Home
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Fancy Food - 05/18/20
What's the fanciest dish you guys like to eat and or have prepared?

I don't eat out much, except on the odd occasion to get wings or a burger. Sometimes a steak, but by and large we just eat at home. My wife is a good cook, but is an outdoorsy gal and doesn't have the patience for anything long and drawn out in the kitchen so it's casseroles, crockpot, etc etc.

My daughter on the other hand has discovered that she loves loves loves making food. Mostly baking, but really just making food. Which is funny because she hates anything with flavor, i.e. spices like salt and pepper lol. Anyways, long story short when she started getting into the whole food thing a year ago or so I asked her to make some creme brûlée. I've never had it, only seen it in pictures but it always looked so good. Totally forgot about it, till Christmas time and on her list of requested gifts was a double boiler. I asked her why that? She said she needed one to make creme brûlée. Last night she finally made it.

Oh my goodness, talk about good stuff. Took her quite awhile as I guess it's an involved process, but I gotta say for now at least that's my favorite fancy food.
Posted By: deflave Re: Fancy Food - 05/18/20
You bought your little girl a gift so she could make a dish you’ve always wanted to try?
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: Fancy Food - 05/18/20
Yes.
Posted By: auk1124 Re: Fancy Food - 05/18/20
Creme Brulee is really good. I like it too. My tastes run pretty simple, but on occasion I like lobster or scallops at restaurants. I would never fool with making something like that at home.

If I go out to a decent sit-down restaurant, I will order seafood nine times out of ten.
Posted By: Dryfly24 Re: Fancy Food - 05/18/20
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

I don't eat out much, except on the odd occasion to get wings or a burger. Sometimes a steak, but by and large we just eat at home. My wife is a good cook, but is an outdoorsy gal and doesn't have the patience for anything long and drawn out in the kitchen so it's casseroles, crockpot, etc etc.

My daughter on the other hand has discovered that she loves loves loves making food. Mostly baking, but really just making food. Which is funny because she hates anything with flavor, i.e. spices like salt and pepper lol. Anyways, long story short when she started getting into the whole food thing a year ago or so I asked her to make some creme brûlée. I've never had it, only seen it in pictures but it always looked so good. Totally forgot about it, till Christmas time and on her list of requested gifts was a double boiler. I asked her why that? She said she needed one to make creme brûlée. Last night she finally made it.

Oh my goodness, talk about good stuff. Took her quite awhile as I guess it's an involved process, but I gotta say for now at least that's my favorite fancy food.

Crime brûlée is my all time favorite desert. Been eating it since I as a kid because my mom made it all the time. Admittedly I’m kind of a food snob in that I do like “fancy“ food. And lucky for me so does my wife who is an excellent cook and enjoys preparing complex meals. Hell so do I on occasion.

There are a lot of recipes I can fall back on passed down from my folks and grand folks straight out of the old country which here in our country are considered “fancy”, but in Europe are really just staple dishes. I guess it’s just perspective.
Originally Posted by deflave
You bought your little girl a gift so she could make a dish you’ve always wanted to try?

Yes.

Damn smart right there...
Posted By: KFWA Re: Fancy Food - 05/18/20
not the fanciest but speaking of daughter baking - mine has started making homemade cinnamon rolls

holy cow are they good

and fattening
Originally Posted by KFWA
not the fanciest but speaking of daughter baking - mine has started making homemade cinnamon rolls

holy cow are they good

and fattening

My daughter makes Guinness cupcakes - and yes it is what is sounds like. Holy Schit they are good...
Posted By: Morewood Re: Fancy Food - 05/18/20

A gift that just keeps on giving.
Originally Posted by Dryfly24

Crime brûlée is my all time favorite desert. Been eating it since I as a kid because my mom made it all the time. Admittedly I’m kind of a food snob in that I do like “fancy“ food. And lucky for me so does my wife who is an excellent cook and enjoys preparing complex meals. Hell so do I on occasion.

There are a lot of recipes I can fall back on passed down from my folks and grand folks straight out of the old country which here in our country are considered “fancy”, but in Europe are really just staple dishes. I guess it’s just perspective.

This ain't europe. Work week is more than 20 hours here. laugh

I get what you're saying. My grandmother spent quite a bit of time in the kitchen, the pressure cooker seemed like it was always going. But in the end the dishes were always simple and wholesome. Like auk1124 opined, I'd say my palate too is pretty simple.
Posted By: Teal Re: Fancy Food - 05/18/20
I tend to be at the extreems. Bar food (burger/fries) or finer dining as available.

