Home
Posted By: wabigoon Let's Love God Tonight. - 06/03/20
He loves, and Blesses us. Care to share some Faith tonight?

If any do not care to join in, just walk on by.

[Linked Image from dailyverses.net]
Posted By: viking Re: Let's Love God Tonight. - 06/03/20
Amen
Posted By: AKA_Spook Re: Let's Love God Tonight. - 06/03/20
Amen , take no prisoners
Posted By: slumlord Re: Let's Love God Tonight. - 06/03/20

Posted By: wabigoon Re: Let's Love God Tonight. - 06/03/20

YouTube will not load.
Posted By: RemModel8 Re: Let's Love God Tonight. - 06/03/20
My neighbor's 6 year old son recently died from leukemia. Praise God.
Saddened to learn that. May our Lord Jesus give strength to all.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Let's Love God Tonight. - 06/03/20

Posted By: powdr Re: Let's Love God Tonight. - 06/03/20
Wabigoon, our Lord guided the surgeon's hand just a week ago to remove a diseased eye from my wife and I'm glad to report that she is doing wonderfully. Praise God! powdr
Posted By: antlers Re: Let's Love God Tonight. - 06/03/20
Originally Posted by RemModel8
I can appreciate that line of thinking. I understand (the best I can) why one might feel that way regarding instances such as the one you’ve mentioned above. I’ve struggled with this myself.
I believe that there is a cause and effect relationship between sin and suffering. I’m not talking about the personal consequences of sin, which we’ve all experienced. The cause and effect relationship between sin and suffering goes beyond personal behavior...it is a global reality. There is a global relationship between sin and suffering. It’s not fair, and it takes everything out of our control.
When sin entered the world, it held the door open for sorrow, death, illness, and despair. They snuck in right behind sin. And sin wreaks havoc on the world. Instances such as the one you mentioned above are part of the global consequences of sin in the world. The presence of sin in the world is why these things happen.
It’s not fair. Children with cancer (for example). I struggle with it. Bad things happen to good people. I believe the worst possible thing happened to the best possible person. He was without sin, and yet...He was tortured and executed.
I don’t like it, but it’s true...when sin entered the world, death (and its allies) was right on its heels. It’s a wake up call. He wants us to look up and regain, or find for the first time, our hope. One day there will be no more sin, no more sorrow, no more death...but not yet.
Anyway, I don’t mean to be offensive. But you hit right on a subject that resonated with me...and I can understand (the best I can) why one would feel about it as you do.
If you bothered to learn and understand God, you would know he does not control man's destiny like a puppeteer. Man and mankind suffer the consequences of sin, he offers redemption at the end.
Well put, antlers.
To God be the glory!
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Let's Love God Tonight. - 06/04/20
I'm back after a nice chat with a good friend. Anne Murray does this old hymn well.
Thank you all so much, sharing Faith in our Lord God Jesus is more satisfying than catching all the walleyes in Ontario.

May God Bless all of us.
I can't leave without posting Hamblen again. Hamblen was a cowboy, and a hunter, this hymn was inspired by John Wayne.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Let's Love God Tonight. - 06/04/20
One of my favorite songs Wabbi.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Let's Love God Tonight. - 06/04/20
That's a great one 12344mag. Nice work.
Posted By: 30Gibbs Re: Let's Love God Tonight. - 06/04/20
Originally Posted by powdr
Wabigoon, our Lord guided the surgeon's hand just a week ago to remove a diseased eye from my wife and I'm glad to report that she is doing wonderfully. Praise God! powdr

Prayers for your wife and good health, Amen.
Thanks Paul, and all. It is so good to share the Love of Christ with fellow believers. I can not thank all of you good men enough. Hopefully this has been a sermon all can see.
Once more, such a Gift.[Linked Image from dailyverses.net]
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Let's Love God Tonight. - 06/04/20
Can I wait until morning? I was planning on getting some tonight. wink
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Let's Love God Tonight. - 06/04/20
We went out to dinner and said a prayer for a couple of friends.

We were so excited to sit down in a restaurant that we forgot to say grace.

