Home
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

So yeah, Cali sucks, there's no good places left here.

Geno
I can only speak to my experience with CA authorities and the quarantine...I've refused to comply and have been hassled by cops, including this morning as I was on a mt bike ride. In these parts, you have to wear a dang mask whenever outside (or so the local LEO says), etc. The funny thing is that I am very respectful to the cops when they stop me (and I am not black). I don't give them overt attitude but I ask for an explanation as to why they think I am violating the law. The cops usually start out with a speech about the power of the state in a crisis and then go on to lecture me.

I usually let them talk for as long as they want, then I take my business card out and hand it to the cop and ask him to google my name and the name of my law firm. It often will take a few tries, but I also explain that I enjoy litigating civil rights claims and set out the basics of 42 USC 1983 and 18 USC 242, and how following unconstitutional orders won't protect them from a court finding that they have deprived me of my civil rights. Usually, the cops want to argue about the issue of an emergency situation and civil rights and I'll let them blather on, but I always respond by pointing out that the Supreme Court has NEVER given states the right to deprive individuals of basic rights on an arbitrary basis, even during a crisis, and end with "did you know that if you're found to have violated 18 USC 242 you can go to jail for life? How are police treated in jail?"

It always has ended with the cop wagging a finger at me, telling me that I'll be able to go this time but next time I'll end up with a citation.
Good for you guys. . .
I need to copy the pertinent parts of your post, print it, and carry it with me to remember what to say to them. Life in the joint, eh copper? You'll enjoy that I'm sure!

Not black? Mmmmnn? But you use them as muscle, right??

Geno
Originally Posted by Valsdad
I need to copy the pertinent parts of your post, print it, and carry it with me to remember what to say to them. Life in the joint, eh copper? You'll enjoy that I'm sure!

Geno

It's in the documentary from the good old days of Chicago...

What are you going to do about it, whitey?
good
you have to wear a dang mask whenever outside

ridiculous
Modoc County Sheriff?

hmmm...

Wasn't he a member here or was he a DA?
Originally Posted by Remsen

Geno

That's where I get all my info about these things.............

Movies!

Geno
Our county did to, but not like yours. They have decided to defy the governor’s orders, and remain locked down.
As a Southerner, I can say, y'all need to secede. If the governor sends The Star Of The West to resupply Ft. Sumter, blow it out of the water!
Not the Sheriff.

This guy is alright in my eyes (for LE that is).

When he was undersheriff he personally called me to clear up an issue about a couple of things on my CCW application...............on a Saturday morning. In our talk I found that he would like to get our regulation changed that only allows us to carry any of the three pistols listed on our permit. He said, I'm a gun owner too, and when I walk out the door off duty I never know which of mine I want to carry depending on dress, etc. Why should the general public be so constrained? He attends our fund raisers, like for our dog rescue group (they help out raising money for the K-9 program ) and a few gun/hunting related ones. But, that said, he's in an elective office and has to do a certain amount of handshaking etc.

To show you how different it is around here, I was pulled over last year for a license plate light being out. Officer I had met before, comes up, asks about weapons in the car, I tell him I'm a CCW holder and I am armed. He says "How about this, you keep your in your pocket, I'll keep mine holstered too". That probably don't happen in LA county.

Not sure about the guy rumored to have been the prior DA. Haven't met him.

Geno
Geno that’s fantastic. I have some friends in Modoc and that should make them very happy. I was supposed to go fly fishing up there this summer. Hopefully I still make it out there.
You got stand for something, or you'll fall for anything!

Good on y'all!
Go Modoc. Woohoo!
You Californians may as well be living in China.

Best of luck.
Why don’t you just drive dry the State capital building and flip them the bird.

That’ll show them.

You Freedom radicals.....
Next time you fill up.....tell the attendant you don’t want any of that $3.50 gas to go towards funding the machine.

That will scare the tar out of the big government rulers out there.

You extremist radicals.....

Geno

I hate Illinois Nazis.
If the California Freedom Fighters run into trouble, I am all in for air-dropping some essential survival supplies.

Tattoo ink
Men’s Capri jeans
Sandals
Face masks that work with a man bun
Bulk packed tofu
That is good to know, gonna print that out.
Northern California doesn't seem to ever really give a damn what they think In Sacramento.
Congratulations!
Yreka was the Jefferson State Capitol historically, but maybe it oughta be moved to Alturas. 320 mi to Portland is too damn close. 316 mi to Sacramento is downright dangerous,,,lotta riff raff goin thru on I-5.
Ahhh....

Poor Mikey.

