Home
He could do some pretty serious time if they get him on everything. Anyone have any knowledge of how they can enforce a condition that he have no firearm before he’s convicted, not to mention he’s charged with misdemeanors?

Many more egregious crimes with far less consequences.

“A 56-year-old Pickford man was arraigned Wednesday morning ­in Chippewa County’s 91st District Court on 125 wildlife misdemeanor charges, following a months-long investigation by the Michigan Department of Natural Resources Law Enforcement Division.

Kurt Johnston Duncan faces charges that include illegally harvesting 18 wolves over the past 18 months and killing and disposing of three bald eagles. Wolves are protected in Michigan and are on the federal endangered species list. Bald eagles are protected under state law, as well as the federal Bald and Golden Eagle Protection Act. Duncan, who today pleaded not guilty to all charges, faces:

Up to 90 days in jail and $1,000 fine for each wolf.
Up to 90 days in jail and $1,000 fine for each eagle.
Restitution of $1,500 per eagle and $500 per wolf.
Up to 90 days in jail and $500 fine each for the other wildlife crimes.
Duncan was served four search warrants in March. Other species involved in the charges include deer, turkey, bear and bobcat. DNR law enforcement detectives said that Duncan was using the animals for a variety of reasons, including crafts, selling, or disposing of them, and stated that he was catching the animals because he could and “likes to do it.”

Conservation officers collected evidence to support the charges and identified additional suspects who are expected to be charged in the near future.

“We had a team of conservation officers that worked well together throughout this investigation,” said DNR Law Enforcement Division Chief Gary Hagler. “Investigations like this require a long-term commitment from everyone involved. I want to thank the prosecutors in this case who worked with our officers. We are happy with the outcome and hope this case sets an example to prevent future natural resource crimes.”

The Chippewa County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office is seeking $30,000 in restitution to the state for the illegally taken animals. Duncan’s cash bond is set at $500. Other conditions of Duncan’s bond include having no contact with co-defendants, no possession of a firearm or dangerous weapon, and no engaging in hunting or fishing.”
18 wolves in 18 months! The dude can hunt. I wonder if he was using the eagles for bait? hmmmm

mike r
$500 cash Bond. What a joke.
If he wasn't wearing a mask in the woods when he shot them, that nutty Governor will execute him.
If it were just wolves I would say we should all pitch in to help him with his fine!
Originally Posted by Gypsy_Wind
He could do some pretty serious time if they get him on everything. Anyone have any knowledge of how they can enforce a condition that he have no firearm before he’s convicted, not to mention he’s charged with misdemeanors?

Many more egregious crimes with far less consequences.

“. Duncan’s cash bond is set at $500. Other conditions of Duncan’s bond include having no contact with co-defendants, no possession of a firearm or dangerous weapon, and no engaging in hunting or fishing.”

It appears to be a condition of his bond.

I guess he could have chosen not to agree to the bond, and stayed in the hoosegow?
I wonder if he was using poisoned baits, or baited traps.
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
If it were just wolves I would say we should all pitch in to help him with his fine!

And there is that. Not all laws are conducive to order. (from another thread)
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

It's a wonder if the McMichaels don't show up and kill him.
Eagles are predators the same as wolves.

Lots of old timers shot the fugk out of them.

I think protecting any animal on the verge of extinction is prudent, but I can't fathom why anybody gives a fugk about some guy popping a couple in 2020.
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans

You should change your handle to Subaru Forester.

LOL
Originally Posted by deflave

LOL

Why would you do that?
he whacked wolves , this guy needs a go fund me page .
Wish they'd catch the SOB that's been throwing out poison meatballs over by the UP/Wisconsin border. It's killed several dogs along with assorted wildlife. I don't get the wolf hate
Originally Posted by woods_walker

Correct.

They should have let him out on a PR bond, drop the charges, and give him a medal.

Then buy him a T-Bone steak and a 12 pack of beer.

LOL

Why would you do that?

I'm calling you a lesbian.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by woods_walker

Correct.

They should have let him out on a PR bond, drop the charges, and give him a medal.

Then buy him a T-Bone steak and a 12 pack of beer.

I'll split the tab wit you, RB.

LOL

Why would you do that?

You call a lot of people a lot of things. So what? You could call me you or you me if you wanted to be more truthful.
Originally Posted by tmitch
Wish they'd catch the SOB that's been throwing out poison meatballs over by the UP/Wisconsin border. It's killed several dogs along with assorted wildlife. I don't get the wolf hate

You got that going on up there too, eh? Seems to be popular with the anti crowd. They don't care nothing about about killing other peoples dogs and anything else that gets in their way.

