Home
Tesla tried to resume operations on Friday at their Fremont plant. He got the "we're all in this together" hand. He's not happy.

Elon Musk said in a tweet that Tesla will move its headquarters from California to the greener pastures of Texas or Nevada. The threat stems from Musk's desire to reopen Tesla's manufacturing plant in Fremont, California, as quickly as possible, despite the fact that Alameda County, where the factory is located, is scheduled to remain under lockdown until the end of May. At present, only businesses deemed essential are allowed to open.

"Tesla has been informed that they do not meet those criteria and must not reopen," a spokeswoman for the Alameda County Public Health Department said in a statement.

Frankly, this is the final straw. Tesla will now move its HQ and future programs to Texas/Nevada immediately. If we even retain Fremont manufacturing activity at all, it will be dependen on how Tesla is treated in the future. Tesla is the last carmaker left in CA.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/elon-musk-threatens-move-tesla-184733475.html
Good move
Here's his latest Tweet:

Tesla is filing a lawsuit against Alameda County immediately. The unelected & ignorant “Interim Health Officer” of Alameda is acting contrary to the Governor, the President, our Constitutional freedoms & just plain common sense!
no link
If they keep electing Communists, that state will be like a third world country in 5 years.
Probably the greatest regulatory nightmare in the United States.
Originally Posted by 1minute

Can confirm. It's almost like California doesn't want people to own businesses.
it'll never happen
That is sweet. How bad is it, when the liberal darling of the green movement threatens to GTF out of California? HAHAHA,
MAGA!

Anyone who has been involved with manufacturing operations in CA understands that this ^^^^^^ is the understatement of the year...
The stupidest part of the govt decision is that this type of plant uses a lot of robotics, and hence, probably one of the biggest no brainiers, compared to some other businesses, from a social distancing standpoint. Then again, you need a brain for the term no brainier to be relevant.

Absolutely agree.

Beulah land turn into the pit of Hades.....
Good for him!
Originally Posted by reivertom
If they keep electing Communists, that state will be like a third world country in 5 years.

That right there is just plain funny...
Please, please, please dont let them move to Arizona. Or Texas.

Or if they do, dont let them bring anyone with them.
Good to see Musk getting fugged by his own democrat leanings.
Pretty sure that Fremont CA. Tesla plant was where Toyota built the '97 Tacoma I had until I picked up my current '09 Tacoma at the end of August 2008, which was also built there IIRC. I think Toyota was there until 2010 or so before they got sick of dealing with the azzwipes that run California. It's the same reason a lot of manufacturing has left NY state, too...... Politically correct azzwipes that treat large industries like fecal matter.
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver

Agreed. The influx of West Coast businesses that are “relocating due to red tape” and illegals from the south are turning Texas blue at a RAPID rate!!!

The irony for both groups... they both come to Texas for what we have to offer (a better life,) then quickly get outspoken on wanting us to change the way we do things...

It absolutely pisses me off to see red, white, and green flags flying all over this state. If you love Mexico so much, please, get your ass back there!
Please, please don't bring more of California liberals to Nevada, we've taken more than our share with the Tesla battery factory. Turned Washoe County ( Nevada) solid blue. We now have two Dem Senators and a Dem Governor who is truly a piece of crap. Your not welcome here, thanks!
. Elon Musk said in a tweet that Tesla will move its headquarters from California to the greener pastures of Texas or Nevada.

Really, Nevada, do he even Know who runs NV AND the extent of the lockdown restrictions placed on citizens, businesses and physicians by the Democrats that run NV

[bleep] dumb ass
Tesla isn't going anywhere. Besides, the link says he wants to move the HQ. That wouldn't change anything and he knows he can't build a new assembly plant anywhere else.
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
Here's his latest Tweet:

Tesla is filing a lawsuit against Alameda County immediately. The unelected & ignorant “Interim Health Officer” of Alameda is acting contrary to the Governor, the President, our Constitutional freedoms & just plain common sense!

That's funny. He mentions the Constitution in a lefist schitthole.
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Tesla isn't going anywhere. Besides, the link says he wants to move the HQ. That wouldn't change anything and he knows he can't build a new assembly plant anywhere else.

