Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by greydog
Only the cats seem not to be as attracted to carrion. GD

Mountain lions have indeed been documented to feed on dead animals as scavengers.

For a long time it was thought that they wouldn't eat anything they didn't kill themselves. But now we know better.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Originally Posted by 19rabbit52
UP deer herd devastated. Not safe to take your dog into woods. They terrorize livestock. Snowflakes and tree huggers may want wolves, I would like to see them all dead.

Funny how all the folks that I know that live in the UP don't have this problem. You seem to have a wolf-phobia issue. You probably could use a few good sessions with a shrink and quit reading Little Red Ridinghood stories. You get scared to easy and the stories are made up. You know - fantasy.

I lived in the UP for 20+ years. Only left for MT a few years ago because the hunting was so bad. That and the weather sucks.
That statement isnt too far from the truth.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
The eagles where bycatch BTW. And the guy was poaching game animals as well.

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
UP deer herd devastated. Not safe to take your dog into woods. They terrorize livestock. Snowflakes and tree huggers may want wolves, I would like to see them all dead.

Funny how all the folks that I know that live in the UP don't have this problem. You seem to have a wolf-phobia issue. You probably could use a few good sessions with a shrink and quit reading Little Red Ridinghood stories. You get scared to easy and the stories are made up. You know - fantasy.

You don’t know anyone in the UP. If by some small chance.you do know someone, they live in the Soo or Escanaba.
I have many friends in the UP, and they all are out in the woods frequently. The wolves are so bold they ignore rocks thrown at them as they circle the campsite or hunter or mushroom pickers. Loud noises and momentary bright light has an effect. One buddy lost his prize bird dog to wolves.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by m_stevenson

You don’t know anyone in the UP. If by some small chance.you do know someone, they live in the Soo or Escanaba.
I have many friends in the UP, and they all are out in the woods frequently. The wolves are so bold they ignore rocks thrown at them as they circle the campsite or hunter or mushroom pickers. Loud noises and momentary bright light has an effect. One buddy lost his prize bird dog to wolves.

You make good stories. None of which are true, but they will make for good forum filler.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
When I rode West Texas east to west on a bicycle last summer, I didn’t see a single hawk of any kind from near Mason to out past Sweetwater, im recalling only five turkey vultures, no black vultures at all, this over a distance I noted at the time of about 300 miles.

Sheep and goat country.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by m_stevenson

Blah blah blah blah blah extra stupid blah blah

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

415 members (257 mag, 163bc, 2500HD, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 41 invisible), 1,662 guests, and 1,002 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,867
Posts18,497,454
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.