I certainly don't hate wolves, some here may and probably have a reason. Anyone with half a brain knows that you need to control them, and anyone with a quarter of a brain knows controlling them isn't an easy feat! Add in absolute piss poor political policies and well you have the disaster at hand. Five tags a year isn't going to cut it. No night hunting isn't going to cut it. At least ID has pretty much gone open season year round on them. Introduce them into National Parks where they can't be controlled and we are paying for F&G to kill them is absolutely stupid!
He should get a reward for shooting the wolves...and frankly I agree with d flave makes a damn good point
Of course after the wolves killed off almost entire herds in some areas is a day late and a dollar short! And that is tax payers dollars.
Originally Posted by Quak
He should get a reward for shooting the wolves...and frankly I agree with d flave makes a damn good point

There is absolutely a point about Eagles and other birds of prey. But for whatever reason they seem to get a pass and are a tough sell to the GP.

There is absolutely a point about Eagles and other birds of prey. But for whatever reason they seem to get a pass and are a tough sell to the GP.

Ya, I have heard that deer are all but extinct in Michigan. Those wolves are livin' on golden retrievers and french poodles now.

Ya, I have heard that deer are all but extinct in Michigan. Those wolves are livin' on golden retrievers and french poodles now.

What are you smoking? What does Eagles have to do with wolves and deer?
My favorite wolf event in my great state of Michigan is................They dropped wolves on Isle Royal "to control the moose population". Instead of selling tags like they should have. Winter comes..............The big lake freezes and the wolves walk to the main land and disappear. Just as many moose on the island as ever
Endangered species act is a total joke.

Enough bald eagles in Alaska that there should be an open season on the flying garbage eaters.

Should be a bounty on wolves and hawks also.

You call a lot of people a lot of things. So what? You could call me you or you me if you wanted to be more truthful.

Remember when you said you could PROVE that you weren't a lesbian?

LMFAO

LMFAO

And I still could. So what?
Is this Leroy broad crying for the wild doggies?
Originally Posted by kroo88
Endangered species act is a total joke.

Enough bald eagles in Alaska that there should be an open season on the flying garbage eaters.

Should be a bounty on wolves and hawks also.

F'in A Squadcar.

LMFAO

I DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU.
Hey Jim, are you one of those throwing the poison hot dogs out?

LMFAO

I DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU.

I don't care. Try harder. Your post count is peaking.
Leroy's getting all wounded knee on us.

She's got the virtue signal burning bright today.....
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Leroy's getting all wounded knee on us.

She's got the virtue signal burning bright today.....

Keep running with that. Should be fun. But you are going to have to work it a bit.
You poor thing.
Thanks for the sympathy, however unnecessary.

Carry on.
Cockfighting rooster growers down here shoot the heck out of raptors, had a kid come in and show me him, his brother and his dad holding a shotgunned adult baldie by the outspread wings.
$1000 for each wolf,,,,paid to the guy

Carry on.

Sarah McLachlan will be along shortly to sing to you and the rest of the gals.
Originally Posted by 700LH

And who says "crime don't pay?"

Carry on.

Cool, but who is she and where are all these gals?
I been up to Pickford a couple of times. Its about 35 minutes south of Sault St. Marie

Carry on.

They’re at Liz Phair’s house celebrating the Indigo Girls anniversary.
Originally Posted by kingston

Carry on.

They’re at Liz Phair’s house celebrating the Indigo Girls anniversary.

Who are Liz and Indigo?

You seem to know a lot about these people. You must be pretty tight with them, or are they family?
When I was a kid any large bird perched on a pole was considered a target.

Jim wouldn't spread poisoned hot dogs! Eat them? maybe, but spread them, never. Nothing goes to waste on the Hi line.

mike r
Originally Posted by lvmiker

Jim wouldn't spread poisoned hot dogs! Eat them? maybe, but spread them, never. Nothing goes to waste on the Hi line.

mike r

No wolves on the hi line either. Yet. Jim would spread 'em. Then he would brag about it here.
The only thing I have heard Jim brag about is his wardrobe. Damn fine hat collection.

mike r
I hope they prosecute the hell out of that guy
The only thing I have heard Jim brag about is his wardrobe. Damn fine hat collection.

mike r

Really? Jim, let's see the hats!

mike r

Ya, and that’s even without $20,000 worth of roosters staked out in the back yard.
Dog and chicken fighting are the sport of kings. African and Latin kings.

mike r
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

mike r

Ya, and that’s even without $20,000 worth of roosters staked out in the back yard.