We said it after....
Posted By: watch4bear Re: Let's Love God Tonight. - 06/04/20
Posted By: SCGunNut Re: Let's Love God Tonight. - 06/04/20
I ask for prayers for my soul. The thoughts I've been having this week while watching TV and listening to the radio have been anything but Christ-like. Surely I'm not the only one....
Posted By: powdr Re: Let's Love God Tonight. - 06/04/20
GunNut. I shall lift you up in prayer tonight. Trust me, he has a plan for you. Tie a knot in the rope and hang on. powdr
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Let's Love God Tonight. - 06/04/20
Originally Posted by wabigoon
He loves, and Blesses us. Care to share some Faith tonight?

If any do not care to join in, just walk on by.

[Linked Image from dailyverses.net]

+1000 Couldn't have said it any better.

AMEN
Thanks all! I need to get out and rake hay.
Posted By: RemModel8 Re: Let's Love God Tonight. - 06/04/20
Originally Posted by antlers
I can appreciate that line of thinking. I understand (the best I can) why one might feel that way regarding instances such as the one you’ve mentioned above. I’ve struggled with this myself.
I believe that there is a cause and effect relationship between sin and suffering. I’m not talking about the personal consequences of sin, which we’ve all experienced. The cause and effect relationship between sin and suffering goes beyond personal behavior...it is a global reality. There is a global relationship between sin and suffering. It’s not fair, and it takes everything out of our control.
When sin entered the world, it held the door open for sorrow, death, illness, and despair. They snuck in right behind sin. And sin wreaks havoc on the world. Instances such as the one you mentioned above are part of the global consequences of sin in the world. The presence of sin in the world is why these things happen.
It’s not fair. Children with cancer (for example). I struggle with it. Bad things happen to good people. I believe the worst possible thing happened to the best possible person. He was without sin, and yet...He was tortured and executed.
I don’t like it, but it’s true...when sin entered the world, death (and its allies) was right on its heels. It’s a wake up call. He wants us to look up and regain, or find for the first time, our hope. One day there will be no more sin, no more sorrow, no more death...but not yet.
Anyway, I don’t mean to be offensive. But you hit right on a subject that resonated with me...and I can understand (the best I can) why one would feel about it as you do.

God had NO control over SIN entering the world? But he's omnipotent?
Posted By: slumlord Re: Let's Love God Tonight. - 06/04/20
Just seen a white cop huggin on a black boy and his mama in the bank parking lot.

I missed the hugging part of the pic, sometimes people just need to look around, it ain’t all bad.

Not everything is a dayum conspiracy, go outside for fugg’s sake

Thought I’d share

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: antlers Re: Let's Love God Tonight. - 06/04/20
I believe He is omnipotent. And I believe He did have control over sin entering the world. Why did He allow it...?
I don’t know.
It’s a conundrum for LOTS of us...and for good reason. He allowed it, He had His reasons for doing so, and I sure as heck can’t discern it.
I believe He is omnipotent. And I believe He did have control over sin entering the world. Why did He allow it...?
I don’t know.
It’s a conundrum for LOTS of us...and for good reason. He allowed it, He had His reasons for doing so, and I sure as heck can’t discern it.

Understood. I'm not good with it and I'll be holding a crutch against him. I understand that I didn't rape 47 boy/girlscouts and discover Christ in prison, so I'll likely burn. But if that SOB can let a child rapist/murder through the pearly gates because he believes in Christ, I'm thinking he can save a 6 year old from cancer.
I would strongly suggest non of us call The Lord God Jesus derogatory
names.

No matter how bad it looks, keep on the sunny side of life. I have found the Book of Job to be a splendid study on the topic.

Not wanting to rile anyone. may our Lord Bless us all.
Understood. I'm not good with it and I'll be holding a crutch against him. I understand that I didn't rape 47 boy/girl scouts and discover Christ in prison, so I'll likely burn. But if that SOB can let a child rapist/murder through the pearly gates because he believes in Christ, I'm thinking he can save a 6 year old from cancer.
Understood. People usually have good reasons for feeling the way they do about such things. And I believe you do.

