Home
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/je...-dismantle-minneapolis-police-department

Does anyone see what could go wrong with this plan by the left ?

Start small. Dismantle the details that protect the mayor, city council, and the governor first.

I'll bet that a lot of companies--Mike Lindell's pillow factory comes to mind--are quietly shelving plans to consider Minneapolis for their next expansion, and nobody will ever know that.
All that the police need to do to make their point is to simply stay home for one week. No yelling, no dialogue, just stay home. Eventually a judge will force them back on the job and reality will be realized.

Do it Nationwide.

They cannot fire the whole pd at a single stroke.
Not that I'm sugesting this in any way, but, do you think that turning loose tens of thousands of Americans , to stop the riots and burnings as they see fit , the carnage would be unbelievable !
Originally Posted by jimy
Not that I'm sugesting this in any way, but, do you think that turning loose tens of thousands of Americans , to stop the riots and burnings as they see fit , the carnage would be unbelievable !

Many would be shooting their own kids, nieces and nephews were it so.

Millennial’s. kids.
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Many would be shooting their own kids, nieces and nephews were it so.

Millennial’s. kids.

And the down side being ..............
Cops are gonna end up disarmed, at least side arms, in more than a few cities before too long.
The struggle is real crazy LA is cancelling LAPD bonuses and cutting $250,000,000 from the LAPD budget to give it to “the Black Community”, whoever they are.

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/03/8692...-mayor-eric-garcetti-announces-cuts-to-l

I dunno how “the Mexican Community” will react to this.

Prob’ly ain’t gonna help LAPD recruiting and retention either.
If I had a home in Minneapolis there'd be a for sale sign out front. "Reduced" even.
Originally Posted by Morewood
If I had a home in Minneapolis there'd be a for sale sign out front. "Reduced" even.

Thinking a few will “burn “ for insurance money.
The biggest downside to this whole mess is that schitt for brains white liberals are going to be flowing out of the cities like they're in training for the Boston Marathon.

Ain't no tellin' how many places they'll contaminate.
I'd call it a first step toward a national police force......a VERY bad move
The big box stores will suffer huge losses all the while mom and pop stores will shoot shoplifters like rouge cats !

Wanna try and rob a liquor store, I don't think so !

They could hire weak beta males like caldum and Leroy to enforce the laws LMAO
Vigilante justice with no repercussions....... oh my , they should be careful what they wish for!
If were not going to have cops, well those guys on the sexual preditors list are not going to register for very long ......
The same guy gave his full support to Antifa too.

Minneapolis will be Detroit soon. Nothing left but weeds and abandoned houses. White liberals in the suburbs saying it will come back.
Originally Posted by Morewood

Richmond Virginia is having a similar meltdown. I suspect taxes will triple over the next few years to cover the shenanigans. Some people will never leave. So be it.
Originally Posted by Bristoe
The biggest downside to this whole mess is that schitt for brains white liberals are going to be flowing out of the cities like they're in training for the Boston Marathon.

Just convince these white liberals that they should comply with BLMs latest demand for white women... by sacrificing their wives and daughters. Put that white guilt on them MFers
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Cops are gonna end up disarmed, at least side arms, in more than a few cities before too long.

Sort of like the police in the UK that just carry night sticks. I wonder how effective that really is?
The left doesn’t want to just eliminate cops. At the same time they want to disarm law abiding citizens, and come down hard on them should they ever lift a hand in self defense against the thug class.

Did I not explain this to you last week when you said that Gentle George's death would be "hard to defend?"
Originally Posted by deflave

Did I not explain this to you last week when you said that Gentle George's death would be "hard to defend?"

You did, but until cops start policing cops, its going to be the camera toting looters who do it for them, and then we all lose .

You did, but until cops start policing cops, its going to be the camera toting looters who do it for them, and then we all lose .

That's what the guy on CNN keeps telling me.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
The left doesn’t want to just eliminate cops. At the same time they want to disarm law abiding citizens, and come down hard on them should they ever lift a hand in self defense against the thug class.