Birds of prey were protected when I was a kid.

mike r

Me too. But picking off fighting chickens with a .22 was always fun.

mike r

When I was a kid in Colorado the only thing protected wore a brandgrin

mike r

mike r

When I was a kid in Colorado the only thing protected wore a brandgrin

mike r

Brand or a collar.

But getting into a mess of brood stock fighting chicken hens made for some fun fast action shooting. Picking off the roosters on their barrels from 100+ with headshots was fun too. Those were good days.
18 wolves in 18 months! The dude can hunt. I wonder if he was using the eagles for bait? hmmmm

mike r

Lolol. 😁
In all seriousness though......The guy sounds like a scumbag poacher.
Man, Michigan's been in the news a lot lately, just not for anything good. First, our [bleep] Governor, then failed dams(followed by more empty talk from [bleep] Governor) and now this poaching POS.
I'm not EVEN going to ask what's next.

Carry on.

Sarah McLachlan sings like a fuggin' angel, and she had nice breasts. cool

mike r

Dog fighting makes some sense, and chicken fighting might too if people had the patience to let 'em duke it out with their own spurs

Carry on.

Sarah McLachlan sings like a fuggin' angel, and she had nice breasts. cool

Sounds (and looks) good to me. Bring her on, Jim!

mike r

You must be really fearless there Guero.

Anyhoo some years back an ex-In Law was recruited to drive a pickup truck loaded down with crates of young roosters and pullets from here to Cuidad Juarez. He found out later the load was worth $30,000 and that the last driver had just disappeared, along with the truck.

mike r

Dog fighting makes some sense, and chicken fighting might too if people had the patience to let 'em duke it out with their own spurs

Michael Vick and his 'banger buds would be in full agreement. It must be a ghetto [cultural] thing.

mike r
I was wondering about this the other day, why exactly are birds of prey protected? What makes a damn chicken hawk better than a crow? Had one circling the other day, looked like he was eyeballing my ducks and rabbits...thought to myself "this guy doesn't understand how a protection act works out here"...he buggered off eventually.
The guy sounds like a total piece of crap. Odds are they nailed him on about 1% of what he actually poached. These types don't give a chit about any type of fair chase hunting, season, laws, or ethics.

mike r

Michael Vick and his 'banger buds would be in full agreement. It must be a ghetto [cultural] thing.

mike r

Sir, surely you cannot be ignorant of the long tradition of dog fighting in the South, among White folks?

Of course back then the referees had to be able to reach in and separate the dogs if necessary so that any pit bull that showed aggression towards humans wasa immediately culled.

Which is why people would leave a pit bull with their kids as protection back then, like Petey in the Little Rascals. OK, maybe that's actually a load of doohickey, Hawkeye will be along presently.
Cockfighting rooster growers down here shoot the heck out of raptors, had a kid come in and show me him, his brother and his dad holding a shotgunned adult baldie by the outspread wings.

That's a really smart thing to post.

Can you tell us more?

Carry on.

LOL

mike r

mike r

Sir, surely you cannot be ignorant of the long tradition of dog fighting in the South, among White folks?

Of course back then the referees had to be able to reach in and separate the dogs if necessary so that any pit bull that showed aggression towards humans wasa immediately culled.

Which is why people would leave a pit bull with their kids as protection back then, like Petey in the Little Rascals. OK, maybe that's actually a load of doohickey, Hawkeye will be along presently.

There are ghettos in the south, they call them hollers,and inbreed between dog fights. I sure hope you don't teach US history.

mike r

Can you tell us more?

Davie is an undercover USFW agent... wink
Mr. Beans, Every now and then you do come up with a sensible post. This wasn't one of those times.
Originally Posted by Hastings
Mr. Beans, Every now and then you do come up with a sensible post. This wasn't one of those times.

Even I don't bat 1000, but I'm still batting above deflave.
Originally Posted by Hastings

laugh

DF

Can you tell us more?

Yes, after they found it laying on the ground, they reported it immediately.

Same kid used to work vacations as a jockey on the other side of the Border, I always used to call him El Gallinero. Honors student, good kid, went off to college, ain't heard from him since.

mike r

mike r

There are ghettos in the south, they call them hollers,and inbreed between dog fights. I sure hope you don't teach US history.

mike r

I think that's racist, what did I say that was wrong about dogfighting?
Originally Posted by 700LH

This

Can you tell us more?