Some Californian been diddling your wife? Your momma?

Unbunch your panties and have a beer or six. You'll feel better soon.

Well, maybe not that soon. You are in Iowa after all...
Thank you for all you’ve done, California Freedom Fighter. Our country depends on your heroic actions.

Storm the beaches.....thumb your nose at the authorities......you wreckless rebel, you.

You show ‘em......you ain’t gonna take it.

Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley
Ahhh....

Poor Mikey.

Some Californian been diddling your wife? Your momma?

Unbunch your panties and have a beer or six. You'll feel better soon.

Well, maybe not that soon. You are in Iowa after all...

Its like trying to step in between a couple of indians having a lovers quarrel.

They both turn on you right quick.
Go Modoc. Flipping Sacramento the bird is a nice thought, but shoving it up their arse and breaking it off is probably more appropriate.
Iowa. Idiots out walking around. Don’t you have someplace to be walking around at, Mike? I am no fan of the government or some of the residents of California. But it is apparent that you either have never left Iowa, or possibly even your county, or you were buggered as a small boy by some fellas from California, since you think California is all man buns and skinny jeans.

Since you are so enthusiastic about trolling Californians about their resistance or lack thereof to government intrusion, maybe you would like to tell us all about how you patriots in Iowa blow off property taxes and then shoot the sheriff when he shows up to take the farm. Or run off road diesel in your pickups. Since y’all are the shining beacon of freedom, and all. Especially Sioux City. Peach of a town.

Feels great when someone trashes your state, don’t it?
The Supreme Court allowed sales tax for out of State internet transactions......which equates to a bunch of additional money for the State (Iowa).

Now, Republican Governor Reynolds wants another percentage point for sales tax.

Stupid.......and she is getting slack.

But, California is off the charts when it comes to stupidity. And the residents fund the stupidity. Gas taxes alone. Residents actually believe the State budget is in the black. It takes a special kind of ignorance to accept that. The State is on the verge of bankruptcy, even given the insanely high tax rates.

Likely traveled the world a little more than you have, OGW. No matter.

Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf
Iowa. Idiots out walking around. Don’t you have someplace to be walking around at, Mike? I am no fan of the government or some of the residents of California. But it is apparent that you either have never left Iowa, or possibly even your county, or you were buggered as a small boy by some fellas from California, since you think California is all man buns and skinny jeans.

Since you are so enthusiastic about trolling Californians about their resistance or lack thereof to government intrusion, maybe you would like to tell us all about how you patriots in Iowa blow off property taxes and then shoot the sheriff when he shows up to take the farm. Or run off road diesel in your pickups. Since y’all are the shining beacon of freedom, and all. Especially Sioux City. Peach of a town.

Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf

If Mikey trashed the state, and then moved on, actually had some other decent posts, well good on him.

But he's a one trick pony - "California this...", "California that..."

Now that you brought up the buggery angle, I think you may be on to something. But it's not that Mikey was molested. In fact, I'll revise my earlier thoughts about Mikey's mom and/or wife. This is all about Mikey.

You see, Mikey doth protest too much. Deep down inside, he knows he he loves man buns, double soy decaf machiattos and skinny jeans. But this secret love also repulses him. So he spends all his time on the forum here trying to show how anti-Californian he is. While secretly having that man-bun crush...

Poor guy.

And don't throw shade on good old Ioway. My dad was a Hawkeye. Of course, once he left in '54, he never set foot back in that state. Can't imagine why. What with it being so geographically striking. Or for those so inclined, such a hotbed of culture.
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Yreka was the Jefferson State Capitol historically, but maybe it oughta be moved to Alturas. 320 mi to Portland is too damn close. 316 mi to Sacramento is downright dangerous,,,lotta riff raff goin thru on I-5.

Put up high fences between Mt Shasta City and Roseburg. Thru traffic only... Locals would know what roads to take to get where they need to go. The riff raff can just stay on a through road to from Redding to Eugene or something.

Geno

Put up high fences between Mt Shasta City and Roseburg. Thru traffic only... Locals would know what roads to take to get where they need to go. The riff raff can just stay on a through road to from Redding to Eugene or something.

Geno

Can I still sneak in the back way? I do so enjoy the hospitalities of Wagontire for a respite.....

Tall tree
Short rope
Sudden stop

Or, just a slow, steady pull
Strolling around the California beach is so much like the shot heard around the world.

Act of courage, to be sure.

California Freedom Fighters, giving it to those in power.

Puttin’ ‘em in their place.

