch long and it drives me nuts. I shave my neckline and shape up the topside once a week and run a trimmer over it every second week.
Beards......

[bleep] abound
What’s for lunch? Breakfast
F [bleep].
Originally Posted by Dryfly24
Chuck Norris

BOOM

One word or rather Word....... Jesus.
Originally Posted by Borealis Bob
but it sure feels good to have hair growing someplace other than my nose and ears.

You can feel your hair growing?
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush

What's that black patch on ya face all about?

Nobody is coming to get you.

,....yet.
I quit shaving the day I retired from the military but keep
it in trim. Always disliked shaving so I just quit when it was an option. It does help keeping warm in the winter.
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Chuck Norris

BOOM

One word or rather Word....... Jesus.

You both have better examples than I gave.
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
Beards must keep the skinny jean pillow biters from getting rug burns on their faces.

Bb

I don't understand how you got rug burns from biting a pillow. Was it traumatic?
Originally Posted by Burleyboy

Bb

I don't understand how you got rug burns from biting a pillow. Was it traumatic?

LMFAO! laugh
I've been shaving a full face of heavy whiskers since I was 12, and I grew a moustache in the Army, and grew a beard a couple times in my 20s. My whiskers are like "wire", hurt my face , my wife's face and my little girls! ha, I shaved it off and kept the moustache.
So? Any opinions on muttonchops?? I’m diggin’ mine with my Lord Kitchener ‘stash!

And for the record, Ain’t a damn bit of my business if a man wishes to sport a beard.

Archaeologist son occasionally sports one. A toss up to who he favors. Either George V or Nicholas II.
I don’t see why I would need to explain to anyone why I do or do not have a beard. GFY
Originally Posted by hanco

LMAO. Style is worried about what others think. Screw the others. I run what I run because it makes me happy.

But this beard stuck in TX heat at the moment sucks....
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by hanco

LMAO. Style is worried about what others think. Screw the others. I run what I run because it makes me happy.

But this beard stuck in TX heat at the moment sucks....

I guess we can quit running down folks with man buns now.
Originally Posted by billhilly
I don’t see why I would need to explain to anyone why I do or do not have a beard. GFY

BIngo!
Originally Posted by NVhntr

Paul, it looks like you caught a few bugs on your grill while you were out biking.

That reminds me of one of the worst damn things that have ever happened to me. I used to race mountain bikes. I was doing a training ride one hot summer day. Down here the yellow flies (like a horsefly) are out in force in the woods in the summer. I was pushing it really hard and sucking volumes of air. One of those damn things went in my mouth and stuck to the back of my
extremely dry throat. I coughed and hacked for 30 minutes even after finally washing it down with my water bottle.
Paul gotta be clean shaved.......else he defeats the purpose of his hot pink spandex suit.
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

BIngo!

I agree, yet so many people instantly get defensive and feel the need to defend their choice, whichever that may be, while denigrating the other option.

I dont think the only beauty in that pic can grow a beard, Paul. wink
I can't grow a long beard, about 3/4 of an inch is all I can stand - I can't sleep at night, feels like I'm sleeping on steel wool.

I see all those 1800's photos of giant beards

I read the reason that went out of style was Mustard Gas in WWI

portable shaving techniques improved noticeably after that.

might be horseshit but it makes sense.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Paul gotta be clean shaved.......else he defeats the purpose of his hot pink spandex suit.

Everyone knows that pink clothing and beards don't go together.

I dont think the only beauty in that pic can grow a beard, Paul. wink

For some reason or another we almost never take good pics together, even when we are both trying. I love this pic of her...then there's me. It was hilarious watching the wait staff when I would smile at them like nothing was going on.
Originally Posted by KFWA
I can't grow a long beard, about 3/4 of an inch is all I can stand - I can't sleep at night, feels like I'm sleeping on steel wool.

I see all those 1800's photos of giant beards

I read the reason that went out of style was Mustard Gas in WWI

portable shaving techniques improved noticeably after that.

might be horseshit but it makes sense.