Same kid used to work vacations as a jockey on the other side of the Border, I always used to call him El Gallinero. Honors student, good kid, went off to college, ain't heard from him since.

He was luckier than another kid anyhow, freshman year this other kid did a project on radishes, for the rest of his high school career I called him El Rabanero smile

Can you tell us more?

He was luckier than another kid anyhow, freshman year this other kid did a project on radishes, for the rest of his high school career I called him El Rabanero smile

Ever have a kid do a project with eggs?

Wouldn't want to have to call him El Huevon, would you?

(El Blanquillero just doesn't sound right)
I would find it a bit strange to see so much support for a poacher on a hunting site, if it was any other site than 24 Hour Campfire. No surprise here. GD
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Can you tell us more?

Senor, there’s some cultural subtleties one has to tread around carefully.

But way back when in happier times when preparing breakfast it used to crack my Ex up when I’d hold up a couple of eggs and say in my best Telemundo baritone....

Hola Senora, tengo dos huevos blancos grandes!. smile
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Can you tell us more?

Senor, there’s some cultural subtleties one has to tread around carefully.

But way back when in happier times when preparing breakfast it used to crack my Ex up when I’d hold up a couple of eggs and say in my best Telemundo baritone....

Hola Senora, tengo dos huevos blancos grandes!. smile

Llenos de sabor........................

no doubt

Yes, one must watch those subtleties.
Originally Posted by greydog
I would find it a bit strange to see so much support for a poacher on a hunting site, if it was any other site than 24 Hour Campfire. No surprise here. GD

But you fail to understand that it is not actually poaching when one is killing the predators of actual edible game.

This nation has spent $millions over the last couple centuries in the attempt to eradicate apex predators to protect this nations food supply. Then they turn around and spend $millions more to reestablish the apex predators for no more good reason than the furtherance of the disarmament of American Citizens.

Wolves on the endangered species list????LMFAO!

Let's move a couple hundred of the bastards into Central Park NY. That was historical habitat.

Why...are you worried you might suck one?

LOL

Why would you do that?

You could amp the insult up by, `Subaru Forester with a CVT transmission Lesbian'
I'm with those who say the guy should be locked up.

My issue with the suspect is that he killed these animals because he could and liked doing it. He was not killing to protect his livestock, pets, or family but because he found enjoyment doing so. Substitute "neighborhood dogs" or "kids" for Wolves or eagles and most here would accuse the suspect of being an up and coming serial killer and be clamoring for his head. Many would also sing a different tune if the suspect was killing game for the fun of it versus feeding their family due to economic hardships.

I am not anti-hunting of wolves, far from it. The biggest problem with the ESA is the absolute and total protection given to the organisms placed on it. I do try to consider motivations behind an individual's actions before praising or condemning that person. In this case, based on the info given, I am not going to jump on his bandwagon.

You got that going on up there too, eh? Seems to be popular with the anti crowd. They don't care nothing about about killing other peoples dogs and anything else that gets in their way.

I can see where there could be a problem using poison on public property.
Originally Posted by woodmaster81

My issue with the suspect is that he killed these animals because he could and liked doing it. He was not killing to protect his livestock, pets, or family but because he found enjoyment doing so. Substitute "neighborhood dogs" or "kids" for Wolves or eagles and most here would accuse the suspect of being an up and coming serial killer and be clamoring for his head. Many would also sing a different tune if the suspect was killing game for the fun of it versus feeding their family due to economic hardships.

I am not anti-hunting of wolves, far from it. The biggest problem with the ESA is the absolute and total protection given to the organisms placed on it. I do try to consider motivations behind an individual's actions before praising or condemning that person. In this case, based on the info given, I am not going to jump on his bandwagon.

This^^^^^^
Birdie—they fight roosters in Puerto Rico in the naked spur—some fights last for hours. In Mexico they fight in the short knife—most fights are over in seconds. Briton and America they fight in the Gaff which is right and proper.

My first thought on the charges 18 wolves in 18 months shows some serious skills.

But you fail to understand that it is not actually poaching when one is killing the predators of actual edible game.
This nation has spent $millions over the last couple centuries in the attempt to eradicate apex predators to protect this nations food supply. Then they turn around and spend $millions more to reestablish the apex predators for no more good reason than the furtherance of the disarmament of American Citizens.
Let's move a couple hundred of the bastards into Central Park NY. That was historical habitat.
It is easy to support wolves in a place where they aren't killing your animals that you own or hunt. Especially if said wolves are causing trouble for people such as hunters or farmers whom you are already against. As to dogs being shot, I was friends with a local (now deceased) veterinarian that was known to say that most dogs that got shot deserved it. I love dogs but dogs can pack up and do really bad stuff. It has brought me to grief with 3 different good friends when I told them what their dogs were up to and the need to stop them. Now I don't mention it.

