Home
Posted By: Bristoe Went out to dinner last night - 06/07/20
First time since the corona madness started. They kept people spaced out a bit. But nobody eating there were wearing masks. Some of the people working there had masks, but many of them had them pulled down below their chins most of the time. Our waiter didn't have a mask. Nobody in the place was having fits about people not wearing masks.

Things are returning to normal around here.
That's good to hear Bristoe, and a good Sunday morning to you!
Originally Posted by Bristoe
First time since the corona madness started. They kept people spaced out a bit. But nobody eating there were wearing masks. Some of the people working there had masks, but many of them had them pulled down below their chins most of the time. Our waiter didn't have a mask. Nobody in the place was having fits about people not wearing masks.

Things are returning to normal around here.

This Thursday, I ate out for the first time since the madness started. Red Lobster. Had a steamed lobster. Was great. Every other table was left unoccupied, all the staff wore masks, and they asked customers to wear them till seated. Seemed strange, but I guess they are going gradually back to normal.
I guess the magic wind swept the bad spirits away.
Slowing starting to see the same behavior around here. Handshakes are starting to return.
Red Lobster.....in Florida?

Yikes.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Yikes.

I was thinking the same.
Yeah, we went out Thursday night and had Mex food. All staff in masks and gloves.
White people still eat at red lobster....šŸ˜€
Also,..drove by the local Mexican restaurant on the way home and its parking lot was at capacity. It's a popular place around here and I guess people have gone long enough without having their Mexican food fix.
We refer to it as the Crimson Crustacean! And since momma and her last sister died, we have not had to suffer thru that establishment.
Posted By: krp Re: Went out to dinner last night - 06/07/20
I pretty much have forgotten about the corona, serving staff at a breakfast place I frequent have quit the mask/gloves chit, you have to ask for salt/pepper shakers and jelly packs, nothing left on the tables.

Kent

Yikes.

Only other place I knew of that normally served steamed lobster wasn't serving it. They said it was because of the COVID.

PS You folks know that Maine lobster isn't a local dish here in Florida, right?
Originally Posted by slumlord

Not since several years ago when a BB stud waltzed his baby momma though the eating area with her g-string pouch hanging out below the bottom of her miniskirt about 18 inches above her scabby knees.

I think it turned a lot of racists crackers from eating anything fishy forever.

Dey be stylin.
The Lowes store here is still highly neurotic about corona. It's a big hardware, lumber, appliance store with a big garden center on one end. The garden center has its own cash register and a big bay door that opens up into the parking lot.

They won't allow anyone to enter through the bay door.

My wife was there a couple of days ago and decided to buy some potted plants that were located right outside of the bay door of the garden center.

She picked up two of them and began walking towards the checkout,..which is located about 10' inside the bay door. The woman running the checkout told her that she had to walk all the way to the main entrance of the store then enter the garden center from inside the building.

My wife just set the potted plants down where she stood and left.

When they want a steamed Maine lobster, and the local place that normally has it doesn't have it because of COVID, yeah.
Originally Posted by deflave

I dont think the Magic Negro would have that to say.
We havenā€™t been. Things are much more relaxed here. Iā€™ll be glad when the dance halls open.

My baby girl the intensive care nurse says Tomball hospital is running 14 to 20 cases of Commie virus.

She says the coloreds and Meskins are being hit harder than the crackers. More deaths anyway.
The Lowes store here is still highly neurotic about corona. It's a big hardware, lumber, appliance store with a big garden center on one end. The garden center has its own cash register and a big bay door that opens up into the parking lot.

My wife was there a couple of days ago and decided to buy some potted plants that were located right outside of the bay door of the garden center.

She picked up two of them and began walking towards the checkout,..which is located about 10' inside the bay door. The woman running the checkout told her that she had to walk all the way to the main entrance of the store then enter the garden center from inside the building.

Our Lowes is quite the opposite. Thankfully
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

When they want a steamed Maine lobster, and the local place that normally has it doesn't it because of COVID, yeah.