For me, I believe that God knows how or why everything happens. And He has complete control over His world. His ways are not my ways...and it would be folly for me to imagine such a thing. Although I want to know why...I don’t have to know why good people suffer in agony and/or die in pain. He knows. And it’s His knowing that is overwhelming to me, it’s His knowing that is completely real to me.
And I don’t want to be apart from Him just because I can’t grasp all of this. He can grasp it.
Understood. I'm not good with it and I'll be holding a crutch against him. I understand that I didn't rape 47 boy/girl scouts and discover Christ in prison, so I'll likely burn. But if that SOB can let a child rapist/murder through the pearly gates because he believes in Christ, I'm thinking he can save a 6 year old from cancer.
Understood. People usually have good reasons for feeling the way they do about such things. And I believe you do.

For me, I believe that God knows how or why everything happens. And He has complete control over His world. His ways are not my ways...and it would be folly for me to imagine such a thing. Although I want to know why...I don’t have to know why good people suffer in agony and/or die in pain. He knows. And it’s His knowing that is overwhelming to me, it’s His knowing that is completely real to me.
And I don’t want to be apart from Him just because I can’t grasp all of this. He can grasp it.

I believe God gets WAY too much credit for the good and blame for the bad. He's a shoulder to cry on, but he doesn't have control of the situation. Perhaps he is even dead, which makes sense.
I would strongly suggest non of us call The Lord God Jesus derogatory
names.

No matter how bad it looks, keep on the sunny side of life. I have found the Book of Job to be a splendid study on the topic.

Not wanting to rile anyone. may our Lord Bless us all.

Agreed, a child lying in a puddle of blood and cum after being raped and killed is a good reason to call him good. What is your litmus test?
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Let's Love God Tonight. - 06/04/20
Jeebus....go lay down.
The second word of the title is LOVE. I ain't gonna hurt us to try that.
Shrug, "Many are called, but few are chosen", There are many non-believers, many places I pray will, see the Light.

I have haul some hay now.

In short, love the one that allows your child to die of cancer, got it.

In short, love the one that allows your child to die of cancer ON EARTH BUT LIVE FOR ETERNITY IN HEAVEN got it.

BOUT TIME.
Originally Posted by jaguartx

In short, love the one that allows your child to die of cancer ON EARTH BUT LIVE FOR ETERNITY IN HEAVEN got it.

BOUT TIME.

I'm not a narcissist but it sounds like it is RIGHT up your ally. It's so funny when a piece of [bleep] thinks he's so self important.
I don’t know.

I'm thinking he can save a 6 year old from cancer.

And HE does. And thousands a day, from cancer, tetanus, malaria, dpt, rabies, diarrhea, war, accidents, drownings, autocrashes.....and in a better and more meaningful way than you could ever imagine.

But, it's your way or the highway. Show us a pic of your all seeing eye.

BOUT TIME.

I'm not a narcissist but it sounds like it is RIGHT up your ally. It's so funny when a piece of [bleep] thinks he's so self important.

As yourself does.

I think the word is believer or Christian, but I'm impressed by your effort, however feeble it is.
I don’t know.

I'm thinking he can save a 6 year old from cancer.

And HE does. And thousands a day, from cancer, tetanus, malaria, dpt, rabies, diarrhea, war, accidents, drownings, autocrashes.....and in a better and more meaningful way than you could ever imagine.

But, it's your way or the highway. Show us a pic of your all seeing eye.

I'm not the one that felt the need to edit my post to make their sorry ass feel good. My guess is you are knocking on death's door, and I pray to God that someone lets us know when you die so we can be happy. I promise I will laugh when you die.
With your faith, it's best you depend on yourself. At least you make Lucifer proud.

BOUT TIME.

As yourself does.

I think the word is believer or Christian, but I'm impressed by your effort, however feeble it is.

If you are an example of what goes to heaven, I pray your tart of a daughter (because calling chicks tarts is a good thing on the Campfire, especially by the god fearing folks) lets us know when your dumb ass is gone.
Like you had to crap on Wabis post to make yourself feel good?
It's the geniuses like you and Soros who denigrate GOD.
With your faith, it's best you depend on yourself. At least you make Lucifer proud.

