GB1

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Can I wait until morning? I was planning on getting some tonight. wink

Last edited by jaguartx; 06/03/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
We went out to dinner and said a prayer for a couple of friends.

We were so excited to sit down in a restaurant that we forgot to say grace.

We said it after....

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I ask for prayers for my soul. The thoughts I've been having this week while watching TV and listening to the radio have been anything but Christ-like. Surely I'm not the only one....

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
GunNut. I shall lift you up in prayer tonight. Trust me, he has a plan for you. Tie a knot in the rope and hang on. powdr

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wabigoon
He loves, and Blesses us. Care to share some Faith tonight?

If any do not care to join in, just walk on by.

[Linked Image from dailyverses.net]

+1000 Couldn't have said it any better.

AMEN

Last edited by mtnsnake; 06/04/20.
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Thanks all! I need to get out and rake hay.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by RemModel8
My neighbor's 6 year old son recently died from leukemia. Praise God.
I can appreciate that line of thinking. I understand (the best I can) why one might feel that way regarding instances such as the one you’ve mentioned above. I’ve struggled with this myself.
I believe that there is a cause and effect relationship between sin and suffering. I’m not talking about the personal consequences of sin, which we’ve all experienced. The cause and effect relationship between sin and suffering goes beyond personal behavior...it is a global reality. There is a global relationship between sin and suffering. It’s not fair, and it takes everything out of our control.
When sin entered the world, it held the door open for sorrow, death, illness, and despair. They snuck in right behind sin. And sin wreaks havoc on the world. Instances such as the one you mentioned above are part of the global consequences of sin in the world. The presence of sin in the world is why these things happen.
It’s not fair. Children with cancer (for example). I struggle with it. Bad things happen to good people. I believe the worst possible thing happened to the best possible person. He was without sin, and yet...He was tortured and executed.
I don’t like it, but it’s true...when sin entered the world, death (and its allies) was right on its heels. It’s a wake up call. He wants us to look up and regain, or find for the first time, our hope. One day there will be no more sin, no more sorrow, no more death...but not yet.
Anyway, I don’t mean to be offensive. But you hit right on a subject that resonated with me...and I can understand (the best I can) why one would feel about it as you do.

God had NO control over SIN entering the world? But he's omnipotent?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just seen a white cop huggin on a black boy and his mama in the bank parking lot.

I missed the hugging part of the pic, sometimes people just need to look around, it ain’t all bad.

Not everything is a dayum conspiracy, go outside for fugg’s sake

Thought I’d share

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can appreciate that line of thinking. I understand (the best I can) why one might feel that way regarding instances such as the one you’ve mentioned above. I’ve struggled with this myself.
I believe that there is a cause and effect relationship between sin and suffering. I’m not talking about the personal consequences of sin, which we’ve all experienced. The cause and effect relationship between sin and suffering goes beyond personal behavior...it is a global reality. There is a global relationship between sin and suffering. It’s not fair, and it takes everything out of our control.
When sin entered the world, it held the door open for sorrow, death, illness, and despair. They snuck in right behind sin. And sin wreaks havoc on the world. Instances such as the one you mentioned above are part of the global consequences of sin in the world. The presence of sin in the world is why these things happen.
It’s not fair. Children with cancer (for example). I struggle with it. Bad things happen to good people. I believe the worst possible thing happened to the best possible person. He was without sin, and yet...He was tortured and executed.
I don’t like it, but it’s true...when sin entered the world, death (and its allies) was right on its heels. It’s a wake up call. He wants us to look up and regain, or find for the first time, our hope. One day there will be no more sin, no more sorrow, no more death...but not yet.
Anyway, I don’t mean to be offensive. But you hit right on a subject that resonated with me...and I can understand (the best I can) why one would feel about it as you do.
I believe He is omnipotent. And I believe He did have control over sin entering the world. Why did He allow it...?
I don’t know.
It’s a conundrum for LOTS of us...and for good reason. He allowed it, He had His reasons for doing so, and I sure as heck can’t discern it.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I believe He is omnipotent. And I believe He did have control over sin entering the world. Why did He allow it...?
I don’t know.
It’s a conundrum for LOTS of us...and for good reason. He allowed it, He had His reasons for doing so, and I sure as heck can’t discern it.

Understood. I'm not good with it and I'll be holding a crutch against him. I understand that I didn't rape 47 boy/girlscouts and discover Christ in prison, so I'll likely burn. But if that SOB can let a child rapist/murder through the pearly gates because he believes in Christ, I'm thinking he can save a 6 year old from cancer.

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
I would strongly suggest non of us call The Lord God Jesus derogatory
names.

No matter how bad it looks, keep on the sunny side of life. I have found the Book of Job to be a splendid study on the topic.

Not wanting to rile anyone. may our Lord Bless us all.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Understood. I'm not good with it and I'll be holding a crutch against him. I understand that I didn't rape 47 boy/girl scouts and discover Christ in prison, so I'll likely burn. But if that SOB can let a child rapist/murder through the pearly gates because he believes in Christ, I'm thinking he can save a 6 year old from cancer.
Understood. People usually have good reasons for feeling the way they do about such things. And I believe you do.

For me, I believe that God knows how or why everything happens. And He has complete control over His world. His ways are not my ways...and it would be folly for me to imagine such a thing. Although I want to know why...I don’t have to know why good people suffer in agony and/or die in pain. He knows. And it’s His knowing that is overwhelming to me, it’s His knowing that is completely real to me.
And I don’t want to be apart from Him just because I can’t grasp all of this. He can grasp it.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Understood. I'm not good with it and I'll be holding a crutch against him. I understand that I didn't rape 47 boy/girl scouts and discover Christ in prison, so I'll likely burn. But if that SOB can let a child rapist/murder through the pearly gates because he believes in Christ, I'm thinking he can save a 6 year old from cancer.
Understood. People usually have good reasons for feeling the way they do about such things. And I believe you do.

For me, I believe that God knows how or why everything happens. And He has complete control over His world. His ways are not my ways...and it would be folly for me to imagine such a thing. Although I want to know why...I don’t have to know why good people suffer in agony and/or die in pain. He knows. And it’s His knowing that is overwhelming to me, it’s His knowing that is completely real to me.
And I don’t want to be apart from Him just because I can’t grasp all of this. He can grasp it.

I believe God gets WAY too much credit for the good and blame for the bad. He's a shoulder to cry on, but he doesn't have control of the situation. Perhaps he is even dead, which makes sense.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I would strongly suggest non of us call The Lord God Jesus derogatory
names.

No matter how bad it looks, keep on the sunny side of life. I have found the Book of Job to be a splendid study on the topic.

Not wanting to rile anyone. may our Lord Bless us all.

Agreed, a child lying in a puddle of blood and cum after being raped and killed is a good reason to call him good. What is your litmus test?

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Jeebus....go lay down.

I am MAGA.
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
The second word of the title is LOVE. I ain't gonna hurt us to try that.

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Shrug, "Many are called, but few are chosen", There are many non-believers, many places I pray will, see the Light.

I have haul some hay now.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
The second word of the title is LOVE. I ain't gonna hurt us to try that.

In short, love the one that allows your child to die of cancer, got it.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

637 members (160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 69 invisible), 2,451 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,197
Posts18,524,088
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.