I dont do Chili's or Applebees etc. Finer is local stuff, local owner, non chain. 2 person meal with drinks is usually in that 80-100 range.

As fast as what I make that seems to be high end, only one dish. NY Strip with a bourbon pepper pan sauce and roasted asparagus.
Posted By: deflave Re: Fancy Food - 05/18/20
Yes.

Narcissist.

holy cow are they good

and fattening

So long as my daughter is around, which if I have my say is forever, I'll not be slimming down. I have a hell of a sweet tooth.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Fancy Food - 05/18/20
Well, perhaps there is hope for you after that bologna sammi idea you posted.

I toss stuff together, sometimes just what I have hanging around. Almost always turns out edible, sometimes fantastic. Look at the breakfast thread in the food forum for my latest "gourmet" omelette yesterday. Rarely use recipes.

My wife is the recipe person. Always fixing stuff from books. Sometimes fancy, but she has a bunch of "15 minute" recipe books too.

I love eating good restaurant food when I can. I can't make some Thai dishes, or do the fancy sushi stuff, so those are treats for me.

This is a treat for me too. Key Lime Pie, made fresh this morning, homemade graham cracker crust and everything. I have a hard time keeping the weight off with my wife around.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Someday I might try to make a Beef Wellington, then again, I'm retired and lazy and will likely just enjoy the wife's crock pot dinners.
Yes.

Narcissist.

I call it good parenting.
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Damn that looks good
Posted By: hanco Re: Fancy Food - 05/18/20
Tacos

Damn that looks good

in the fridge setting up good.

After lunch dessert. Believe me, I can hear it calling my name from across the house.

'Oh Geeeenooo..............I'm over here...........I'm ready now.............."
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Fancy Food - 05/18/20
Live sex show dinner theater.
Summer 86
Karlsruhle Germany
50 marks entry and dinner
2 drink min, drinks like 20 mark apeice
Like 60 american total...
Dinner was like 7 table table spoons of blah blah blah on a plate and some fancy bread.

Last act was dude in a tux with a mickey mouse head mask.
2 chicks slobbing on his knobbin, one finished him off riding him cowgirl .

Went to german krautdonalds ate real food with quanity and drank cheap krautdonalds beer after partying all night.

Dated some polish jewish descendant chick up in chicago briefly after desert storm.
She made reservations at some swanky place downtown like 2 or 3 weeks out.
Wine her, dined her, 69 her.
Cost about 225 bucks
Same deal
8 9 table spoons of what the fugg ever on a plate.
Bottle of wine.
Blah blah blah.

Told her I had ta hit mcdonalds and get some food in my gut like
4 hrs afterwards.
She was a hottie.
Use ta rail the schitt outta her.
Kinda looked like Tori Spelling minus the bug eyes.

LOL!!!
Posted By: slumlord Re: Fancy Food - 05/18/20
We eat way better at the house. Don’t know about fancy, we don’t set the table. 3 sets of multi generational fine china, it’s just for looks. 😃

We eat off of the mismatch yard sale dishes, paper towels, styrofoam.

A Southern woman lives here, fixes a killer Key lime pie, home made bread, apple pies, peach and blackberry cobblers, picked from a fence row. Fresh Strawberry Graham cracker pie, from the U-Pick patch 3 miles from the house lately, pecan pies, homemade cookies.

Then we got the 70 year old version of her next door, her mother. She doesnt do as much as she used to. She’s only good for a few scratch cathead biscuits on the weekends.

Crock pot going 3 days a week with something in it. Beans/ham, beef, chicken dumplings.

Nothing ‘instant’ someone is peeling potatoes a couple times a week here, usually me.

She hammers all this stuff out on her island in the middle of the kitchen.

THEN, she won’t eat any of it. She only eats broccoli, kale, okra tomatoes, and some country ham.

Big garden here, collards, green beans, sweet corn. cukes, okra, tomatoes, pepper, squash, onions. Freezers and canning jars by the hundred of product put up.

If something needs killing, grilling, or smoked, I’ll do all that.