Yep.

Demonize/eliminate the cops that enforce law and order.

Guess who's next on the chopping block?
Hey....that’ll work and everyone can ‘tote’ and people will be more polite and less edgy!
We’re living in interesting times fellas,
There is a very good reason why I'm not a cop, I don't have the temperment for it, I'm a bat up side the head sort of guy, a you loot we shoot sorta guy, and an "I like my stuff sorta guy" , the police have lost the narrative, with every American carrying a phone, and the press gets to do the editing and all of the reporting .

It's been treated like its the police against the rest of us, and many of the unconcerned have joined the thugs after being bombarded with non stop anti cop videos on every channel.

Its a lose, lose for the cops right now, if they bust heads they get fired, so instead they stand and watch the rioters burn down our cities.

Its sad scenario !

No! There won’t be any at all!
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
The struggle is real crazy LA is cancelling LAPD bonuses and cutting $250,000,000 from the LAPD budget to give it to “the Black Community”, whoever they are.

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/03/8692...-mayor-eric-garcetti-announces-cuts-to-l

I dunno how “the Mexican Community” will react to this.

Prob’ly ain’t gonna help LAPD recruiting and retention either.

Look up stupid in Webster's. That L.A. mayor's fish face will be there.
So how long before white flight begins again out of theses cities? All the idiot liberals with money will bug out once they see their police-less utopia in its full glory. Of course, they will take their special kind of stupid wherever they go.

Liberalism is a mental disorder. Would be interesting to see what percentage of the mentally ill, drug addicted, and criminal identify as Democrats. I would bet the correlation is high.
There is a very good reason why I'm not a cop, I don't have the temperment for it, I'm a bat up side the head sort of guy, a you loot we shoot sorta guy, and an "I like my stuff sorta guy" , the police have lost the narrative, with every American carrying a phone, and the press gets to do the editing and all of the reporting .

It's been treated like its the police against the rest of us, and many of the unconcerned have joined the thugs after being bombarded with non stop anti cop videos on every channel.

Its a lose, lose for the cops right now, if they bust heads they get fired, so instead they stand and watch the rioters burn down our cities.

Its sad scenario !

Throw in teachers and nurses to that mix.

kwg
Originally Posted by kwg020

Its sad scenario !

Throw in teachers and nurses to that mix.

kwg

I'd love to know how being a nurse or teacher is comparable to being a cop.

I guess they plan on disarming everyone and expect all to behave nicely. crazy
Originally Posted by tpcollins

Sort of like the police in the UK that just carry night sticks. I wonder how effective that really is?

The Jamaican drug gangs caused them to pack sidearms.
First rule of negotiation - Always demand more than you are willing to settle for.

As to teachers, it's an easy comparison. Classroom management correlates to the job of the cop perfectly. Maintaining order, and the enforcement of rules, is (sadly) a major part of the job. A student gets out of line, and won't reform his behavior in class upon being confronted by the teacher, and he's sent to the Dean's Office for disciplining at various levels, depending on the severity of the offense. How'd you not know this?

PS Teachers also deal with the same sorts of people in the classroom that cops have to deal with in the streets, with all the same attitudes and levels of disrespect, threatening behavior, etc..

As to teachers, it's an easy comparison. Classroom management correlates to the job of the cop perfectly. Maintaining order, and the following of rules is part of the job. A student gets out of line, and won't reform his behavior in class, he's sent to the Dean's Office for disciplining at various levels, depending on the offense. How'd you not know this?

PS Teachers also deal with the same sorts of people in the classroom that cops have to deal with in the streets, with all the same attitudes and levels of disrespect, threatening behavior, etc..

I'd love to know how being a teacher or nurse is comparable to being a cop.
I just explained it in a very concise way. What aren't you understanding?

The part where you have to approach people you've never seen before, slam them to the ground, handcuff them, understand the 4th Amendment and how it applies to your day-to-day duties. Carry a firearm. Pursue vehicles. Pit vehicles. Get divorced every 5-10 years.