A lot of truth in the gas mask story. Beards in US military were encouraged from about 1850 to 1880 give or take. But it’s hey were on their way out by our War with Spain.

Pioneers and sapiers still sported their beards during the Great War in Euro armies out of tradition. Sapiers in the
Foreign Legion still sport their beards.

Edit,

There is a great scene in the last Alamo flick of Mexican Sapiers, with their leather aprons and axes leading the assault and hitting the walls and entanglements with their axes!!! Great scene!
Sapiers at 1:36

Being the anniversary of the most sacred day in the Legion is this Thursday the 30th. Lets see some of there Sapiers!!!

Thanks, we were all waiting for you to weigh in.
I've been waiting 43+ years waiting for someone to ask "why beards are cool now". I thought I just hated shaving.

Society feminizing males causes guys to over compensate by letting their beards grow.
Beards have always been cool! Slow learners are just now figuring that out!
They sure help to cover up some ugly muggs. I don't have any issue with beards, now man buns on the other hand................
Originally Posted by centershot
They sure help to cover up some ugly muggs. I don't have any issue with beards, now man buns on the other hand................

Just different ways for men to say "look at me."
Why are beards so cool now? - Let me put it this way . . .

' In the presence of a woman, a gentleman removes his hat.'
' In the presence of a beard, a woman removes her clothes. '
Originally Posted by SheriffJoe

Society feminizing males causes guys to over compensate by letting their beards grow.

Holy schmoly,

Can I stop compensating now?

It's only been 40+ years since I let mine grow.

Geno
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Being the anniversary of the most sacred day in the Legion is this Thursday the 30th. Lets see some of there Sapiers!!!

kaywoodie,

some guy started a thread about wanting an axe the other day.

Think one of them Frenchie ones might serve nicely?

At one time their swords and bayonets slew a few folks, maybe their axes are made well too.

Geno
🙄
I will let one go a week

Then I start feeling dirty.

Might as well wear a hair bun to.
Not happening
Had a beard solid since 1986 and before that off and on for several years.
I would occasionally would get up to go to the jon, and get a wild hare and shave it.
The last time was in 1986 when my younger son was about 3. Did the deed at about 2:30 in the morning.
Got up the next morning, went to breakfast, and as I sat down, the boy took one look at me from his high chair and screamed bloody murder.
I took the hint and kept the beard ever since. cool

Holy schmoly,

Geno

Look at me Geno, look at me!!
(going with the spandex man theory)

laughing
Originally Posted by MO2AZ
Had a beard solid since 1986 and before that off and on for several years.
I would occasionally would get up to go to the jon, and get a wild hare and shave it.
The last time was in 1986 when my younger son was about 3. Did the deed at about 2:30 in the morning.
Got up the next morning, went to breakfast, and as I sat down, the boy took one look at me from his high chair and screamed bloody murder.
I took the hint and kept the beard ever since. cool

Had that happen to a coworker at a place that was purchased by another company. Rumor was they were going to require everyone to be clean shaven. Cliff shaved his off, came out of the bathroom, his five year old screamed and ran to mom asking " Mommy, who's that man?".

The rumor was wrong, I never shaved. Cliff was pissed!

Geno
Hate shaving. Have had a beard since 16. 34 now. Shaved it off this year due to covid and working in a ER. Never knew I was a hipster because I had a beard. Right now I’m rocking a pornstache and soul patch to be funny. The beard will be back soon though

Holy schmoly,

Geno

Look at me Geno, look at me!!
(going with the spandex man theory)

laughing

Sometimes when they looked at me, they got scared. Had a lady friend tell me once while skating that the kid skate guard dude wanted me to take off my hat. I asked why he didn't come ask himself. Said the kid called me "that biker looking dude".

Beard, long hair, felony glasses, and a watchcap? Levi's, T shirt, and a flannel? What's to be scared of?

Look at me, look at me................yeah, right!

Now, since the beard is 98% white, I get called Santa by kids in the grocery store..............in June even.