We usually as a staple patty out fresh chuck and grill a batch of patties of someone wants to make a burger and head out to the deck and chill with the dogs.
Originally Posted by slumlord
We eat way better at the house. Don’t know about fancy, we don’t set the table. 3 sets of multi generational fine china, it’s just for looks. 😃

A Southern woman lives here, fixes a killer Key lime pie, home made bread, apple pies, peach and blackberry cobblers, picked from a fence row. Fresh Strawberry Graham cracker pie, from the U-Pick patch 3 miles from the house lately, pecan pies, homemade cookies.

Then we got the 70 year old version of her next door, her mother. She doesnt do as much as she used to. She’s only good for a few scratch cathead biscuits on the weekends.

Crock pot going 3 days a week with something in it. Beans/ham, beef, chicken dumplings.

Nothing ‘instant’ someone is peeling potatoes a couple times a week here, usually me.

THEN, she won’t eat any of it. She only eats broccoli, kale, okra tomatoes, and some country ham.

Big garden here, collards, green beans, sweet corn. cukes, okra, tomatoes, pepper, squash, onions. Freezers and canning jars by the hundred of product put up.

We usually as a staple patty out fresh chuck and grill a batch of patties of someone wants to make a burger and head out to the deck and chill with the dogs.

That all sounds pretty damn good to me...

holy cow are they good

and fattening

So long as my daughter is around, which if I have my say is forever, I'll not be slimming down. I have a hell of a sweet tooth.

You and me both, my biggest weakness when it comes to weight loss. I can say no to virtually anything. But put a fancy desert in front of my face and watch it disappear.
Posted By: SBTCO Re: Fancy Food - 05/18/20
My wife is the desert queen. She's a great cook in general, but the deserts.. wholy Shiet!
Rum raisin cheese cake, carrot cake, and the huckleberry chocolate mousse cake... good thing she just makes it few times a year... so rich you have hallucinations at night in your sleep.
Yes.

Narcissist.

It's WAY better than getting the wife a vacuum cleaner for Christmas.

A daughter almost always HAS to love Dad, right.

That all sounds pretty damn good to me...

They make alot of food
Alot.....
Mrs slumlord always trying to feed me something.

I politely turn it down.

Now slumlords bbq and grilling stuff.
I will eat the hell outta the bark meat.
I think puling pork and mixing that bark meat in with it is total blasphemy ....
LOL!!!

Never been comfortable eating at other peoples homes even as a kid at friends house,s.

1. I eat extremely fast and dont like pleasantries or conversations while eating.
2. I can put away ALOT of food and eat once a day.
3. Their are other things to do.

Holidays growing up as a kid were a fugging ordeal for me.
Pass this , pass that, questions this and that.
Oh my why do you have so much .
Stay at the table till everyone is done.
Have ta eat slow so I didnt have sit around doing fugging nothing for 30 mins while every runs their pieholes eating like a fugging tree sloth.
Fugging fathers side of the family.....
Fugging hated eating with them slow azz doting mofo,s.

Moms side of the family, my grandfather and uncles.
Like me, eating is for eating not bullschitying.
Every other yr rotation schit for holiday family hosted meals.
Wife and daughter make wedding cakes for people we know.

Got a buddy been married 3 times, so that’s three cakes. 😐

Only done as favors. Not for hire.

That butter creme frosting would kill a Native American or negro. It would be instantaneous acute diabetic toxic syndrome.

Like 15 lbs of confectioner’s sugar. Stuff like Tony Montana chopped out with his hands.
Then you add about 25 sticks of butter and a bottle pure mexican vanilla to it.

That butter creme frosting would kill a Native American or negro. It would be instantaneous acute diabetic toxic syndrome.

Like 15 lbs of confectioner’s sugar. Stuff like Tony Montana chopped out with his hands.

You could put buttercream on a turd and I’d probably eat it. That stuff is pure heaven. I could eat it alone without the damn cake. If there’s buttercream anything on the menu it’s most likely gonna end up on my plate.
I have to be the taster sometimes.

Worst acid reflux ever, not from tomato products or spicy food, but from that frosting. Something about the butter and sugar.

Like eating a super sweet Playdough with sand in it.

Can hear your teeth just cryin.

I’ll taste it but I have to spit that stuff out. Wife won’t taste that frosting she is a militant anti carb nazi.

Worst acid reflux ever, not from tomato products or spicy food, but from that frosting. Something about the butter and sugar.

I’ll taste it but I have to spit that stuff out. Wife won’t taste that frosting she is a militant anti carb nazi.