Stuff like that.
Who on earth would be an unarmed cop, this ain’t Mayberry. One can only imagine how fast it descends into chaos after an idiotic move.

Don’t come here liberals, we’ll build a wall cool
Originally Posted by JB in SC
Who on earth would be an unarmed cop, this ain’t Mayberry. One can only imagine how fast it descends into chaos after an idiotic move.

Don’t come here liberals, we’ll build a wall cool

I mean...

Teachers and nurses do it. Why can't cops?

As to teachers, it's an easy comparison. Classroom management correlates to the job of the cop perfectly. Maintaining order, and the enforcement of rules, is (sadly) a major part of the job. A student gets out of line, and won't reform his behavior in class upon being confronted by the teacher, and he's sent to the Dean's Office for disciplining at various levels, depending on the severity of the offense. How'd you not know this?

THR,Bad analogy, I was in New York City cop, my girlfriend at the Home was a schoolteacher, New York City, no comparison! Not back then and not today. To school teachers go through some [bleep] in the classroom yup and some nasty [bleep] but there’s no comparison.

I can’t speak for nurses, but teachers deal with the general public, the good and the small minority bad, same as Cops. Both are installed as authority figures tasked with enforcing a set of rules that are frequently unpopular with at least some members of the general public.

(People generally don’t appreciate the level of tedium students are asked to endure. Did you ever go to a professional conference where the friggin boring meetings go on ALL day long? Well, that’s what it’s like for a school kid, every day.)

Neither teachers nor Cops can coerce more than a few individuals by force or penalty, and even then that won’t work for very long.

You can’t govern without the consent of the governed, to keep that consent you have to carefully manage and strive to build a relationship with the herd. I think with Cops I have heard this described as “community policing”.

Dealing with a slice of the general public as I do is why my first reaction is generally sympathy with the Cops on those threads. Including those four morons who recently mishandled a drug-addled violent criminal on camera.

Holy crap, that lead offender had nineteen years on the job, so close to retirement. One screw up on his part and all of this happens. No wonder he’s on suicide watch.

The part where you have to approach people you've never seen before, slam them to the ground, handcuff them, understand the 4th Amendment and how it applies to your day-to-day duties. Carry a firearm. Pursue vehicles. Pit vehicles. Get divorced every 5-10 years.

Stuff like that.

Yours would be a cogent response to my post had I asserted that the two jobs were identical. I merely reviewed the ways in which they are comparable.

Stuff like that.

Yours would be a cogent response to my post had I asserted that the two jobs were identical. I merely reviewed the ways in which they are comparable.

I understood your point about having to maintain order but I think it's a bit of a stretch to compare the two.

Dealing with a slice of the general public as I do is why my first reaction is generally sympathy with the Cops on those threads. Including those four morons who recently mishandled a drug-addled violent criminal on camera.

LOL

Stick to birds.

LOL

Stick to birds.

Go teach public school.

Stuff like that.

I understood your point about having to maintain order but I think it's a bit of a stretch to compare the two.

Maintain order if you want, if it becomes violent walk out of the classroom and let your principal deal with it. If they want to get involved that’s a personal decision it’s not part of their job.

Go teach public school.

That occupation is only reserved for the best and the brightest.
Abolish the police? That's retarded thinking by the Frankfurt School Zio-jugend. That door swings both ways - deer hunters will be able to get in all the target practice they want between deer seasons. See a 'youth' walking out of a store with stolen merchandise? Walk up to it and put your pistol in it's face and pull the trigger. Unintended consequences.....

Go teach public school.

That occupation is only reserved for the best and the brightest.

....OK then, go be a Cop........ smile

( ya walked right in to that one)

LOL

Stick to birds.
Go teach public school.

That would be an eye opening experience for Deflave. A couple of years ago, at the school where I teach, we had a new teacher. He was a recently retired cop. They gave him the 9th grade, mainstream, US History class. That was his first and last year as a public school teacher. LOL.