What do you mean he can't build a new assembly plant anywhere? Toyota just moved north of Dallas. I'm willing to bet you that TX would work with him if he wants to build a plant here. TX isn't real union friendly so it would be a good move for him as long as he remembers that TX isn't CA and we don't want to be CA.

Sir, in certain parts, we got there about three years ago.

Last year when I spent a week in southern California I just kept thinking that this place was probably a really nice place to live 50 years ago. By liberal standards I guess it's better now though, more diversity and welfare programs.

Why would Musk even consider Nevada. That place is just a few years behind California. I'd mention the Boise area but it's already overrun.

Bb

you are about 25 years late. it was third world when i left in 92.
Tesla tried to resume operations on Friday at their Fremont plant. He got the "we're all in this together" hand. He's not happy.

Elon Musk said in a tweet that Tesla will move its headquarters from California to the greener pastures of Texas or Nevada. The threat stems from Musk's desire to reopen Tesla's manufacturing plant in Fremont, California, as quickly as possible, despite the fact that Alameda County, where the factory is located, is scheduled to remain under lockdown until the end of May. At present, only businesses deemed essential are allowed to open.

"Tesla has been informed that they do not meet those criteria and must not reopen," a spokeswoman for the Alameda County Public Health Department said in a statement.

Frankly, this is the final straw. Tesla will now move its HQ and future programs to Texas/Nevada immediately. If we even retain Fremont manufacturing activity at all, it will be dependen on how Tesla is treated in the future. Tesla is the last carmaker left in CA.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/elon-musk-threatens-move-tesla-184733475.html

Recording of meeting with Cal lefties and Musk.

You are a bitch.

No...you are a bitch.

You are a bigger bitch.

You are such a bitch.

etc.
Elon was on Joe Rogan Podcast last week. He mentioned a lot of people died for our freedoms, and that we were giving up too many civil liberties for the Covid threat. He also plumbed up Rogan on deaths being attributed to Covid that are suspect. Surprisingly, he even acknowledged the hospital's financial incentives for over reporting Covid cases.
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
Last year when I spent a week in southern California I just kept thinking that this place was probably a really nice place to live 50 years ago. By liberal standards I guess it's better now though, more diversity and welfare programs.

Why would Musk even consider Nevada. That place is just a few years behind California. I'd mention the Boise area but it's already overrun.

Bb

Don't even mention Boise. The worst thing to ever happen to this state was Micron moving into Boise. Our quality of life has been steadily swirling into the toilet ever since.

The likes of Elon Musk is the absolute last thing this valley needs. People are already commuting 60 to 75 miles into Boise because there is no housing available. And what they can find available is priced out of reach.
CA tends to drive out most businesses that try to make money and provide employment. Doubt things will change anytime soon. How many have left all ready? Bianci, Weatherby, Buck, and most likely many many more.
Musk is more friend than enemy when it comes to the preservation of the United States.

Some of you have a lot to learn.
Originally Posted by deflave
Musk is more friend than enemy when it comes to the preservation of the United States.

Some of you have a lot to learn.

Fake News....he likes outer space and electric vehicles. Plus he ripped a joint on the Joe Rogan podcast. Definitely a commie
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I just kept thinking that this place was probably a really nice place to live 50 years ago.

It sucked 40 years ago- - - - -I bailed out and moved back to America in 1980!
Jerry
Rong. He likes money a la taxpayer subsidies. He’s the biggest welfare recipient to ever walk the face of this earth!
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
Rong.

Thanks for trying.
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver

Beat me to it. Austin is already full of fruits and nuts. Hasbeen
Originally Posted by MAC

What do you mean he can't build a new assembly plant anywhere? Toyota just moved north of Dallas. I'm willing to bet you that TX would work with him if he wants to build a plant here. TX isn't real union friendly so it would be a good move for him as long as he remembers that TX isn't CA and we don't want to be CA.

Toyota makes money, Tesla doesn't. They "could" build a plant anywhere, but they won't.
Originally Posted by MAC

Toyota makes money, Tesla doesn't. They "could" build a plant anywhere, but they won't.