Making things right, an example for the rest of the country......how to keep and maintain personal liberty.
Valsdad I’ve been doing similar things, few cars on the road and cheap gas. So far no hassles from the cops.
Good info
Thx
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
Strolling around the California beach is so much like the shot heard around the world.

Act of courage, to be sure.

California Freedom Fighters, giving it to those in power.

Puttin’ ‘em in their place.

Making things right, an example for the rest of the country......how to keep and maintain personal liberty.

There goes Mr Wiener again showing his azz. He likes is so much in Iowa there he want's to bail for Wyoming... Fucqing hayseed hick and an ignorant one at that. Do Wyoming a favor and stay on the farm Buford...
Good deal on the counties decision! Hope some areas here in Pa give the same middle finger to our resident tyrant commie governor!
If the California Freedom Fighters run into trouble, I am all in for air-dropping some essential survival supplies.

Tattoo ink
Men’s Capri jeans
Sandals
Face masks that work with a man bun
Bulk packed tofu

Fireball will be right on top of that .
Originally Posted by Dutch

Geno

Can I still sneak in the back way? I do so enjoy the hospitalities of Wagontire for a respite.....

You likely know a road or three.

5 sucks in the winter anyway. Farm workers heading home to Mexico for the holidays............from the apple orchards in WA, in a van with 13 folks in it, towing a couple of dead Toyota trucks on a drive on trailer, or old crappers and other building materials from the remodels they do on their days off. And going 80 in the slow lane, weaving around the blueheads doing 55. Through the tule fog too. Dang I hated that drive at that time of year.

Hope things open up soon for you and you get to move some more product.

Geno
Gov. Gavin Newsom is closing a few ... 'meditation' and 'exploring rock pools'

It also gives a "non-exhaustive" list of permitted activities that, to some, likely reads as rather stereotypically Californian.

The list includes: exploring rock pools, kite boarding and kitesurfing, meditation, rock climbing, skateboarding (not in groups), and yoga.

Sounds like fun stuff for a tatted, nose-ringer, man-bun in Capri’s.

Don’t let them take the beaches, Freedom Fighters.

Your State is normal, everyone else is messed up.....tell yourself that while you’re meditating.....you are allowed, you know.
You do realize how ridiculous you look right Buford...Take your corn fed inbred and go stuff your self

It also gives a "non-exhaustive" list of permitted activities that, to some, likely reads as rather stereotypically Californian.

The list includes: exploring rock pools, kite boarding and kitesurfing, meditation, rock climbing, skateboarding (not in groups), and yoga.

Your State is normal, everyone else is messed up.....tell yourself that while you’re meditating.....you are allowed, you know.

You do realize how ridiculous you look right Buford...

You must be bored let me guess blew your stimulus check already.

Mama's out mudsharking and your down to your last goat.

Take your corn fed inbred sorry carcass and go stuff yourself.

You rude, toothless dickless sorry little excuse for a hayseed hick.

You have no balls, you have no honor and they wouldn't have you in Wyoming...
GRIZZ- isn’t there some California tax you should be paying?

Originally Posted by GRIZZ
You do realize how ridiculous you look right Buford...Take your corn fed inbred and go stuff your self

All paid up. What's the property tax like on your double wide Jethro?
GRIZZ- Cannot tell you enough how content we are with the current arrangement(s). You seem extremely agitated with it.

You deserve everything you get. Why does that bother you?

All paid up. What's the property tax like on your double wide Jethro?
MikeW you seem like a huge clam..
The streets here were packed with people out and about. Nobody seems too terrified and the police weren’t cracking any heads.
I got a dozen and a slab..

How’s IOWA doing today?
I’ve been called worse.....

Originally Posted by Certifiable
The streets here were packed with people out and about. Nobody seems too terrified and the police weren’t cracking any heads.

How’s IOWA doing today?

How’s IOWA doing today?

Hey dumb azz you ever wonder what your life would be like if you had enough oxygen at birth Mr M to the wiener ...
GRIZZ-
Congrats on your current position in life.
I wish you all the success you deserve.

How’s IOWA doing today?

Hey dumb azz you ever wonder what your life would be like if you had enough oxygen at birth Mr M to the wiener ...
GRIZZ-

How’s IOWA doing today?

Swell so you know everyone else's "position in life" on here with your crystal keyboard from your double wide parked in jerkwater Iowa. We all know your position in life that being a presumptive bloviating ass.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Geno

I hate Illinois Nazis.

Have you spent a lot of time there, or are you speaking only from inexperience? Just curious.
Here’s to a long life for you in California.....

GRIZZ-

How’s IOWA doing today?