The trick is to not use that much sugar. Some people used to eating sweets in the states who go to Europe and order deserts practically spit them out the first time they taste them thinking they ordered something sugarless.

You could put buttercream on a turd and I’d probably eat it. That stuff is pure heaven. I could eat it alone without the damn cake. If there’s buttercream anything on the menu it’s most likely gonna end up on my plate.

I wish I could find an old Garfield cartoon. Picture Garfield looking at a bowl with a pile of whipped cream on it. Dumb human owner dude looks at him and says "Hmmm, I thought we were all out of ice cream." Garfield's bubble says "We are, there's a steak under there".........

[Linked Image from d1ejxu6vysztl5.cloudfront.net]

Ah, the internet is a wonderful thing!

I can relate, butter cream, whipped cream, on top of just about anything.

The trick is to not use that much sugar. Some people used to eating sweets in the states who go to Europe and order deserts practically spit them out the first time they taste them thinking they ordered something sugarless.

The other secret is confectioners sugar. No gritty feel.
Posted By: kaboku68 Re: Fancy Food - 05/18/20
Believe it or not, the Conservative student association at Harvard had quite a bit of benji in its account. The found of Sun Microsystems donated 20 million dollars and a fine Cambridge Victorian Home to the group which published the Harvard Salient and was only about 20 students in number. During my Senior year, they decided to have a bash. While being retired from catering or even cooking for a large ensemble, Ms. Julia Childs ran a speciality foodie shop in Cambridge Square. The president of the association decided to hire her to develop the menu. They had beluga caviar and black truffle sauce. They also had foie gras and a litany of all kinds of organ meats and shellfish. I, of course, brought Alaska King Salmon steaks, King Crab clusters and a prime rib roast marinaded in cherry pie filing and braised slowly from a dall ram that I had shot that Fall. The stuff I brought was better than that fancy French Cuisine that largely gives you gas and the sh%ts. They had a pretty good supply of French Brandy. It really is the company of friends and not the pedigree of the food.
Posted By: Teal Re: Fancy Food - 05/18/20
Brother used to date Wolfgang Puck's sous chef. He ate pretty good.
Posted By: 6MMWASP Re: Fancy Food - 05/18/20
Congrats Gruff. You obviously brought the little lady up right when she asks for things to bring happiness to others.

Good Dad, Good kid
Posted By: Stormin_Norman Re: Fancy Food - 05/18/20
I found a place that sells frozen Ahi Pokie in Montana, you just don't get fancier than that.
Posted By: Beansnbacon33 Re: Fancy Food - 05/18/20
About as fancy as I get. Smoked this salmon a few days ago.....
Posted By: Magnum_Bob Re: Fancy Food - 05/18/20
Slummy, your eating high off the hog better enjoy it while you can. If'n trump don't get back in this fall. Good eating tax is the first one the demmies will want that is (tax the [bleep] out anyone who buys good food and double tax anyone who can come up with their own) yeah it's true MB
Carrot cake with bloated raisins and shredded carrots in it and a slightly sweet cream cheese frosting.

Man........
I can fugg one of those things up with a big ole glass of milk.

Crash from the sugar high about an hour later.
Nap time.....
Posted By: auk1124 Re: Fancy Food - 05/18/20
Carrot cake is far and away my favorite cake. I have a good recipe but it is a pain in the ass to make, so it rarely gets made.

Same way with popovers. Love them, my favorite rolls, but rarely make them.
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
I found a place that sells frozen Ahi Pokie in Montana, you just don't get fancier than that.

Gotta be betta than a C store California roll sushi, right?
Posted By: MikeL2 Re: Fancy Food - 05/18/20
Originally Posted by Beansnbacon33

Those deer or rabbit turds?
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Fancy Food - 05/18/20
Fancy food gets Renegade like #assTwerk .
Originally Posted by MikeL2
Originally Posted by Beansnbacon33

Those deer or rabbit turds?

Smart pills wink
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Fancy Food - 05/18/20
BillyGoatGruff: Over the last many decades I have traveled to and eaten at 2 (two) of the "Top Ten Ranked Restaurants" in the world, during the years I ate at them.
I very much enjoy fine food prepared perfectly.
My all time favorite dinner dish is "Chateaubriand" - if you have not tried this "dish" I highly recommend you do so (before time runs out!)!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: Ghostinthemachine Re: Fancy Food - 05/18/20
I like Spaghettios.
Originally Posted by 6MMWASP
Congrats Gruff. You obviously brought the little lady up right when she asks for things to bring happiness to others.