....OK then, go be a Cop........ smile

( ya walked right in to that one)

That occupation is reserved for people that care about drunk drivers and people that speed in school zones.

That would be an eye opening experience for Deflave. A couple of years ago, at the school where I teach, we had a new teacher. He was a recently retired cop. They gave him the 9th grade, mainstream, US History class. That was his first and last year as a public school teacher. LOL.

One thing I've noticed about school teachers.

They sure think highly of themselves.
...if anyone cares, I erred in calling those four Minneapolis Cops morons. I would call it just a burnout-induced error in judgement is all during one incident in a very unforgiving profession.

Its a no-brainer they didn't know the guy was gonna die on them nor would they want him to, if only to avoid all the bureaucratic hassles that would ensue.
Home school might/should become more popular.
...if anyone cares, I erred in calling those four Minneapolis Cops morons. I would call it just a burnout-induced error in judgement is all during one incident in a very unforgiving profession.

Its a no-brainer they didn't know the guy was gonna die on them nor would they want him to, if only to avoid all the bureaucratic hassles that would ensue.

I appreciate your almost apologizing.
Originally Posted by viking
Home school might/should become more popular.

We just had mandatory home-schooling en-mass, it was called "long-distance learning". Ain't too many parents able or willing to put in the time and preparation required. As a result we got about one-quarter of the material at best that we would have ordinarily covered over this past twelve weeks, and that not at all well or in depth.

I've run into more'n a few functionally illiterate "home-schooled" kids too, functionally illiterate even by public school standards, prob'ly seen more of them than I have success stories, but the best of these were very good.

Like I said, only a few parents have the time and ability to do it well, and most of these prob'ly already were.
Almost every parent I have spoken to since the Bologna Virus kicked off is contemplating home school.

Academically it's not even a question. The only real concern is sports.
Lots of school districts have their own homeschool program. (Mine does).

Kids enrolled in the homeschool program can fully participate in all district sports and activities. They can even be duel enrolled and take a few classes at the brick and mortar school and do the rest in the home school program. It’s a cash cow for school districts because they get almost the same funding but it’s considerably cheaper to “homeschool“ a kid. Costs 13k a year to educate a brick and mortar kid in my district.
Almost every parent I have spoken to since the Bologna Virus kicked off is contemplating home school.

The biggest challenges would be Chemistry, Physics and the various Mathematics all up to and including the college-level, that and watching constantly that Johnny is doing his work and not browsing porn.

The biggest challenges would be Chemistry, Physics and the various Mathematics all up to and including the college-level, that and watching constantly that Johnny is doing his work and not browsing porn.

Uh-huh.
Originally Posted by Calvin
Lots of school districts have their own homeschool program. (Mine does).

Kids enrolled in the homeschool program can fully participate in all district sports and activities. They can even be duel enrolled and take a few classes at the brick and mortar school and do the rest in the home school program. It’s a cash cow for school districts because they get almost the same funding but it’s considerably cheaper to “homeschool“ a kid. Costs 13k a year to educate a brick and mortar kid in my district.

I hadn't heard of that, sounds like a plan, sounds like the future actually. Already there's courses like Health that kids can take entirely online, prob'ly that fraction will increase..

Other things like science lab facilities are problematic at home. Things like Advanced Physics and Calculus benefit enormously from face to face instruction.

Uh-huh.

What, you're gonna tell us that in high school if they woulda just left you in front of a computer on the innernet all day you would have been diligently doing your work?
Local news here just reported that to create a more inclusive, less threatening school environment, Denver Public Schools is voting on a resolution that would cancel their contract with Denver PD to have officers on site.

"We want to make sure all students in all of our schools, especially our students of color, feel safe and protected," school board member Tay Anderson said Thursday.

GMAFB. What could go wrong?
Originally Posted by duck911
Local news here just reported that to create a more inclusive, less threatening school environment, Denver Public Schools is voting on a resolution that would cancel their contract with Denver PD to have officers on site.

"We want to make sure all students in all of our schools, especially our students of color, feel safe and protected," school board member Tay Anderson said Thursday.