Swell so you know everyone else's "position in life" on here with your crystal keyboard from your double wide parked in jerkwater Iowa. We all know your position in life that being a presumptive bloviating ass.
I sure wish Cal Pines had been open this weekend but Klamath Falls was just fine.

Cracks me up this MIKEWHINER schidt....

Grizz, your name calling is childish. When you resort to name calling its a confession that you lost. Let's be clear about that. If you can't respond on the merits, then go back to 3rd grade.
Originally Posted by Tarquin

Grizz, your name calling is childish. When you resort to name calling its a confession that you lost. Let's be clear about that. If you can't respond on the merits, then go back to 3rd grade.

Really have you read all of wieners post and how he lumps all 40 million Californians into one group? There's your definition of childish so preach to someone else... You can be 'clear' on that friend.
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans

Geno

I hate Illinois Nazis.

Have you spent a lot of time there, or are you speaking only from inexperience? Just curious.

Think about it some more.
Here’s to a long life for you in California.....

GRIZZ-

How’s IOWA doing today?

A few more years prick. There a few States where I rather be but Iowa ain't one of them. With all of California's faults I'd rather live here than anywhere East of the Continental Divide the West is the best we find away around all the BS gun laws, Great hunting fantastic fishing. We are allowed to hunt predators at night . A beautiful place. from the mountains the Sierra Nevada range to the Mojave Desert to the Pacific. So there a lot to enjoy here and do other than look a cornfields day in and day out Enjoy 'Iowa'.

Geno

I hate Illinois Nazis.

Think about it some more.

It might help him if he twists it and shakes his tail feathers as well.
Maybe, but I doubt it.

He should just take his full tank of gas, and his half pack of cigarettes and hit it.
Maybe, but I doubt it.

He should just take his full tank of gas, and his half pack of cigarettes and hit it.

Prolly right. He'll look funny trying to eat corn on the cob, that's for sure.
Hey....you want an orange whip?
Maybe, but I doubt it.

Don't forget the sunglasses. You gotta have sunglasses.

How’s IOWA doing today?

Tognazzini's Restaurant,eh?

German or French food there? Maybe Lithuanian? grin

Glad you had a nice day. I could go for some more seafood after out nice bluefin meal last week.

Maybe I need to make a run to the coast, Eureka is just a 6-7 hour drive, and I have friends in the Humboldt.

Geno
Originally Posted by Higbean
I sure wish Cal Pines had been open this weekend but Klamath Falls was just fine.

Have a Dr appt up there next week I think. Might stop in for some "reloading supplies" at the Sportsman's or Bi-Mart there. wink

And maybe eat at a restaurant that has food we don't get here.

What the heck were you going to Cal-Pines for? Just a visit? Have a property there?

Geno
Maybe, but I doubt it.

Maybe, but I doubt it.

Prolly right. He'll look funny trying to eat corn on the cob, that's for sure.

Originally Posted by dassa
Maybe, but I doubt it.

Don't forget the sunglasses. You gotta have sunglasses.

That Night Train is a mean wine.

and never forget......

Uh, so look, your date don't work out tonight for any reason uh, there's a motel up on the Interstate uh, maybe we could say uh, meet, around uh midnight?

Geno
I can only speak to my experience with CA authorities and the quarantine...I've refused to comply and have been hassled by cops, including this morning as I was on a mt bike ride. In these parts, you have to wear a dang mask whenever outside (or so the local LEO says), etc. The funny thing is that I am very respectful to the cops when they stop me (and I am not black). I don't give them overt attitude but I ask for an explanation as to why they think I am violating the law. The cops usually start out with a speech about the power of the state in a crisis and then go on to lecture me.

I usually let them talk for as long as they want, then I take my business card out and hand it to the cop and ask him to google my name and the name of my law firm. It often will take a few tries, but I also explain that I enjoy litigating civil rights claims and set out the basics of 42 USC 1983 and 18 USC 242, and how following unconstitutional orders won't protect them from a court finding that they have deprived me of my civil rights. Usually, the cops want to argue about the issue of an emergency situation and civil rights and I'll let them blather on, but I always respond by pointing out that the Supreme Court has NEVER given states the right to deprive individuals of basic rights on an arbitrary basis, even during a crisis, and end with "did you know that if you're found to have violated 18 USC 242 you can go to jail for life? How are police treated in jail?"

It always has ended with the cop wagging a finger at me, telling me that I'll be able to go this time but next time I'll end up with a citation.

I enjoyed that so much, I read it twice .... and the second time slower just to enjoy it more..
thanks for posting Remsen...

