Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Maybe, but I doubt it.

He should just take his full tank of gas, and his half pack of cigarettes and hit it.

Prolly right. He'll look funny trying to eat corn on the cob, that's for sure.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Hey....you want an orange whip?

I am MAGA.
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Maybe, but I doubt it.

He should just take his full tank of gas, and his half pack of cigarettes and hit it.

Don't forget the sunglasses. You gotta have sunglasses.

Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Certifiable
MikeW you seem like a huge clam..
The streets here were packed with people out and about. Nobody seems too terrified and the police weren’t cracking any heads.
I got a dozen and a slab..
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

How’s IOWA doing today?

Tognazzini's Restaurant,eh?

German or French food there? Maybe Lithuanian? grin

Glad you had a nice day. I could go for some more seafood after out nice bluefin meal last week.

Maybe I need to make a run to the coast, Eureka is just a 6-7 hour drive, and I have friends in the Humboldt.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Higbean
I sure wish Cal Pines had been open this weekend but Klamath Falls was just fine.

Cracks me up this MIKEWHINER schidt....

Have a Dr appt up there next week I think. Might stop in for some "reloading supplies" at the Sportsman's or Bi-Mart there. wink

And maybe eat at a restaurant that has food we don't get here.

What the heck were you going to Cal-Pines for? Just a visit? Have a property there?

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

IC B2

Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Maybe, but I doubt it.

Originally Posted by Remsen
Maybe, but I doubt it.

Prolly right. He'll look funny trying to eat corn on the cob, that's for sure.

Originally Posted by dassa
Maybe, but I doubt it.

Don't forget the sunglasses. You gotta have sunglasses.

That Night Train is a mean wine.

and never forget......

Uh, so look, your date don't work out tonight for any reason uh, there's a motel up on the Interstate uh, maybe we could say uh, meet, around uh midnight?

Geno

In it is contentment

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I can only speak to my experience with CA authorities and the quarantine...I've refused to comply and have been hassled by cops, including this morning as I was on a mt bike ride. In these parts, you have to wear a dang mask whenever outside (or so the local LEO says), etc. The funny thing is that I am very respectful to the cops when they stop me (and I am not black). I don't give them overt attitude but I ask for an explanation as to why they think I am violating the law. The cops usually start out with a speech about the power of the state in a crisis and then go on to lecture me.

I usually let them talk for as long as they want, then I take my business card out and hand it to the cop and ask him to google my name and the name of my law firm. It often will take a few tries, but I also explain that I enjoy litigating civil rights claims and set out the basics of 42 USC 1983 and 18 USC 242, and how following unconstitutional orders won't protect them from a court finding that they have deprived me of my civil rights. Usually, the cops want to argue about the issue of an emergency situation and civil rights and I'll let them blather on, but I always respond by pointing out that the Supreme Court has NEVER given states the right to deprive individuals of basic rights on an arbitrary basis, even during a crisis, and end with "did you know that if you're found to have violated 18 USC 242 you can go to jail for life? How are police treated in jail?"

It always has ended with the cop wagging a finger at me, telling me that I'll be able to go this time but next time I'll end up with a citation.

I enjoyed that so much, I read it twice .... and the second time slower just to enjoy it more..
thanks for posting Remsen...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Valsdad

So yeah, Cali sucks, there's no good places left here.

Geno

so Geno, you live in Alturas or one of the few smaller coffee stain on a map towns...Ft Belknap or Cedarville?

or just good old Rural Modoc?

been a while since I've been down that way, but always enjoy it when I do...

nice country and nice folks down that way....its almost like its not modern day California...

or like California 1922....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
I sure wish Cal Pines had been open this weekend but Klamath Falls was just fine.

Have a Dr appt up there next week I think. Might stop in for some "reloading supplies" at the Sportsman's or Bi-Mart there. wink

What the heck were you going to Cal-Pines for? Just a visit? Have a property there?

Geno

We stay at the lodge when we go squirrel shooting.

Cheap rooms, full bar and the food is great.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
I need to copy the pertinent parts of your post, print it, and carry it with me to remember what to say to them. Life in the joint, eh copper? You'll enjoy that I'm sure!

Not black? Mmmmnn? But you use them as muscle, right??

Geno

It's in the documentary from the good old days of Chicago...

What are you going to do about it, whitey?

I hate Illinois Nazis.

Have you spent a lot of time there, or are you speaking only from inexperience? Just curious.

I think that's a Blues Brothers reference, but I could be wrong.....

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
I need to copy the pertinent parts of your post, print it, and carry it with me to remember what to say to them. Life in the joint, eh copper? You'll enjoy that I'm sure!

Not black? Mmmmnn? But you use them as muscle, right??

Geno

It's in the documentary from the good old days of Chicago...

What are you going to do about it, whitey?

I hate Illinois Nazis.

Have you spent a lot of time there, or are you speaking only from inexperience? Just curious.

I think that's a Blues Brothers reference, but I could be wrong.....