Good Dad, Good kid

Thanks Mike, she's my pride and joy. I'm not much to brag on kids, but she's pulling a 4.0 and did well in her first year of speech and debate. Whatever I did wrong she's compensated for it lol.

Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
BillyGoatGruff: Over the last many decades I have traveled to and eaten at 2 (two) of the "Top Ten Ranked Restaurants" in the world, during the years I ate at them.
I very much enjoy fine food prepared perfectly.
My all time favorite dinner dish is "Chateaubriand" - if you have not tried this "dish" I highly recommend you do so (before time runs out!)!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

I hadn't heard of that before, but after googling it I do believe if I see it on the menu somewhere I'll try it. Sounds amazing.
Posted By: rem141r Re: Fancy Food - 05/18/20
from what i see of fancy food, it comes in small portions (heh) and i'm a f ucken hog at the trough so me and fancy ain't compatible. learned the same lesson on any place with the name "bistro" in it. give me a pile of meatloaf or roast beef, gravy, mashed tators, green beans and half a loaf of pumpernickle bread and thats my idea of a meal.
Posted By: wldthg Re: Fancy Food - 05/18/20
Ham and eggs with Lima Beans heated with C-4 or with box board box. Desert was fruit cocktail over pound cake.
One Sunday morn after spending a few hours with Johnnie Walker, lunch was a few rice paper type wraps with veggies, tiny very hot red peppers, some kind of a meat balls and nuoc mam washed down with 33. Those tiny red peppers made it so the hired help did not have to add diesel when they stirred it the next morning.-- Lima Charley Hotel Mike
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Fancy Food - 05/18/20
Just made spam musubi for lunch. Does that count?

Ungrateful kids wouldn’t eat it. Lol.
Posted By: m_stevenson Re: Fancy Food - 05/18/20
Originally Posted by renegade50
Carrot cake with bloated raisins and shredded carrots in it and a slightly sweet cream cheese frosting.

Man........
I can fugg one of those things up with a big ole glass of milk.

Crash from the sugar high about an hour later.
Nap time.....

Damn Rene, you did have to mention that carrot cake! That stuff is my Kryptonite.
If you add finely chopped black walnuts to that, I’d have to go break into a Covid closed bakery and make some.
Posted By: irfubar Re: Fancy Food - 05/18/20
I ate a can of sardines..... helps with the social distancing...... everyone except my dog gives me a wide berth.... winnin
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Fancy Food - 05/18/20
I enjoy all kinds of food Peasant to Palace as long as it tastes good and better if its free.

Im spoiled at present with two daughters at home who love to cook, bake and bbq.

Plenty of examples of their good eats posted in food section.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Fancy Food - 05/19/20
Originally Posted by FatCity67
I enjoy all kinds of food Peasant to Palace as long as it tastes good and better if its free.

Im spoiled at present with two daughters at home who love to cook, bake and bbq.

Plenty of examples of their good eats posted in food section.

He ain't lyin' folks
Posted By: ironbender Re: Fancy Food - 05/19/20
Yes.

Narcissist.

Of course. Pay no attention to whomever is behind that curtain. smile

To answer the question, a really good flan. I've tried and its second-rate at best. Hard to find outside of mehico.
Posted By: 6MMWASP Re: Fancy Food - 05/19/20
Time to be proud Gruff Treasure the time. They move on
Posted By: mike7mm08 Re: Fancy Food - 05/19/20
I enjoy all kinds of food and can cook most anything. I am most impressed my simple foods done right. Too many times people don't take the time and the care to cook something the best it can be done because it ain't fancy or expensive.

Other than not feeling like cooking I don't really go out much unless it is something I cannot cook. For me that is quality chinese food and BBQ. Cannot get a end product I am happy with making it myself. Chinese food seems so simple and it is if you want make at home kitty cat special. To do it right there is a lot of ingredients to buy and techniques to master. As for BBQ I am afraid to try. Mainly I am afraid of the rabbit hole I will probable end up going down. I already cannot afford my addictions..... I mean hobbies.