Understand, sometimes itā€™s worth it. šŸ˜ƒ

You be careful in there, not sure Fla allows concealed carry where booze is being served.
My newfound take is this....if 10,000 Marxists donā€™t need masks for their loot rallies....then the Loweā€™s forklift guy is probably gonna be just fine without his.
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

Our Lowes is quite the opposite. Thankfully

Lowes has always done big business in this town. Every spring they have pallets of various bags of garden soil, compost, mulch,..all kinds of gardening and landscaping stuff. It all sells out quick.

People around here are talking about how knotheaded the Lowes is this year. You have to jump through all kinds of hoops to buy the most basic thing from them. People are finding alternatives to Lowes.

I needed some small hardware items last week and I drove 25 miles down the road to another small town to get them. They have a good, locally owned hardware store that doesn't practice nonsense.
Posted By: KFWA Re: Went out to dinner last night - 06/07/20
was talking my boss in Chicago

took his family out to eat, no salt/pepper, condiments on the table, menus were throw-away, paper cups, paper napkins. Utensils were metal however.

People were space apart. He said it made him realize the food at that place wasn't all that great, and he paid $200 for essentially having an indoor picnic.

He statement was he isn't going back out until the places can offer a pleasant dining experience, not a sterile one.

I've yet to go out to a restaurant, I'm not sure why other than I'm fine with a burger at the moment.
I really miss good, locally owned, hdwe stores!!!

I
Weā€™ve been able to eat at a restaurant for a few weeks. Went last night again.
My favorite mom and pop hamburger joint reopened a couple three weeks ago. Little more space between, waitress wears a mask when unknowns come in, but she takes it off when we're alone in there chatting. No condiments at the table, have to ask for them.

*Has anyone come up with a name for the slick little city boy that shows up wearing a mask, skinny jeans, has a big jewish nose and head that sticks forward on his neck like a rooster?You know the type. Votes democrat, loves Bernie, feels bad about being white and tries to make black friends to assuage his guilty conscience for being a white trust fund baby. Looks down that long snout through narrow glasses at anyone not wearing a mask.

Yeah. The Cuomo virus heading back home with the Gulf Stream and summer wind..
Bought the only thing worth going out to eat for is mexican, we've been twice. A couple breakfasts when the guys I'm working with want to go.

Even most lunches I wait till I get home, worked 10 hours straight yesterday on a paver job, didn't want to quit cause it's hard to get started again, wife had a big batch of fajita meat done when I got home.

Kent
. . . Every other table was left unoccupied, all the staff wore masks, and they asked customers to wear them till seated. Seemed strange, but I guess they are going gradually back to normal.

TRH . . . Did Red Lobster supply a mask to the customers to wear from the lobby to their seats? If not, did they turn away customers who did not have a mask?

Places are NASTY around here.

Iā€™d sooner eat a ā€œlobsterā€ from a taco truck.
I donā€™t understand how people can go from scared to death to eating out, in 60 days.
Because the news told them it was OK.
I'm going to catch hell for this but I'm not impressed with lobster as a high dollar meal, I find it fairly tasteless compared to some better fish and if you have to dip it in a sauce to enhance the flavor it's not worth the price. I've eaten it at fancy restaurants from the California coasts down in Cabo and and straight out of the baja running a dive boat. I can eat it but not going to pay a premium for it.

Kent
I also don't understand wait staff wearing rubber gloves. You know they ain't changing them after everything they touch, and I'm betting people aren't washing their hands near as often if wearing rubber gloves.

Another feel good measure, thanks Karen
Originally Posted by krp
I'm going to catch hell for this but I'm not impressed with lobster as a high dollar meal, I find it fairly tasteless compared to some better fish and if you have to dip it in a sauce to enhance the flavor it's not worth the price. I've eaten it at fancy restaurants from the California coasts down in Cabo and and straight out of the baja running a dive boat. I can eat it but not going to pay a premium for it.