Geno
Originally Posted by kevinJ
Hate shaving. Have had a beard since 16. 34 now. Shaved it off this year due to covid and working in a ER. Never knew I was a hipster because I had a beard. Right now I’m rocking a pornstache and soul patch to be funny. The beard will be back soon though

You have a pair of Ray-Ban aviators I hope.

Geno

Your tits bounce when you come down the stairs?
Look out kids, here comes scary Santa!!!

We all do things for that. Some will fervently deny it, but we do.

We all do things for that. Some will fervently deny it, but we do.

Well, I'll be damned. Beautiful honesty in that comment.

Geno

Smith's Geno, poor man aviators.

Digging into the selfie files...
(horseback, after strays, ran into one other guy that day, he loved my beard!)

I think beards became a thing in pop culture because of Duck Dynasty on television.

Myself, I hate shaving and I hate looking at my own beard in the mirror so I just go back and forth. Sometimes I'll stay clean shaven for a week or two, but then I get lazy again and won't shave until I'm sick of looking at it. In my intermediate mode I'll not shave at all and just buzz my entire head and face (except the moustache) with my barber's clippers every couple of weeks. I'm scraggly about 95% of the time.

Geno

You sport it well.....
No way I could.

Get some new shades.....
Love those shades, had 'em for over 10 years.

I do have a newer pair of Smiths(different style frame) but the old ones are more comfortable and do a better job of keeping dust outta my eyes.
(contacts and dust are a bad combo..)

My beard is over 60 years old and I have been told by trustworthy sources my mugg ain't ugly...
Yep.

The haters have NO idea how much puzz loves the beard.

It's literally not even fair.
i don`t like to shave or never did so many years ago i grew my beard, but i keep my beard short cleans easier ,smells less and it doesn`t get caught in my bow string when i shoot.
Yep.

Lol
That’s it!
I’m growing a beard.
And buying a pair of your shades.
Fester, my man....

Prepare yourself for more puzzy than even Ace thought possible.

Ace
😂
And I thought I was smooth.....

It’s on now.
I can't be Santa at the mall without a "real" beard and I've been doing Santa for over 11years now.
Actually, I've had a beard for over 30 years now. My wife says she's not really a fan of it but I say "But it's for the children!". Funny how your wife can have her hair any style and color she wants but her husband has to toe the line. I just don't listen very well.
I wish I could post a picture. I will have to ask the grandkids how to do it.
Wasn't it Orson Wells who said, "A beard covers a multitude of chins.".
Originally Posted by StuckInOhio
Wasn't it Orson Wells who said, "A beard covers a multitude of chins.".

Or no chins....

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
fester-

No offense, man. Do you think you should be partaking in anything cool?

You are from California, after all.

That’s the ‘bankrupt’ California.

Originally Posted by fester
Yep.

Lol
That’s it!
I’m growing a beard.

Fester, my man....

Ace

That's a bold statement...
grew my first at 14 .shaved it at 18 1 time never again. run a clipper on my head and beard bout every 6 weeks. leave 1/4 standing . 59 know dont care what people think
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
fester-

Yep.

Lol
That’s it!
I’m growing a beard.

Fester is very cool, and there’s several others as well from California who are good dudes. They struggle with that States inbred politicians like some of us.

Probably be a different climate if the mass population of Oregon, Washington and California didn’t have Liberals clustered like chickens together in the major cities out weighing the votes of the remainder of each State.

😎
This face does not need to be covered in pubes for me to pull the clam.

fester-

That’s the ‘bankrupt’ California.

Yep.

Lol
That’s it!
I’m growing a beard.

Yeah probably not.
Have never done anything cool living in California.
I’m from Montana btw....

Viking lunch, sometime?

LoL
😎
Originally Posted by Beaver10
fester-

Yep.

Lol
That’s it!
I’m growing a beard.

Fester is very cool, and there’s several others as well from California who are good dudes. They struggle with that States inbred politicians like some of us.

Probably be a different climate if the mass population of Oregon, Washington and California didn’t have Liberals clustered like chickens together in the major cities out weighing the votes of the remainder of each State.

😎

Thanks beav

Viking lunch, sometime?

LoL
😎

But of course. Nothing sets the stage for a pleasant evening quite like Nordic Cuisine.