Sometimes even a poacher has more common sense than emotional politicians who have absolutely no business dictating wildlife management laws.

Because something is the law, doesn't make it right.
I read a news release that indicates the man was using traps and snares. That may be the reason for the eagles getting killed. Non target species often get into traps. The eagles very well could have been by-catch.
I'm guessing he knew he was breaking the law. He got caught. There is no Constitutional right to kill protected species. No sympathy from me. He's a big boy who knew the consequences of his actions when he engaged in them.
Ain't an eagle out there don't need Killin. Ain't nothing but glorified vultures ..they should be managed like every other predator

if you can anybody can
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Why...are you worried you might suck one?

Its a compulsion for her.

Sometimes even a poacher has more common sense than emotional politicians who have absolutely no business dictating wildlife management laws.

A lot of experts on wolves here who have never even seen one. Not surprising.
Originally Posted by callnum

LOL.

Careful. Your ignorance is showing.

Again.

Not surprising.
UP deer herd devastated. Not safe to take your dog into woods. They terrorize livestock. Snowflakes and tree huggers may want wolves, I would like to see them all dead.
Originally Posted by 19rabbit52
UP deer herd devastated. Not safe to take your dog into woods. They terrorize livestock. Snowflakes and tree huggers may want wolves,

Funny how even in this thread, the known liberal trolls are the ones defending the wolves... whistle

I don't want all the wolves dead. Wolves have their place. Just not in areas where they are crammed down our throats, and create serious conflicts.

I don't want all eagles dead either. But to have politicians declare that just because they are eagles, they are exempt from being controlled when their numbers get out of control.

Said it before... Politics and Wildlife Management don't mix.

LOL.

Careful. Your ignorance is showing.

Again.

Not surprising.

Do tell us son of your wolf encounters.
Originally Posted by sse

if you can anybody can

Lot of truth in that. Lot of truth.
UP deer herd devastated. Not safe to take your dog into woods. They terrorize livestock. Snowflakes and tree huggers may want wolves, I would like to see them all dead.

Funny how all the folks that I know that live in the UP don't have this problem. You seem to have a wolf-phobia issue. You probably could use a few good sessions with a shrink and quit reading Little Red Ridinghood stories. You get scared to easy and the stories are made up. You know - fantasy.
Originally Posted by woodmaster81

I know of him takes it very serious about protecting his horses, cattle and other farm animals....he sold tanned hides on a corner of two major highways durning the summer months several miles from hunting camp...
I venture to guess someone turned him in....even tho most locals could care less about wolves, bald eagles would get to a few....

Where do I start?

The part where I was employed as one of only 2 wildlife specialists in the state qualified to accurately investigate re-introduced wolf program incidents?

The part where as a govt hunter, It was part of my job description to eliminate any large predator deemed to be a threat to the public? Including wolves.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

You are so ignorant you squeak when you walk.

Now.... How about you let us know YOUR qualifications? How about a photo?

We'll wait.

Funny how all the folks that I know that live in the UP don't have this problem. You seem to have a wolf-phobia issue. You probably could use a few good sessions with a shrink and quit reading Little Red Ridinghood stories. You get scared to easy and the stories are made up. You know - fantasy.

And what color is the sky in your world Leroy???
Callnum?

Where are ya, Buddy?

We are waiting.

Where do I start?

The part where I was employed as one of only 2 wildlife specialists qualified to accurately investigate re-introduced wolf program incidents?

The part where as a govt hunter, It was part of my job description to eliminate any large predator deemed to be a threat to the public? Including wolves.

We'll wait.

I have killed 2 in Idaho, one is rugged in my house. I have called in 9. A pic in pressed Wranglers standing by a truck in a state with no grey wolves hardly makes your point. All hat and all,,,,

I thought the article said he also poached deer, turkey's, bears, bocats, etc. In other words, an equal opportunity poacher.
As far as controlling apex predators to protect the food supply of the nation is concerned, BS. The point was not to protect the food supply but to be perceived as protecting economic interests. For guys like our poacher here, he kills stuff because he figures it's his right. It is not. GD

Where do I start?