Kent

No kidding.
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

+1
Maybe boiling crawfish style with some Zatarain's liquid seasoning would perk them up.
The rioting terrorists killed the COVID. Probably because they heard that it kills black disproportionately and exponentially.

We've had sushi twice, Mexican twice, and Korean twice since the riots started.

Our daughter graduated yesterday. They lined everyone up - socially distanced, mind you. Then they paraded us through the building to the graduation room. Each graduate was handed the same Diploma case for photos, handed it back to

the teacher in charge, and she handed it to the next graduate.

All of this COVID crap has been nothing more than virtue signalling. One would really have to be slow to continue to think otherwise.
#Sheeple
Very relaxed in our area with tables just a bit further apart which makes things more pleasurable.
Originally Posted by 280shooter
The rioting terrorists killed the COVID. Probably because they heard that it kills black disproportionately and exponentially.

Our daughter graduated yesterday. They lined everyone up - socially distanced, mind you. Then they paraded us through the building to the graduation room. Each graduate was handed the same Diploma case for photos, handed it back to

All of this COVID crap has been nothing more than virtue signalling. One would really have to be slow to continue to think otherwise.

No.

Liability Mitigation is the reason for the season.

No.

The main reason for contact tracing, ya reckon ?
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Very relaxed in our area with tables just a bit further apart which makes things more pleasurable.
If it's anything like our area most places needed them farther apart anyway.
Went to a Mexican food place last night, with some friends. Workers were all wearing masks. They are getting more relaxed on the tables, maybe a little. Many places I still won't go to, because their "rules" take away the ambiance, and just enjoyment all together. Maybe later. Had a good meal though.
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

I like lobster very much, but I can't accept the price that it commands.

No.

I have yet to see any of this theater for the slow, that didn't have gaping and contradictory holes in their feeble attempts to hide from a virus. Think grocery store clerks and keypads.
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

True.

Ainā€™t all bad came out of this !
Grins
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
. . . Every other table was left unoccupied, all the staff wore masks, and they asked customers to wear them till seated. Seemed strange, but I guess they are going gradually back to normal.

TRH . . . Did Red Lobster supply a mask to the customers to wear from the lobby to their seats? If not, did they turn away customers who did not have a mask?

I brought my own. Lots of the stores around here still ask people to wear them. I don't know the answer to the rest of your questions.
Originally Posted by RemModel8
I also don't understand wait staff wearing rubber gloves. You know they ain't changing them after everything they touch, and I'm betting people aren't washing their hands near as often if wearing rubber gloves.

Another feel good measure, thanks Karen

Yep. I feel the same. In fact, I'm more concerned when I see them wearing gloves, because they may have a heightened sense of being cautious, when in fact it's far worse than just frequently washing their hands.
We refer to it as the Crimson Crustacean! And since momma and her last sister died, we have not had to suffer thru that establishment.

+1 on the suffering if you get "good seafood" at Red Lobster. They are to seafood what CICI's is to good pizza
Lobster is okay. But I wouldn't trade a slab of ribs from Texas Roadhouse for the biggest lobster in the tank.
Originally Posted by BayouRover

+1 on the suffering if you get "good seafood" at Red Lobster. They are to seafood what CICI's is to good pizza

That puts you on damned thin ice with Rene and Slum here .

Youā€™ll pay for that comment !
Grins
Originally Posted by BayouRover

That puts you on damned thin ice with Rene and Slum here .

Youā€™ll pay for that comment !
Grins

Just another one of life's burdens. laugh
I usually don't get done with chores and back to the Red Head 'till about 8 on Saturday nights, so we usually go out for a bite. Being that we live behind the Zion curtain, they roll up the sidewalks around here by 10.

Anyway, the last three weeks or so, things have been quiet in most restaurants. Very few diners, comparatively, limited menus, rusty wait staff..... but everyone is clearly very grateful to be back at work. The masks are one of my pet peeves, I have a hard time hearing through the mask (or I'm more deaf and more skilled at lip reading than I thought....). At our usual places, it's obvious they are glad to see their regular customers coming back. I'm still tipping about double, and will keep doing that until we are back to some semblance of normal.
Corona cases around here pretty much stabilized after the first few weeks. The entire county has only recorded 37 cases since the beginning,..and I think most of them have gotten over it,..if they ever had any symptoms at all.
Reading this I was wondering if Red Lobster is that bad. Then I realize it has been over twenty years since I ate at one.
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

No kidding.