You are going to rot in hell, no doubt about it. I'm laughing knowing that you will be butt [bleep] by Satan for 100000000 years for your ego and judgement.

On the plus side, your gals will likely only get 100 years of black cock, because that is God's judgement and he doesn't discriminant between races.

Lots of year round tan babies in your family's future. God Bless! It is His will.
Like you had to crap on Wabis post to make yourself feel good?

Apparently 6 year old children dying of cancer is crapping on your [bleep] up parade. Don't worry, your future ancestors will be BLACK.
I believe God gets WAY too much credit for the good and blame for the bad.
That’s a realistic perspective; I can see that view.
He's a shoulder to cry on, but he doesn't have control of the situation. Perhaps he is even dead, which makes sense.
Maybe the views that many of us have about God should be abandoned...maybe the views that many of us have about God aren't even biblical views.

For example, The God who responds to fair and selfless requests like we would. Instead, He answers our requests with His infinite wisdom. Or, The God whose presence is always felt. Instead, we are least aware of what is most constant. Or, The God who controls people through guilt and fear. Instead, He desires repentance rather than guilt. Or, The God who requires us to live by undeniable science or unreliable religion. Instead, following Jesus is based on more than simply faith; also the choice between faith and science is a false alternative. Or, The God who is the explanation for everything we can’t explain. Instead, God is the explanation for much in the universe that can be explained, such as design and order. And...The God who never allows bad things to happen to good people. Instead, Christianity is founded on the events of the cross of Jesus, in which ‘bad things’ did happen to a perfect person.

These views of God are held by many people who were raised in Christian homes. These basic views of God might have been affirmed as children, but as adults these charicatures of God are wholly inadequate to deal with the complexities and challenges of the real world...such as the ones mentioned that you and I both struggle with.
I believe God gets WAY too much credit for the good and blame for the bad.
That’s a realistic perspective; I can see that view.
He's a shoulder to cry on, but he doesn't have control of the situation. Perhaps he is even dead, which makes sense.
Maybe the views that many of us have about God should be abandoned...maybe the views that many of us have about God aren't even biblical views.

For example, The God who responds to fair and selfless requests like we would. Instead, He answers our requests with His infinite wisdom. Or, The God whose presence is always felt. Instead, we are least aware of what is most constant. Or, The God who controls people through guilt and fear. Instead, He desires repentance rather than guilt. Or, The God who requires us to live by undeniable science or unreliable religion. Instead, following Jesus is based on more than simply faith; also the choice between faith and science is a false alternative. Or, The God who is the explanation for everything we can’t explain. Instead, God is the explanation for much in the universe that can be explained, such as design and order. And...The God who never allows bad things to happen to good people. Instead, Christianity is founded on the events of the cross of Jesus, in which ‘bad things’ did happen to a perfect person.

These views of God are held by many people who were raised in Christian homes. These basic views of God might have been affirmed as children, but as adults these charicatures of God are wholly inadequate to deal with the complexities and challenges of the real world...such as the ones that you and I both struggle with.

God has a plan for a 6 year old that can't spell God and an idiot from Texas?
Posted By: krp Re: Let's Love God Tonight. - 06/04/20
God saves our soul not our bodies, we have dominion of the world, we as individuals and as a whole have free will, we are responsible for whatever ills we suffer here... the Christ lesson is it doesn't matter if we suffer and die young... people keep getting it wrong thinking God rewards us worldly... doesn't help that religion is world based in it's teachings and actions.

God won't give you a new truck, win you the lottery or cure your cancer... the world is what it is, some will die young and innocent, old chitbirds will grow old and fat.

God is there for after.