Is that bicycle pump?

Is that bicycle pump?

Lol
Penis pump

Is that bicycle pump?

It's a shovel, I got my Huffy stuck.

Is that bicycle pump?

Lol
Penis pump

Fûck’n crying here...😂😎

Is that bicycle pump?

Lol
Penis pump

Fûck’n crying here...😂😎

He said huffy!
Tff
You can pull the Caifornian out of California, but the wimp gene will always be there.

Sorry.

You’ll always enjoy watching other dudes running down the beach.
Beards are not cool,some people are...If your an azz wipe a beard won't help you...

It's a shovel, I got my Huffy stuck.

Huffy's are sweet.
Fester, my man....

Ace

For how much?..I am low on cash..
Usually they are bag hairs.....transplanted on the chin.
You can pull the Caifornian out of California, but the wimp gene will always be there.

Sorry.

No apology needed.....

When ya suck you suck. No matter where you live.
Now spit mike......

Sorry.

Originally Posted by logcutter
Beards are not cool,some people are...If your an azz wipe a beard won't help you...

logcutter,

When it's swinging below your knees you don't need no beard.

Am I right, or am I right?
Steve McQueen and Paul Newman were way cooler without beards..I doubt either went without..

logcutter,

Unnaturally short thighs?
Let’s face facts......the 10 year plan for you means getting your teeth fixed.

Sorry.

No apology needed.....

Now spit mike......

logcutter,

Yes

Sorry.

No apology needed.....

Now spit mike......

Yeah... ok.
Burn.
I was a mask wearer before it was cool. After 20 years of it more than a couple days of stubble annoys the crap out of me. I put up with it for a week of deer camp and that's about it.

fester-

Please tell us all how many ex-wives and ex-kids you currently have.

That cherry ‘volt’ really turns the chicks on.

You can take the dude out of California, but.......

You are cool, never let any alpha-male tell you any different.

Sorry.

No apology needed.....

Now spit mike......

Yeah... ok.
Burn.

Originally Posted by Pugs
I was a mask wearer before it was cool. After 20 years of it more than a couple days of stubble annoys the crap out of me. I put up with it for a week of deer camp and that's about it.

What stick are behind?
Couple of days and I’m shaving.......must be the military that caused it.

Cool pic btw...
fester-

Sorry.

No apology needed.....

Now spit mike......

Yeah... ok.
Burn.

Like I said, I’m from Montana.
I now live in California.
What’s your problem?

Got a case of the suck?
fester-

Sorry.

No apology needed.....

Now spit mike......

Yeah... ok.
Burn.

What’s your problem?

Got a case of the suck?

Mike’s clam itches from shaving it. 😂😎
fester-

Sorry.

No apology needed.....

Now spit mike......

Yeah... ok.
Burn.

What’s your problem?

Got a case of the suck?

Vagisil?

Preparation h?
God dang..... talk about being butt hurt!😂

What else do you have to say mike?
fester- you and Oregon beaver will get all in life that you deserve.

You got that going for you.

Have fun.

fester-

Sorry.

No apology needed.....

Now spit mike......

Yeah... ok.
Burn.

What’s your problem?

Got a case of the suck?

Vagisil?

Preparation h?
God dang..... talk about being butt hurt!😂

What else do you have to say mike?
It’s not often I call someone a bi tch but you are a cu nt.
What’s your problem?
Mad because I fathered your kids?
Tell me.
What’s your issue?

Geno

That ain't gunna get you in the double digits,Sammy...Show us some more of you stuck trucks..

BuzzH

And a suit/tie/$80haircut isn’t?

Not my everyday look.
Originally Posted by kingston

Not my everyday look.

Maybe not but I bet you're used to that point of view.
Originally Posted by kingston

Not my everyday look.

Maybe not but I bet you're used to that point of view.

Hey, that was unpolite.
You moved from Montana to California?

You are a certified genius.

Continue to help pay for all the States’ stupidity.

You are intelligent........even if Albert Einstein tells you different.

Believe it.

What’s your problem?

Got a case of the suck?

