Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
As far as Red Lobster goes I went there once, took my girlfriend on a date trying to impress her with an upscale type menu, neither of us had eaten lobster before... well we've been married 40 years and never ate there again. She orders fish quite often when we go out.

I sometimes joke that we are going to Red Lobster and she gives me the dirty eye still.

Kent

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Scotty
Reading this I was wondering if Red Lobster is that bad. Then I realize it has been over twenty years since I ate at one.

Been going there all my life, but only when I'm in the mood for steamed, live, Maine lobster. That's all I think I've ever ordered there. They sure know how to steam them. Always good. For a few years, they stopped offering steamed lobster, and only just recently started again. During that period, I emailed corporate and reminded them that the friggen logo on their sign is a steamed lobster.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cheddar Bay biscuits are the schit.

Ain’t worth the worry of catching the sickle cell though.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Very relaxed in our area with tables just a bit further apart which makes things more pleasurable.
If it's anything like our area most places needed them farther apart anyway.

True.

Ain’t all bad came out of this !
Grins

Did you feel more safe?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave
Very relaxed in our area with tables just a bit further apart which makes things more pleasurable.

True.

Grins

Did you feel more safe?
Red Lobsters (since that was what this thread was started about anyway), usually have pretty good seating without moving their tables around. We still have some mom and pop restaurants that have always had tables jammed up together. I never liked that before COVID came about. I don't like sitting right up on some other family. If we're going out to eat, we'll eat at odd times just to avoid the rush and the crowds. Again, this predates the COVID by a long, long time.

I don't think you're talking to me but...I don't feel safer, I've just never liked crowds anyway.

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

True.

Grins

Did you feel more safe?
Red Lobsters (since that was what this thread was started about anyway), usually have pretty good seating without moving their tables around. We still have some mom and pop restaurants that have always had tables jammed up together. I never liked that before COVID came about. I don't like sitting right up on some other family. If we're going out to eat, we'll eat at odd times just to avoid the rush and the crowds. Again, this predates the COVID by a long, long time.

I don't think you're talking to me but...I don't feel safer, I've just never liked crowds anyway.

My neighbor is the same way about the closeness of tables at many restaurants. Of course he weighs 350 pounds, so more than 3 tables on a football field is too close.

Not suggesting that is you, just giving an example.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Successful restaurants pack them in to increase profit. The government is impeding that for no reason.

That should infuriate Americans. Not make them happy.

Dave

PS-I don’t think Bristoe mentioned Red Lobster.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

True.

Grins

Did you feel more safe?

Only when I wear my Haz-Mat suit in public.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Successful restaurants pack them in to increase profit. The government is impeding that for no reason.

Dave

I have no idea about what the government is requiring and am not speaking of that. IDGAF how good the food is, if I'm crowded I ain't going. COVID or no COVID.

Many things the government and corporate are doing infuriate me and always have. I've made that pretty plain on here. How does Walmart decreasing their hours of operation lessen the chances of anybody getting it? It doesn't. It just gives them an excuse to cut worker's hours and make even more profit. Take note that they haven't increased their hours back to where they were before this started.

I was just in a local Walmart...no guns. I'm sure they weren't sold out, just don't have guns for "moral" reasons. Maybe you'd shoot a looter. How was it moral to sell guns a month ago, but now it's not? What about the people that could be killed because they didn't have guns to defend against a mob assaulting them due to their color or for their stuff? I guess it's moral to let some white folks get killed for the cause.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Hey Dutch, when do you think Sizzler will re open? I think having that giant salad bar is causing them a lot of grief myself. You're probably still taking that red head to Butter Burr's.

Dick

Last edited by Idaho1945; 06/07/20.
IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Dave

I have no idea about what the government is requiring and am not speaking of that. IDGAF how good the food is, if I'm crowded I ain't going. COVID or no COVID.

Many things the government and corporate are doing infuriate me and always have. I've made that pretty plain on here. How does Walmart decreasing their hours of operation lessen the chances of anybody getting it? It doesn't. It just gives them an excuse to cut worker's hours and make even more profit. Take note that they haven't increased their hours back to where they were before this started.

I was just in a local Walmart...no guns. I'm sure they weren't sold out, just don't have guns for "moral" reasons. Maybe you'd shoot a looter. How was it moral to sell guns a month ago, but now it's not? What about the people that could be killed because they didn't have guns to defend against a mob assaulting them due to their color or for their stuff? I guess it's moral to let some white folks get killed for the cause.

They're off the shelves here too. In all the stores not just Walmart. They don't want them to be looted.

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Idaho1945
Hey Dutch, when do you think Sizzler will re open? I think having that giant salad bar is causing them a lot of grief myself. You're probably still taking that red head to Butter Burr's.

Dick

No clue about Sizzler, but the redhead’s sister works at Butter Burrs, so we’re no stranger there. Lots of local outfits are struggling, trying to spread the money around.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
When I first returned to a restaurant it was a few weeks ago or so when Abbott opened them up at 25%. I hit a favorite Taqueria in San Antonio and immediately at entry had a gun to my forehead taking my temperature. They wore masks, I didn't and enjoyed a killer plate of carne guisada. Now in north Idaho we are clearly a few weeks behind Texas.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by EdM
When I first returned to a restaurant it was a few weeks ago or so when Abbott opened them up at 25%. I hit a favorite Taqueria in San Antonio and immediately at entry had a gun to my forehead taking my temperature. They wore masks, I didn't and enjoyed a killer plate of carne guisada. Now in north Idaho we are clearly a few weeks behind Texas.

You mean Texas is more open than Idaho?

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Been basically living in Tenn though all of this.
been dining in for over a month there.
Some restaurants are all out with masks, gloves, distancing and condiments, others are just like pre-Hysteria, those are where we end up usually.

FJB & FJT
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Raeford
Been basically living in Tenn though all of this.
been dining in for over a month there.
Some restaurants are all out with masks, gloves, distancing and condiments, others are just like pre-Hysteria, those are where we end up usually.

Much the same here. We have both types but lesser of the mask and gloves.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Wife and I, tired of burgers and fries on the run, hit the local Golden Corral buffet last week since they announced reopening with limited number inside dining. You were seated and the wait staff asked what you wanted from a also somewhat limited menu, filled your plates and brought them back too you -- customers were not allowed to fill their own plates as they normally would. The food was okay but probably won't be going back again until they fully open the buffet to self service again.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by EdM

You mean Texas is more open than Idaho?

Yep.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
That's crazy.

Idaho has like 8 people. LOL

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's crazy.

Idaho has like 8 people. LOL

But 6 of them are from California. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (1lessdog, 12344mag, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1badf350, 58 invisible), 2,465 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,410
Posts18,470,373
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.