Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Who on earth would be an unarmed cop, this ain’t Mayberry. One can only imagine how fast it descends into chaos after an idiotic move.

Don’t come here liberals, we’ll build a wall cool

GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JB in SC
Who on earth would be an unarmed cop, this ain’t Mayberry. One can only imagine how fast it descends into chaos after an idiotic move.

Don’t come here liberals, we’ll build a wall cool

I mean...

Teachers and nurses do it. Why can't cops?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by deflave

I'd love to know how being a nurse or teacher is comparable to being a cop.

As to teachers, it's an easy comparison. Classroom management correlates to the job of the cop perfectly. Maintaining order, and the enforcement of rules, is (sadly) a major part of the job. A student gets out of line, and won't reform his behavior in class upon being confronted by the teacher, and he's sent to the Dean's Office for disciplining at various levels, depending on the severity of the offense. How'd you not know this?

PS Teachers also deal with the same sorts of people in the classroom that cops have to deal with in the streets, with all the same attitudes and levels of disrespect, threatening behavior, etc..

THR,Bad analogy, I was in New York City cop, my girlfriend at the Home was a schoolteacher, New York City, no comparison! Not back then and not today. To school teachers go through some [bleep] in the classroom yup and some nasty [bleep] but there’s no comparison.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'd love to know how being a nurse or teacher is comparable to being a cop.

I can’t speak for nurses, but teachers deal with the general public, the good and the small minority bad, same as Cops. Both are installed as authority figures tasked with enforcing a set of rules that are frequently unpopular with at least some members of the general public.

(People generally don’t appreciate the level of tedium students are asked to endure. Did you ever go to a professional conference where the friggin boring meetings go on ALL day long? Well, that’s what it’s like for a school kid, every day.)

Neither teachers nor Cops can coerce more than a few individuals by force or penalty, and even then that won’t work for very long.

You can’t govern without the consent of the governed, to keep that consent you have to carefully manage and strive to build a relationship with the herd. I think with Cops I have heard this described as “community policing”.

Dealing with a slice of the general public as I do is why my first reaction is generally sympathy with the Cops on those threads. Including those four morons who recently mishandled a drug-addled violent criminal on camera.

Holy crap, that lead offender had nineteen years on the job, so close to retirement. One screw up on his part and all of this happens. No wonder he’s on suicide watch.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I just explained it in a very concise way. What aren't you understanding?

The part where you have to approach people you've never seen before, slam them to the ground, handcuff them, understand the 4th Amendment and how it applies to your day-to-day duties. Carry a firearm. Pursue vehicles. Pit vehicles. Get divorced every 5-10 years.

Stuff like that.

Yours would be a cogent response to my post had I asserted that the two jobs were identical. I merely reviewed the ways in which they are comparable.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

The part where you have to approach people you've never seen before, slam them to the ground, handcuff them, understand the 4th Amendment and how it applies to your day-to-day duties. Carry a firearm. Pursue vehicles. Pit vehicles. Get divorced every 5-10 years.

Stuff like that.

Yours would be a cogent response to my post had I asserted that the two jobs were identical. I merely reviewed the ways in which they are comparable.

I understood your point about having to maintain order but I think it's a bit of a stretch to compare the two.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Dealing with a slice of the general public as I do is why my first reaction is generally sympathy with the Cops on those threads. Including those four morons who recently mishandled a drug-addled violent criminal on camera.

LOL

Stick to birds.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

LOL

Stick to birds.

Go teach public school.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B

Stuff like that.

I understood your point about having to maintain order but I think it's a bit of a stretch to compare the two.

Maintain order if you want, if it becomes violent walk out of the classroom and let your principal deal with it. If they want to get involved that’s a personal decision it’s not part of their job.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Go teach public school.

That occupation is only reserved for the best and the brightest.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Abolish the police? That's retarded thinking by the Frankfurt School Zio-jugend. That door swings both ways - deer hunters will be able to get in all the target practice they want between deer seasons. See a 'youth' walking out of a store with stolen merchandise? Walk up to it and put your pistol in it's face and pull the trigger. Unintended consequences.....

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Go teach public school.

That occupation is only reserved for the best and the brightest.

....OK then, go be a Cop........ smile

( ya walked right in to that one)

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

LOL

Stick to birds.
Go teach public school.

That would be an eye opening experience for Deflave. A couple of years ago, at the school where I teach, we had a new teacher. He was a recently retired cop. They gave him the 9th grade, mainstream, US History class. That was his first and last year as a public school teacher. LOL.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

....OK then, go be a Cop........ smile

( ya walked right in to that one)

That occupation is reserved for people that care about drunk drivers and people that speed in school zones.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

That would be an eye opening experience for Deflave. A couple of years ago, at the school where I teach, we had a new teacher. He was a recently retired cop. They gave him the 9th grade, mainstream, US History class. That was his first and last year as a public school teacher. LOL.

One thing I've noticed about school teachers.

They sure think highly of themselves.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
...if anyone cares, I erred in calling those four Minneapolis Cops morons. I would call it just a burnout-induced error in judgement is all during one incident in a very unforgiving profession.

Its a no-brainer they didn't know the guy was gonna die on them nor would they want him to, if only to avoid all the bureaucratic hassles that would ensue.

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Home school might/should become more popular.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
...if anyone cares, I erred in calling those four Minneapolis Cops morons. I would call it just a burnout-induced error in judgement is all during one incident in a very unforgiving profession.

Its a no-brainer they didn't know the guy was gonna die on them nor would they want him to, if only to avoid all the bureaucratic hassles that would ensue.

I appreciate your almost apologizing.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by viking
Home school might/should become more popular.

We just had mandatory home-schooling en-mass, it was called "long-distance learning". Ain't too many parents able or willing to put in the time and preparation required. As a result we got about one-quarter of the material at best that we would have ordinarily covered over this past twelve weeks, and that not at all well or in depth.

I've run into more'n a few functionally illiterate "home-schooled" kids too, functionally illiterate even by public school standards, prob'ly seen more of them than I have success stories, but the best of these were very good.

Like I said, only a few parents have the time and ability to do it well, and most of these prob'ly already were.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Almost every parent I have spoken to since the Bologna Virus kicked off is contemplating home school.

Academically it's not even a question. The only real concern is sports.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

122 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 308ld, Anaconda, 35, 11 invisible), 1,504 guests, and 858 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,749
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.