Why do you care? live your life ,don't let this stuff bother you..... that is what you advocated in another thread
I can’t see that happening. Seems like the leadership of the commies at least would realize that the cops are really protecting criminals from us more so than protecting us from criminals. I can’t believe they’d really like to see their voter base strung up from lampposts. And speaking of lampposts, what’s to stop the politicians from getting strung up too?
Originally Posted by billhilly
I can’t see that happening. Seems like the leadership of the commies at least would realize that the cops are really protecting criminals from us more so than protecting us from criminals. I can’t believe they’d really like to see their voter base strung up from lampposts. And speaking of lampposts, what’s to stop the politicians from getting strung up too?

Speaking for White folks, what would happen if law enforcement and the criminal justice system disappeared today would be a short flurry of massive killing off of criminals, either by shooting or hanging, followed by a very polite, stable, and armed, society.
All of the Hollyweirdos that are advocating for defunding all PDs across the nation can afford private security details. But I am sure CNN and MSDNC will point that out!
Yes. Already the Mpls. Public Schools have kicked out the school cops, the Uof M said "good-bye" to mutual aid and the Mpls. Park Police said = "never mind".
Now I hope they dismantle the MPD and turn it into a cadre of social workers. I can't find a better example of group Darwin Theory.
Originally Posted by irfubar

Why do you care? live your life ,don't let this stuff bother you..... that is what you advocated in another thread

I mentioned it because it is interesting data point relating to this thread. I dont live in Denver.

But if I was a tax paying citizen of Denver, it'd bother me. Because the next Columbine style shooting in a Denver school with no security will lead to massive lawsuites - paid by the tax payers.
Yeah but it will be paid by the tax payers who voted for the idiots who thought it was a good idea to get rid of the police.
Vigilante justice with no repercussions....... oh my , they should be careful what they wish for!

FTR, I am not an anarchist, anarcho-capitalist, or any such. But I do keep my eyes open and observe gov't.

Police departments protect:
1. Government
2. The affluent ruling class (gov't+corporations+academe+media)
3. Ruling class pawns (blacks, mexicans, antifa)
Any protection granted to regular folks is almost coincidental, reliant on the individual LEO's good conscience.

So I am of the mind, "Bring it on, b!tch."

But, let us flip the script: What would happen if (instead of eliminating the police) we airlifted every single black over the ocean to Wakanda?

Well, roughly half the violent & property crime would also be gone. We might not need police in many places.

Having several community forces who know everyone within their area of jurisdiction. Something like the native towns in Alaska, where a couple Eskimos keep the peace, make arrests and hold people until the Stater shows up to collect the accused, sounds like the liberals hopeful idea for replacement of cop shops.

Don’t get overly wound up about this BS...

After several soccer mom’s and their daughters get gang raped all over the country.

The liberals themselves would put an end to this abortion of an idea.

😎

My sister homeschooled her daughter and son. Her daughter graduated with honors from MIT with a degree in Biomed engineering and her son is on Deans list at U of Maryland comp sci dept. Probably helps my sister has a Phd and taught at MIT and U KS LoL

Know dozens of home schooled kids and all turned out very successful , employed and no drug issues, no living at home with mommy and daddy as adults.
Something tells me there will be plenty of police around the idiots that came up with this.

What, you're gonna tell us that in high school if they woulda just left you in front of a computer on the innernet all day you would have been diligently doing your work?

I've always tended to do whatever I feel like.

But that doesn't change the fact that you were replaced by an iPad.

Just live and let live, Duck.
Originally Posted by jfruser

FTR, I am not an anarchist, anarcho-capitalist, or any such. But I do keep my eyes open and observe gov't.

1. Government
Any protection granted to regular folks is almost coincidental, reliant on the individual LEO's good conscience.

But, let us flip the script: What would happen if (instead of eliminating the police) we airlifted every single black over the ocean to Wakanda?

Well, roughly half the violent & property crime would also be gone. We might not need police in many places.