Men growing beards are cool now - because women are shaving theirs.

That ain't gunna get you in the double digits,Sammy...Show us some more of you stuck trucks..

BuzzH

I know you and Buzz love to get stuck together.

Like a couple of coyotes all balled up.
That was a joke.

Please don't send the local wrestling champ to kick my ass.
...but it looks good on you.

Is that your pedal bike riding partner?
Valsdad

No aviators currently, but now that you mention them I need a pair of them, Hawaii floral shirt with really short shorts! Go all Tom for the summer!

I wouldn’t have shaved my beard off( had handle bar mustache if I felt like waxing it) had covid not come on the scene. Had to do what was necessary to protect my family and myself for a short period of time.

If beards are cool now, then I was bearded before it was cool. I honestly grew it out way back when cause I hate shaving, and I’m kinda ugly. With the beard the women say I’m ruggedly handsome!!
Beards have always been cool...The people they are attached to is another matter...

Aviators, yes.

Beard, no.

I have a thick facial hair, cant stand to go more than a few days without shaving.

Like others have said, sleeping on more than 3 days growth, feels like laying on a wire brush.
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver

Aviators, yes.

Beard, no.

I have a thick facial hair, cant stand to go more than a few days without shaving.

Like others have said, sleeping on more than 3 days growth, feels like laying on a wire brush.

I, too, often get that one rogue whisker that is exceptionally thick. smile
...but it looks good on you.

You know this guy will start sobbing while trying to explain how deep his love is for a tree. 😎

Damn it, this thread went 14 pages... yikes !

Maybe just a little.

Geno

Maybe just a little.

Geno

Damn it... now I do have good whiskey in my sinus’s

Maybe just a little.

Geno

Damn it... now I do have good whiskey in my sinus’s

Hey, there's only two steps on our landings to ground level so they never get a chance to really get to goin'

My wife's on the other hand......................

Geno

Year ago perhaps............

now if that happens I need the little goody they advertise on the TV, probably be an infarction or such.................you know................I've fallen and I can't get up. That thingie.

Geno
There's a name for people without beards, women. laugh

Geno

Dogs love 'em too.

Probably on ol' flave's scheidtlist now. I hear he hates dogs.

Geno

PS, no aviators here. Lost that pair in the camping pic years and years ago. Think I still have the aluminum belt case in a box of "mementos" somewhere. Prolly could sell it on ebay or something, maybe buy a box of Barnes so I can hunt in this State.

PPS Dark ass safety glasses, black frames with side pieces built in, polarized for fishin', bifocal for my ancient eyes. Real felony glasses they are.
Imagine being so occupied thinking about the facial hair of another free citizen.
Had one for going on 40 years now, with only two or three brief beardless periods, the longest of which was just a few months.
There is a major effort by the feminists, MSM, and pop culture to emasculate men.

A beard is kind of a big, in your face F-U-C-K Y-O-U!!
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
There is a major effort by the feminists, MSM, and pop culture to emasculate men.

Yep.
They hide our ugly faces! Thats why they are and will always be cool! 😆

I have one, so by definition it’s cool.
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

I'm not so sure about that. I see lots of bearded guys in downtown Raleigh who are also sporting skinny jeans, flannel shirts, and their hair pulled up in a gay-a as man-bun. The poster-children of emasculated men.

I believe this heavily bearded stuff started after a few years of war with Iraq and Afghanistan where the spotlight was shown on spec-ops military guys such as SEALS and Special Forces who often sport full facial hair and tattoos. Soon, everyone wanted to pretend to be an "operator" and pose as a badass.
Shaving. It's for pussies. Literally!
They are not! Cremo and Feather are mo!
Limp dicks are trying to look like the hot muzzies the pope recommended for western women.

Then there is the Tactical Crowd....

Gooseschitt's post... they didn't have electric shavers in the 1800s... that is why men had beards like a jewish whore's bush...
Have had one for 40+ years, except for my military time and a few times working in the oil patch
been fuzzy since I was 17.
A beard used to signal nonconformity, these days not so much.