I got a every Wednesday at a gas station guy that keeps me from going into BBQ withdrawal. He puts out a solid 8 out of 10 plate of BBQ everytime. Every now and then he is capable of the best plate of BBQ I ever ate. If I am real desperate I got the toothless tweaker doing BBQ on Saturdays in the grocery store lot. Not bad but his quality control needs some work. Price and quantity almost make up for it though.
Posted By: frogman43 Re: Fancy Food - 05/19/20
Gruf, if I may make a suggestion for another dish involving Crème Brule.....

Have your daughter prepare the custard and set is aside in the fridge overnight. The take some heavy bread, sliced into thick slices approximately 1.5" thick, set out overnight to dry out a bit, then in the morning soak the bread in the Crème Brule custard, and pan sear in a hot black iron skillet or griddle with butter. Finish in the oven, then torch it after topping with sugar just as you would Crème Brule...Top with Crem Fresh and enjoy!

Crème Brule French Toast, I had the pleasure of enjoying it at a Hotel in Frankfort after a delightful night of debauchery and was famished!
Posted By: pullit Re: Fancy Food - 05/19/20
You can't get full on fancy,
Posted By: dan_oz Re: Fancy Food - 05/19/20
Creme brulee has four ingredients, takes about 10 minutes to get ready for the oven and a couple of minutes at the end for firing the sugar. There really are few things simpler.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Fancy Food - 05/19/20
I'm awfully plain and simple in everything and every way. When eating out, I like to pay for the food, not for the atmosphere, reputation, or presentation. At home, every time that I try some recipe that sounds like it might be good, I wind up realizing that for the time, effort, and ingredients require, I prefer my plain, old usual treatment of the main ingredient.
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Fancy Food - 05/19/20
Congrats 'Gruff,

Now you can, truly, enjoy the fruits of your Wife's labor !

Deb & I love to cook & our daughter is a qualified pastry chef.

smile
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: Fancy Food - 05/19/20
Originally Posted by dan_oz
Creme brulee has four ingredients, takes about 10 minutes to get ready for the oven and a couple of minutes at the end for firing the sugar. There really are few things simpler.

All I can go by is the recipe my daughter used and it was a lot more than 10 min prep.

Thanks for your contribution though.
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Congrats 'Gruff,

smile

A daughter that cooks I've found to be a real blessing. I hate to cook, but love to eat. I'm usually far enough into my cups by the time the dish is done I'm not hungry anymore. But I've a couple things I make the family likes.
Posted By: Dryfly24 Re: Fancy Food - 05/19/20

All I can go by is the recipe my daughter used and it was a lot more than 10 min prep.

BGG,

If I get up there this summer to do some fly fishing, you think there might be a chance I could have one of those set aside for me? smile
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Fancy Food - 05/19/20
Congrats 'Gruff,

smile

That's awesome, Paul. Did not know that.

I can make just about anything, but am not much of a pastry chef. I miss David's input (byc), who used to contribute a lot on the Cooking forum here years ago.

Would love to hear from him, or at least that he beat the cancer.
Posted By: sse Re: Fancy Food - 05/19/20
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Congrats 'Gruff,

smile

Dude,

I really need to make a trip to Canuckistan..........I mean good old neighborly "Oh Canada" ...................for a HOCKEY game or 7 and to try some pastries.

I am a "qualified pastry tester" after all.

BGG,

If I get up there this summer to do some fly fishing, you think there might be a chance I could have one of those set aside for me? smile

Without a doubt!
Congrats 'Gruff,

smile

Dude,

I really need to make a trip to Canuckistan..........I mean good old neighborly "Oh Canada" ...................for a HOCKEY game or 7 and to try some pastries.

If you do and take a particular route, you'll be within a few minutes of stopping to visit. You'd be welcome to a White Claw as well.
Congrats 'Gruff,

smile

Dude,

If you do and take a particular route, you'll be within a few minutes of stopping to visit. You'd be welcome to a White Claw as well.

Thanks for the invite.

I'll pass on the White Claw though. (hint, you, and the local store don't have enough. No one ever did years ago when I imbibed. Always led to trips in the middle of the night to get more)

I now like my seltzer virgin............own a Soda Stream no less. Little freshly squoze lime and lemon juice and I'm good to go.

But, I may ask for some Creme Brule.
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Fancy Food - 05/19/20
Eggs, dairy and sugar. God's Trifecta.
Posted By: deflave Re: Fancy Food - 05/19/20

Can't wait to see you on Rachel Ray's Kids Cookoff.
© 24hourcampfire