Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'd love to see him move his business.

Yup.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Musk is a leader in the environmental cult, one of the cornerstones of the Democrat Party, he's bashing government over reach, and people here still can't find value in that.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
It's already working:

A California assemblywoman has drawn outrage with a blunt attack on Tesla’s plans to quit the Golden state — tweeting, “F–k Elon Musk.”

Lorena Gonzalez sent the tweet late Saturday night shortly after Musk, 48, said he would move his pioneering tech company to either Texas or Nevada because of an ongoing spat about reopening in California.

The progressive Democrat’s blunt message sparked outrage by many of her followers, with her being called “classless” and an embarrassment to the communities she represents.

MOLON LABE
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

I really don't know anything about Elon Musk's politics, but I think it may be flawed logic to assume that, just because he makes a product that is the dream of leftist tree-huggers, he supports the left politically.

https://fortune.com/2018/07/15/elon-musk-donations-republicans-controversy/

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cra1948

I really don't know anything about Elon Musk's politics, but I think it may be flawed logic to assume that, just because he makes a product that is the dream of leftist tree-huggers, he supports the left politically.

It doesn't matter. He's a leader in that community. And he's fighting government over reach. At least some of them will listen.

MOLON LABE
IC B2

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F

I agree. And I think a lot of people are not set in stone politically either on the left or right oftentimes have see the light moments and this is one of those moments for him.

Regardless, he is probably the most ambitious person on this planet right now and I think his vision of what he wants to do in his lifetime is a higher priority for him than politics.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by 22250rem
Pretty sure that Fremont CA. Tesla plant was where Toyota built the '97 Tacoma I had until I picked up my current '09 Tacoma at the end of August 2008, which was also built there IIRC. I think Toyota was there until 2010 or so before they got sick of dealing with the azzwipes that run California. It's the same reason a lot of manufacturing has left NY state, too...... Politically correct azzwipes that treat large industries like fecal matter.

You can count Ill-annoy in the overtaxed ranks. Look how long Winchester's ammo plant was in East Alton, Ill, until the last straw was added to their backs, and they packed up everything and moved to MS. Frankly, their quality left along with all the machinery, but got lost on the way to MS. Danged near every decent company has left Illinois, excepting maybe Caterpillar.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Workers spotted arriving at Fremont. Elon is basically telling Alameda County to go FT.

MOLON LABE
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Futura

I agree. And I think a lot of people are not set in stone politically either on the left or right oftentimes have see the light moments and this is one of those moments for him.

Regardless, he is probably the most ambitious person on this planet right now and I think his vision of what he wants to do in his lifetime is a higher priority for him than politics.

He's a weird mother trucker.

MAGA
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
He's a South African, not known for their humility and they have a low tolerance for BS. If he's been slumming with the left maybe this will open his eyes a bit more.

Bb

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
It's already working:

A California assemblywoman has drawn outrage with a blunt attack on Tesla’s plans to quit the Golden state — tweeting, “F–k Elon Musk.”

Lorena Gonzalez sent the tweet late Saturday night shortly after Musk, 48, said he would move his pioneering tech company to either Texas or Nevada because of an ongoing spat about reopening in California.

The progressive Democrat’s blunt message sparked outrage by many of her followers, with her being called “classless” and an embarrassment to the communities she represents.

I hope he does leave CA. These commies want to play stupid games, they're gonna win stupid prizes.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Good [bleep] riddance... we don't need him. But after the open mouth disease, he won't walk on the sweetheart deal he got putting the plant in place... if he does in trying to save face, GREAT... bye-bye!

Phil.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Trump helped him out a bit with his latest Tweet:

California should let Tesla & @elonmusk open the plant, NOW. It can be done Fast & Safely!

MOLON LABE
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Good [bleep] riddance... we don't need him. But after the open mouth disease, he won't walk on the sweetheart deal he got putting the plant in place... if he does in trying to save face, GREAT... bye-bye!

Phil.

Hurt Feelers Much?

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (1OntarioJim, 1badf350, 222ND, 257Bob, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 260Remguy, 59 invisible), 2,483 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,908
Posts18,518,596
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.