Page 5 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Cinch
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Holy fugk this made me laugh.

LOL.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave

LOL.

You can hear the sound of clippers whirring away all over the South.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by saddlesore
I have had one for 30+years.I didn't know it was cool. I want to know why all these guys shave their heads, like wanna be Swat Cops

Now that’s a good question.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by atvalaska
We grow them...cause we can ! I don't even know if I have a chin...

Co workers have a beard for that very reason. No chin.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by deflave

LOL.

You can hear the sound of clippers whirring away all over the South.

Clippers are for pussies. Use a blowtorch, love the smell.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I don't get the anti-beard queefing.

Most who are against it can't. The others are just gay.

MAGA
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
If I could go all Rip van Winkle - go to bed clean shaved, and wake up at some point sporting a full beard, I'd be all in. But I just don't have the patience. If I skip shaving for two days, the itchiness drives me nuts! Guess I'm jealous of my son, he has a magnificent, full beard.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Spotshooter

Just why... they are a pain to maintain... unless you are a baby face, I can’t see the cool factor.

Men are dogs.

https://kutv.com/news/offbeat/study-men-with-beards-carry-more-germs-than-dogs-do

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Because special forces guys have them. You could be a hero, staying at home parked on your couch, fighting the virus and the economy. And you can look like a hero too.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I grew a beard just out of high school and had it for twenty years or so.
It was a dirty blonde color..... shaved it off for a new job and just kept the “stash”.
When work finally said that beards were now allowed, I grew mine back.
My hair is bone white now and my friends told me I looked like I had a soccer ball on my shoulders.
I shaved it all off one day and my wife just laughed and said to grow it back.
So now it’s just a goatee......
Both of my sons have beards and their ladies approve 👍

BT53
"Where do they find young men like this?" Reporter Savidge, Iraq
Elk, it's what's for dinner....

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by websterparish47
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by websterparish47
At my age the wrinkles around the edge of my mouth and on my chin make it difficult to get a close shave and letting my facial hair grow there makes me look 10 years younger. However, 60 year habit of shaving is hard to break so now I shave twice, with two different razors, to keep that fresh shaven look some women prefer.

REAL men don't care what women "prefer".......................

or so I try to tell my wife on occasion.

Geno

Ahh, not to her face Geno.

Oh yes, sometimes right to her face.............

I get laughed at a lot!

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MadMooner
See the guy seated on the right of the pic with the hat and the aviators on. That's me almost 50 years ago. Just out of high school. About a 2-3 day growth on that camping trip.

Do you understand why I gave up shaving completely in 1979-80? Haven't seen my chin since. Beard gets trimmed back to around 2" long a few times a year.

Shaving in the morning for work, then again if I had a date that night just got on my nerves, and it itched worse if I just went with the scraggly look. So, full beard it's been since then.

Geno

PS, I was so cool, I was wearing aviators before Ray-Bans were cool!
PPS guy next to me in the plaid shirt.........still in contact with him, just texted a week or so back. Go on long hikes, road trips, and climb Mt Rainer with a guy and you tend to stay in touch.

Looking good G Man! Sweet aviators!

And check out the old school pull top beer cans!

Mooner,

I find the tabs popping up around this place at times. Have one hanging on a nail on the side of the shed I found a couple of weeks ago. Maybe some millenial will come by someday and ask "what's that".

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
Its all them Navy SEAL movies.

Originally Posted by Crockettnj
... and returning service members. I honestly think there is some truth to this.

I don't know the exact history since I wasn't involved first hand but the current style of a longish beard with short hair derives from our involvement in Afghanistan.

The Afghan's consider a beardless man to be effeminate at best and most likely homosexual. If our servicemen wanted to be taken seriously by the locals, especially the more specialized forces that worked more remotely, they had to wear beards. When our regular forces first started showing up it seems they thought all Afghan men were homo's since they whistled and made lewd gestures toward the beardless young men. From what I understand it was actually the other way around.

Obviously not everybody who wears one now is an ex-Seal-Delta Force-Ranger-Sniper but wars often influence style for younger people who generally are more swayed by peer pressure than older folks.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
Because special forces guys have them. You could be a hero, staying at home parked on your couch, fighting the virus and the economy. And you can look like a hero too.

‘Splains a lot, beards, giant scopes, great big bolt knobs, etc

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They should be more popular right now. I mean a man with a beard and a mask looks like a hippie chick in a G-string.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by muleshoe
See the guy seated on the right of the pic with the hat and the aviators on. That's me almost 50 years ago. Just out of high school. About a 2-3 day growth on that camping trip.

Do you understand why I gave up shaving completely in 1979-80? Haven't seen my chin since. Beard gets trimmed back to around 2" long a few times a year.

Shaving in the morning for work, then again if I had a date that night just got on my nerves, and it itched worse if I just went with the scraggly look. So, full beard it's been since then.

Geno

PPS guy next to me in the plaid shirt.........still in contact with him, just texted a week or so back. Go on long hikes, road trips, and climb Mt Rainer with a guy and you tend to stay in touch.

Is that a Hamm's you were working on? It's been decades since I downed a Hamm's.

Might have been the old guy across from me drinking that, don't think I was 21 yet. Just about the 17-18 year old time. If not mistaken, I was an Explorer Scout Associate Advisor on that trip. If I wasn't of age, I wouldn't have been drinking with that crowd. My old man is the guy in the black hat in front of the Coors can. My buddy in the plaid shirt doesn't have a beer in front of him either, and he's almost a year older.

Hams was one of the preferred beers of the main Advisor.

More than one or two cans may or may not have disappeared mysteriously from the old guy's ice chests on certain trips, but I can neither confirm nor deny that story! wink

Hamm's............From the Land of Sky Blue Waters.............

Geno

In it is contentment

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I didn`t know they were "cool", being a grown man, I don`t pay attention to fashion trends, I leave that to the ladies where it belongs.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea

Geno

That's camping in style...

Only thing I am wondering about is the Jiffy-pop looking hat to your right...

Can you make out the Chevy Station Wagon parked behind me and my buddy. Parked 90 degrees to the truck and camper. Always windy there so we made a windbreak.

That's Mrs H with her hair in a hair net thingie, to keep it from blowing all over the place. Mr H was our advisor, the Mrs liked to come along on our car camping trips, but not on our hikes. Mr H was doing backpacking trips into the Sierras to fish well into his 60s.

Geno

In it is contentment

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JSTUART

On the bright side no one looks askance at me when I go a few days without shaving...I am no longer a scruff, I am stylish.

JSTUART;
Top of the morning - early morning tomorrow I see - to you sir, I hope that you and yours are doing as well as can be with the situation we appear to find ourselves in.

While I'm not sure I'll ever be considered stylish again - my good wife has often suggested I have the "homeless cowboy" look down pat - I must agree that the current fashion does allow one to not shave quite as often and not be frowned upon as harshly as in times past.

Honestly I've kept a goatee of some sort for much of my life for that reason too - if one doesn't shave for a few days it just looks like one is expanding on it and not being lazy about the face scraping rituals, you know?

The only downside really is that somehow the beard now comes in only one shade and it's all grey.... how that happened so quickly just does not compute somehow. wink

Anyway sir, all the best to you and yours down there and do stay well.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Because without one, what would he have been called?

Page 5 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

616 members (12344mag, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 1eyedmule, 1badf350, 63 invisible), 2,310 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,082
Posts18,521,831
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.