I suspect that after building a complete assembly plant in Shanghai in just over a year, Tesla might be able to build another one.

As far as California being anti-manufacturing, that's pretty obvious. Almost as much as they are against any other business. The state is run by bureaucrats that believe their job is "revenue maximization".
I'd love to see him move his business.
Musk is a leader in the environmental cult, one of the cornerstones of the Democrat Party, he's bashing government over reach, and people here still can't find value in that.
It's already working:

A California assemblywoman has drawn outrage with a blunt attack on Tesla’s plans to quit the Golden state — tweeting, “F–k Elon Musk.”

Lorena Gonzalez sent the tweet late Saturday night shortly after Musk, 48, said he would move his pioneering tech company to either Texas or Nevada because of an ongoing spat about reopening in California.

The progressive Democrat’s blunt message sparked outrage by many of her followers, with her being called “classless” and an embarrassment to the communities she represents.

I really don't know anything about Elon Musk's politics, but I think it may be flawed logic to assume that, just because he makes a product that is the dream of leftist tree-huggers, he supports the left politically.

https://fortune.com/2018/07/15/elon-musk-donations-republicans-controversy/
Originally Posted by cra1948

I really don't know anything about Elon Musk's politics, but I think it may be flawed logic to assume that, just because he makes a product that is the dream of leftist tree-huggers, he supports the left politically.

It doesn't matter. He's a leader in that community. And he's fighting government over reach. At least some of them will listen.

I agree. And I think a lot of people are not set in stone politically either on the left or right oftentimes have see the light moments and this is one of those moments for him.

Regardless, he is probably the most ambitious person on this planet right now and I think his vision of what he wants to do in his lifetime is a higher priority for him than politics.
Originally Posted by 22250rem
Pretty sure that Fremont CA. Tesla plant was where Toyota built the '97 Tacoma I had until I picked up my current '09 Tacoma at the end of August 2008, which was also built there IIRC. I think Toyota was there until 2010 or so before they got sick of dealing with the azzwipes that run California. It's the same reason a lot of manufacturing has left NY state, too...... Politically correct azzwipes that treat large industries like fecal matter.

You can count Ill-annoy in the overtaxed ranks. Look how long Winchester's ammo plant was in East Alton, Ill, until the last straw was added to their backs, and they packed up everything and moved to MS. Frankly, their quality left along with all the machinery, but got lost on the way to MS. Danged near every decent company has left Illinois, excepting maybe Caterpillar.
Workers spotted arriving at Fremont. Elon is basically telling Alameda County to go FT.
Originally Posted by Futura

I agree. And I think a lot of people are not set in stone politically either on the left or right oftentimes have see the light moments and this is one of those moments for him.

Regardless, he is probably the most ambitious person on this planet right now and I think his vision of what he wants to do in his lifetime is a higher priority for him than politics.

He's a weird mother trucker.
He's a South African, not known for their humility and they have a low tolerance for BS. If he's been slumming with the left maybe this will open his eyes a bit more.

Bb
It's already working:

A California assemblywoman has drawn outrage with a blunt attack on Tesla’s plans to quit the Golden state — tweeting, “F–k Elon Musk.”

Lorena Gonzalez sent the tweet late Saturday night shortly after Musk, 48, said he would move his pioneering tech company to either Texas or Nevada because of an ongoing spat about reopening in California.

The progressive Democrat’s blunt message sparked outrage by many of her followers, with her being called “classless” and an embarrassment to the communities she represents.

I hope he does leave CA. These commies want to play stupid games, they're gonna win stupid prizes.
Good [bleep] riddance... we don't need him. But after the open mouth disease, he won't walk on the sweetheart deal he got putting the plant in place... if he does in trying to save face, GREAT... bye-bye!

Phil.
Trump helped him out a bit with his latest Tweet:

California should let Tesla & @elonmusk open the plant, NOW. It can be done Fast & Safely!
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Good [bleep] riddance... we don't need him. But after the open mouth disease, he won't walk on the sweetheart deal he got putting the plant in place... if he does in trying to save face, GREAT... bye-bye!

Phil.

Hurt Feelers Much?
© 24hourcampfire