I recently had lobster that was flown in from Maine. Itā€™s been years since I had any and I it was a gracious invitation so I decided to partake. It was rubbery and somewhat tasteless.

Back in the day (1980ā€™s) I gorged myself on King crab in Kodiak for 4 years. BTW, back then they were huge and everywhere you looked on the Rock. Iā€™ll take the Kings over lobster any day.
I'll take dungeness crab 1 time over lobster 10 times.
Iā€™m with krp on the lobster. Never been impressed with it. Take a plate of crappie fillets anyday.
Iā€™m with krp on the lobster. Never been impressed with it. Take a plate of crappie fillets anyday.

Yes
As far as Red Lobster goes I went there once, took my girlfriend on a date trying to impress her with an upscale type menu, neither of us had eaten lobster before... well we've been married 40 years and never ate there again. She orders fish quite often when we go out.

I sometimes joke that we are going to Red Lobster and she gives me the dirty eye still.

Kent
Originally Posted by Scotty
Reading this I was wondering if Red Lobster is that bad. Then I realize it has been over twenty years since I ate at one.

Been going there all my life, but only when I'm in the mood for steamed, live, Maine lobster. That's all I think I've ever ordered there. They sure know how to steam them. Always good. For a few years, they stopped offering steamed lobster, and only just recently started again. During that period, I emailed corporate and reminded them that the friggen logo on their sign is a steamed lobster.
Cheddar Bay biscuits are the schit.

Ainā€™t worth the worry of catching the sickle cell though.

True.

Grins

Did you feel more safe?

True.

Grins

Did you feel more safe?
Red Lobsters (since that was what this thread was started about anyway), usually have pretty good seating without moving their tables around. We still have some mom and pop restaurants that have always had tables jammed up together. I never liked that before COVID came about. I don't like sitting right up on some other family. If we're going out to eat, we'll eat at odd times just to avoid the rush and the crowds. Again, this predates the COVID by a long, long time.

I don't think you're talking to me but...I don't feel safer, I've just never liked crowds anyway.

True.

Grins

Did you feel more safe?
Red Lobsters (since that was what this thread was started about anyway), usually have pretty good seating without moving their tables around. We still have some mom and pop restaurants that have always had tables jammed up together. I never liked that before COVID came about. I don't like sitting right up on some other family. If we're going out to eat, we'll eat at odd times just to avoid the rush and the crowds. Again, this predates the COVID by a long, long time.

I don't think you're talking to me but...I don't feel safer, I've just never liked crowds anyway.

My neighbor is the same way about the closeness of tables at many restaurants. Of course he weighs 350 pounds, so more than 3 tables on a football field is too close.

Not suggesting that is you, just giving an example.
Successful restaurants pack them in to increase profit. The government is impeding that for no reason.

That should infuriate Americans. Not make them happy.

Dave

PS-I donā€™t think Bristoe mentioned Red Lobster.

True.

Grins

Did you feel more safe?

Only when I wear my Haz-Mat suit in public.
Successful restaurants pack them in to increase profit. The government is impeding that for no reason.

Dave

I have no idea about what the government is requiring and am not speaking of that. IDGAF how good the food is, if I'm crowded I ain't going. COVID or no COVID.

Many things the government and corporate are doing infuriate me and always have. I've made that pretty plain on here. How does Walmart decreasing their hours of operation lessen the chances of anybody getting it? It doesn't. It just gives them an excuse to cut worker's hours and make even more profit. Take note that they haven't increased their hours back to where they were before this started.