Geno

so Geno, you live in Alturas or one of the few smaller coffee stain on a map towns...Ft Belknap or Cedarville?

or just good old Rural Modoc?

been a while since I've been down that way, but always enjoy it when I do...

nice country and nice folks down that way....its almost like its not modern day California...

or like California 1922....

Have a Dr appt up there next week I think. Might stop in for some "reloading supplies" at the Sportsman's or Bi-Mart there. wink

What the heck were you going to Cal-Pines for? Just a visit? Have a property there?

Geno

We stay at the lodge when we go squirrel shooting.

Cheap rooms, full bar and the food is great.

Geno

I hate Illinois Nazis.

I think that's a Blues Brothers reference, but I could be wrong.....
Originally Posted by Sycamore

Geno

I hate Illinois Nazis.

I think that's a Blues Brothers reference, but I could be wrong.....

[Linked Image from i.kym-cdn.com]
Originally Posted by Seafire

Geno

so Geno, you live in Alturas or one of the few smaller coffee stain on a map towns...Ft Belknap or Cedarville?

nice country and nice folks down that way....its almost like its not modern day California...

My firewood/fencepost pile, the BLM fence and the "neighbors", and my "backyard" in the distance.

Rural enough for me.

smile smile

Geno

We stay at the lodge when we go squirrel shooting.

Cheap rooms, full bar and the food is great.

well, next year if you come up this way, shoot me a PM and I'll meet you there for a coffee and a meal maybe. It's not that far away.

Geno
Not the Sheriff.

When he was undersheriff he personally called me to clear up an issue about a couple of things on my CCW application...............on a Saturday morning. In our talk I found that he would like to get our regulation changed that only allows us to carry any of the three pistols listed on our permit. He said, I'm a gun owner too, and when I walk out the door off duty I never know which of mine I want to carry depending on dress, etc. Why should the general public be so constrained? He attends our fund raisers, like for our dog rescue group (they help out raising money for the K-9 program ) and a few gun/hunting related ones. But, that said, he's in an elective office and has to do a certain amount of handshaking etc.

To show you how different it is around here, I was pulled over last year for a license plate light being out. Officer I had met before, comes up, asks about weapons in the car, I tell him I'm a CCW holder and I am armed. He says "How about this, you keep your in your pocket, I'll keep mine holstered too". That probably don't happen in LA county.

Geno

HI Geno. I would've thought Modoc to be progressive on the permit like Tehama county. The gals in the Sheriffs office would put a small font ball on the old IBM selectric so you could put five guns on your permit. Got pulled over once for speeding on 36 by Westwood and the CHP officer was one of those LEOs that didn't think the public should be allowed to carry. He ran all five of the serial numbers to make sure they were registered which took some time. He was flustered as I was packing two of them at the time. He did let me off with a warning though.
Originally Posted by Seafire

Geno

My firewood/fencepost pile, the BLM fence and the "neighbors", and my "backyard" in the distance.

Rural enough for me.

smile smile

I used to hunt a bit east of Cassel and your pic looks identical to that area. One of my favorite parts of California. If only the whole state were like your area.
Originally Posted by JLimbo
Not the Sheriff.

Geno

HI Geno. I would've thought Modoc to be progressive on the permit like Tehama county. The gals in the Sheriffs office would put a small font ball on the old IBM selectric so you could put five guns on your permit. Got pulled over once for speeding on 36 by Westwood and the CHP officer was one of those LEOs that didn't think the public should be allowed to carry. He ran all five of the serial numbers to make sure they were registered which took some time. He was flustered as I was packing two of them at the time. He did let me off with a warning though.

there's actually space for more on the permit, on the back I think?

But, it seems a long time ago the County, in all its wisdom, made three the number we are "allowed".

Lawmaking is so weird, everywhere. Did you know that the counties have the power to say "Yay or Nay" on an anterless deer hunt, no matter what the DFG and their biologist think is best for the herd and the habitat?

The County rule about three is what the Sheriff would like to try to change, but with The Corona thing it's probably not at the forefront of his priorities.

Geno

PS, the thing about the CHP running the numbers is exactly why I played by the rules when I moved back. Didn't want a warden or such running the numbers on a rifle or other and finding out I didn't follow the rules.
Cassel area is way cool. Wish I could get access to some of the private " Hat Creek" fishing spots. Worked on one while on a school project, the landowners/lease club got some good work out of us for a couple of days of access.

Sometimes wish my wife's last job had ended up being in Burney area, more trees, closer to better medical care................but more people and low lifes from the Redding area etc.
© 24hourcampfire