Kent
God has a plan for a 6 year old that can't spell God...?
He says He does. I believe He does. I don’t understand the agony and death part of it...on a personal level...for the boy, his family, others who cared for him, and you.
I believe that your neighbor's 6 year old son who recently died from leukemia is in God’s presence, and I believe the child now feels and knows something that is unimaginably good...something that none of us can relate to. Not yet.
I hope this thread is doing some Good. The idea was to Love God back, and Praise Him.
Posted By: nighthawk Re: Let's Love God Tonight. - 06/04/20
Why just tonight? (just kidding - for me it' an allatime thing)
The thread was started last night Hawk, I'm with you. Praise Him, make a joyful noise.
Odd , as a Gift, it is hard to give away, the value of salvation through Christ Jesus is valuable beyond all the wealth in the world.
Originally Posted by krp
God saves our soul not our bodies, we have dominion of the world, we as individuals and as a whole have free will, we are responsible for whatever ills we suffer here... the Christ lesson is it doesn't matter if we suffer and die young... people keep getting it wrong thinking God rewards us worldly... doesn't help that religion is world based in it's teachings and actions.

God won't give you a new truck, win you the lottery or cure your cancer... the world is what it is, some will die young and innocent, old chitbirds will grow old and fat.

God is there for after.

Kent

Amen. He isnt responsible for the toxins we fill the world and our bodies or those of our kids with which increase the risks of flesh killing disease.
Odd , as a Gift, it is hard to give away, the value of salvation through Christ Jesus is valuable beyond all the wealth in the world.

Most treat free stuff as worthless. It's a normal human failing.

You are going to rot in hell, no doubt about it. I'm laughing knowing that you will be butt [bleep] by Satan for 100000000 years for your ego and judgement.

On the plus side, your gals will likely only get 100 years of black cock, because that is God's judgement and he doesn't discriminant between races.

Lots of year round tan babies in your family's future. God Bless! It is His will.

Hey, there isnt any God because your neighbor kid passed, remember.

PS. Judge not, least ye....
The Lord works in mysterious ways. Beyond human comprehension. Trust in Him
To say GOD is cruel or evil is blasphemy and demonstrates a rejection of HIM or belief in HIM.
+
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Let's Love God Tonight. - 06/04/20
Really the trick in loving God is to love all his children (including yourself). Some make it hard to do.
Sounds like an Eddie Money song from Heaven...

Let’s love God tonight,
I don’t wanna let you go til you see the light.
Let’s love God tonight,
Come on honey just like Mary said,
Here’s my baby Jesus......
No fights please, this is, so of a place of Worship. After while I'll pass the collection plates. laugh
Ed Brady, Austin radio minister, said, "Forgive yourself", Christ has forgiven you, no one else matters.
Too late on passing the plate. The late nite TV preacher got my money. The one that told me to mortgage my house and send the cash to him to plant a faith seed IN HIS POCKET and God will return it a hundred fold. Right.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Let's Love God Tonight. - 06/05/20
The only TV preacher I thought a lot of was the Reverend Billy Graham. Sincere, he pushed no domatium, just Pure simple Salivation through Christ Jesus. Billy never asked for money.

Thanks all good Christian responders.
Posted By: bludog Re: Let's Love God Tonight. - 06/05/20
"Love your enemies, pray for those who persecute you."

"In God I have put my trust, I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?"

"Be still and know that I am God."

"In this world you will have trouble. But take heart, I have overcome the world."

"My peace I give you. Not as the world gives do I give. Let not your heart be troubled, nor let it be afraid'

"I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he will live."

"If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."

Praise the Lord for His wonderful words of comfort for those who believe and trust in Jesus as their Lord and Savior!
Thank you Blue, fellow Christians are a great comfort. Once again, may our Lord Jesus Bless us all.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Let's Love God Tonight. - 06/05/20
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Too late on passing the plate. The late nite TV preacher got my money. The one that told me to mortgage my house and send the cash to him to plant a faith seed IN HIS POCKET and God will return it a hundred fold. Right.

What did you give to the joker who told you to call him father and to turn your guns to plowshares?
False Profits are another story. Good night all, "Pastor Wabigoon" has left the building.
Posted By: nighthawk Re: Let's Love God Tonight. - 06/05/20
Originally Posted by nighthawk

What did you give to the joker who told you to call him father and to turn your guns to plowshares?

He didn't ask for anything but prayers, and always for somebody else. Some of those TV preachers are amazing to listen to - the theology of how to turn God into your personal ATM.
Just a bit of Joyful Music.
© 24hourcampfire