I was just in a local Walmart...no guns. I'm sure they weren't sold out, just don't have guns for "moral" reasons. Maybe you'd shoot a looter. How was it moral to sell guns a month ago, but now it's not? What about the people that could be killed because they didn't have guns to defend against a mob assaulting them due to their color or for their stuff? I guess it's moral to let some white folks get killed for the cause.
Hey Dutch, when do you think Sizzler will re open? I think having that giant salad bar is causing them a lot of grief myself. You're probably still taking that red head to Butter Burr's.

Dick

Dave

I have no idea about what the government is requiring and am not speaking of that. IDGAF how good the food is, if I'm crowded I ain't going. COVID or no COVID.

Many things the government and corporate are doing infuriate me and always have. I've made that pretty plain on here. How does Walmart decreasing their hours of operation lessen the chances of anybody getting it? It doesn't. It just gives them an excuse to cut worker's hours and make even more profit. Take note that they haven't increased their hours back to where they were before this started.

I was just in a local Walmart...no guns. I'm sure they weren't sold out, just don't have guns for "moral" reasons. Maybe you'd shoot a looter. How was it moral to sell guns a month ago, but now it's not? What about the people that could be killed because they didn't have guns to defend against a mob assaulting them due to their color or for their stuff? I guess it's moral to let some white folks get killed for the cause.

They're off the shelves here too. In all the stores not just Walmart. They don't want them to be looted.
Originally Posted by Idaho1945
Hey Dutch, when do you think Sizzler will re open? I think having that giant salad bar is causing them a lot of grief myself. You're probably still taking that red head to Butter Burr's.

Dick

No clue about Sizzler, but the redheadā€™s sister works at Butter Burrs, so weā€™re no stranger there. Lots of local outfits are struggling, trying to spread the money around.
Posted By: EdM Re: Went out to dinner last night - 06/08/20
When I first returned to a restaurant it was a few weeks ago or so when Abbott opened them up at 25%. I hit a favorite Taqueria in San Antonio and immediately at entry had a gun to my forehead taking my temperature. They wore masks, I didn't and enjoyed a killer plate of carne guisada. Now in north Idaho we are clearly a few weeks behind Texas.
Originally Posted by EdM
When I first returned to a restaurant it was a few weeks ago or so when Abbott opened them up at 25%. I hit a favorite Taqueria in San Antonio and immediately at entry had a gun to my forehead taking my temperature. They wore masks, I didn't and enjoyed a killer plate of carne guisada. Now in north Idaho we are clearly a few weeks behind Texas.

You mean Texas is more open than Idaho?
Been basically living in Tenn though all of this.
been dining in for over a month there.
Some restaurants are all out with masks, gloves, distancing and condiments, others are just like pre-Hysteria, those are where we end up usually.
Originally Posted by Raeford
Been basically living in Tenn though all of this.
been dining in for over a month there.
Some restaurants are all out with masks, gloves, distancing and condiments, others are just like pre-Hysteria, those are where we end up usually.

Much the same here. We have both types but lesser of the mask and gloves.

Wife and I, tired of burgers and fries on the run, hit the local Golden Corral buffet last week since they announced reopening with limited number inside dining. You were seated and the wait staff asked what you wanted from a also somewhat limited menu, filled your plates and brought them back too you -- customers were not allowed to fill their own plates as they normally would. The food was okay but probably won't be going back again until they fully open the buffet to self service again.
Posted By: EdM Re: Went out to dinner last night - 06/08/20
Originally Posted by EdM

You mean Texas is more open than Idaho?

Yep.
That's crazy.

Idaho has like 8 people. LOL
That's crazy.

But 6 of them are from California. Hasbeen

True.

Grins

Did you feel more safe?

I hear you, Ethan, I hate sitting so close I feel like I'm going to knock over somebody's mai tai if I reach for the pepper mill with my long arms.
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
That's crazy.

But 6 of them are from California. Hasbeen

Blaine county (Sun Valley) population 23,000, had at one time the third highest per capita infection rate in the country.

This county got itā€™s second case last week. Weā€™re all gonna die!
© 24hourcampfire