Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by slumlord
We eat way better at the house. Don’t know about fancy, we don’t set the table. 3 sets of multi generational fine china, it’s just for looks. 😃

We eat off of the mismatch yard sale dishes, paper towels, styrofoam.

A Southern woman lives here, fixes a killer Key lime pie, home made bread, apple pies, peach and blackberry cobblers, picked from a fence row. Fresh Strawberry Graham cracker pie, from the U-Pick patch 3 miles from the house lately, pecan pies, homemade cookies.

Then we got the 70 year old version of her next door, her mother. She doesnt do as much as she used to. She’s only good for a few scratch cathead biscuits on the weekends.

Crock pot going 3 days a week with something in it. Beans/ham, beef, chicken dumplings.

Nothing ‘instant’ someone is peeling potatoes a couple times a week here, usually me.

She hammers all this stuff out on her island in the middle of the kitchen.

THEN, she won’t eat any of it. She only eats broccoli, kale, okra tomatoes, and some country ham.

Big garden here, collards, green beans, sweet corn. cukes, okra, tomatoes, pepper, squash, onions. Freezers and canning jars by the hundred of product put up.

If something needs killing, grilling, or smoked, I’ll do all that.

We usually as a staple patty out fresh chuck and grill a batch of patties of someone wants to make a burger and head out to the deck and chill with the dogs.

That all sounds pretty damn good to me...

GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by KFWA
not the fanciest but speaking of daughter baking - mine has started making homemade cinnamon rolls

holy cow are they good

and fattening

So long as my daughter is around, which if I have my say is forever, I'll not be slimming down. I have a hell of a sweet tooth.

You and me both, my biggest weakness when it comes to weight loss. I can say no to virtually anything. But put a fancy desert in front of my face and watch it disappear.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
My wife is the desert queen. She's a great cook in general, but the deserts.. wholy Shiet!
Rum raisin cheese cake, carrot cake, and the huckleberry chocolate mousse cake... good thing she just makes it few times a year... so rich you have hallucinations at night in your sleep.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
Yes.

Narcissist.

I call it good parenting.

It's WAY better than getting the wife a vacuum cleaner for Christmas.

A daughter almost always HAS to love Dad, right.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Dryfly24
We eat way better at the house. Don’t know about fancy, we don’t set the table. 3 sets of multi generational fine china, it’s just for looks. 😃

We eat off of the mismatch yard sale dishes, paper towels, styrofoam.

A Southern woman lives here, fixes a killer Key lime pie, home made bread, apple pies, peach and blackberry cobblers, picked from a fence row. Fresh Strawberry Graham cracker pie, from the U-Pick patch 3 miles from the house lately, pecan pies, homemade cookies.

Then we got the 70 year old version of her next door, her mother. She doesnt do as much as she used to. She’s only good for a few scratch cathead biscuits on the weekends.

Crock pot going 3 days a week with something in it. Beans/ham, beef, chicken dumplings.

Nothing ‘instant’ someone is peeling potatoes a couple times a week here, usually me.

She hammers all this stuff out on her island in the middle of the kitchen.

THEN, she won’t eat any of it. She only eats broccoli, kale, okra tomatoes, and some country ham.

Big garden here, collards, green beans, sweet corn. cukes, okra, tomatoes, pepper, squash, onions. Freezers and canning jars by the hundred of product put up.

If something needs killing, grilling, or smoked, I’ll do all that.

We usually as a staple patty out fresh chuck and grill a batch of patties of someone wants to make a burger and head out to the deck and chill with the dogs.

That all sounds pretty damn good to me...

They make alot of food
Alot.....
Mrs slumlord always trying to feed me something.

I politely turn it down.

Now slumlords bbq and grilling stuff.
I will eat the hell outta the bark meat.
I think puling pork and mixing that bark meat in with it is total blasphemy ....
LOL!!!

Never been comfortable eating at other peoples homes even as a kid at friends house,s.

1. I eat extremely fast and dont like pleasantries or conversations while eating.
2. I can put away ALOT of food and eat once a day.
3. Their are other things to do.

Holidays growing up as a kid were a fugging ordeal for me.
Pass this , pass that, questions this and that.
Oh my why do you have so much .
Stay at the table till everyone is done.
Have ta eat slow so I didnt have sit around doing fugging nothing for 30 mins while every runs their pieholes eating like a fugging tree sloth.
Fugging fathers side of the family.....
Fugging hated eating with them slow azz doting mofo,s.

Moms side of the family, my grandfather and uncles.
Like me, eating is for eating not bullschitying.
Every other yr rotation schit for holiday family hosted meals.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Wife and daughter make wedding cakes for people we know.