A personal choice. I've never been much for signaling or image, in my old age even less. I did have a beard for a year or so in my 30s. My girlfriend liked it. My wife of 44 years doesn't like a beard, so end of story. I never cared for the way it felt anyhow. I don't feel completely clean unless I shave.

A big ditto on the bearded soy boys. Pathetic.

Paul

Shaving is way over rated. I have had a beard 6 to 8 month of the year most of my life. This time I haven't cut a hair on my face for 2 years. Ill shave again pretty soon, but by the next week Ill kick my self for shaving. Shaving is a big pain in the ass.
The attractiveness of beards dpends on the beard and the wearer.

Abe Lincoln looked good in one. So did Robert E. Lee. A lot of other 19th century men had long beards that made them look retarded. Jeff Davis looked like Mephistopheles.

I think men with handsome faces and chins look better without them. John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, etc.

Those Duck Dynasty guys just look like bums. YMMV. But isn't that kind of hot in Louisiana?

Shaving takes me almost no time. Braun self cleaning electric razor for 3 or 4 minutes while watching the morning news on TV. No mess or fuss. Over a period of a month it takes less time than trimming a beard.

How does one go 65 years without bread... can't go one day...LOL
A beard keeps your face cooler.
Why to so many smooth faced women care about whether a man has a beard or not? If you can't grow one because you are genetically deficient I understand. If you can't because of grooming standards at your job I understand. If your wife or boyfriend won't allow you to have one I understand. Otherwise I don't understand.
Your wives wont "allow" your facial hair to grow?

It does that on its own.

I am already gonna die before she does.........the fugg do I care if she likes it or not?

Schit....what more can ya give?
Your wives wont "allow" your facial hair to grow?

It does that on its own.

I am already gonna die before she does.........the fugg do I care if she likes it or not?

Schit....what more can ya give?

Some poor henpecked bastards let their wives to all the thinking for them.

[Linked Image from i38.photobucket.com]

Au contraire.

I hate the routine of shaving. With a full beard i can go without shaving for a couple weeks before I clean up the underbrush.

Any number of other reasons to wear a beard.

ya!

GWB
I started to grow out my beard the week I retired and haven’t looked back since. I’ll probably never shave again...
Warmer in winter, permafrost under the nose. I'm always pulling on my beard.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Warmer in winter, permafrost under the nose. I'm always pulling on my beard.

Now that you mention it,,,,,I started to make that same retort,

When one is riding down the road on an ATV and it's cold enough that your eyes water and your nose runs........it sure saves wiping!

ya!

GWB
I started to grow out my beard the week I retired and haven’t looked back since. I’ll probably never shave again...

My twin grandsons are near 5 yrs old. I think they were 3 when I shaved my beard. I ended up growing it back as they did not recognize me without it.

ya!

GWB
Queer college commie corksucking professors started the modern beard wearing trend to keep the smell of crap on their chin.
Originally Posted by geedubya

My twin grandsons are near 5 yrs old. I think they were 3 when I shaved my beard. I ended up growing it back as they did not recognize me without it.

ya!

GWB

I don't recognize myself without a beard.

ya!

GWB

When I was a youngster, my dad came home from a long fishing trip with a pretty good beard.

The dog (a beagle) barked and growled at him and would not stop!

Unfortunately, my mother did the same and the beard quickly vanished. laugh

John
Queer college commie corksucking professors started the modern beard wearing trend to keep the smell of crap on their chin.

You need to see a doctor.

ZING smile

I think he's bitter Jim. Either wife won't let him or he can't grow it. His posts ought to all be in green font with he jealousy that's eating him up.

I was about to type the same...

ya!

GWB

Mine are so used to it now I think I’d scare them if I shaved it off. laugh
A beard keeps your face cooler.

Drier in the rain too.
Originally Posted by EdM

I was about to type the same...

Sheesh, get a laugh out of a yoke, Ed.

Truth. When I was young, the only folks I saw with a beard were bad guys on TV, muzzies, and smarter than though college professors.
I’ve had them before...but as soon as they got trendy with people like goosey mine had to go.
© 24hourcampfire