If every black person in the US moved to Wakanda next week, we’d still be stuck with the white liberals and “others” that are behind this kind of schit. The crime rates would drop like you said and the liberals wouldn’t have the votes they need to remain as such an immediate threat but their insidious influence throughout the institutions would remain.
I'm thinking the AAs may be on to something. Let them police their own neighborhood, as they do in Chitcago. Give them spears and pistol training.

It seems to work in Afreaka.
Originally Posted by jfruser

1. Government

If every black person in the US moved to Wakanda next week, we’d still be stuck with the white liberals and “others” that are behind this kind of schit. The crime rates would drop like you said and the liberals wouldn’t have the votes they need to remain as such an immediate threat but their insidious influence throughout the institutions would remain.

Yup. Heaven is not to be found on Earth, but some monocultures are pretty darned nice (Finland, Denmark).
White liberals drive the decline.
Originally Posted by AKduck

How are you defining White?
The usual way.
The usual way.
Of indigenous European ancestry?

I see what you did there.....

Shout out to every single cop that doesn't quit in the next 30 days.
Cops matter!

Respect of persons mandated by civilized society to hold positions of authority such as keep the peace and maintaining civil obedience has just gone down the toilet.

I see what you did there.....

I've got a few of your tackle boxes.

Heh.

I assumed he meant what is colloquially known as "Goodwhites," which is a combo of euro-descent northeastern meddlers and their descendants as well as (((fellow-whites))) who are eligible to wear the tiny hats. Or not, depending on what is convenient at the time.

[/quote]

Yup. Heaven is not to be found on Earth, but some monocultures are pretty darned nice (Finland, Denmark).[/quote]

It is written:

Once, on being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, “The coming of the kingdom of God is not something that can be observed, 21 nor will people say, ‘Here it is,’ or ‘There it is,’ because the kingdom of God is in your midst.”[c]
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Yup. Heaven is not to be found on Earth, but some monocultures are pretty darned nice (Finland, Denmark).[/quote]

It is written:

Once, on being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, “The coming of the kingdom of God is not something that can be observed, 21 nor will people say, ‘Here it is,’ or ‘There it is,’ because the kingdom of God is in your midst.”[c][/quote]

=====================

Jesus was truly a a God Level troll when he dealt with the Pharisees, especially when he broke out the parables and beat them about the head with them.
Disempower!
Disarm!
Disband!

"Today as in the past, police protect the living, working and commercial arrangements that keep capitalism running, and those who benefit from them.

Because the fundamental role of the police is to defend this unequal system, it is impossible for police to protect and serve everyone equally.

We live in a society where almost every social problem--from noisy neighbors to broken taillights--has become a point of police intervention. The result is an epidemic of harassment and violence. But what if we found other ways to solve our issues? What if we rolled back police power, and abolished the institution entirely?"

http://aworldwithoutpolice.org/
Originally Posted by Goosey
Disempower!
Disarm!
Disband!

"Today as in the past, police protect the living, working and commercial arrangements that keep capitalism running, and those who benefit from them.

Because the fundamental role of the police is to defend this unequal system, it is impossible for police to protect and serve everyone equally.

We live in a society where almost every social problem--from noisy neighbors to broken taillights--has become a point of police intervention. The result is an epidemic of harassment and violence. But what if we found other ways to solve our issues? What if we rolled back police power, and abolished the institution entirely?"

CapItalism (spit)
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Like cancer spreading through the body. A great way to turn red states blue.

Oh, what a picture. Lol.
Originally Posted by Goosey
Disempower!
Disarm!
Disband!

It would be epic to see how YOU and the rest of the liberal shills here on the board survived in that environment.
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Oh, what a picture. Lol.

If the goal is to downsize LE presence, the recipe is simple...

Everyone behaves = Policing is minimal

No department budget issues, no recruiting/staffing issues, a reduction of medical retirements from injuries sustained on the job, fewer equipment purchases, no jail crowding.....

That's a "Utopia" most Americans could get behind.

© 24hourcampfire