The part where I was employed as one of only 2 wildlife specialists qualified to accurately investigate re-introduced wolf program incidents?

We'll wait.

I have killed 2 in Idaho, one is rugged in my house. I have called in 9. A pic in pressed Wranglers standing by a truck in a state with no grey wolves hardly makes your point. All hat and all,,,,

Since you know so much..

How about you tell me which state I'm standing in, and how many wolves said state doesn't have?

How about you tell us all about the imaginary wolves you speak of didn't do this?

I'd stop diggin' that hole, old son.
What proof do you have those are wolf kills? Big buckles and goofy jeans don't make you an expert. Wildlife services would have killed those wolves lets see the pics.
What proof do you have those are wolf kills? Big buckles and goofy jeans don't make you an expert. Wildlife services would have killed those wolves lets see the pics.

Just what job do you think that was? Clue: notice the large snares on the headache rack of the govt pickup?.. LOL.

More ignorance showing..

By all means continue.

But..No, dumbass. Wildlife Services doesn't just go kill wolves that kill cattle.

They send an investigator in to determine if the kill is actually a wolf kill, they also track which collard wolves were in the area and could have participated, and then report so that the rancher could be compensated for the loss.

In wolf protected areas, they only take out certain wolves that are multiple time killers, and it can be proven. (Hence the need for investigators... duh)

And yes, I have killed wolf, and beyond just that, I have personally called in and killed a wolf.

But please continue to dazzle us with your ignorance... laugh
Wow, eagles have gotten a lot cheaper.

Guys out here used to face $10,000 restitution for killing eagles when they were caught.
Are You really as stupid as what you write?

I think protecting any animal on the verge of extinction is prudent, but I can't fathom why anybody gives a fugk about some guy popping a couple in 2020.

Bald eagles are as much if not more scavenger than they are predator.

But it is harder to engender warm and fuzzy feelings over a scavenger vs. what is perceived to be a predator.

mike r

No wolves on the hi line either. Yet. Jim would spread 'em. Then he would brag about it here.

There actually are wolves up on the hi line. Have been for years.

Quit spewing sch!t about things you know nothing of.
Maybe the guy was an Indian from a protected tribe? If he got caught in Michigan they would give him a casino. `Chief eagle stew'
Originally Posted by Tarkio

Bald eagles are as much if not more scavenger than they are predator.

But it is harder to engender warm and fuzzy feelings over a scavenger vs. what is perceived to be a predator.

This may be true and is certainly interesting. In many respects, scavengers are more valuable than predators. To one guy who prided himself on shooting vultures, I asked if he preferred to have more rotting carcasses around.
Like most carnivores, eagles are opportunistic feeders. Wolves, coyotes, bears, wolverine, all like carrion just fine but will also take live prey. Only the cats seem not to be as attracted to carrion. GD

Eagles and turkeys enjoy the fine dining when it's hot off the shlt spreader........
Only the cats seem not to be as attracted to carrion. GD

Mountain lions have indeed been documented to feed on dead animals as scavengers.

For a long time it was thought that they wouldn't eat anything they didn't kill themselves. But now we know better.

I lived in the UP for 20+ years. Only left for MT a few years ago because the hunting was so bad. That and the weather sucks.
That statement isnt too far from the truth.
The eagles where bycatch BTW. And the guy was poaching game animals as well.

You don’t know anyone in the UP. If by some small chance.you do know someone, they live in the Soo or Escanaba.
I have many friends in the UP, and they all are out in the woods frequently. The wolves are so bold they ignore rocks thrown at them as they circle the campsite or hunter or mushroom pickers. Loud noises and momentary bright light has an effect. One buddy lost his prize bird dog to wolves.
Originally Posted by m_stevenson

You don’t know anyone in the UP. If by some small chance.you do know someone, they live in the Soo or Escanaba.
I have many friends in the UP, and they all are out in the woods frequently. The wolves are so bold they ignore rocks thrown at them as they circle the campsite or hunter or mushroom pickers. Loud noises and momentary bright light has an effect. One buddy lost his prize bird dog to wolves.

You make good stories. None of which are true, but they will make for good forum filler.
When I rode West Texas east to west on a bicycle last summer, I didn’t see a single hawk of any kind from near Mason to out past Sweetwater, im recalling only five turkey vultures, no black vultures at all, this over a distance I noted at the time of about 300 miles.

Sheep and goat country.
Originally Posted by m_stevenson

Blah blah blah blah blah extra stupid blah blah
© 24hourcampfire