Got a buddy been married 3 times, so that’s three cakes. 😐

Only done as favors. Not for hire.

That butter creme frosting would kill a Native American or negro. It would be instantaneous acute diabetic toxic syndrome.

Like 15 lbs of confectioner’s sugar. Stuff like Tony Montana chopped out with his hands.
Then you add about 25 sticks of butter and a bottle pure mexican vanilla to it.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

That butter creme frosting would kill a Native American or negro. It would be instantaneous acute diabetic toxic syndrome.

Like 15 lbs of confectioner’s sugar. Stuff like Tony Montana chopped out with his hands.

You could put buttercream on a turd and I’d probably eat it. That stuff is pure heaven. I could eat it alone without the damn cake. If there’s buttercream anything on the menu it’s most likely gonna end up on my plate.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I have to be the taster sometimes.

Worst acid reflux ever, not from tomato products or spicy food, but from that frosting. Something about the butter and sugar.

Like eating a super sweet Playdough with sand in it.

Can hear your teeth just cryin.

I’ll taste it but I have to spit that stuff out. Wife won’t taste that frosting she is a militant anti carb nazi.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

Worst acid reflux ever, not from tomato products or spicy food, but from that frosting. Something about the butter and sugar.

I’ll taste it but I have to spit that stuff out. Wife won’t taste that frosting she is a militant anti carb nazi.

The trick is to not use that much sugar. Some people used to eating sweets in the states who go to Europe and order deserts practically spit them out the first time they taste them thinking they ordered something sugarless.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

You could put buttercream on a turd and I’d probably eat it. That stuff is pure heaven. I could eat it alone without the damn cake. If there’s buttercream anything on the menu it’s most likely gonna end up on my plate.

I wish I could find an old Garfield cartoon. Picture Garfield looking at a bowl with a pile of whipped cream on it. Dumb human owner dude looks at him and says "Hmmm, I thought we were all out of ice cream." Garfield's bubble says "We are, there's a steak under there".........

[Linked Image from d1ejxu6vysztl5.cloudfront.net]

Ah, the internet is a wonderful thing!

I can relate, butter cream, whipped cream, on top of just about anything.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

The trick is to not use that much sugar. Some people used to eating sweets in the states who go to Europe and order deserts practically spit them out the first time they taste them thinking they ordered something sugarless.

The other secret is confectioners sugar. No gritty feel.

In it is contentment

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Believe it or not, the Conservative student association at Harvard had quite a bit of benji in its account. The found of Sun Microsystems donated 20 million dollars and a fine Cambridge Victorian Home to the group which published the Harvard Salient and was only about 20 students in number. During my Senior year, they decided to have a bash. While being retired from catering or even cooking for a large ensemble, Ms. Julia Childs ran a speciality foodie shop in Cambridge Square. The president of the association decided to hire her to develop the menu. They had beluga caviar and black truffle sauce. They also had foie gras and a litany of all kinds of organ meats and shellfish. I, of course, brought Alaska King Salmon steaks, King Crab clusters and a prime rib roast marinaded in cherry pie filing and braised slowly from a dall ram that I had shot that Fall. The stuff I brought was better than that fancy French Cuisine that largely gives you gas and the sh%ts. They had a pretty good supply of French Brandy. It really is the company of friends and not the pedigree of the food.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Brother used to date Wolfgang Puck's sous chef. He ate pretty good.

Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Congrats Gruff. You obviously brought the little lady up right when she asks for things to bring happiness to others.

Good Dad, Good kid

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I found a place that sells frozen Ahi Pokie in Montana, you just don't get fancier than that.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
About as fancy as I get. Smoked this salmon a few days ago.....
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Slummy, your eating high off the hog better enjoy it while you can. If'n trump don't get back in this fall. Good eating tax is the first one the demmies will want that is (tax the [bleep] out anyone who buys good food and double tax anyone who can come up with their own) yeah it's true MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Carrot cake with bloated raisins and shredded carrots in it and a slightly sweet cream cheese frosting.

Man........
I can fugg one of those things up with a big ole glass of milk.

Crash from the sugar high about an hour later.
Nap time.....

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Carrot cake is far and away my favorite cake. I have a good recipe but it is a pain in the ass to make, so it rarely gets made.

Same way with popovers. Love them, my favorite rolls, but rarely make them.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
I found a place that sells frozen Ahi Pokie in Montana, you just don't get fancier than that.

Gotta be betta than a C store California roll sushi, right?

In it is contentment

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (007FJ, 1234, 11point, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 66 invisible), 2,413 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,422
Posts18,470,622
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.