[Linked Image from i.kym-cdn.com]

Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Seafire

Geno

so Geno, you live in Alturas or one of the few smaller coffee stain on a map towns...Ft Belknap or Cedarville?

nice country and nice folks down that way....its almost like its not modern day California...

My firewood/fencepost pile, the BLM fence and the "neighbors", and my "backyard" in the distance.

Rural enough for me.

smile smile

In it is contentment

Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

Geno

We stay at the lodge when we go squirrel shooting.

Cheap rooms, full bar and the food is great.

well, next year if you come up this way, shoot me a PM and I'll meet you there for a coffee and a meal maybe. It's not that far away.

Geno

In it is contentment

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Not the Sheriff.

This guy is alright in my eyes (for LE that is).

When he was undersheriff he personally called me to clear up an issue about a couple of things on my CCW application...............on a Saturday morning. In our talk I found that he would like to get our regulation changed that only allows us to carry any of the three pistols listed on our permit. He said, I'm a gun owner too, and when I walk out the door off duty I never know which of mine I want to carry depending on dress, etc. Why should the general public be so constrained? He attends our fund raisers, like for our dog rescue group (they help out raising money for the K-9 program ) and a few gun/hunting related ones. But, that said, he's in an elective office and has to do a certain amount of handshaking etc.

To show you how different it is around here, I was pulled over last year for a license plate light being out. Officer I had met before, comes up, asks about weapons in the car, I tell him I'm a CCW holder and I am armed. He says "How about this, you keep your in your pocket, I'll keep mine holstered too". That probably don't happen in LA county.

Not sure about the guy rumored to have been the prior DA. Haven't met him.

Geno

HI Geno. I would've thought Modoc to be progressive on the permit like Tehama county. The gals in the Sheriffs office would put a small font ball on the old IBM selectric so you could put five guns on your permit. Got pulled over once for speeding on 36 by Westwood and the CHP officer was one of those LEOs that didn't think the public should be allowed to carry. He ran all five of the serial numbers to make sure they were registered which took some time. He was flustered as I was packing two of them at the time. He did let me off with a warning though.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Seafire

Geno

My firewood/fencepost pile, the BLM fence and the "neighbors", and my "backyard" in the distance.

Rural enough for me.

smile smile

I used to hunt a bit east of Cassel and your pic looks identical to that area. One of my favorite parts of California. If only the whole state were like your area.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JLimbo
Not the Sheriff.

This guy is alright in my eyes (for LE that is).

When he was undersheriff he personally called me to clear up an issue about a couple of things on my CCW application...............on a Saturday morning. In our talk I found that he would like to get our regulation changed that only allows us to carry any of the three pistols listed on our permit. He said, I'm a gun owner too, and when I walk out the door off duty I never know which of mine I want to carry depending on dress, etc. Why should the general public be so constrained? He attends our fund raisers, like for our dog rescue group (they help out raising money for the K-9 program ) and a few gun/hunting related ones. But, that said, he's in an elective office and has to do a certain amount of handshaking etc.

To show you how different it is around here, I was pulled over last year for a license plate light being out. Officer I had met before, comes up, asks about weapons in the car, I tell him I'm a CCW holder and I am armed. He says "How about this, you keep your in your pocket, I'll keep mine holstered too". That probably don't happen in LA county.

Not sure about the guy rumored to have been the prior DA. Haven't met him.

Geno

HI Geno. I would've thought Modoc to be progressive on the permit like Tehama county. The gals in the Sheriffs office would put a small font ball on the old IBM selectric so you could put five guns on your permit. Got pulled over once for speeding on 36 by Westwood and the CHP officer was one of those LEOs that didn't think the public should be allowed to carry. He ran all five of the serial numbers to make sure they were registered which took some time. He was flustered as I was packing two of them at the time. He did let me off with a warning though.

there's actually space for more on the permit, on the back I think?

But, it seems a long time ago the County, in all its wisdom, made three the number we are "allowed".

Lawmaking is so weird, everywhere. Did you know that the counties have the power to say "Yay or Nay" on an anterless deer hunt, no matter what the DFG and their biologist think is best for the herd and the habitat?

The County rule about three is what the Sheriff would like to try to change, but with The Corona thing it's probably not at the forefront of his priorities.

Geno

PS, the thing about the CHP running the numbers is exactly why I played by the rules when I moved back. Didn't want a warden or such running the numbers on a rifle or other and finding out I didn't follow the rules.

In it is contentment

Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Cassel area is way cool. Wish I could get access to some of the private " Hat Creek" fishing spots. Worked on one while on a school project, the landowners/lease club got some good work out of us for a couple of days of access.

Sometimes wish my wife's last job had ended up being in Burney area, more trees, closer to better medical care................but more people and low lifes from the Redding area etc.

In it is contentment

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

641 members (007FJ, 160user, 1minute, 1234, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 66 invisible), 2,828 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,370
Posts18,469,135
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.